Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Mandrel posted:

Pubbies are awful. Jesus christ.

It could be worse. They could be goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

The outfit glitch? Just start a capture from quick jobs on your phone, in the setup it'll show your normal outfit, but once you're in the match you'll be wearing the cop outfit. Change your glasses to get it saved, then either finish the capture or quit, and you should be wearing it in freeroam, go to your apartment or a clothes store to save it as an outfit.

Edit: this works for any mission based outfit as well, not limited to just the cop outfits.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 16, 2015

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Wait, did we just finish the cop station setup mission without having to destroy the cop car?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Slim Killington posted:

Wait, did we just finish the cop station setup mission without having to destroy the cop car?
Did you? I took forever to drive the Casco to its destination because the other person on the car team kept alerting the cops. Kind of figured you guys finished it ages before I dropped the car off.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Well we stole one off the street from 911, lost the wanted level, and every time we drove up to the station they all went nuts and started shooting us. So we just gunned down every cop and snatched the list and booked it in the cop car, lost another wanted level, and didn't have to do the jerry can part.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Slim Killington posted:

Well we stole one off the street from 911, lost the wanted level, and every time we drove up to the station they all went nuts and started shooting us. So we just gunned down every cop and snatched the list and booked it in the cop car, lost another wanted level, and didn't have to do the jerry can part.
That's pretty funny, I would have assumed it'd fail the setup for alerting the police while at the station.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I started out trying to get the "kill 20 players" thing for the daily goals, and the 3 guys i was using for it kept coming at me, so i ended up just going on a loving rampage.

spent probably 50 grand on insurance for their vehicles, and $20k in ammo, but it was so much fun.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Los Santos with the lights off

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

imagine lights out deathmatch. full city, no lights, no hud.

All it takes is one loving pubbie

Powershift fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Mar 16, 2015

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Now all the city needs is flares.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

I don't know why I didn't consider this, but it turns out you can stop by an ammu-nation during the Prison Break heist as the prisoner to pick up weapons, making things much easier. You'll have to rebuy them though, repeatedly if you end up restarting. I don't know if it saves bought weapons if you buy them before the checkpoint though.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Slim Killington posted:

I managed to do that by just going directly to the Police Station where the schedule is. Bypassed the entire steal/destroy Police Cruiser part of the mission.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I really hope that's something you can do every time.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

the last time we did it, we couldn't go near the police station without getting a star and getting shot at. We ended up just shooting in/shooting out.

Can somebody on PS4 quickly help me get the capture-contend thing for my dailies?

edit: awesome gibbed, thanks

Powershift fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Mar 16, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

santanotreal posted:

Now all the city needs is flares.

You can buy a flare gun now. Have fun.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Uh, apparently on the final getaway of the last heist, once you're through the tunnel you can skip every checkpoint in the mountain and ride straight to the boat. I have no confirmation but I'd really like to try tomorrow if anyone's feeling experimenty.

Oh also the musket takes the doors off an armored Kuruma in one shot, :lol:

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Mar 16, 2015

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

hiddenriverninja posted:

If it's prison break - station, then they're glitching the cop uniform into free roam.

Yeah, I just realized this. gently caress, why couldn't they discover this glitch after I'd got past this mission.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Fun times tonight with heist 4. And since someone requested Trevor raping me with his red in a cutscene, I included it as well.

http://youtu.be/wJ1870wfkAw

Failing missions had no right being that fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyUo2C5sSQ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyYvkR9lUmg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePY4JEzZztM

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I always miss the good stuff

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums

geeves posted:

:sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lh0ZhF8ieU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaYRnIWapi8

After we cleared the decks, we checked out the control tower. I need someone in there so we can do a fly-by.

Baahahahaha. That was an excellent evening. I'd been drinking rum all day so hey, amazing I was even that useful.

I had no idea that we were actually even in the air until you started freefalling.

Rat Supremacy fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 16, 2015

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

T3hRen3gade posted:

Against all odds I just completed the EMP lab heist with a pubbie group. One of the guys was a legit awesome Aussie but the other two were 10-year-old neighbor friends trying to do Arnold Schwartzeneger impressions. Yep.

I'm TehRen3gade on Xbone, hit me up for heist shenanigans.

Same here, a bit. I was able to complete it since for once, it was lucky that the 8th grader on the team played the story in modern CoD. The sniper coordination is a must.

FoglyOgly
Sep 23, 2009
Hopping on PS4, gonna try for the second time to do some heists. PSN: LexykXV

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I think we need to make a Rockstar Support Ticket regarding the Flare Gun: "20 rounds isn't enough, I have to stop every ten minutes or so to get more flares, please up the number to at least 100."

The few moments after we leave an ammunation and all get into an armored car to go look for pubbies is always a magical, flare-filled time. Looks like loving carnivale coming down the street in an assault vehicle that is incredibly broken. The number of times a pubbie has tried to blow up my Insurgent while it's bearing down on them and the explosion kills them instead is approaching the dozens.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Rat Supremacy posted:

Baahahahaha. That was an excellent evening. I'd been drinking rum all day so hey, amazing I was even that useful.

I had no idea that we were actually even in the air until you started freefalling.

"I'd been drinking rum all day". Is this what you're going to tell the families of the hostages you mowed down with the minigun before leaving the bank?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I wish heist invites indicated somehow if it was someone from your crew sending the invite or just a pubbie.

I'd be more inclined to join one of the 30 invites I get every 5 minutes if I knew I was playing with goons rather than ending up with three mute pubbies.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'm hoping some enterprising soul will put out a heist group finding tool like the destiny raid websites.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I was busy this weekend, I hope that the novelty of heists won't wear off before I get a chance to join in. Definitely doesn't help that there are few of us left on PS3.

Slim Killington posted:

Oh also the musket takes the doors off an armored Kuruma in one shot, :lol:

Holy gently caress. I love how powerful that is, but at some point I lost mine and I don't even know how. Any way to get it back?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Rat Supremacy posted:

I'd been drinking rum all day

That explains so much about the prison break

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

omg chael crash posted:

I always miss the good stuff

Yes. Yes you do. I don't know why you haven't learned better by now. When the band gets together, something fun will happen. But you? You wanna do a line of coke and go back to the hotel alone while the rest of us are rocking out a killer set and loading up on drugs and chicks and poo poo.

Yes, I am becoming my character.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

TheDarkFlame posted:

I was busy this weekend, I hope that the novelty of heists won't wear off before I get a chance to join in. Definitely doesn't help that there are few of us left on PS3.

Holy gently caress. I love how powerful that is, but at some point I lost mine and I don't even know how. Any way to get it back?

There's still a group of us on PS3 doing heists. We kinda jump around what one we do each night so far. Feel free to add me (should be same name as forums) as I will be on all week doing heists occasionally. We are generally on starting at 7pm or 8pm central time.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
I just wanna do heists man, anybody playing on xbone?

GT: ithecho84

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

santanotreal posted:

There's still a group of us on PS3 doing heists. We kinda jump around what one we do each night so far. Feel free to add me (should be same name as forums) as I will be on all week doing heists occasionally. We are generally on starting at 7pm or 8pm central time.

Sorry I never responded last night. I ended up doing a midterm until like.... 10:30.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Yes. Yes you do. I don't know why you haven't learned better by now. When the band gets together, something fun will happen. But you? You wanna do a line of coke and go back to the hotel alone while the rest of us are rocking out a killer set and loading up on drugs and chicks and poo poo.

Let us help you Lasagna Man.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

I literally am my character. Tight pants and pretense and everything

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Also, I had to put on my Tapout shirt and watch UFC and push nerds like computer-guy into a locker.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ACTION MOVIE SCENE

(sorry it's so dark)

Let me explain:

modernvillain ramped the boat off the stern of the yacht and launched me onto the deck where i proceed to AMERICA HELL YEAH

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 16, 2015

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I've been working on getting a more consistent way of saving the police uniforms. I found that playing the Adversary Mode -> Siege Mentality IV works the best. The player in the police uniform needs to enter a vehicle and drive it and then the player in the criminal costume leaves the rooftop to trigger the out of area timer. The match will end, and at the voting screen vote to go to free mode.

Every time I have done this and started a capture from quick jobs, I have appeared in either the police or criminal outfit. If it is the criminal outfit, don't change anything and wait for a second round if there is one. You will switch to the police uniform in that round. Switch glasses, finish and return to free roam. Save outfit at clothing store.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

If it's not patched out by Friday please help me get the cop uniform, I need it so I can steal a cop car and drive around and turn on the sirens and force pubbies to pull over

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I can just select a cop uniform from the outfit section of my closet. Is that not normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Reverse Centaur posted:

I can just select a cop uniform from the outfit section of my closet. Is that not normal?
No? What section?

• Locked thread