Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Was this one and the family feud aired out of sequence? Making the blood bucket reference after it actually made an appearance makes more sense.

Good episode, loved charlie's utter indifference at mac trying to kick him out of the pub.

PittTheElder posted:

I just wish that you could have actually seen Mac hiding in Charlies apartment somewhere.

It's been previously established that the best place to hide in that apartment is to just lie as flat as possible on top of the bed, I guess he just got himself really really flat, like a starfish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Your head of security just choked himself out.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
He didn't wear the sunglasses so Charlie could tell how scared he was, that's where his plan went wrong.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

emanresu tnuocca posted:

He didn't wear the sunglasses so Charlie could tell how scared he was, that's where his plan went wrong.

I was wondering if maybe this was part of his plan to play both sides, but I guess it can't have been that or he would have told everybody beforehand.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Was this one and the family feud aired out of sequence? Making the blood bucket reference after it actually made an appearance makes more sense.

In this episode it's mentioned the blood bucket already had blood in it and I think the inference is that some of that blood was from the Family Fight thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love this show :)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It's been previously established that the best place to hide in that apartment is to just lie as flat as possible on top of the bed, I guess he just got himself really really flat, like a starfish.

Nah dude, it's all about the crevice.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I loved how by the end of the episode, Dennis stops correcting Mac on how the whole "playing both ends against the middle" only works if you do it secretly. And then at the end, Dennis, in Mac fashion, blows his whole Franquito deception when Vampire Frank un-retires. It was still a good deception that could have worked... but not anymore.

The blood gags were hilarious. The first one, where Mac just grabs the toeknife and slices his hand... I did not see it coming and I had no time to react. It was too much. (And how are they getting that blood out of Frank without leaving open wounds?)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

tarlibone posted:

The blood gags were hilarious. The first one, where Mac just grabs the toeknife and slices his hand... I did not see it coming and I had no time to react. It was too much. (And how are they getting that blood out of Frank without leaving open wounds?)

I think Charlie said they put duct tape over the wounds to close them up. :laffo:

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
What a truly great show. Its brought so much joy over the years

I miss the mcpoyles.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
The knife gag was enhanced by the fact that the knives were Frank's toe knife and a knife coated in lemon juice. I think this season is really shaping up to be a classic, can't wait to binge this on Netflix when it's available.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
How bloody was this episode? I put it on wihle falling asleep and I heard all the blood jokes but didn't see them. It sounded pretty gross though.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

nimh posted:

What a truly great show. Its brought so much joy over the years

I miss the mcpoyles.

Yeah we have not had them at all this season so far

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Literally bucketfuls of blood.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

tarlibone posted:

(And how are they getting that blood out of Frank without leaving open wounds?)

duct tape

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Charlie watching CSPAN certainly put a new light on what he does in his free time.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Grem posted:

Charlie watching CSPAN certainly put a new light on what he does in his free time.

I think he put that on for Frank's sake to go along with all the meats he was cooking up for him because Frank is retired and therefore old, and old people love CSPAN

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Does anyone know what the music was from this episode? It's all stuff I know and have heard a zillion times but I can't think of the names of the pieces or where they're from and it's just driving me crazy.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

Does anyone know what the music was from this episode? It's all stuff I know and have heard a zillion times but I can't think of the names of the pieces or where they're from and it's just driving me crazy.

I don't know if it's accurate but I got this list from http://itsalwayssunny.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Music_in_It%27s_Always_Sunny_in_Philadelphia:

"Game Show" by Jim Blake ("Frank Retires")
"The Funeral March of a Marionette" by New London Orchestra & Ronald Corp ("Frank Retires")
"Grieg-Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 - Antira's Dance" by Mark Ermler & The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra ("Frank Retires")
"The Funeral March of a Marionette" by Steve Porter ("Frank Retires")
"Carnival of the Animals - Aquarium" by Camille Saint-Saens ("Frank Retires")

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

For some reason this show manages to make blood, even just the thought of blood, utterly hilarious. Though undoubtedly it has to do with the whole situation of people just draining and spilling blood everywhere.

Anybody remember which episode Frank mentions that he wants to acquire blood so he can add it to the blood he already has, which causes Dennis to remark that he would be bursting at the seems with blood.

Also

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Randarkman posted:

For some reason this show manages to make blood, even just the thought of blood, utterly hilarious. Though undoubtedly it has to do with the whole situation of people just draining and spilling blood everywhere.

Anybody remember which episode Frank mentions that he wants to acquire blood so he can add it to the blood he already has, which causes Dennis to remark that he would be bursting at the seems with blood.

Also

Bursting at the seams...

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Goddamnit

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Can I offer you a nice egg in these trying times?

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

I think it's a combination of all our butt smells.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Kind of reminiscent of "Who pooped the bed" that one, turns out it was all Frank.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

I've been poisoned by my constituents!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

timp posted:

old people love CSPAN

I love CSPAN..... :smith:

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
^^ Just amazing. He truly is a The Golden God.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if his face turning red that fast and veins showing was edited or real.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I wonder if his face turning red that fast and veins showing was edited or real.

Some people can force blood to rush to their face. He did it the episode Dee got a bit of her hair caught in a carnival ride too.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Also I don't think they'd have the budget to be able to edit that in.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
The Family Feud episode was really disappointing. This one more than made up for it. Other than that one episode, this season has absolutely been on fire so far.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Jesus this show is so divisive. I thought the season was a little weak until Family Fight. Not bad, just not up to par. Family Fight was amazing.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

he looks old when he gets angry.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I love his come down from that speech, as he looks around and sees there's no longer anyone around to give a poo poo.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Advice posted:

Jesus this show is so divisive. I thought the season was a little weak until Family Fight. Not bad, just not up to par. Family Fight was amazing.

I think some of the divisiveness comes from how short the eps are due to the move to FXX. A lot of the discussion seems to hinge on 'I guess, episode XXX was okay, but I think they really woulda knocked it outta the park if they had a few more minutes to do/expand/tie together YYY'

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

LadyPictureShow posted:

I think some of the divisiveness comes from how short the eps are due to the move to FXX. A lot of the discussion seems to hinge on 'I guess, episode XXX was okay, but I think they really woulda knocked it outta the park if they had a few more minutes to do/expand/tie together YYY'

I like the season, but yeah, literally every episode has had a "Is there a scene missing?" moment or five (except fo Charlie Work, I guess). In commentaries for the past seasons they frequently talk about how this part or another had lots of interesting versions, and how difficult it was to pick the final cut, I can only guess this season was even more cannibalistic.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Yeah this season is sort of middle of the pack for me in terms of quality. Not great, not horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
It's hard to keep the same magic going season after season. At this point even maintaining middle of the pack quality is good enough for me, though I've felt it to be a bit above average myself, aside from Family Fight which I didn't dig as much.

I will say that I expect great things from this season's finale, with hopefully a payoff to Dennis' insanity, and that the whole season gets a decent boost for Charlie Work alone.