Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hint for people who haven't done prison break yet: landing a plane on the highway is a bad idea. Not-Walter White got killed by traffic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Stupid Dick posted:

Thanks for playing Handsome Ralph, sorry the connection crapped out on the Prison Break finale. Maybe later this weekend, 'eh?

Yeah, definitely. We lucked out with that one random pubbie, that hard mode didn't feel hard at all :hfive:

Bondematt posted:

Did all of the second heist with WhoDares and two other goons.

Went well until the Prison Break itself when I couldn't hear anybody for some reason. Never could figure out why. We still beat if first try and I think with no deaths even.

And we're drat good at working as a team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaogU9x_E8M

Edit: Non heist vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKVZwflJIHQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVln2fluyg4 Skip the middle minute where I just clang around poles.

I was wondering why when I kept asking people what was going on I wasn't getting any responses. It worked out though cause landing that loving plane with all those cops was a breeze thanks to whoever was flying the Buzzard and the other two getting in the plane ASAP (even if I had to make a go around). :patriot:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Reverse Centaur posted:

Hint for people who haven't done prison break yet: landing a plane on the highway is a bad idea. Not-Walter White got killed by traffic.

I'M THE ONE WHO GETS KNOCKED OVER BY TRAFFIC, SKYLAR.

We were calling him Moby and decided the point of the heist was to break him out of prison to get him to his show at the Staples Center.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Don't mess with the notorious Ponytail Gang!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I seriously love all the heist outfits. I haven't really looked at them too closely in the stores - are a good percentage of them available for purchase?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Kelly posted:

I seriously love all the heist outfits. I haven't really looked at them too closely in the stores - are a good percentage of them available for purchase?

I think all of them are just go to the store owner

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

I think all of them are just go to the store owner

Awesome. I grabbed one of the casual outfits the first day out, so I know those were there. Some of the suits are pretty cool - love to grab one of them.

I'll be on mid-day for a bit today. Not long enough for a heist (we ran prison break fairly smoothly and it still took over two hours, and we only failed twice at the end) but if someone wants to work on daily objectives I am down to help after I am done shopping.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

Awesome. I grabbed one of the casual outfits the first day out, so I know those were there. Some of the suits are pretty cool - love to grab one of them.

I'll be on mid-day for a bit today. Not long enough for a heist (we ran prison break fairly smoothly and it still took over two hours, and we only failed twice at the end) but if someone wants to work on daily objectives I am down to help after I am done shopping.

Let me know what time. I usually jump on at lunch 12-1 to tweak races, etc. (I have a meeting at 1... this work from home stuff is killing my minutes)

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

Let me know what time. I usually jump on at lunch 12-1 to tweak races, etc. (I have a meeting at 1... this work from home stuff is killing my minutes)

I work longer during the week so I can have Friday's off which has greatly improved by GTA skills, having that extra weekend day. ;)

I'll be on probably 12:30-1 - if I get on early enough maybe we can knock off the easy objective they give, like tennis. Last night one of mine was to kill another player while I was off the radar.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

PRISON BREAK PROTIP:

Always approach a live Velum from the left.

Otherwise, you get this when you try to board:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

hiddenriverninja posted:

PRISON BREAK PROTIP:

That happened to one of my team members when we first had to steal the plane from the Vagos. As I was pulling out of the hanger, they tried to climb aboard only to get clipped and thrown into the prop. :stonklol:

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

PRISON BREAK PROTIP:

Similar thing happened to my crew last night. At the finale of the Valkyrie mission when the heli crew picks up the ground crew off the beach, the Valkyrie slightly tipped as it landed, shredding the ground crew to pieces.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I have to agree with those who said the Humane Labs is a lot of fun. Just don't parachute on the wrong side of the fence like I did.

The whole lab raid could easily be a single person job. Grandmascomputer was a couple of steps in front of me and pretty much cleared out everything himself. The only thing I did was the keycard stuff.

hiddenriverninja posted:

PRISON BREAK PROTIP:

That's some Lauren Scruggs poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Imagine that being the gently caress-up that blows your run for the 10 mil.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Anyone else get a 4.75g update today for GTA? Or is mine being stupid and redownloading the patch again?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

geeves posted:

I have to agree with those who said the Humane Labs is a lot of fun. Just don't parachute on the wrong side of the fence like I did.

The whole lab raid could easily be a single person job. Grandmascomputer was a couple of steps in front of me and pretty much cleared out everything himself. The only thing I did was the keycard stuff.
Well, I assume that if the chopper doesn't blow up all the reinforcements outside, that the reinforcements woud make their way inside and overwhelm the ground team. So maybe a 3-person job, or a 2-person if the chopper was a Buzzard instead of the Huey.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

geeves posted:

Anyone else get a 4.75g update today for GTA? Or is mine being stupid and redownloading the patch again?

Mine is telling me there is an update to download as well. Odd

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
There was indeed an update this morning. Rebel selling is gone - the sad trombone actually costs money now and even with it purchased the Rebel sells for 17k. Glad I got a million out of it at least.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I can understand a hot fix to fix those exploits, but why the hell would it need to be almost 5 gigs unless they are completely replacing the initial heist update?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Yeah, I'm sad but it kind of made me not care about heists because I could just make money this way. I had no self control, goons.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Also, if anyone is heisting let me know. PSN: literallygary

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Sweet, I'm still in the game, pre patch. Guess who's getting in their last mil on rebels. :getin:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I lost my night vision mask too. :argh: I wanted to do the hood up no-mask trick.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

geeves posted:

Me too, lol

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Jumping on for the first time since heists were released. Come hold my hand and be gentle. PSN4: Zip_UK

Zip! fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 13, 2015

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Is there a GTA Online Photography thread? I know I'm not the only person who wanders around in passive mode taking pictures when I'm taking a break from killing pubbies.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
People dropping their PSNs need to specify PS4 or PS3

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

santanotreal posted:

People dropping their PSNs need to specify PS4 or PS3

agreed, either PS4 or PSPoor.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I even announced "Train!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVrR_7zxp-I

Kelly posted:

I work longer during the week so I can have Friday's off which has greatly improved by GTA skills, having that extra weekend day. ;)

I'll be on probably 12:30-1 - if I get on early enough maybe we can knock off the easy objective they give, like tennis. Last night one of mine was to kill another player while I was off the radar.

Daily Objectives seem broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSZUQsaoXpk

Craptacular posted:

Well, I assume that if the chopper doesn't blow up all the reinforcements outside, that the reinforcements woud make their way inside and overwhelm the ground team. So maybe a 3-person job, or a 2-person if the chopper was a Buzzard instead of the Huey.

I thought that could be a possibility, but would they give chase once we're in the water? Probably and they probably swim really fast too. But you have to get in the building first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtImxGSAIug

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Hahaha, goddamn

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

geeves posted:

I thought that could be a possibility, but would they give chase once we're in the water? Probably and they probably swim really fast too. But you have to get in the building first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtImxGSAIug

If that happens, just have the Valkyrie pilot pick you up. I had to pick up our gunner (twice) from the parking lot because he inexplicably jumped out to join his buddies.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

rally posted:

There was indeed an update this morning. Rebel selling is gone - the sad trombone actually costs money now and even with it purchased the Rebel sells for 17k. Glad I got a million out of it at least.

Does purchasing stock rims still act like the chromes were purchased though? Or did they just fix the free horns?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

HiriseSoftware posted:

Does purchasing stock rims still act like the chromes were purchased though? Or did they just fix the free horns?

Probably fixed all of it. Reddit reports are saying gang cars are back to normal prices (~12k). Probably the same across the board.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

So I have a dumb question. If I buy a plane or a helicopter, where does it get stored?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Pegasus delivers it to the nearest spawn location.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

geeves posted:

Probably fixed all of it. Reddit reports are saying gang cars are back to normal prices (~12k). Probably the same across the board.

Yeah I tested it out just now and confirmed it's fixed :( Don't have experience with the gang cars since I have a PS3 but that's too bad.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Craptacular posted:

Pegasus delivers it to a spawn location, which is sometimes the nearest.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sometimes it just says no and refunds your money

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

HiriseSoftware posted:

Exploit that works post-patch: purchasing offroad stock Amazon rims will cause the SUV chrome Fagorme rims to be purchased as well, set to Fagorme for free after purchasing Amazon. ~$32k profit with Rusty Rebel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Sometimes it just says no and refunds your money

I hope it has been fixed, but outside of a mission it would despawn if I had a passenger or if another player was in the exact location of the spawn coords when I arrived. This mostly happened with tank spawns, especially at the beach and by the movie theatre.

• Locked thread