Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

TheRam posted:

We can still swing to either:

Rurea
Numerrik
Met

Don't lynch Hal let Hal do his thing!

It's because I voted for you, isn't it?

Still a mason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
nah I looked at post histories of people who claimed vanilla (I counted mason as vanilla because really it is)

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I guess I was being stupid when I said to designate a cop target. I was rushing to post and get going so I didn't think it through.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Opop promised short nights, so I guess we'll see thee thread come up in a few hours.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal I hope you poisoned merk.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll reopen tonight. Some of us have to work on Sundays

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

Hal I hope you poisoned merk.

yes this.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I'll reopen tonight. Some of us have to work on Sundays

Yeah that's fair enough.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Amoeba be honest did you submit a night action to kill me because you are the scum, it would explain a lot. You can't even look me in the eye.

am I allowed to ask? open nights is weird

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Of course not, I'm vanilla.

I'd have killed players I don't like, or don't know, or are lurkers, if I were scum.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I don't mind if you killed me.

You have been my favourite this game. You write well and if you're not scum then you actually seem to get me at least a bit so that's nice.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I should spend this lull in game activity to write flavour for the game I promised sometime back last year. That or actually do work, I dunno.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Amoeba102 posted:

Of course not, I'm vanilla.

I'd have killed players I don't like, or don't know, or are lurkers, if I were scum.

Not people who would be likely to harm your game?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I don't play like that. I prefer to keep players I like to play with around for as long as possible.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Yeh I personally had a thing to kill lurkers. Lurkin' ain't mafia imo.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, it's all about NKing to get rid of unfun players and making the game better. Not necessarily about killing to win. Technically it's better to keep lurkers around for the scum to achieve their win condition, but it makes the game bad.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Ram, Brass Dragon, Town Aligned Tracker, was killed N2

It is now D3

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Huh. Now it looks like TheRam knew he was getting offed.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

All right, tells us what you did everyone. Hal did you poison merk?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

All right, tells us what you did everyone. Hal did you poison merk?

Yes!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So he should die at the end of this day, or is it the next day?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

For the record, I didn't commute last night.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

numerrik posted:

For the record, I didn't commute last night.

Mafia edit: good night see y'all in the am.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I guess now I can ignore casing merk.

Looking at other candidates based on roles, Rurea and Met come to mind.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I have a (town) cop result for someone but would like to hear who was bus driver'ed first.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Reading Met: Solid earnest posting. Calling town.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I appreciate that.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Murmur Twin posted:

I have a (town) cop result for someone but would like to hear who was bus driver'ed first.

Good call waiting until after the Bus Driver claim.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Rurea posted:

Just saying, if I was scum I would be loving this TheRam vs. Somber thing right now. Its generating tons of wordy posts that could be used later to make you look bad. And its allowing people to sit back and let two townies point fingers at eachother.

Okay this is going to sound very "Lumpen". But this scum-mind hypothesizing sounds bad. Like if you're reading the thread and looking at content, it seems unnatural to go "Ah what would the scum think about this?" It's not just "Your slapfight is not helpful stop it". It's also got a basic assumption that TheRam and Somber were town, and this was during D1 before we had any info. I dunno. It just doesn't seem like something town would post because it doesn't come from a town mind place.

Quiet after D2 started but that's probably just a weekend effect.

Rest is just kind of basic content.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (10): Amoeba102, Ernie., Hal Incandenza, MC Eating Disorder, merk, Met, Murmur Twin, numerrik, Rurea, Somberbrero

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 17th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Cool

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Dead merk walking.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Amoeba

Defends Narc on d1 by attacking the case as an 'easy one against a newbie.'
Votes Narc late with no real justification.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Well Anon Narc was new, and I think the tells Ernie was using could have been just as easily from a new town as a new scum. I think Ernie got it the right result with the wrong reasons.

Voted Narc because deadline was close and was allowing for the majority to occur. That I was the hammer was just timing as TheRam voted at the same time I did.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Where you at, MC Eating Disorder?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Oh I'm still alive in this game. :D

Waiting on MC ED.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Murmur Twin posted:

Me and Somberero. Sorry I haven't been super active in this game but I've been sick/starting a new job and also another game has been taking up what little usable brainspace I have atm so I've been pretty low effort here. I thought I had a pretty good reason for this pick but in hindsight it might have actually been a little dumb? I dunno. If we genuinely have no good leads today I don't mind being a token lynch to take my power out of consideration and also because I haven't been particularly active but if we have a solid rolecop that can help us and I didn't somehow gently caress with it I'm all ears.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also it doesn't help that my timezone means I typically post immediately after everyone else fucks off apparently and then I feel weird about talking to myself

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Nah you can stay alive. Just don't swap yourself and Somber next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah in hindsight that was really dumb but I felt weird about the fact that we'd all openly role claimed and I'd already established I was just swapping myself with vanilla townies so I thought maybe it was less dumb if scum though I was just going to continue but now I've given it serious thought that was a pretty stupid risk

• Locked thread