Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

MC Eating Disorder posted:

but after doing two read throughs of the thread today

i don't believe that this happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Sorry for not posting the case last night; I had poo poo to take care of. Fortunately, work is going to be slow and easy, so I can finally get around to posting that case.

If you've got a rolecop claim, drop it. Otherwise, I've said all that I'm going to say on my ability.

Going to elaborate, or are we going to continue to hide behind the infallibility of night actions?

How about I offer a different theory?

I'm bulletproof in such a way that scum could kill me, but they'd have to drop both a roleblock and a kill to do so. Otherwise, the only way to get around that is a lynch. The possibility exists that perhaps I was targeted with both kills on Night 1, and since Ninth can't end up extra dead, we only had the one death.

And here you are, being intentionally obtuse and trying to shift things back onto me when there is one piece of evidence that doesn't exactly tell the whole story. Watchers and trackers are great when you can narrow down the available night actions. Unfortunately, we can't exactly do that: Both of them are dead and we got exactly one result on one person in a night action heavy game.

So, while we're entertaining ridiculous possibilities, we can't exactly discount the one that says that you're trying to get rid of me via lynch because you can't do it via nightkill.

I've already read ahead, so we already know what the end result of this is, but I still didn't want to leave it be.

I elaborated several times and you didn't respond either time. I believed your claim to be BS and thought it was ridiculous for you and MC to have such similar roles in this game. This has now proven to be completely accurate, so this post is now another example of you spewing bullshit in the thread.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ernie. posted:

i don't believe that this happened

Is this a burn or is there a good reason you think I wouldn't reread the thread after MCS made another completely new and different roleclaim that completely changes the dynamic of the game

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Its ok if its a burn we could all use a good laugh but this thread isn't Melville, although I do occasionally feel like I'm drowning while reading it

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If this is me pulling a scum gambit, it's hilarious effective in my favor because I've successfully gotten two people whose powers are actually pretty weak, all things considered, to claim.

If this is me pulling an SK gambit, it's a pretty loving weak one since either of you two getting lynched would drat me.

If this is me pulling a very interesting town gambit because roleblockable bulletproof is a hilariously weak fake claim used to discourage nightkills against an actually valuable power role, I'm pretty ambivalent on the whole thing.

I feel like the first line in this is the first time MCS is telling the truth. Good job at getting power roles to reveal MCS.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Is this a burn or is there a good reason you think I wouldn't reread the thread after MCS made another completely new and different roleclaim that completely changes the dynamic of the game

i just don't believe that you're willing to buy that both rurea and i are scum, and mcs is a town vig. like it seems like an either or situation. also if there are rolecops then we've both claimed that we can't do the nightkill on d2 since i visit dead people and rurea can only copy abilities. how is that a sound strategy?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm not answering your question because it's complete bullshit.

You're claiming a role even more hilariously convoluted than mine, which conveniently gives you no results. I'm fairly certain you'll pick one of the dead from last night and say "Well golly gee geepers, the only person who visited him was Betrayer, no further results!".

So, let's do some analysis. Let's even assume for the sake of argument that I am the SK, and killing me stops any non-scum nightkills.

10 alive today. We can assume three scum in a game this size with an SK. We lynch me, 9.
One person dies tomorrow night, 8.
Tomorrow, you have no results other than "lol Betrayer did that kill too", someone else gets lynched. 7.
One person dies that night. 6.
At that point, it's LYLO if we assume three scum total. At this point, you can claim results on whoever. Town lynches incorrectly, you're down to 5.
Last scum nightkill puts it at 4, which scum win because they equal the number of townspeople left.

This is why I don't buy it. You're claiming a role which allows you to comfortably coast to the endgame by not having any actual results. Hell, having Rurea claim as well puts you both as magically town who caught the SK.

It's interesting that this countdown to town loss that MCS posted is actually even WORSE now with this most recent claim. Because if he is telling the truth, somehow, about being a part time vig, but he is lying about using it, then we would have THREE kills tonight potentially.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

And why not, I'm practically dead and will be lynched if two scum flip before I die.

Lied my rear end off about the roleblockable bulletproof. I'm an alternating vigilante/rolecop. The lie was because hey, scum won't target bulletproof, and if they roleblock/kill me, it spares other people.

Killed Ninth on Night 1, rolecopped Magnus on night 2 but was told that it failed. Either it's because I was roleblocked, or I targeted someone who died. Who cares.

However, if I'm lying, then there will only be ONE target on Magnus.

This claim is actually more believable than your first claim, for what that is worth. But since you are such a persuasive liar, this could easily just be another brick in the wall of lies you are building. There is no way to confirm it at all since you conveniently failed on Magnus on N2. And the absence of your roleblock showing up on the body to Ernie wouldn't actually prove you wrong.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

I can dig it.

##unvote

I don't even. This makes no sense to me.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

if mcs dies, i can check his body for a roleblock, let's kill mcs!!~

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

And as for why I lied?

I'm an arrogant bastard. I am better than you.

Look at Day 1. I was dead to rights and you bought it.

I fully believe that I am more capable, and thus, I deserve to live over anyone else.

There you go.

And this is why we still can't trust anything you say. Guys, seriously. Look at this. He will do WHATEVER he thinks is right because he thinks he is that much better than us. Even in the unlikely event that he is telling the truth about his role this time, do you REALLY think he'd hold back the kill tonight? gently caress no, he would take a shot at whoever he thinks is scum tonight so he could bask in the glory tomorrow.

But, I do NOT believe him. I think he is really clever scum and he has you all dancing on his strings.

Cuddle this mofo.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

MC ED is a claimed roleblocker. I don't know why he didn't die tbh

Because, as I said earlier, he is likely scum. But if he was somehow town, why would scum risk killing him when his power supposedly transfers the kill to his target. If he role blocks a scum when they are trying to kill him, they could take out their own scum buddy.

It is my turn to ask someone if they are reading the thread.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I don't think this can be guaranteed at all, and I think relying on it to prove your innocence is pretty stupid. Have you withheld any kills so far? As town why would you only do that now that we are actually getting somewhere? Who did you kill N2, Magnus or Asiina?

Still navigating the utter clusterfuck that your bullshit has caused and if you want to condense your entire strategy to date in one post that would be very helpful. I'm willing to buy Ernie and Rurea scum team with you as vig if you can actually come up with a good reason why you've lied your arse off throughout the entire game and killed TWO townies on little to two evidence, but after doing two read throughs of the thread today it still makes absolutely no sense to me, why you'd kill two people.

You aren't reading the thread either? This is nonsense.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Because, as I said earlier, he is likely scum. But if he was somehow town, why would scum risk killing him when his power supposedly transfers the kill to his target. If he role blocks a scum when they are trying to kill him, they could take out their own scum buddy.

It is my turn to ask someone if they are reading the thread.

My bad I forgot about that stupid second part of his power.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

if mcs dies, i can check his body for a roleblock, let's kill mcs!!~

This is a very sensible post.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea, why do you actually trust MCS right now?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

#vote mcs

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ernie. posted:

i just don't believe that you're willing to buy that both rurea and i are scum, and mcs is a town vig. like it seems like an either or situation. also if there are rolecops then we've both claimed that we can't do the nightkill on d2 since i visit dead people and rurea can only copy abilities. how is that a sound strategy?

The point of that post I made is that I think MCS is full of poo poo and there's no actual way to justify his actions as town. The only reason I mention Ernie and Rurea being a scum team is because that's the only possibility I can think of that might possibly make sense of MCS' claim since every single time he's backflipped its been because of the pressure of Ernie and Rureas investigative roles confirming each other and that would seem kind of scummy.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
##Vote MEDS CURE SCHIZOS Lets find out

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I fail at voting

##vote The Betrayer

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (6): King Burgundy, Ernie., Rurea, CapitalistPig, Rurea, Chic Trombone, MC Eating Disorder, Rurea
Ernie. (1): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Opopanax, AnonymousNarcotics, Opopanax, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
Opopanax (1): AnonymousNarcotics, MiltonSlavemasta, AnonymousNarcotics
AnonymousNarcotics (0): Rurea, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, CapitalistPig, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Rurea, CapitalistPig, Rurea, Rurea

Not Voting (2): MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Opopanax

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 13th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
"We'll put the lights out and bend to their knees
Ignite the flames and burn with rage
Shots fired and I've got a loving reason
To suffocate when the breath leads to treason
Cut the ties
Collect whats mine
Burn everything and feed the loving ground"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQI_S_tJGMU

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Self-Aligned Semi-Bulletproof Rolecopping Odd-Night Compulsive Serial Killer, has been played to death Day 3!

Ability: You are death incarnate, wishing for nothing but destruction upon everyone. On odd-numbered nights, you must select a player to attempt to kill, and you are bulletproof on these nights. To aid you in picking targets, on even-numbered nights, you gain the ability to rolecop players to discover their role, however you lose your bulletproof passive these nights.

Win Condition: You win once you are the only player left alive.

It is now Night 3. Actions please!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
:siren: Because Ernie is an honest gentleman and scholar (and also kind of a dingus), in the interest of fairness he has requested he be killed due to accidentally posting about this game in another game. :siren:

"Life is ruthless and shot full of pain,
It lifts you up, leaves you out in the rain, and it hurts just to know that you're not coming back again.
I will miss you my friend!
Memories like a slug to the brain, paint the walls that with a love that will stain the darkest of nights!
You left to join with the stars and I cannot shake this off my chest.

Suddenly I can feel the connection between dimension ties.
Open gut on the floor.
Trembling down to the core.
What is this?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz3E_JNW4oU

Ernie., Town-Aligned Forensic Amateur, has been modkilled Night 3!

Ability: You’ve suffered a horrible loss of a friend, and have suddenly gained insight into death. Each night, you may target the corpse of a dead player. You will receive a list of actions performed against the player throughout the course of the game, however you will not know who performed these actions.

Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Night 3 continues.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
"As the water beads upon the window
Turn the sad song up on the radio
Will the voices haunt when the flesh moves on
And the clouds block out the rays

When the feeling hangs upon a halo
I can only try my best just to let it go
The fault with me is a memory
And the things I have to say"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEygCZ4LrEA

Rurea, Town-aligned Copycat, has been ripped apart Night 3!

Ability: The voices in your head cause you to remember everything you see. You can use this knowledge to copy the abilities of fallen players. Each night, you can copy the ability of a player who has died, using their night action as you wish. Each dead person’s action can only be copied once. There are some abilities you cannot copy (including, but not limited to, killing roles), though some roles may be able to be partially copied. Ask me for clarification if needed.

Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town have been eliminated.

It is now Day 4!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): AnonymousNarcotics, CapitalistPig, Chic Trombone, King Burgundy, MC Eating Disorder, MiltonSlavemasta, Opopanax

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 16th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 22 hours.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh, Ernie. Poor, dumb Ernie.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hmmm my action failed last night. INTERESTING.

Guys we are getting down to the wire here, let's lynch some scum.

##vote chic

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

##vote chic

Why Chic? Personally I'm suspicious of everyone who advocated for Rurea/Ernie scumteam.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I still think it's kind of important to figure out how there were 2 kills on night 2 since MCS didn't kill anyone that night. Maybe there's another SK that kills on even nights?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote chic

Why Chic?

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when

I still think it's kind of important to figure out how there were 2 kills on night 2 since MCS didn't kill anyone that night. Maybe there's another SK that kills on even nights?

Could it be Opop?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'll be shocked if there isn't an Even Night SK. And that seems to be the most likely reason at this point.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when

King Burgundy posted:

I'll be shocked if there isn't an Even Night SK. And that seems to be the most likely reason at this point.

But can we afford to lynch an SK instead of Scum today?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hey you know who's scum? The dude with the role ninjuggernaut, King Burgundy. Let's lynch us a real scum ##vote King Burgundy

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Why chic? Lack of content and participation. and gut feeling. I'll try to reread the thread tmrw and see who else I can read.

Did someone roleblock me last night? If not, I may reveal who I targeted so we can figure out what happened.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Seriously there's noooo wayyyy ninjuggernaut isn't a scum role. Let's lynch KB, for glory

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

But can we afford to lynch an SK instead of Scum today?

Well. Assuming 2 scum?

Two scenarios:

Scenario one:
We vote out a scum. Two Kills tonight from remaining scum + Even SK. That puts us at 4 people left tomorrow, 2 town, 1 SK, 1 scum. I think we would have technically lost at this point? But not sure.

Scenario two:
We vote out the sk. One kill tonight from scum. That puts us at 5 people left tomorrow. 3 town, 2 scum. LYLO. We have to get it right but we still have a shot.

Honestly, we are in kind of dire straights at the moment. This is definitely MYLO.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Chic Trombone posted:

Seriously there's noooo wayyyy ninjuggernaut isn't a scum role. Let's lynch KB, for glory

What the hell is a ninjuggernaut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

What the hell is a ninjuggernaut

Ninja + Juggernaut, presumably

• Locked thread