Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
And by Cube, I meant DICE. Dumb brain fart on my part. The scanlations go further than the official release, but I recommend just going to Webtoons just so you get some rad background music from time to time. I won't completely recommend it just yet, but it's interesting from what I've read and the music really did enhance certain moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Reiche posted:

In the meantime, here's a new one I find really intriguing, http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/m%c3%a4rchen-the-embodiment-of-tales-r13425

"The ability to become stronger just be reading...
The strange tale(s) of Marchen and his ability". I highly recommend it so far!

Ugh I hate posting on the bottom of a page, but this thread is almost done with so, another post!

Also, yes, I love DICE! That's really interesting to know about the music! I may give it another read to do so!

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Breaker NW 194:

So this chapter is beginning to imply that the NAD has been pushing Shi-Woon away specifically so that the Black Forest Defence Group wouldn't give him any attention. If it is the case however, He failed and keeping the plan to himself seems like the worst idea in the world. Why wouldnt he find some way to explain what was going on to Shi-Woon to keep him from doing stupid/awesome stuff like using Black Origin Threshold in public? Either way this entire fight is awesome and if I have said it once I have said it a thousand times but what I wouldnt do to see this animated. How can crap like Freezing get adapted but this is ignored?

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I guess, again, because while Freezing is apparently written and drawn by Korean men, it's actually a Japanese manga. The Breaker isn't. Of course, that doesn't keep Freezing from still being horrible.

Too bad there aren't the same dynamics in the manhwa industry as in the manga industry. I think The Breaker would make a decent live-action show too. There really isn't anything overtly supernatural in it, and any special effects we see would be pretty easy to do. Jet Li could play the Nine Arts Dragon.

At least this story is satisfying. So often I get the idea that the main character is going to have some really awesome thing that's been hidden all along and I'm terribly disappointed. Not this time.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its strange that New Waves is more than twice as long as The Breaker. Was the Breaker released in a monthly magazine before New Waves went weekly online or have they realised they can drag poo poo out forever for more money?

Dead Sorcerer's City should be in any new Manwha thread OP imo

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
A recent manhwa that I really like so far is Lucid Dream. It's somewhat similar to Inception in that what happens in the dream world can affect the real world, but the protagonist is the exact opposite of Leonardo DiCaprio.

On second thought, they're not similar at all. :v: The artist sometimes plays around with the panel layout and backgrounds, and the resulting dreamscape looks pretty cool. I get a little bit of Annarasumanara vibes from it honestly.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
This payoff in New Waves has been so incredibly worth it, these last chapters have been what I'm looking forward too the most along with One Piece and Toriko.

I should have the new OP over the weekend sometime too.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Jose posted:

Dead Sorcerer's City should be in any new Manwha thread OP imo
:agreed:

I'd like to throw in Gepetto

I'd be willing to write summaries for any new OP for Black Haze, Gepetto, Dead Sorcer's City, and Full Metal Wing if you want some help.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Whats going on with Magician these days is it off hiatus yet?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Jose posted:

Whats going on with Magician these days is it off hiatus yet?

Yep, it's been going strong (in Korean) since November: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=24965&weekday=thu

I don't think anyone is scanning it anymore since Naver started running their own English translations. Unfortunately, while most of their comics are up-to-date, the Magician ones are only up to chapter 50. http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/magician/list?title_no=70

e: I'm bummed because the chapter ratings for part 3 are the highest they've ever consistently been..

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 14, 2015

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

So, I don't know how many people are still reading Kubera, but

things

are happening

there are things are happening!

Specifically, Asha's got herself arrested, Sagara thinks she can take Agni (...I'll believe it when I see it), and Leez... Leez has gotten herself a pretty dress.

Personally, I'm hoping Asha goes down for this and stays down, because it's getting kind of hard not to [spoiler]see her as the enemy here. Her relationship with Leez was loving horrific even before we brought the "wants to murder her" thing into it.[spoiler]

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Autonomous Monster posted:

So, I don't know how many people are still reading Kubera, but

things

are happening

there are things are happening!

Specifically, Asha's got herself arrested, Sagara thinks she can take Agni (...I'll believe it when I see it), and Leez... Leez has gotten herself a pretty dress.

Personally, I'm hoping Asha goes down for this and stays down, because it's getting kind of hard not to [spoiler]see her as the enemy here. Her relationship with Leez was loving horrific even before we brought the "wants to murder her" thing into it.[spoiler]

Kubera is back?! I stopped following once it went Naver only because they started from the beginning or something.
AHHHH. :aaa:

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

ChiTownEddie posted:

Kubera is back?! I stopped following once it went Naver only because they started from the beginning or something.

Get this: http://www.oddsquad.org/p/naver-addon.html
Read here: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=131385&weekday=tue

The few online readers that bother taking screenshots of the overlays do an abysmal job at it and the chapters will be posted out of order or with missing pages.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

ChiTownEddie posted:

Iirc it never left. Just follow that goon's advice and there is a solid backlog for you to get through.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Naver webtoon is the most addicting goddamn thing.

I have read through New Normal Class 8, all of Noblesse to the current page, all of Gamer (Even though I read it religiously on Mangacow I read it on WebToons because I heard it gives the artists more money or something), and started Dice but kind of didn't like it much.

Girls of the wilds is my guilty pleasure.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I like it just because Korean webcomics read well off a phone so it's convenient to read on the go. Finally got around to God of High School, and it's pretty rad. Guess I'll switch to another romance or drama now that I'm caught up though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

I like it just because Korean webcomics read well off a phone so it's convenient to read on the go. Finally got around to God of High School, and it's pretty rad. Guess I'll switch to another romance or drama now that I'm caught up though.

Yeah, that's pretty much the main reason most webcomics are the way they are nowdays. On the downside, this can make putting them on paperback form fairly annoying, cause of the difference in format.

Misaeng (the one about white collar workers that got a really popular drama) is a bit unique in that it was created with the purpose of getting a physical book out in the future.

Interview posted:

As the publishing company set plans to publish the webtoon as a book from the beginning, the process of adapting the webtoon <Incomplete Life> into paper book format was incredibly easy. According to Kim Eun-ju,“most webtoons are made in a long, scrolling vertical format so that they can be easily read through monitors and mobile devices. However, this causes problems when changing into book versions, as separating them into pages could end up cutting the flow. Accordingly, some authors edit themselves their webtoons to make them compatible with books. <Incomplete Life> is special since author Yun Tae-ho created it to make sure it would work with book editing from the beginning, and then changed it to webtoon formats. By undergoing a reverse process, <Incomplete Life> is much easier and comfortable to read as a book in comparison to other webtoons.”

Source: http://www.publishingjournal.co.kr/download/k-book%20Review%20vol.14.pdf

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Seriously though, Ruler of the Land is pretty rad. I'd link more iconic moments, but there's almost 400 chapters so finding certain cool fights with decent spreads is hard.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Looks like a new Magician is up. Flashback on the origin of the twin magicians....

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Seriously though, Ruler of the Land is pretty rad. I'd link more iconic moments, but there's almost 400 chapters so finding certain cool fights with decent spreads is hard.

I'm partial to this one, but I'm afraid that the scans aren't really that great early on.

There's also apparently a bunch of information released in fan cafes about character strengths, mainly about the tiers of the Cheon Ma Sin Gun's disciples.

The first disciple Baek Gang, who has yet to appear in the English scans, is on the same level as Cheon Ma Sin Gun himself.

Dok Go-gyeol and Hwang Bo-ung, the leaders of the 1st and 2nd Black Winds, are also on a similar level to Cheon Ma Sin Gun. This is to be expected, since they were known to be powerful even when Cheon Ma Sin Gun was just starting his conquest.

Do Weol-cheon and Jin Pung-baek, the 2nd and 3rd disciples, are around the same level. Do Weol-cheon is a bit stronger, but not massively so. It's said that Do Weol-cheon is comparable to a top tier member of Sinji, and that the only people in Murim who could beat Jin Pung-baek (disregarding Sinji and the Outer Forces) are Cheon Ma Sin Gun, Dok Go-gyeol, Hwang Bo-ung, Baek Gang, and the 5 Masters (I dunno what the scans call them).

Ji-hyeon, the leader of the 4th Black Winds is also on a similar level to Do Weol-cheon and Jin Pung-paek. Unlike the other Black Winds leaders, he doesn't serve a disciple, and works directly under Cheon Ma Sin Gun. This is why the 4th, 5th, and 6th disciples are served by the 5th, 6th, and 7th Black Winds respectively. This is cause the original 4th Black Winds (which Hong Gyun, the leader of the 7th Black Winds) were wiped out during the battle against Song Mu Mun. Cheon Ma Sin Gun was outraged by this loss and filled the new 4th Black Winds with a bunch of powerful dudes.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

i heard a bunch of people talk up dice so i went to get some information about it on wikipedia and

well

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i'd read that manwha

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Anyone here like to read Flow?

i checked the first ~5 pages or so and didn't see any mention of it. It's rather fun although the art doesn't seem quite as good as many other webtoons.

The premise seems interesting - knowing which god you're born to, being ranked by power based on your god, being granted divine power from a wish, and all that being commonplace everyday stuff.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

khy posted:

Anyone here like to read Flow?

i checked the first ~5 pages or so and didn't see any mention of it. It's rather fun although the art doesn't seem quite as good as many other webtoons.

The premise seems interesting - knowing which god you're born to, being ranked by power based on your god, being granted divine power from a wish, and all that being commonplace everyday stuff.

It's all right. I feel like the story could be paced better since it jumps from plot point to plot point very quickly at times without giving it time for world--building/character development.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
I burned through Girls of the Wild a couple of days ago, which I found by accident didn't even realize what it was for like 6 chapters and noticed the korean names and went hey what? I didn't know about the long strip format or left to right and was pretty confused for a bit. Afterwards loved it.

Since burned through Special martial arts high school, and all of Breaker New Wave, which I also didn't know was a second parter, but still thought it was cool once I got over it being modern day Dragon Ball.

I enjoyed Girls of the Wild, everything was so well done, and the characters were taken to such a point they were pretty much parodies. The Tsundere girl was hilarious. Anything else like it, manwha or manga otherwise?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Have you read God of High School yet? It is....ridiculous.

Also is Breaker NW done? Are we moving on to Breaker Part 3? (Latest chapter says epilogue is coming next!)

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
Yes NW is nearly done, only 1 epilogue chapter is left. About part 3 I've got some very bad news:

http://www.ipitydafoo.com/part-2/ posted:

From the creators of The Breaker’s Naver page.

Title: Breaker chapter 199 cover.

Haha… this is the first post since 2015 began… somehow we’ve just been that busy…

Many of you could already tell, but,…. Breaker 2 is coming to an end.
Breaker part 2 will end with chapter 200. Also, there will be a final epilogue of 1 part.
Just part 1 [of Breaker] took 3 years… and part 2 took 5 years… I feel both relieved and disappointed.

Together with Archlord, we’ve been working non-stop without a break for 10 years.

Then… there are many readers who are wondering when Breaker, part 3, will enter serialization, but… we are expecting to not begin serialization for a little while. We will rest for a couple of months and then expect to start on a new work together with serializations that have piled up. The plan is to produce a work that, perhaps, forgoes the traditional page-view style and introduces the webtoon style with colour.
Our apologies to those waiting for part 3, but… 8 years… was quite a long time… we really want to produce something new and maybe we’ll produce a new novella with the author Jeon Keuk-jin.

Also, after taking care of this week’s chapter 199’s deadline, and depending on the number of pages, we will rest next week for one week and chapter 200 is expected to go up on May 1st.
A few months break then something completely different and once thats done maybe breaker part 3. Which sucks because all part 2 did was setup for part 3 and now we're stuck with this ending for whats going to be a few years. I just hope we don't end up getting another veritas and they'll actually do part 3 eventually.

Sorced fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 2, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Given that Jeon Geuk-jin is the author of one of the longest-running manhwa in Korea (Ruler of the Land, which is at 66 volumes and 700+ chapters) I don't think there's too much to worry about.

He's not Im Dahl-same-story-that-never-concludes-yeong so I'm baffled as hell about all the worrying I've been seeing since two weeks back.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

ChiTownEddie posted:

Have you read God of High School yet? It is....ridiculous.

Also is Breaker NW done? Are we moving on to Breaker Part 3? (Latest chapter says epilogue is coming next!)

I haven't read God of High School yet. I found Noblesse and have been binging through that over like two days. What a ridiculous manwha. I'll have to check out GHS, I love ridiculous poo poo.

Also I like that the Breaker crew isn't continuing. It's good to realize you're burning out on your current stuff and maybe it's time to move on, rather than staying on burning out completely and putting out burnt goods. Makes me think of Bendis' Avenger runs.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
If they feel they need to put the Breaker on the backburner, then they should go for it. Forcing themselves to create more chapters is just going to water the work down and I'm curious what else they have in mind.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Haha, man God of High School is crazy. It starts out a normal gonna beat up people in a tournament deal, and at the point I'm at now it's basically wizards battling with their kung fu digimon.

I love it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It continues to get more ridiculous don't worry

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

:siren: Noblesse is back! http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/noblesse/ep-352/viewer?title_no=87&episode_no=353 :siren:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Oh awesome, I just finished up with this like two days ago, and while I was sad to see it end didn't really think it was worth the dude killing himself. Glad to see he's got it together.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Leper Residue posted:

Oh awesome, I just finished up with this like two days ago, and while I was sad to see it end didn't really think it was worth the dude killing himself. Glad to see he's got it together.

He's Korean - he probably hasn't and is gonna work himself sick again.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Epilogue to Breaker: New Waves is up, here.

I hope this doesn't just end like Veritas did and they actually return to it and finish the story. The true gaju of the Sunwoo clan has clearly gone down a dark path being held by the Black Forest Defense group but still clearly cares about Shioon, the kid from Chundo-moon is going to find out about Black Forest Defense at some point, and obviously with Shiho waking up it will have a major impact on the Nine Arts Dragon.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Black Haze is back for anyone else reading that.

I've been enjoying Soul Land as well.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 356 is out and post break continues to start strong. I'm glad they didn't have Rai and Muzaka fight, I hope they avoid that for quite some time. Funny how Muzaka stopped Rai only to kill the werewolves himself, though I'm guessing he'll let the other one go so he can report to Maduk. The final few pages were awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Every recent chapter of Noblesse is just amazing. :allears: