Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)

(source)
The Livireen is a land of contrasts: the hills are harsh and unforgiving, but the river valleys are bright and lush. A millennia ago, the earliest settlers built massive aqueducts, dams, and levees to control the water and bring life to even the driest stretches of the Livireen. But, whoever controlled the water controlled the world - tyrants and cruel masters regularly blocked off aqueducts to rebelling provinces until they fell back in line and learned their place.
But times are changing. The Livireen kings are engaged in a protracted war with Arrentia, diverting both soldiers and resources to the front, and a series severe droughts has made water even more scarce. With no end in sight and with crops beginning to fail, it was only a matter of time before things turned ugly.
A week ago, the citizens of the city of Madriu killed their prince and declared independence from the Livireen. As expected, the water was shut off; what was unexpected was the leader of the revolt being killed in her sleep. Left on her corpse was a note: "JOIN OR DIE." It was signed with the sigil of the King's Assassins.

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. IRC is the best way to get in touch with me outside of PMs, as I only check my email every other day or so.

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be honest about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Try not to post like an illiterate. I know capitalization and grammar are difficult, but you're all adults. A modicum of effort goes a long way. If your posting gets especially bad, you even risk being put on probation and then replaced. Neither you nor I want to have to deal with that.

Every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Anyway! This game is for 21 players. Players new and old are all welcome, however deferential treatment will be given to newer players.

Here we go!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
------- :siren: SPECIAL GAME RULES :siren: -------
This game's executions will be in the Lights Out format. Upon the first player reaching enough votes to be executed, the deadline will change to 24 hours from hammer. Upon the second execution, the deadline will again reset to 12 hours from hammer. Then 6 hours, then 3 hours, and so on in that fashion. When a deadline is reached without a majority vote, or when the town hammers ##no hang, the day will end, all executed players will be flipped, and night will begin.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: :c:

Player List:
1) 100YrsofAttitude
2) a worthy uhh
3) Amoeba102
4) AnonymousNarcotics
5) CapitalistPig
6) CCKeane
7) Ernie.
8) Glockenapfel Asiina
9) imgay
10) Jedit
11) Little Mac
12) Meinberg wins32767 chaoslord
13) merk
14) numerrik
15) Opopanax
16) Pinterest Mom
17) Quandary
18) QuoProQuid
19) Somberbrero
20) The Ninth Layer
21) winvirus

Flips:
Night 0: Varinn, Ana de la Lorca, Leader (town-aligned ecco cop), died.
Day 1: numerik, Alonso de la Reys, Veteran (town-aligned elite bodyguard), modkilled. Jedit, Augusto Tigroso, Killer (mafia-aligned hitman), executed.
Night 1: winvirus, ???, ??? (???-aligned ???), died.
Day 2: Quandary, ???, ??? (???-aligned), executed.
Night 2: QuoProQuid, ???, ??? (???-aligned ???), died.
Day 3: a worthy uhh/me in reverse, Imne Osrevni, Redhands (king-aligned janitor), executed. All the previously obscured flips are also revealed.
Night 3: Ernie., Ernesto Molina, Healer (revolution-aligned doctor), died.
Day 4: CCKeane, Carlos Quentino, Spy (king-aligned rolecop), executed. Little Mac, Jocasta Marino, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 4: Pinterest Mom, Nilda Sosa, Dancer (revolution-aligned empowerer), died.
Day 5, Morning: Asiina, Manza de la Campa, Assassin (mafia-aligned goon), daykilled.
Day 5: CapitalistPig, Santiago Videla, Brute (mafia-aligned jailor), executed. Opopanax, Padraig Perez, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 5: Nobody died during the night now isn't that interesting I wonder what it could mean.
Day 6: imgay, Modesto Olmo, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), executed. Somberbrero, Mayote "Mayo" Fuerte, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), executed. 100YrsofAttitude, Alfredo Guerre, Healer (mafia-aligned doctor), executed. chaoslord, Gonçal Salazar, Assassin (mafia-aligned goon), executed.

TOWN VICTORY
REVOLUTIONARY VICTORY
GAME OVER!!

Current Phase: GAME OVER
:h: N / A
:d: Deadline: N / A

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Apr 11, 2015

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
LEt's do this thing! An Ecco game! Oh Boy!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:henget:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Signing up as a replacement! I really wanna play but I'll be super busy irl until next friday.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I am playing this game. I will never vote no dunk.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

You called me a pedophile.

I demand a public apology.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Okay, I shall play.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

You called me a pedophile.

I demand a public apology.

I did not in any capacity do that!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ecco is a pedophile but I will play this game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
And yer out.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Signing up as a replacement! I really wanna play but I'll be super busy irl until next friday.

I'm realistically speaking not going to get the game started until late this week anyway! Unless by next friday you mean the 28th.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

a worthy uhh posted:

Ecco is a pedophile but I will play this game.

Mod discrimination, kicks taste out but not mir

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
In it to win it

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will join.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ecco hemo, or something like that. Sign me up, I could use a game.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Okay I will play this game!!!!!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

EccoRaven posted:

And yer out.

I'm realistically speaking not going to get the game started until late this week anyway! Unless by next friday you mean the 28th.

No I meant the 20. I'll totally play if it's not gonna start until then!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

No I meant the 20. I'll totally play if it's not gonna start until then!

I will start the game before Friday, but I'll make sure Friday is part of day 1!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'll play Ecco. I can't promise quality but I can promise effort. I don't quite get the Lights Out Mechanism though.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'll play Ecco. I can't promise quality but I can promise effort. I don't quite get the Lights Out Mechanism though.

"Deadline is for Monday at 11PM EST!"

"Meinberg was hammered Monday at 8:47PM EST. New deadline: Tuesday, 8:47PM EST."

"Dr. Hurt was hammered Tuesday, 4:46PM EST. New deadline: Wednesday, 4:46AM EST."

"Asiina was hammered Tuesday, 5:16PM EST. New deadline: Tuesday, 11:16PM EST."

"Town has voted to no-hang/it is 11:16PM EST and nobody has enough votes to execute."

:s: Meinberg, Town Vanilla, executed. Dr. Hurt, Town Doctor, executed. Asiina, Serial Killer, executed. :s:"

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

i will play this game,......and actually put in effort :wow:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

"Meinberg was hammered Monday at 8:47PM EST. New deadline: Tuesday, 8:47PM EST."

"Dr. Hurt was hammered Tuesday, 4:46PM EST. New deadline: Wednesday, 4:46AM EST."

"Town has voted to no-hang/it is 11:16PM EST and nobody has enough votes to execute."

:s: Meinberg, Town Vanilla, executed. Dr. Hurt, Town Doctor, executed. Asiina, Serial Killer, executed. :s:"

But if deadline is Monday at 11 PM and we hammer at, say, Sunday 1 PM
is new deadline Monday 1 PM?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

EccoRaven posted:

I will start the game before Friday, but I'll make sure Friday is part of day 1!

Cool! I just hope I don't get poo poo on for not participating fully until then

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

Got it chief. Thanks.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pinterest Mom posted:

is new deadline Monday 1 PM?
Yep!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

So how can you promise Friday will be part of day one?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Because I'm 100% positive you're not going to be able to hammer before a few hours prior to the deadline.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Signing up

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

EccoRaven posted:

Because I'm 100% positive you're not going to be able to hammer before a few hours prior to the deadline.

Challenge accepted

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

:corrupt:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

EccoRaven posted:

:s: Meinberg, Town Vanilla, executed. :s:"

wtf

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

An admission he's not Town. You know what to do.

Wait for the role PMs to go out and the game to start.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll be a replacement Ecco, but I don't know if I can take on a big game from the get go at the moment.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I'll join

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

It's been forever since I played mafia, but sure. I'm in.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
You got banned when you signed up for one of my previous games QPQ, promise you won't get banned again okay!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

EccoRaven posted:

You got banned when you signed up for one of my previous games QPQ, promise you won't get banned again okay!

I promise I won't every get banned during one of your games, Ecco! It was a horrible mistake and I'm sorry it happened.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I forgive you! We all make mistakes and say things we later regret (e.g. because we got banned for them); it is as human as apple pie.

Also if I don't get more signups by this time tomorrow-ish I'm going to retool the game for something smaller, so, get excited? Also harass your friends though, because I really like this setup!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm new to Mafia, Can I play please!

• Locked thread