Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Testekill posted:

Sister lived there for a year and couldn't stand it. It also must be the coldest place in the goddamn state.

It's at least turned the weather on for today, mid to high 20s and sunny, although possible thunderstorm later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Bulldogs are resting Wallis, Tom Boyd & Liam Picken today. Because now it's obvious that we're not taking this match seriously.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Testekill posted:

Bulldogs are resting Wallis, Tom Boyd & Liam Picken today. Because now it's obvious that we're not taking this match seriously.

We will still lose. Life finds a way.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

We're playing three ruckmen, why would we even consider this?

Guys, you'd tell me if we were actually still in 2014 right?

Testekill fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 14, 2015

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Testekill posted:

We're playing three ruckmen, why would we even consider this?

Guys, you'd tell me if we were actually still in 2014 right?

Extended squad size?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Hogan loving dived forward there.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
well this is some real paul roos style attacking

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

loving do something with the ball. It's like 85 disposals to 29

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

bontempelli looks a lot like griffen nows hes put some weight on

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The one time that the Bulldogs get a clean break the umpire is just like "welp too far"

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

pickering has no idea what hes on about most of the time. his opinions are about 3-4 years old on most players

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Just tuned in, this is Craig Hutchinson commentating no? He's awful. The gruff older bloke who hates him is the perfect pairing.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Anyone know what happened to vandenburg? Blood rule or concussion?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Hey there's a Bogonia festival on guys

Oh yeah that sounds great *Bulldogs wrestle free a clearance, big long bomb into the forward line*

Yeah they got 60,000 people in for it *Lumumba takes a mark*

Wow! 60,000! That's impressive

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
2 goals is a pretty piss poor return for how much we controlled that. Keeping bulldogs to a point with the wind would be impressive if they weren't resting 80% of their starters.

Hopefully they look at the last goal and work out that even if we don't mark it, kicking into the fifty fast gives the smalls we actually have now a chance at crumbing

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Even contest on the HFF

"HOLDING THE BALL, MELBOURNE FREE"

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

the commentary box is getting pretty toxic

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Sam Frost looks a good pickup imo

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

well at least we now know what it looks like playing the dogs without their 3 best mids tearing us a new one like the last few times.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I wish that someone would pass a message to the commenators that we are missing Wallis, Hunter, Macrae, Stevens, Roughead, Murphy, Boyd, Crameri, Hrovat, Dahlaus and have an average age of 21. Like I'm not trying to be a Richmond supporter here but they're pretty ignorant about how weak of a side we're playing.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I tuned out to watch Richmond eat Port. Has Hutchinson been murdered yet?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Testekill posted:

I wish that someone would pass a message to the commenators that we are missing Wallis, Hunter, Macrae, Stevens, Roughead, Murphy, Boyd, Crameri, Hrovat, Dahlaus and have an average age of 21. Like I'm not trying to be a Richmond supporter here but they're pretty ignorant about how weak of a side we're playing.

Not having commentary and having a basic understanding of the game and sides selected is magical a++ would recommend.

Also getting to know some of the new boys by their faces.

It's nice they have Gawn #11 to expunge the stink from it.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Testekill posted:

theyre pretty ignorant about a lot of things. its uncomfortable to listen to

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
I don't think I could have picked a worse game to introduce a friend to the sport with. :smith:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Hows Caleb Daniel doing? Is he wearing the helmet?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

pickering sucks bad

hutchinson sucks bad

pickering and hutchy hating each other in the box manages to suck worse

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Periphery posted:

Hows Caleb Daniel doing? Is he wearing the helmet?

because he only comes up to knee height for most of the other guys on the field

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

cant wait for the bulldogs to get within striking distance and for the dees to completely lose the plot

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

hiddenmovement posted:

I tuned out to watch Richmond eat Port. Has Hutchinson been murdered yet?
Having piked out of going to the game, I'm sort of glad it's not much of a contest. Kind of thought it'd be the other way around, though, even with it being preseason and all.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Gough Suppressant posted:

We will still lose. Life finds a way.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The Deadly Hume posted:

Having piked out of going to the game, I'm sort of glad it's not much of a contest. Kind of thought it'd be the other way around, though, even with it being preseason and all.

It's a near full strength Tigers versus Port under 18s. Kern has been alternating lying back on the boundary line working on his tan and wandering up to the coaches box to have a gab to the commentators. Apparently he gave his assitant the reigns and will probably crack a tinny in the next 5 minutes.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

How is Liam Pickering a player agent there are things in my dirty underwear hamper with more charm

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Scraped out a win with a gale force wind behind us in the last quarter against the footscray under 10s. Impressive Melbourne

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

hiddenmovement posted:

It's a near full strength Tigers versus Port under 18s. Kern has been alternating lying back on the boundary line working on his tan and wandering up to the coaches box to have a gab to the commentators. Apparently he gave his assitant the reigns and will probably crack a tinny in the next 5 minutes.
How's the crowd?

Oh, right as I was typing that I saw a shot of the hill, looks like close to the 10 thousand I was predicting.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Someone posted the stats from todays match in Ballarat and it's pretty nuts to look at. Despite having nearly 165 more possessions, Melbourne lost the clearances & inside 50 count and just barely won the contested possessions. Only place where Melbourne comprehensively beat us was in the ruck

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
My take on today's game now that I'm back from Ballarat

I may finally be on the verge of admitting that Chris Dawes is a poo poo footballer
I loving hate Mitch Clark, I hate his loving guts, I will hate him now and forever
Hogan looks good for someone who still hasn't played a league game.
Grimes and Mcdonald were both above 90% disposal efficiency, if they continue that they've taken care of their main weakness.
Lumumba + Salem is a pretty good combo coming off half back
Toumpas may come good yet
Sam Frost is a great pickup for us.
Jeff Garlett coming and Kennedy Harris potentially coming good at the same time is pretty exciting.
A forward line centred around Hogan, with Pederson at CHF, Kennedy-Harris, Garlett, Kent and Howe could actually be half decent.
Matt Jones, Jordie Mckenzie: please. stop.
We actually look dangerous when we put it inside 50 quickly.
gently caress Mitch Clark.

I think we should improve on last year mainly because the guys we are adding all look like they're going to do well: Lumumba, Garlett, Frost, Hogan, Vandenburg, Newton have all shown a fair bit in at least one of the 2 pre-season games, and Brayshaw apparently went pretty well for Casey. That should mean dudes like Matt Jones and Mckenzie are being edged out of the team which will help immensely. If only we had a dominant second forward to edge Dawes out of the team. If only. gently caress you Mitch

Bontampelli is still loving ridiculous.

Still don't know how we managed to almost turn a 60-8 lead into a loss with a strong wind in the last quarter against what could favourably be described as the Bulldogs 2nds.

edit: wait yes I do, it's because we're Melbourne

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
also the possession count just shows you how meaningless stats are without watching the game because it was manufactured mostly from paralysis going forward.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
This thread will be fun when Mitch Clark kicks 10 goals against the Dees in round 12.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

JohnSherman posted:

I don't think I could have picked a worse game to introduce a friend to the sport with. :smith:

As long as you tell them it's preseason-doesn't-count-melbourneareshit football and not The Real Thing you should be right. Honestly, I'm not looking at anything as too concerning until Richmond choke in the 4th quarter against Carlton in a few weeks time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Cool sale Hawthorn you plebs. At Hawthorn family day.

• Locked thread