Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
Not a youtube but

http://puu.sh/gxkzv/ab1a07b137.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ahahaha.

adtrw-reacts-to-fanservice.gif indeed

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

AnacondaHL posted:

Also, (19) vs (22):

So is Third Aerial Girls drawn photorealistically in Shirobako-verse?!?

EDIT:

AnacondaHL posted:

adtrw-reacts-to-fanservice.gif

"Ema, please add in an action where Aria hears a sound."

Fangz fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 13, 2015

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
They had a really nice, concise explanation of key frames and tweening for both 2D and 3D animation in this episode. Edutainment at its best.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

sincx posted:

Why are they making Zuka suffer this much? Mizushima isn't usually the type to troll viewers like this.

I'd guess it's because breaking into voice acting is really really hard, and they don't want her success to be insultingly easy.

That or they're actually going to have her be the friend that fails and

K. Flaps posted:

If Shirobako ends with a lesson how dreams don't necessarily come true in life my shriveled black heart will grow three sizes.

Fangz posted:

Man, Tarou actually got through to Hiroaka, it seems like.

I think it's sweet that Tarou is just so damned determined to be friends with Hiraoka.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

paragon1 posted:

I think it's sweet that Tarou is just so damned determined to be friends with Hiraoka.

Well, Hiraoka is about the only one in the office who won't shout at him for not doing his job.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Though Tarou does not appear to have screwed up once with Aerial Girls. He has actually been doing pretty well at his job.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

i hope tarou and hiraoka go far

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Voice actor girl will begin her decline into alcoholism next episode.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am very sad for Zuka-chan-senpai. I want to not be.

In principle, I totally support the "dreams don't always work out" message, but the execution is hard to watch.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

i hope tarou and hiraoka go far

I hope they kiss.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

PaganGoatPants posted:

Voice actor girl will begin her decline into alcoholism next episode.

She is drinking beer while saying how she wants to switch with the younger girl on tv. So she has a head start.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Only two episodes left!!!! Whatttt

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Here's hoping for another 24 episodes like was originally planned.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

What a world :allears:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

.Clash posted:

What a world :allears:

Isn't that what racists call the president?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

In principle, I totally support the "dreams don't always work out" message, but the execution is hard to watch.

The show shouldn't be this mean about it though. Entertainment, on some level, has to be about escape from the harshness of reality (unless you're watching something that's supposed to be sad/depressing, which isn't Shirobako).

It just doesn't fit well with the rest of the show.

experienceBeej
Mar 24, 2014
I feel like Zuka is going to end up running into a veteran in the industry, have a brief conversation about being a non-working VA and also knowing people in the industry, and the person she's talking to is going to look at her like her head's on backwards.

That conversation then turns into why she needs to exercise whatever network she's got, just to get more opportunities. If she has the skills, she'll make it past the audition. If she doesn't, she won't get any more jobs.

We probably won't see her try out for anything, but it may end on a happy note of her asking her friends to help her get started.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Guessing since the storyboards got rejected but all the voice actors already got told their jobs are done, they will have to redo some scenes but someone already started on another job, so they will get Zuka as a replacement..

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Demicol posted:

Guessing since the storyboards got rejected but all the voice actors already got told their jobs are done, they will have to redo some scenes but someone already started on another job, so they will get Zuka as a replacement..

Replacing the voice actors for the final episode would cause a fan revolt. Frankly that seems like even more of a deathknell than Jiggly Heaven. The only time I've seen actors replaced mid-series is when they die.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Davincie posted:

funny story, the last episode is supposed to have a new aerial girl as foreshadowing for season 2

Gonna say this is the most likely way of Zuka getting in at the last second if the author is upset that they tried to go for an anime-original ending.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
I'm still surprised she's not voicing the baby boar, given her mascot character credentials. It had all the signs that that would be her lucky break!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Though Tarou does not appear to have screwed up once with Aerial Girls. He has actually been doing pretty well at his job.

Hell yes. He's went from a guy who could do nothing right or on time at the start of the series, to a guy who just needed reminders on his work at the start of Aerial Girls' production, and now he's getting his work done fast and good, and getting to leave early. I hated him just as much as everyone else in the beginning, but he's grown so much, holy poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did Diesel make an offhand reference to something called Shirabeko in this episode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

darkgray posted:

Dat planning.

Zuka........

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Did Diesel make an offhand reference to something called Shirabeko in this episode

Yeah, I'm fairly sure Shirobeko was a show they mentioned in an earlier episode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HBBf_eDLM

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Why are they believing anything that guy says anymore? After the first time he hosed them, they should be insisting on the author singing off on everything.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I don't think they had a choice. If they went over funny story guys head and straight to the author there'd probably some contract stuff they'd breach or something.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

But didn't he okay the last episode in an email? At least there's a paper trail now.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Tamba posted:

But didn't he okay the last episode in an email? At least there's a paper trail now.

To do what? Sue him? That doesn't help them get the show finished.

I think they need to get to the author directly, gently caress the contract. They just need the paper trail to get him fired.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

My suspicion is that they are going to end this arc by delaying the final episode. Aoi's gotten through every crisis so far without failing or compromising, but they have raised the point that talent is about taking risks and learning lessons. So I think what naturally follows is that we need to see how the characters deal with failure, and recover instead of destroy themselves over it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Tamba posted:

I'd need to see the contract to be sure, but generally the words of an agent are binding on their principal so in a vacuum Musani might be justified in proceeding anyway. On the other hand, that might ruin their ability to get other authors to agree to allow adaptations of their work by Musani. If the contract were at all competently drafted there should have been a clause about approval not being unreasonably withheld, and revoking approval way after the fact on a time-sensitive process like that would qualify as unreasonable. At the very least I'd expect the publisher to have to compensate Musani for any expenses reasonably incurred in redoing the episode. But this is anime-land, and anime and the legal system rarely mesh well.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
this show is truly a tour de force.
They make be like Tarou, they made me like Daisuke. If they could somehow make me like Funny story by the last episode and Zukachan still doesn't have a VA role then it'll win anime of the decade.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Understanding posted:

this show is truly a tour de force.
They make be like Tarou, they made me like Daisuke. If they could somehow make me like Funny story by the last episode and Zukachan still doesn't have a VA role then it'll win anime of the decade.

Funny story actually runs an orphanage in his spare time, that's why he's so busy. That one time he was playing golf he was trying to win a competition so that the children would be able to adopt a puppy. He tells funny stories so that he doesn't cry from all the suffering he's lived through. All of his family died in a car crash due to a speeding anime production assistant.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

Fangz posted:

Funny story actually runs an orphanage in his spare time, that's why he's so busy. That one time he was playing golf he was trying to win a competition so that the children would be able to adopt a puppy. He tells funny stories so that he doesn't cry from all the suffering he's lived through. All of his family died in a car crash due to a speeding anime production assistant.

he's only gotten into anime so his orphans could have some kind of distraction from the inevitable pain of existence.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fangz posted:

All of his family died in a car crash due to a speeding anime production assistant.

This explains everything.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Tamba posted:

The assistant said something like "Funny story: I think this will be ok." which is exactly what he said the last time he hosed them.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
Remember when we all absolutely hated Tarou? Now whenever he appears, I'm like "haha, oh you. you're so great." What a good show.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

History has vindicated me re: Tarou

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
Ok, now this is really amusing (it's a building Mizushima based studio Taitanic off)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

is that a bar?

• Locked thread