Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

titties posted:

Try checking your control settings and online game options, something may have gotten changed somehow.

Tried that, nope. R1 still works for taking cover too. This is like game destroying and no one is reporting the same problem :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chopbustabrown
Sep 14, 2011

I AM THE HEAT MISER

gibbed posted:

We swapped the AU player to demolitions and were able to successfully complete the plane escape then.
Ahh thanks. Unfortunately there were 2 aus players in our crew. It's a pity!!

chopbustabrown
Sep 14, 2011

I AM THE HEAT MISER

gibbed posted:

We swapped the AU player to demolitions and were able to successfully complete the plane escape then.
Double post opps!!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Holy gently caress the insurgent is fun.

It also heralds the return of tank sniping-like shots to kill everyone inside where RPGs fail.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dIb1CgA5cgI

Sniping the gunner is the easy shot but satisfying

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AOC6_dZM3Mw

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Does anyone know if the character edit glitch is still workable and if I can change genders? (on PS4)

I feel like I've played as a dude for so long that it'd be cool to switch for awhile, but I don't know how easy it is to switch back or if it's even still possible.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

When I get the call for Heists 3 tonight, who wants in? I'll be on around 9PDT and i promise to stick to this list!

PS4

1. kinjirotadokoro

Alts:

Another successful heist for the pony tail gang! I didn't realize that my mic cut out for the last mission, but somehow we finished it. The actual heist was super easy compared to the setup missions, it's also bullshit we end up waiting longer than actually playing.

Anyway my car will be in the shop tomorrow so I'm down to run the last 2 heists if you dudes can go again during the day.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Quasipox posted:

Does anyone know if the character edit glitch is still workable and if I can change genders? (on PS4)

I feel like I've played as a dude for so long that it'd be cool to switch for awhile, but I don't know how easy it is to switch back or if it's even still possible.

Yes, I've been doing it and you can change gender.

-Create a new character and get it to level 6. Once you hit level 6, exit back to single player. You can keep using this level 6 character over-and-over to change the appearance of your main.

-Sign back in to GTAO, wait until you hit the "Do you want to change your appearance" screen, DO NOT PRESS X

-Bring up the console menu and sign out of PSN (Settings > PSN > Sign out)

-Go back to GTA and load back in to single player

-Sign back in to PSN

-Return to GTA, select Online > Choose character and choose your main character

It should give you the same "change appearance" screen.

titties fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 14, 2015

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Lyer posted:

Another successful heist for the pony tail gang! I didn't realize that my mic cut out for the last mission, but somehow we finished it. The actual heist was super easy compared to the setup missions, it's also bullshit we end up waiting longer than actually playing.

Anyway my car will be in the shop tomorrow so I'm down to run the last 2 heists if you dudes can go again during the day.

Yeah, sorry about the NAT error thing I got on the last setup mission. I didn't realize it was happening and I just thought everyone was being really quiet, so I'm sorry if I just talked over all of you. Worked out either way!

I'll be on to do the others tomorrow.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Slim Killington posted:

Yeah, sorry about the NAT error thing I got on the last setup mission. I didn't realize it was happening and I just thought everyone was being really quiet, so I'm sorry if I just talked over all of you. Worked out either way!

I'll be on to do the others tomorrow.

Happened to all of us I think, kept on popping up for pretty much everyone in the party during the stealth mission.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Lyer I am gonna add you on PSN because you are the guy with the cute Sunny avatar

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Since images leaked of the new vehicles coming, I knew the Insurgent was for me. But I must admit, I was worried it might let me down.

It has not let me down.

It is--without a doubt--the most amazing thing in this game. It's broken as gently caress. I'm talking early days of PS3 and the tank wars broke. But holy gently caress is it broken in the right ways. Five of us essentially emptied a server out. In less than 45 minutes.

http://youtu.be/A2W8ahDLk2I

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I even had a mode where the only thing you could do is shoot from a vehicle and it won't let me shoot from a vehicle. Unbelievable. Is there some sort of hard reset for this that won't erase any single player or online progress?

On the bright side, had a perfect prison break run without any talking or organization. Or shooting from cars, obviously.

Edit: fixed it after finally finding someone else with the same problem. You have to go into a race with weapons enabled. Weird.

edit 2: how did I just discover outfits? These are amazing

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 14, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

About to run the first heist if anyone wants to tag along, just had a pubbie come all the way to the bank on the scope out mission and then randomly quit the job :suicide:

PSN is Tarwedge

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
There are so many times a Kuruma can trivialize a mission. Stealing the Valkyrie from the dock? Drive it all the way in and shoot everyone safely from inside. Stealing the LAPVs from the quarry? Drive it INTO the quarry and shoot everyone from inside! Don't bother parking from a high vantage point! Just drive that thing straight into the quarry! Gotta steal Lectros from some Lost? You guessed it!

All this simplicity can be yours, if on your heists you just do this ONE simple thing:

EVERYBODY GET IN THE SAME CAR FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

So nice to have drive-by abilities again. Life isn't complete until you do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V87Sh56gxTU

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

titties posted:

-Create a new character and get it to level 6. Once you hit level 6, exit back to single player. You can keep using this level 6 character over-and-over to change the appearance of your main.

-Sign back in to GTAO, wait until you hit the "Do you want to change your appearance" screen, DO NOT PRESS X

-Bring up the console menu and sign out of PSN (Settings > PSN > Sign out)

-Go back to GTA and load back in to single player

-Sign back in to PSN

-Return to GTA, select Online > Choose character and choose your main character

It should give you the same "change appearance" screen.

The best thing about this compared to last gen is if you keep your level 6 character you will get the prompt to change appearance every time you try to logon with it. Basically you can keep your regular character and an appearance glitch character without having to delete and make a new one every time you want to change.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Made a race of the path you take in the final heist, eight players http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/PT_R3nkbK0OtisHkjw7y-Q

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Slim Killington posted:

There are so many times a Kuruma can trivialize a mission. Stealing the Valkyrie from the dock? Drive it all the way in and shoot everyone safely from inside. Stealing the LAPVs from the quarry? Drive it INTO the quarry and shoot everyone from inside! Don't bother parking from a high vantage point! Just drive that thing straight into the quarry! Gotta steal Lectros from some Lost? You guessed it!

All this simplicity can be yours, if on your heists you just do this ONE simple thing:

Lester must have been medicated beyond all reason to claim that motorcycles with no cover from gunfire that cause you to wipe out and lose money every time you encounter a gentle breeze were the best tools for the bank job, especially after ranting earlier about the armored car's proficiency at escaping from police. Feels to me like the Lectro escape and Kuruma escape should swap missions, and the magnet chopper be given to a player rather than a cutscene mook.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

ijyt posted:

Are Heists good? Need to know whether there's something to look forward to other than the tsunami of exploits that'll come with the PC version.

My experience with Heists:

Do the first one that is free and requires two players - not too bad.

Pay $40,000 to start the second one, wait for ages to 3 people to sign up. Go through cut-scene which can't be skipped and then immediately dumped back to world with 'not enough players'

Pay $40,000 to start the second one again. Wait for ages to get 3 people to sign up. Go through cut scene which can't be skipped and actually start the first setup mission. A few minutes later while driving to the prison bus get rewarded with 'Mission failed' because someone bailed out.

Say gently caress it and do some races.

They may well be good if you can play with people you know otherwise, gently caress that. I'm not going to keep paying to watch a loving cut-scene.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

mr_jolly posted:

My experience with Heists:

Do the first one that is free and requires two players - not too bad.

Pay $40,000 to start the second one, wait for ages to 3 people to sign up. Go through cut-scene which can't be skipped and then immediately dumped back to world with 'not enough players'

Pay $40,000 to start the second one again. Wait for ages to get 3 people to sign up. Go through cut scene which can't be skipped and actually start the first setup mission. A few minutes later while driving to the prison bus get rewarded with 'Mission failed' because someone bailed out.

Say gently caress it and do some races.

They may well be good if you can play with people you know otherwise, gently caress that. I'm not going to keep paying to watch a loving cut-scene.

I'm pretty sure you don't pay until the heist is completed. I kept checking my bank account when we had to re-start the same heist a few times and I didn't see multiple charges.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Did anyone else notice their stats get hosed up with the update? I'm level 87 and my strength and stealth are both at just below 20%, and my lung capacity is like 5%. Flying might be lower but its like half so it could be correct. Stamina/shooting/driving all max still.

Also thanks for posting that how-to to change apparenance titties. I chose a to play a girl with the worst possible face damage and ended up wearing masks(or paper bags now) everywhere cause she was so ugly.

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

Armored Karuma also perfect for Rooftop Rumble/Crime Scenester. Just drive right in.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

It is--without a doubt--the most amazing thing in this game. It's broken as gently caress. I'm talking early days of PS3 and the tank wars broke. But holy gently caress is it broken in the right ways. Five of us essentially emptied a server out. In less than 45 minutes.

http://youtu.be/A2W8ahDLk2I

It is broken as gently caress and I'm not sure why you're proud of emptying a server out. It makes it boring as gently caress and needs to be susceptible to RPGs, grenades, or mines.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Doomsday Jesus posted:

It is broken as gently caress and I'm not sure why you're proud of emptying a server out. It makes it boring as gently caress and needs to be susceptible to RPGs, grenades, or mines.

An RPG or two takes it out. I did one of the setups with frenton and a couple other guys, and we blew an Insurgent up with what I believe was only a single RPG.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
My stealth and driving swapped- which is awesome, who the hell wants to raise stealth manually. If I drive real fast and almost hit other cars my driving will max out again in no time.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Kelly posted:

An RPG or two takes it out. I did one of the setups with frenton and a couple other guys, and we blew an Insurgent up with what I believe was only a single RPG.
Are homing missiles not supposed take it out? I've hit them point blank before with no luck.

As soon as I see one on the map I know it is time to quit, do jobs, or quit.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Doomsday Jesus posted:

Are homing missiles not supposed take it out? I've hit them point blank before with no luck.

As soon as I see one on the map I know it is time to quit, do jobs, or quit.

They scaled back the effectiveness of the homing missiles with this new update for whatever reason, so it's possible that you're not supposed to be able to. If you can get far enough away, you can take the Gunnar out with the marksmen rifle. Sniping works too.

Can you imagine if Merryweather came after you in several of these when someone called mercenaries on you? That would make it a bit more worthwhile.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Anyone up for heists? None of my friends are up yet and I've literally had the last five random games fail because of someone doing dumb poo poo.

Xbone: Swish Jones

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Doomsday Jesus posted:

Not.. sure why I'm proud of that?

Sir.. you go to the other side of the room now. Over there with those un-fun folks. In the mean time, we will keep murdering pubbies in our murder wagon as God intended we do.

Have fun.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

titties posted:

Thanks for the help.

I read some stuff online about some glitch where your original character can get the new character's stats. Is that still a problem?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Kelly posted:

The civilian one takes 4 RPGs to kill, it seems odd the armed one would take less.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Sir.. you go to the other side of the room now. Over there with those un-fun folks. In the mean time, we will keep murdering pubbies in our murder wagon as God intended we do.

Have fun.

Emptying out the server by hunting down pubbies and making them quit by murdering them over and over is the only fun thing to do in free roam. Keep up the good work soldier.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dumbass question: im gonna go take gta v from a friend. Gta online comes with the game or is it a separate buy?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

BitBasher posted:

The civilian one takes 4 RPGs to kill, it seems odd the armed one would take less.

This was during one of the heist setups - the convoy mission where you have to steal the truck from Merryweather. Someone hit it with an RPG and it blew up - this was notable because normally you would take it to complete the mission and we couldn't. Maybe it was a glitch or something?

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Slim Killington posted:

This. Not that anyone ever gets in my car but this thing is amazing. I keep using it as portable cover and it works so well. Now if only the idiot pubbies would either get in or stay behind me I'd be able to complete some of these heists.

At least I was finally able to unlock the jet, but I'm still missing a few of the new vehicles.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Have fun.

Because being in an empty server is fun.

It is the situation when tanks started coming around. One person fucks it up for the rest.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Kelly posted:

This was during one of the heist setups - the convoy mission where you have to steal the truck from Merryweather. Someone hit it with an RPG and it blew up - this was notable because normally you would take it to complete the mission and we couldn't. Maybe it was a glitch or something?

Your example was one of a kind. It was taking 4-5 direct RPG hits for us to die in the Insurgent. It was... amazing.

^^^^Oh, no! We're ruining it for everyone!

I don't know what I'm gonna do; put in a ticket with Rockstar so they'll remove it from my Pegasus list? Use restraint and never call it? Oh, j know--I'll keep using it just like it was intended until Rockstar nerfs it like they do everything. But, I certainly appreciate your fun-police patrol. You're making a difference on these streets. For sure.

Quicksand_Jesus fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 14, 2015

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

How dare someone have a different opinion of fun than you!

It is more fun to clear out a server than to have a battle that rages on for an hour or more.

To each their own.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Your example was one of a kind. It was taking 4-5 direct RPG hits for us to die in the Insurgent. It was... amazing.

^^^^Oh, no! We're ruining it for everyone!

I don't know what I'm gonna do; put in a ticket with Rockstar so they'll remove it from my Pegasus list? Use restraint and never call it? Oh, j know--I'll keep using it just like it was intended until Rockstar nerfs it like they do everything. But, I certainly appreciate your fun-police patrol. You're making a difference on these streets. For sure.

Maybe cooperfronts will stick his head in and weigh in...otherwise it must have been a glitch of some kind. And see? I thought it was one shot with an RPG and I STILL bought the drat thing - I am elated.

Doomsday Jesus posted:

It is more fun to clear out a server than to have a battle that rages on for an hour or more.

To each their own.

The good news is the server isn't ever empty very long. If you chase people off, an entire lobby coming from an eight person race gets dumped in, rinse and repeat.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Doomsday Jesus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDWTOV9B3_E

But there are people like this that really need to be put down like a cat with cancer.

Anyway, there are ways to take the Insurgent out that aren't RPGs. See my previous post. You can snipe the gently caress out of them like you could the tanks of olde. You can be killed by cops or shot out of it by other players. The gunner is extremely exposed but as long as you're constantly on the move, with plenty of snacks and armor you can have a nice 20 minute run. What was effective for us last night was that as the gunner, I focused on keeping the cops at bay while everyone else would focus on the pubbies.

Doomsday Jesus posted:

Because being in an empty server is fun.

It is the situation when tanks started coming around. One person fucks it up for the rest.

Find a new server, get the band together and repeat.

Being kicked from a server by other players is a badge of honor :colbert:

Tanks were an issue because there were no consequences. They didn't receive bad sport or acquire insurance fees on top of that they were run by video game billionaires. You could still be killed in passive mode as well. You rarely see a tank now and now there are real counter measures.

Doomsday Jesus posted:

To each their own.

What Lasagna's video doesn't show much of is that we got ours several times as well over the course of an hour and various people in the insurgent were getting killed. So the battle did rage for at least 45 minutes before I left and everyone continued with the Lord's apocalyptic vision.

geeves fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 14, 2015

• Locked thread