Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Budget titles are clearly the way forward for gaming. Capcom hemhorraged money on Resident Evil 6 because they made it too AAA. So I'm liking Revelations 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I hope the release of ep 4 comes with a patch to fix the framerate. The final part of the factory was like a slide show.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'd like if they fixed whatever the gently caress is up with raid mode crashing after the daily is complete.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Any recommendations for getting RE4 to work on WIndows7? I just installed it, but it crashes immediately on startup. Verified the game cache and it seems to be working ok.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Broose posted:

I hope the release of ep 4 comes with a patch to fix the framerate. The final part of the factory was like a slide show.
The factory was bad but managable for me. The final part of Barry's though, jesus christ. I think it was the combination of really big area+sand&wind effects+that final boss monster but I spent that entire fight lagging to high hell.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
At this point it seems fairly certain that there won't be big optimization work until after the episodes are all out. There was a steam post linked in here earlier that was supposed to have some performance tweaks, but I can't say they had much effect for me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Geight posted:

At this point it seems fairly certain that there won't be big optimization work until after the episodes are all out. There was a steam post linked in here earlier that was supposed to have some performance tweaks, but I can't say they had much effect for me.

They worked great for me! I can actually play the game now, though I've realized that sometimes enemies just teleport regardless of frame rate.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I didn't realize there were only going to be four episodes, that bums me out. For some reason I thought there would be 5. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth, I am just enjoying this more than I thought I would and don't want it to end just yet. I didn't enjoy much of Episode 2, but Episode 1 and 3 have been really fun.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Agrias120 posted:

I didn't realize there were only going to be four episodes, that bums me out. For some reason I thought there would be 5. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth, I am just enjoying this more than I thought I would and don't want it to end just yet. I didn't enjoy much of Episode 2, but Episode 1 and 3 have been really fun.

For what it's worth, there are also bonus episodes coming – one for Moira, one for Natalia – that are free if you bought the season pass, so you don't have to stop at 4.

I don't remember all of the details when I read about them, but apparently they're both pretty experimental – it's not like they're just giving you a new area without Barry or Claire. Apparently Moira is paired with the old guy you meet in chapter 3, while Natalia is paired with a kind of Dark Natalia (yes, seriously). Natalia's chapter is completely stealth oriented, while Moira has to find rations to keep going – if you run out you have to start the chapter over. .

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So episode 3 was still pretty strong all around; I enjoyed the death traps in Claire's area and the cooperation in Barry's section. I think the only thing that was a bit tedious and went on for too long was that battery carrying near the end of Barry's chapter. Still this has been a pretty enjoyable experience all around and they really seemed to have nailed down keeping me interested enough to be excited for the next week to come for more episodes.

Also pretty happy I finally unlocked Cypher cause that poo poo is goofy fun. The reach on the katana is pretty crazy and it seems to daze enemies super quick; I just wish he would at least unlock some evade upgrades or something.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Niggurath posted:

So episode 3 was still pretty strong all around; I enjoyed the death traps in Claire's area and the cooperation in Barry's section. I think the only thing that was a bit tedious and went on for too long was that battery carrying near the end of Barry's chapter. Still this has been a pretty enjoyable experience all around and they really seemed to have nailed down keeping me interested enough to be excited for the next week to come for more episodes.

It also helps i'm coming back every time going "oh god there is no way they can top the writing in the last episode!" and they always managed to do it so far and it's great :allears:

As neat as the co-op mechanics are i can't help but feel a bit sorry for player 2 though at least when you're playing as Moira you can smack a dude upside his face with a crowbar if the flashlight doesn't get them in time. Natalia seems a bit redundant as in split screen you can just look down a bit and see everything and get all the information you need with not a whole lot of communication needed.

Sure the brick is super amazing at knocking EVERYTHING down but without it all Natalia is really good for is pointing out The invisible bug assholes and being unintentionally funny to mess around with (teabagging the disintegrating corpses, spamming her aim button while aiming at the ground so it looks like she's headbanging for instance). So here's hoping

Also blame Telltale Games for the whole "whoa this is only 4 episodes? oh okay" mentality since they are the ones making everything 5 episodes (except Game of Thrones who's 3rd episodes is still not out yet :argh:)

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Anyone know if the Pale Rider will be in episode four? Drake was two, Muramasa (sp?) was three. It could be tied to the bonus episodes and I'd like to have a heads-up on that.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Speedball posted:

Budget titles are clearly the way forward for gaming. Capcom hemhorraged money on Resident Evil 6 because they made it too AAA. So I'm liking Revelations 2.

What even are AA or just A games these days?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Yo realtalk this may just be me being extremely terrible at Resident Evil games but how the gently caress am I supposed to beat El Gigante?

I beat the first one after dying no less than five times thanks to that dog that helps you out but now I've run into a second one while carting Ashley around and it's in a narrow rear end canyon with no way to get around him and by the time I make it to one end and turn around to shoot he's already right in front of me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

Yo realtalk this may just be me being extremely terrible at Resident Evil games but how the gently caress am I supposed to beat El Gigante?

I beat the first one after dying no less than five times thanks to that dog that helps you out but now I've run into a second one while carting Ashley around and it's in a narrow rear end canyon with no way to get around him and by the time I make it to one end and turn around to shoot he's already right in front of me.

You can escape from that one. It's designed such as that you will probably go that route.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Resident Evil 4 spoilers not meant for Kaubocks I like how he implies that there is only one in that canyon.

Kaubocks posted:

If you at at the place right after the house, I always go left. It's a lot less stressful than El Gigante canyon in my opinion. Still has it's own challenges though. Tip spoiler: hold onto a grenade for the final part of it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Do we have any idea if the two bonus episodes will add more Raid Mode content?

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

ImpAtom posted:

You can escape from that one. It's designed such as that you will probably go that route.

Also, there's a boulder resting on a wooden platform, which I believe the cutscene points out. If you shoot the support out as he's walking towards you, the boulder falls on top of him and deals massive damage.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Azran posted:

Do we have any idea if the two bonus episodes will add more Raid Mode content?

I hope so; there's so many more characters they should add. Helena where are you.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

Grenades. Flash grenades stun them for a while and frag grenades take off a good chunk of health. Grenades solve a lot of problems in this game.

Killing the second Gigante is just plain hard but it's optional and the only reward is more money. There's two different ways to skip it.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Broose posted:

Resident Evil 4 spoilers not meant for Kaubocks I like how he implies that there is only one in that canyon.

What are you talking about? Seperate Ways? Because I always assumed that was the same one from Leon's scenario. Don't read this one either Kaubocks.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I did drop the boulder on him but you still need to do a good chunk of damage to him to get him to drop so you can run up and slice the parasite for the first time.

I'll go the other way I was just wistfully hoping there was a trick to fighting him that I was too dumb to realize or something because I've struggled against both El Gigantes so far.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

I did drop the boulder on him but you still need to do a good chunk of damage to him to get him to drop so you can run up and slice the parasite for the first time.

I'll go the other way I was just wistfully hoping there was a trick to fighting him that I was too dumb to realize or something because I've struggled against both El Gigantes so far.

The trick is seriously that you're supposed to run from him. Killing him is optional and gets you some money.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Well not even this one in particular, I just mean in general I found the first El Gigante to be a big roadblock for me as well. I would try to run under his legs-- sometimes it would work fine and sometimes I'd get kicked and lose a ton of health. I would try to run around him-- sometimes it would work fine and sometimes he'd just grab me and I'd lose a ton of health. If I ever can run away from him, by the time I turn around to line up a shot he's already hot on my rear end and I don't have time to do much damage to him.

From what I understand from what my friend has told me, I'll be fighting a few more of these throughout the game.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

Well not even this one in particular, I just mean in general I found the first El Gigante to be a big roadblock for me as well. I would try to run under his legs-- sometimes it would work fine and sometimes I'd get kicked and lose a ton of health. I would try to run around him-- sometimes it would work fine and sometimes he'd just grab me and I'd lose a ton of health. If I ever can run away from him, by the time I turn around to line up a shot he's already hot on my rear end and I don't have time to do much damage to him.

From what I understand from what my friend has told me, I'll be fighting a few more of these throughout the game.

I think you're letting it get too close. You need to run to open up distance, take a couple shots, and then start running again before it gets in grabbing range. This is harder with Ashley in tow so its easier to just keep it stunned with boulders and flash grenades. There's ways to dance around their feet and knife them death but the first time through the game you're better off using your range advantage.

The ones you fight later are much easier due to better weapon options.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

Shoot off the chains on the door before he spawns in so you can run through and hide on the other side of the doorway. If you want, you can use this free time to grab all the treasure in the shacks so you don't need to worry about them getting wrecked. Then throw your flashes and grenades at him to keep him stunned while you unload in his face. The TMP is particularly good at getting his parasite vulnerable quickly.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Scrap Dragon posted:

What are you talking about? Seperate Ways? Because I always assumed that was the same one from Leon's scenario. Don't read this one either Kaubocks.

I guess I'm mis-remembering things then but Weren't there two in the canyon? One at the entrance and one near the middle/end?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Knife him.

Equip a grenade so you move faster. Run toward him as if you were going to run through his legs but stop prematurely. He'll be baited into making a grab that make him turn around. While he's turned around, slash him once and then run through his legs. He'll try to grab you again but will miss, so take the opportunity to slash him again before running through his legs. Repeat until his plaga is exposed. If you can pull off eight slashes during the QTE, you can beat him in a couple of minutes.

Looks like this. If this looks too tricky, you can create some distance after running through his legs and then turn around and approach him again in order to bait his grab. It's a lot easier if you equip a grenade or an egg so that you can run faster.

Broose posted:

I guess I'm mis-remembering things then but Weren't there two in the canyon? One at the entrance and one near the middle/end?

You're mistaken. The only time you fight two in one encounter is in the lava room in 4-2.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Someone uploaded the final episode and the two bonus episodes to youtube. I couldn't help myself. After watching, it has propelled this game to one of my favorite titles of the series.

My only real complaint would be how short it is even by Resident Evil standards.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I was really hopeful that Episode 4 would have Moira able to use guns after what happened at the end of the chapter. But now that I found out you can have either Claire or Moira shoot the boss, that pretty much kills that hope.(end of episode 3/Claire spoilers)

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
There are two endings to Rev2.

You get a bad ending in Barry Ep4 if Moira doesn't use the gun to kill Neil.
You get a good ending if, however, you do have Moira finish him.

I'm sure that's all there is to it though.

edit:

oh and Co-op won't be available for raid until March 31st I guess. It was posted on the steam board.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Mar 16, 2015

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

man nurse posted:

Someone uploaded the final episode and the two bonus episodes to youtube. I couldn't help myself. After watching, it has propelled this game to one of my favorite titles of the series.

My only real complaint would be how short it is even by Resident Evil standards.
To be fair, if this episodic format becomes a thing Capcom could take the ball and run with it. Most of the characters belong to various organizations ( BSAA, Leon in the Secret Service, Ada does her whole super-spy thing. Wesker & Co. work for Umbrella, etc. ) so they could easily make several smaller games featuring a different handful of characters each time, taking place between / after the 'big' games.

Personally I'd like to see the Wolfpack from O:RC in a game that isn't utter poo poo.

Lunethex posted:

Ugh, and when I had zero intentions of replaying those loving awful sewer levels. Thanks Capcom.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Lunethex posted:

oh and Co-op won't be available for raid until March 31st I guess. It was posted on the steam board.

Where?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Jia posted:

Where?

it's on the japanese site for REV2

and also it's loving dumb cuz nobody is gonna be playing raid at that point
http://www.capcom.co.jp/rev2/game/raidmode.php?la=en

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Lunethex posted:

You get a bad ending in Barry Ep4 if Moira doesn't use the gun to kill Neil.
You get a good ending if, however, you do have Moira finish him.

What's the difference between them?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

poptart_fairy posted:

What's the difference between them?

Long story short, in the good ending Moira appears with a gun during the final boss fight to help Barry and Natalia, and Claire shows up in a helicopter armed with a sniper rifle and RPG to rescue them. There's a bit more gameplay after that as you switch between Barry and Claire to finish the boss. In the bad ending, nobody shows up to help and the game ends there.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm okay with waiting for March31st for online Raid mode if they intend to maybe polish up the game a bit in between now and then! I mean, probably not, but a guy can dream.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

timeandtide posted:

At the end of Claire's Episode 3 chapter, there is a QTE where they struggle with Neil. Is it possible for Moira to pick up the gun and shoot him? When I played it, I initially switched to her and started crawling forward, but thought I had to balance between her crawling and Claire warding off Neil so I switched back to Claire and that led to her picking up the gun and finishing him off.

Yeah, they did this in the polygon let's play, if you want to see it without playing through again.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/11/8196365/resident-evil-revelations-2-lets-play-video-part-10

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Either way, in both endings, Alex Wesker wins and lives on in Natalia. She gains Albert's powers too :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

You only fight a couple more of them in the entire game*

Spoilers not meant for Kaubocks: A couple....at once :getin:

* Not including the bonus campaign, can't remember if they even appear there.