Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRhTFVFFuxw

PS Die Antwoord aren't slept on, they are massively popular and yolandi is in a AAA movie that was just released as a main character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Harley C posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRhTFVFFuxw

PS Die Antwoord aren't slept on, they are massively popular and yolandi is in a AAA movie that was just released as a main character.

They're both in that movie and it's directed by a South African and set in Johannesburg, so it's not like that says anything about their popularity here. It's not exactly blockbuster season right now either.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

They're not slept on they're awful hth

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Professor Funk posted:

:siren: new kendrick :siren:

"Just a nappy headed nigga with the world behind him/life ain't poo poo but a fat vagina"

http://www.rap-up.com/2015/03/13/new-music-kendrick-lamar-king-kunta/

you accidentally linked to a really insanely bad mashup, where's the original track?

oh.....

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
its like a bad version of mystikal's hit me.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

The internetal shift from dick riding to hating Kendrick is going to Break The Internet.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

The internetal shift from dick riding to hating Kendrick is Because The Internet.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Yo Kendrick sucked from the start HTH

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nah gkMC is very good

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

furthermore please refrain from implying that winning a grammy is indicative of anything meaningful in rap, tia
because so many respected rappers are in attendance at the Vibe awards

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
are you guys listening to just the first minute of that kendrick track?

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
new kendrick track is really good.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nah gkMC is very good

Yeah. I prefer him rapping about gangs. Shad is the only positive rapper that gets play from me.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDEOXIlMA8

If people with upwards of 10 million views on youtube videos that are 4 months old is your definition of 'slept on' you might be an idiot. Your rap thread bubble isn't reality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMK0prafzw0

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
Dame Dash has been doing the morning radio circuit lately for his new movie and I've been revisiting some of his music projects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIVVau9-Bog

Sen City sounds like a cleaner Max B, but I could get behind an entire album of Dame Dash adlibs

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I like Kendrick's new song. I'm so excited for this album. Its going to be Kendrick's Pinkerton.

BTW: I never listened to Weezer.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

temple posted:

I like Kendrick's new song. I'm so excited for this album. Its going to be Kendrick's Pinkerton.

BTW: I never listened to Weezer.
Incredibly creepy and also panned upon its release then re-assessed as his last good album in around a decade?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

SpiritualDeath posted:

Incredibly creepy and also panned upon its release then re-assessed as his last good album in around a decade?
Its not about this album but about culling all the fans from the past album

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://instagram.com/p/0OstWBBmJ5/

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
:allears:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

biiiiiitch

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Harley C posted:

She and Ninja are in said AAA movie because they are/were bros with the director, and it made back like a quarter of its budget and may have sent said director to movie jail, so I don't think that's a terribly big indication of their popularity.

And reread what I originally said. It's not like they're not well-known, it just seems like nobody actually pays attention to their music, which is what I thought slept-on meant (i.e. someone who is peripherally aware of Jay-Z and knows 99 Problems etc. would still be sleeping on him if they'd never heard Reasonable Doubt or the Black Album). They seem to be pretty much known as "those South African people who do the crazy-rear end videos" more than anything else, at least in my anecdotal experience.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I don't understand how popular Die Antwoord is supposed to be.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

LORD OF BUTT posted:

She and Ninja are in said AAA movie because they are/were bros with the director, and it made back like a quarter of its budget and may have sent said director to movie jail, so I don't think that's a terribly big indication of their popularity.

And reread what I originally said. It's not like they're not well-known, it just seems like nobody actually pays attention to their music, which is what I thought slept-on meant (i.e. someone who is peripherally aware of Jay-Z and knows 99 Problems etc. would still be sleeping on him if they'd never heard Reasonable Doubt or the Black Album). They seem to be pretty much known as "those South African people who do the crazy-rear end videos" more than anything else, at least in my anecdotal experience.

Go suck an egg

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I went to their show in Seattle and it was completely sold out in a fairly large venue.

That's a long way from Johannesburg.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

LORD OF BUTT posted:

It's probably because their music is poop.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Slay a bit thugga.

PRETTY YOUNG THUG

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's probably because their music is poop.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

CUM EVERYWHERE!!!!

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Young Thug seemed pretty humble before he blew up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/gxe7j/iama_a_hiphop_artist_on_the_verge_of_signing_a/

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I don't know how to read Reddit. It confuses me.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Apparently the clean version of Kendrick's album got released on iTunes for some reason. I think I'd rather wait than listen to the clean version though.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Previous Jesus posted:

Apparently the clean version of Kendrick's album got released on iTunes for some reason. I think I'd rather wait than listen to the clean version though.

It looks like all the explicit tracks can be bought separately except for the last track

e: It's up for sale now

deadwing fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 16, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Explicit versions out

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Somebody is fuuuuuucked.

https://twitter.com/dangerookipawaa/status/577323884497620993

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Somewhere out there, Action Bronson is breathing a sigh of relief.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
When was it supposed to come out?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Robert Analog posted:

When was it supposed to come out?

Next week.

Spotify has it up now btw

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

listening to a chunk of this album i have to say that "i" makes a lot more sense in context but also not at all in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
https://twitter.com/kendricklamar/status/577331666789609474

:confused: