Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm pretty sure Hal has lied his rear end off here, given that he just flipped "Strong Poisoner" Scum in the ending of Ixtlilton's game.
Lynch Hal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'll claim, you may decide to kill me over it, but if you do you can at least still get something out of it.

I'm a poisonbomb/poisoner. Kind of a weird town role. If I am hammered, the hammerer is poisoned and dies the end of the next day. Alternately I can poison someone at night (and they die at the end of the next day). It's one-shot, if I poison at night I lose the poisonbomb.

True story, Opop forgot to send my alignment in the original PM and I assumed I was 3rd party or scum until he sent another PM that was like "oh by the way you are town"

Anyway, it doesn't sound like a town role so if you want to kill me I understand, just make sure your second scum choice is forced to hammer me.

That being said, if I was scum I would almost certainly have just poisoned someone last night.
This poo poo appears lifted straight from his Scum One-Shot Strong Poisoner role in Ixtlilton's game.

Unless Hal just so happened to get the same weird role in two consecutive games?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Link?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700971&pagenumber=24&perpage=40#post442724307

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

This poo poo appears lifted straight from his Scum One-Shot Strong Poisoner role in Ixtlilton's game.

Unless Hal just so happened to get the same weird role in two consecutive games?

It's certainly not the same role, I wouldn't just make up poison bomb (never even heard of that).

I did think it was amusing that I was a poisoner in two different games (with different alignments) and in neither one have I actually poisoned anyone. I was wondering if someone would try and make that connection. It's definitely BS to say I lifted the role from another game though when they aren't described the same at all and have different powers. I'm pretty good at fakeclaiming I don't need to lazily do it by using my role from another game.

I would be ok with Lumpen or merk today, or with it being me and making one of them hammer.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I feel very confident in hammering lying Scum Hal today.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Lumpen posted:

I feel very confident in hammering lying Scum Hal today.

I'm okay with you hammering him as well.

...or Merk... or MC.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
Guys I guess I'll just spell this out more explicitly, if you have any doubts about Hal we should make him poison merk, the guy who said he is willing to die then proceeded to act very much like someone who doesn't want to die and/or pushed a bad case on me that at least Amoeba saw the obvious faults in.

I can track Hal, this means that even if he can do a NK + poison he would be unable. I know you might think I'm scum Somber, but you need to at least entertain the WIFOM of doc'ing me, because otherwise the obvious choice for Hal is to poison merk and kill me. More likely is that Hal is actually town, and we can get rid of Merk who is probably scum and admitted quite rightly that he should not exist in lategame with two scums dying D1 and absolutely nothing from him.

Don't give merk's shoddy play the honour of the lynch, let him die to the probable town vig/lynchbomb who can't kill anyone tonight due to my track results being very clear.

One of the only problematic scum counterplays I can see is to simply kill merk, which again, isn't exactly an anti-town move in the long run.

##vote MC ED or vote Lumpen, I think. I haven't done a re-read and won't be doing one probably.

:siren: HAL, please weigh in on my plan asap. :siren:

We have the privilege of having a long time to figure out who the final scum is, and it's possible it's just as easy as getting a cop investigation (i.e. no godfather), so can we please play in a way where there won't be any low-content players who are impossible to read going into LYLO. Whilst this game might seem a free win it is very much not, we need to systematically make sure that if we don't hit scum soon that we aren't left with certain players, like merk who are either scum or a town-person that has made theirselves impossibly unreliable to take into LYLO.

tl;dr mafia is about scum hunting, my post explains how we can ensure we don't become complacent and have the best environment for scum hunting in the event that the final scum has played a very good game.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I repeat my last post is good, read it and realise that we should not lynch Hal today.

This actually makes me a very obvious NK target. It's possible that Hal will have the ability to both visit merk to poison which is visible, and have a ninja-kill. But that is so convoluted I don't think it's really worth entertaining, and again, Hal is probably not someone to take into endgame.

Play the slow game, play the mafia game, play the safe game!

(days can still be quick, just methodical).

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Also FYI just in case MC ED is a busdriver this is why he needs to die today.

Busdriver MC ED could really gently caress this all up. You wanna take that risk?

##vote MC ED

I might not be back later, I probably will. I'm really confident that my plan is a good idea tho.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
No, lynch Hal. I believe you love your plan but I want to lynch Scum.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Alternatively, if MC ED has to live for reasons I don't agree with, here's a rough breakdown of what I'd recommend. WIFOM included (necessary):

TheRam: Track Hal/MC ED/Mystery Scum Pick (you can choose this explicitly for me if you are :tinfoil: about me)
MC ED: Busdrive any combination of Amoeba, Lumpen, Rurea ... I don't know, without a re-read I can't remember who of them look scummiest out of the flips, but definitely not me, merk, hal, the cop (?) or somber (doc?)/ do not busdrive any of the targets of investigations/protects for tonight. The goal here is to re-route any NK's back onto the scum, or onto players who are possible scum.
Somber: Doc me or Cop (or Ernie?)
Hal: Unconditionally poison merk.
Cop: Lumpen, Amoeba - both good players who I'm really not sure about. There are some other candidates of course I'm sure, but I'm not able to do the re-read, this is probably the most open. I can't remember exactly the way busdrive works, so anyone who might be busdriven should not be copped? (clarify this one)

Feel free to add or tweak, if we're assuming MC ED is town of course it may be important for me to track him because a busdrive could really gently caress up a town that's planning to win with night actions as a major contributor.

At least talk about my two plans, please. If we don't kill MC ED he either needs to be explicitly targetting people or I track him, but right now I have a bad headache and I'm just kinda blank on figuring out what the interactions all are with busdrives.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Lumpen posted:

No, lynch Hal. I believe you love your plan but I want to lynch Scum.

If he has a vig throwing it away because you have a hunch despite the fact he took no action last night is stupid and is your ego not mine. Using the vig on a player like merk is the best thing for the town to do. My results put Hal in the more likely town camp so whatever, I'm not going to be on that lynch if Hal agrees to go with my plan.

If you're wrong a fairly apathetic lumpen and hal just self-destructed for no reason, we go into night phase with a potential scum busdriver and merk increases his probability of sticking around to endgame. You haven't yet tarred your ability to scum hunt to the same extent as merk, merk needs to die, and Hal who is a good chance of being town should not die when he can potentially be verified or drat near by night actions.

bbl xo

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hey Hal, can you poison TheRam?

Eh, too slow of a death.

##vote: TheRam

I just can't help but feel that if you're scum, you're really mixing me up with these crazy plans. And with this many town, I buy Tracker as a scum role this game.

CPig: Absorber (Defensive)
Narc: Roleblocker (Disruptive)
Ram?: Tracker (Investigative)

That right there is the holy trinity of scum teams.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
TheRam, you seem to assume MCED flips Town and you also want to lynch him.
Occam's razor suggests Hal lied about his role.
Wise up please, my friend.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote theram

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

If you decide you want to kill me then I'll be the one to lynch Hal.

Also I still feel MC ED has a good probability of being scum, of course, I did however offer up a scenario that doesn't involve killing MC ED.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Actually gently caress it, I'm leaving my vote on MC ED and not coming back tonight. Do as you please, if there's enough momentum to lynch me then no one is going to pay my ideas any heed so it doesn't really matter. If consensus sees that my night action plans A or B are still good ideas then there's always twilight to discuss things.

Part of why I don't want to lynch Hal is because I think he can be exhonerated and can also be used to kill merk who should die.

Go nuts, dragons.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So 3 and a half hours till deadline. is no one seeing enough in merks pedantry to vote him?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
##unvote

Here's a plan for tonight.

Claimed Roles
Doctor
Tracker
Cop
Bus Driver
Poisoner
Commuter

Doctor protects Tracker or Cop.
-Mafia have a 50% fail rate here, 100% everywhere else.

Tracker and Cop
-Go do something productive.

Bus Driver
-Do whatever you want. It doesn't matter. Aim to protect key roles. But you must tell us exactly what you did the next day.
-Mafia have to kill you to keep us confused for the past night's actions OR you have a chance of redirecting their kill.

Poisoner
-Please don't do anything ever.

This strategy gives our investigative roles a fighting chance to find out useful information for us. Mafia have to either risk the 50% Doctor chance to kill one of them or go for a less interesting role. The Bus Driver has a small chance to disrupt the Mafia kill and if he does, we'll be able to remove scum candidates. Since everyone claimed a role, everyone can say what they did on the previous night and we have a great shot of working this out just from role information.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Cop - Murmur Twin
Tracker - TheRam
Doctor - Somberbrero
Bus Driver - MC Eating Disorder
Commuter - numerrik
Poisoner - Hal Incandena
Mason - Met
Mason - Ernie
Vanilla - Amoeba102
Vanilla - Lumpen
Vanilla - merk
Vanilla - Rurea

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, Mc Ed has to busdrive Somber with some unknown player, Somber protecrs Murmur twin and gently caress it if TheRam dies or McED, we get one more night of cop results and keep our doctor up.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Vote for a vanilla. I'm saying we go merk, but I'll swap to Lumpen if you want.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

My Sunday just got way to busy so I'm also not going to be around near deadline.

Met, what do you think?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Vote for a vanilla. I'm saying we go merk, but I'll swap to Lumpen if you want.

lumpen over merk

theram over both

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

TheRam as a tracker is better left alive for now. Make him claim first before anyone else every day if you want.

##vote Lumpen

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote lumpen

if we lose because some dreaming flying dragon 3p can kill 3 people tongiht i will flip my poo poo

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Also deisgnate a cop target so Mc ED avoids that person too when bus driving.

Good luck with the rest of the day.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

no dont do this, everyone do your actions in private

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, Mc Ed has to busdrive Somber with some unknown player, Somber protecrs Murmur twin and gently caress it if TheRam dies or McED, we get one more night of cop results and keep our doctor up.

That's not an unreasonable thing for the Bus Driver to do, but I'm hesitant to tell the Bus Driver what to do to keep things more difficult for Mafia to plan out.

Amoeba102 posted:

Nah this is a bad idea. We don't need scum focusing our cop targets.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Lumpen so I should poison merk? Or no one? ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr what?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote lumpen

Okay

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

##vote Lumpen

Hal pleaaaaase poison merk, and MC ED pleaaaaase don't bus merk hal or w/e fucks it up.

merk by his own admission should die, take the opportunity to unburden the town from someone who has no scumtrail due to D1 absence and has (Amoeba noticed too) spent today dedicated to riding me.

Lumpen might actually be GG so that's cool. Fingers crossed because then my scum list was pretty good and I can stop listening to "10hr Shake it Off" on repeat.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
OK bye. I flip Vanilla Town, see you in The Field.
##Vote lumpen
Remember lynch Hal.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

We can still swing to either:

Rurea
Numerrik
Met

Don't lynch Hal let Hal do his thing!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Nevermind we'll be lucky to get a hammer like this.

hey opop how about killing the buttholes who are basically not playing this game

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Well I don't trust the bus driver and think you'll make this game very difficult I can see things are definitely going towards lumpen so I'll throw on my foot with them I can see the logic behind this.

##vote lumpen

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Mafia edit: he'll not you'll dammit Siri.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Lumpen :byewhore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lumpen, Crystal Dragon, Town Aligned Vanilla, was killed D2

It is now N2

• Locked thread