Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Rad Valtar posted:

Let us help you Lasagna Man.

You can be my wingman anytime, Val.

In fact, if you can comprehend this through your lovely corn rows and the drastic pressure they're putting on your brain, you and Gary need to come finish out Trevor's heist with us tonight and as a reward for when I take the full cut of the final, you can join us in the murder wagon for some pubbie death! Doesn't that sound delightful!?!

Doesn't it!?

I should be on--Along with Jay--around 8:30cst tonight is you's guys are down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

You can be my wingman anytime, Val.

In fact, if you can comprehend this through your lovely corn rows and the drastic pressure they're putting on your brain, you and Gary need to come finish out Trevor's heist with us tonight and as a reward for when I take the full cut of the final, you can join us in the murder wagon for some pubbie death! Doesn't that sound delightful!?!

Doesn't it!?

I should be on--Along with Jay--around 8:30cst tonight is you's guys are down.

I work nights so I won t be home until after 10 est. Ill be on late if you guys are still playing.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Post your ugliest car :colbert:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Paging Pootbarn.

Post them all

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I'm hoping some enterprising soul will put out a heist group finding tool like the destiny raid websites.

I was tempted to do this. But then I realized it would require thought and work. So I decided against it for the time being.

Edit: There is an OP with a big list of players so people just need to be a little proactive and add some goons as friends and not rely on crew members at the moment (then join our party chats, a lot happens there, except gary since he NATs out all the time - and he's our best pilot.) Through this you'll get to know other goons rather easily. I realize the form in the OP is flawed and missing a vital question: aside from timezone, what time is a player commonly online. Just because someone's Eastern doesn't mean they aren't playing at 1 or 2am that aligns with the west coast crowd.

With 450+ crew members and no indicator on the phone mission / heist invite that they are a crew member does suck. :/

Also question: how big are Destiny raids? I would see it being very useful for a bunch of players, but heists are only 4 and can fill up quickly.

geeves fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 16, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

gibbed posted:

No? What section?

"Outfits." Maybe triggered by doing the heist where you dress up as cops? I hosted it.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Songbearer posted:

Post your ugliest car :colbert:

How about post your Kuruma?

Matte desert tan with offroad tires.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Im bitter about the only way to advance heists is for you to be the leader. It pretty much leads to the situation where there are tons of people who want to start heists, but no one wants to participate in them.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

HiriseSoftware posted:

I like that. I may steal that idea.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
I'm kind of surprised at the number of people complaining at the lack of finding people to heist with.

Since this dropped, I've had no shortage of opportunities to both play other people's heists as well as host my own with plenty of people ready to jump in if there's room. And I'm a "half-wit man child" who makes lovely races and pisses off the un-fun crew members like crazy.

Point is.. there should be plenty of options to find goons who'll play. I've worked days and nights and never had a problem in finding some classy goons to run with and cause death with.

Now.. whether they like fun or serious business is another question entirely..

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Slim Killington posted:

Uh, apparently on the final getaway of the last heist, once you're through the tunnel you can skip every checkpoint in the mountain and ride straight to the boat. I have no confirmation but I'd really like to try tomorrow if anyone's feeling experimenty.

Oh also the musket takes the doors off an armored Kuruma in one shot, :lol:

I'm down to ride* again!

*fail miserably

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I've managed to play about five different missions from three different heists so far, briefly ran into Freshprince420, got dropped a few times, now I'm waiting in a lobby with one other guy, and have been for at least ten minutes now.

How does progress for Heists actually work, anyway?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

TheDarkFlame posted:

I've managed to play about five different missions from three different heists so far, briefly ran into Freshprince420, got dropped a few times, now I'm waiting in a lobby with one other guy, and have been for at least ten minutes now.

How does progress for Heists actually work, anyway?

You have to be the leader for the heist to actually count for you. But I think you get unlocks for simply completing the heists.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
About to do Prison Break set-up on PS4 if anyone is around. Name is yo420rulz. Just bought a mic. Add me.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

You have to be the leader for the heist to actually count for you. But I think you get unlocks for simply completing the heists.

This is accurate. If you want to advance your own storyline of heists you have to host. To unlock anything like vehicles, you merely have to be a participant in the relevant heist missions.

I haven't had too much issue filling up heists but mostly because I join other goons instead of hosting.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

blackguy32 posted:

Im bitter about the only way to advance heists is for you to be the leader. It pretty much leads to the situation where there are tons of people who want to start heists, but no one wants to participate in them.

If you do the finale for each heist then you get the option of replay any of them. I can relaunch all of them but I've not been the leader of all of them.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

blackguy32 posted:

Once you've been through them all in any capacity, it counts as being done with all of them and you can re-host any heist you want. You only have to host to get rid of Lester's phone call(s) about the next heist, and even then you only have to host the final one.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Jeff Wiiver posted:

About to do Prison Break set-up on PS4 if anyone is around. Name is yo420rulz. Just bought a mic. Add me.

Added - I'm Snappy_Sam. On for the next couple of hours for heisting (with a mic!)

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

I'm kind of surprised at the number of people complaining at the lack of finding people to heist with.

Since this dropped, I've had no shortage of opportunities to both play other people's heists as well as host my own with plenty of people ready to jump in if there's room. And I'm a "half-wit man child" who makes lovely races and pisses off the un-fun crew members like crazy.

Point is.. there should be plenty of options to find goons who'll play. I've worked days and nights and never had a problem in finding some classy goons to run with and cause death with.

Now.. whether they like fun or serious business is another question entirely..

My problem is I usually don't get on until late and everyone already has their groups full.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

HiriseSoftware posted:

quit dressing like me

Is there any real point in hosting the Heists other than "filling out the quest line" so Lester stops calling you about it? You seem to unlock vehicles and whatnot even if you're not the host so I'm not really clear on value being the host has

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

geeves posted:

I was tempted to do this. But then I realized it would require thought and work. So I decided against it for the time being.

Edit: There is an OP with a big list of players so people just need to be a little proactive and add some goons as friends and not rely on crew members at the moment (then join our party chats, a lot happens there, except gary since he NATs out all the time - and he's our best pilot.) Through this you'll get to know other goons rather easily. I realize the form in the OP is flawed and missing a vital question: aside from timezone, what time is a player commonly online. Just because someone's Eastern doesn't mean they aren't playing at 1 or 2am that aligns with the west coast crowd.

With 450+ crew members and no indicator on the phone mission / heist invite that they are a crew member does suck. :/

Also question: how big are Destiny raids? I would see it being very useful for a bunch of players, but heists are only 4 and can fill up quickly.

Destiny raids are only 6, the advantage is finding people who A) want to do the content and B) Aren't braindead.

That and bypassing destiny's complete lack of endgame matchmaking at the time.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

My problem is I usually don't get on until late and everyone already has their groups full.

Same for me, especially when I'm hosting.

OnimaruXLR posted:

quit dressing like me

Is there any real point in hosting the Heists other than "filling out the quest line" so Lester stops calling you about it? You seem to unlock vehicles and whatnot even if you're not the host so I'm not really clear on value being the host has

As host you select the percentages for the final payout. You don't get any money for doing the set-up missions as host, so unless you're sitting on millions and want to divide 25/25/25/25, it gives you a chance to finally make some money back for your invested time (and to recoup your initial setup payment).

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I'm glad there isn't any real risk as host, but doesn't the lack of risk from losing kinda negate having a setup cost?

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

HiriseSoftware posted:

Mine's forest. It's a good alternate. I have the same wheels too.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

santanotreal posted:

I'm glad there isn't any real risk as host, but doesn't the lack of risk from losing kinda negate having a setup cost?

I agree, the set-up cost is kind of pointless since you can keep replaying the final heist until you pass.

Which isn't guaranteed, if last night is any indication :v:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Destiny raids are only 6, the advantage is finding people who A) want to do the content and B) Aren't braindead.

Being brain dead is optional in Destiny, at least for the first raid. I had the expansion pass but sold it before trying the second raid. GTA requires more coordination.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Can you post a link to this? I'll at least check it out if I can. I assume it's a bit more in depth than "I want to host" or "I don't mind being a pleb" and actually sets a date / time for these things to happen?

Because
a) as you can see from the thread, you'll have no shortage of people to join.
b) well, most of us aren't, but it doesn't stop braindead poo poo from happening.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I've been trying to get through a single successful run of the trash mission in the series a heist for the past threeish days... I hate pubbies with such burning passion right now.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

i flunked out posted:

I've been trying to get through a single successful run of the trash mission in the series a heist for the past threeish days... I hate pubbies with such burning passion right now.

gently caress that mission. A single mishap and the whole thing starts over, no checkpoints.

chopbustabrown
Sep 14, 2011

I AM THE HEAT MISER
If this update has taught me anything it's that I'm pretty good at screwing things up:

http://youtu.be/sP6sqx3J2so

I think everyone survived that one and we managed to finish it!

This one was after a huge amount of failing and was the icing on the cake:

http://youtu.be/mgD1JV4LmiU

I've had a lot of fun so far playing with goons and friends, thanks for putting up with poo poo like this!!

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Just had a basically flawless Prison Heist run fail at the "fly back to the city" point because all the players suddenly dropped out at once. Flying along, almost home free, then suddenly the chopper just falls out of the sky into the mountain and all the players vanish. :(

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

HiriseSoftware posted:

I'm a Matte Olive Drab Man but I like the cut of your jib, goon. :hfive:

Yo, Slim and Otis and Malice you dudes wanna dick around and heist tonight? I shouldn't be home too late tonight for you not-Pacific-Daylight-Time'ers. Also whoever said there needs to be more that 20 flares at a time is spot on. I burn through those stupid things in no time. Also, there needs to be a Party Mix Gun that is just a random color every time you pull the trigger.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Slim Killington posted:

Just had a basically flawless Prison Heist run fail at the "fly back to the city" point because all the players suddenly dropped out at once. Flying along, almost home free, then suddenly the chopper just falls out of the sky into the mountain and all the players vanish. :(

So it wasn't just me. We were at the end! drat it, Rock Star

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Duke Chin posted:

I'm a Matte Olive Drab Man but I like the cut of your jib, goon. :hfive:

Yo, Slim and Otis and Malice you dudes wanna dick around and heist tonight? I shouldn't be home too late tonight for you not-Pacific-Daylight-Time'ers. Also whoever said there needs to be more that 20 flares at a time is spot on. I burn through those stupid things in no time. Also, there needs to be a Party Mix Gun that is just a random color every time you pull the trigger.

Yeah, I could do that. I was just gonna dick around and play Hotline Miami 2 and Japanese Vita games I can't read and shooting people in GTAO is probably a better time.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

chopbustabrown posted:

This one was after a huge amount of failing and was the icing on the cake:

http://youtu.be/mgD1JV4LmiU

I've had a lot of fun so far playing with goons and friends, thanks for putting up with poo poo like this!!

lmao A hero of Los Santos brought down by a scum redneck farmer.

shep
Aug 31, 2003

I am sad because I am stuck with no bacon in the middle of the ocean.
360 friends I am online for a while, come and save me from these white dots.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

shep posted:

360 friends I am online for a while, come and save me from these white dots.
Alright, let me leave this here so we try to move on to the next heist within the next week.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/11/gta-5-online-heists-guide-the-humane-labs-raid/5/

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah, I'm down. I also have been playing HLM2 but I play it during loading screens and between setups. :getin:

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted
So I haven't done any heists yet, and I'd like to get started. Add DocBonestron on ps4 if you'd like to help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I completed the first heist as host, through the help of a very patient pubbie - I kept loving up the circuit board thing.

Now on to bigger and better gently caress ups!

• Locked thread