Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

brylcreem posted:

I completed the first heist as host, through the help of a very patient pubbie - I kept loving up the circuit board thing.

Now on to bigger and better gently caress ups!

you cant possibly be worse than me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Slim Killington posted:

Yeah, I'm down. I also have been playing HLM2 but I play it during loading screens and between setups. :getin:

You can have them both loaded at the same time? Neat. Also the Carpenter Brut song they used in HL2M owns.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Frocious posted:

So I haven't done any heists yet, and I'd like to get started. Add DocBonestron on ps4 if you'd like to help!

I've added the following to the OP. I know it's a dense OP but I try to keep updated at least with every patch that's released or something very relevant happens. But the first few paragraphs are what really matters.

quote:

Please stop asking others to add you unless you have been specifically asked. Only because it will get lost in the thread not because I hate you. Instead, Be Proactive and add a few goons as friends from the above lists to help get started - feel free to start with me (DeadFor8Minutes). I suggest adding in your forums name and identify yourself as a goon. If you then see them join a party, join that party and at least introduce yourself / ask what's going on, there are a few of us who jump parties to see what the others are up to or just to chat a bit. Join Lasagna (most trustworthy goon), Jay - his true believer, literallygary - his herald (and best goon pilot), me and others to terrorize pubbies with the Insurgent (or on foot). You'll then initiated with Horse Factory and more likely asked to join heists, playlists, races, etc.

This is because not all invites to jobs (and heists) show that the invite is from a crew member. It sucks, but invites overall are buggy at the moment.

Don't have a mic or don't really talk that much? No problem! There's a few of us that just like to listen in as well.

For those of you still on previous gen, I added the forms from the archived thread - sorry I thought I had them in there already.

geeves fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 17, 2015

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Slim Killington posted:

I thought we figured all female backs looked like this since all of ours did. If you get a fix post it, I'd also like my back to not look like an old couch.

I got a reply from R*, they gave me access to the character creator. Just like when I was using the glitch, all damage / blemishes were set to none and opacity was turned down to 0. It didn't matter, still hosed up.

E-mailed these to them, will see what happens (nothing will happen)

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

titties posted:

I got a reply from R*, they gave me access to the character creator. Just like when I was using the glitch, all damage / blemishes were set to none and opacity was turned down to 0. It didn't matter, still hosed up.

It looks like your character has psoriasis.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can you put a disclaimer in the OP that I broke my hand today and my flying skills may see an 11 or 12 percent decline as a result? Thanks

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

Can you put a disclaimer in the OP that I broke my hand today and my flying skills may see an 11 or 12 percent decline as a result? Thanks

If it was your right hand, you have no excuse :colbert:

but seriously, that sucks

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Duke Chin posted:

You can have them both loaded at the same time? Neat. Also the Carpenter Brut song they used in HL2M owns.

Nah, my PS4's next to my PC.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I will be on tonight, after 11pm central, probably. Depends on the roommie I guess and when I decide to eat.
heists or not, not a big deal, I'm just down to clown.

Would anyone like to setup a time to actually try for some the major challenges like play heists 1-5 with the same team or try not and get damaged, or specifically hard only? Like a time and date with only cool people? I don't want it to be too serious, but I would like trying to do the heists with the same group, and I am still on the Fleeca bank one, after cancelling out of the prison one.

titties
May 10, 2012

Scyron posted:

Would anyone like to setup a time to actually try for some the major challenges like play heists 1-5 with the same team or try not and get damaged, or specifically hard only? Like a time and date with only cool people? I don't want it to be too serious, but I would like trying to do the heists with the same group, and I am still on the Fleeca bank one, after cancelling out of the prison one.

I plan to do this after I have completed 4 and 5 a couple more times and am confident with all the roles.

Hard mode, all-in-order, same group. If we can get a group of badasses together we will also do it in forced 1st-person. Heists 1-3 on the first day and the other 2 on the second.

I'll probably be ready to start next week.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

titties posted:

forced 1st-person

Just hold circle the entire time when flying other wise,,, gah.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

titties posted:

what up grandma

titties
May 10, 2012

geeves posted:

Just hold circle the entire time when flying other wise,,, gah.

Why? 1st-person flying is easier than 3rd except for landing the helicopter. You've still got the minimap to orient yourself.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Getting booted every 10 minutes for "unknown network errors." Happening to anyone else?

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted

geeves posted:

I've added the following to the OP. I know it's a dense OP but I try to keep updated at least with every patch that's released or something very relevant happens. But the first few paragraphs are what really matters.

For those of you still on previous gen, I added the forms from the archived thread - sorry I thought I had them in there already.

Thanks for the heads up. On another note, any ps4 fellas up for some rally style races tonight?

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Duke Chin posted:

I'm a Matte Olive Drab Man™ but I like the cut of your jib, goon. :hfive:

Yo, Slim and Otis and Malice you dudes wanna dick around and heist tonight? I shouldn't be home too late tonight for you not-Pacific-Daylight-Time'ers. Also whoever said there needs to be more that 20 flares at a time is spot on. I burn through those stupid things in no time. Also, there needs to be a Party Mix Gun that is just a random color every time you pull the trigger.

Sounds like a good time to work toward that loyalty bonus I've heard so much about.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

Please stop asking others to add you unless you have been specifically asked. Only because it will get lost in the thread not because I hate you. Instead, Be Proactive and add a few goons as friends from the above lists to help get started - feel free to start with me (DeadFor8Minutes). I suggest adding in your forums name and identify yourself as a goon. If you then see them join a party, join that party and at least introduce yourself / ask what's going on, there are a few of us who jump parties to see what the others are up to or just to chat a bit. Join Lasagna (most trustworthy goon), Jay - his true believer, literallygary - his herald (and best goon pilot), me and others to terrorize pubbies with the Insurgent (or on foot). You'll then initiated with Horse Factory and more likely asked to join heists, playlists, races, etc.

This is because not all invites to jobs (and heists) show that the invite is from a crew member. It sucks, but invites overall are buggy at the moment.

Don't have a mic or don't really talk that much? No problem! There's a few of us that just like to listen in as well.

All good advice. Also, if you're not in a party, but still have crew members in your game session of free roam, be sure to enable crew chat (or crew & friends). Some of us don't always listen to the complete server because listening to 10 year olds get grounded over PSN or XBL is only funny a couple of times.
Plus pubbies are terrible human beings, for the most part.

Also, if you're mic-less, and in a heist, or other group activity, it's probably a good idea to shoot a message to someone in the party and let them know, it'll make communications make sense if they at least know you're listening to them, if unable to speak back.

And on that subject, almost any new set of earbuds for cellphones will work for chat, if you got em, use em. Party chat sounds fairly good even on lovely buds. And it will make things 1000x easier when everyone can effectively communicate.

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008

Slim Killington posted:

Just had a basically flawless Prison Heist run fail at the "fly back to the city" point because all the players suddenly dropped out at once. Flying along, almost home free, then suddenly the chopper just falls out of the sky into the mountain and all the players vanish. :(

Yeah, that was fun because we had about 5 seconds of flying left.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Aardmania, what do you suppose the literally first parked vehicle I saw was upon leaving my apartment?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Wee Bairns posted:

Aardmania, what do you suppose the literally first parked vehicle I saw was upon leaving my apartment?

A car full of pubbies that was on fire? Or was it the elusive Weazel News van that we spent hours looking for last night?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

santanotreal posted:

gently caress that mission. A single mishap and the whole thing starts over, no checkpoints.

While it is tough, some of the poo poo ive seen pubbies do in that mission is infuriating. I've had like 90% of my run throughs failed because some idiot thought he could take on a huge group of vagos, left me to do all of the collecting, and died almost immediately.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Aardmania posted:

A car full of pubbies that was on fire? Or was it the elusive Weazel News van that we spent hours looking for last night?

WEZL van RIGHT OUTSIDE. After all that searching.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

How rare are those? I found one about a month ago and immediately insured it and parked it in my garage

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

titties posted:

I plan to do this after I have completed 4 and 5 a couple more times and am confident with all the roles.

Hard mode, all-in-order, same group. If we can get a group of badasses together we will also do it in forced 1st-person. Heists 1-3 on the first day and the other 2 on the second.

I'll probably be ready to start next week.

While I have no idea how much experience I will have with those, I feel I can follow instructions well and can communicate well enough to ask questions when need be, since I am not mic shy. My only fear is running out of body armor, since I use it whenever possible, %50 health, then eat my ecolas asap. That isn't to say I haven't hosed up quite a bit of times with goons and with some kind of funny results, but I assure you I will never repeat the same mistake.

Also, recently on a run with Samuraipaul an ammu-nation clerk killed me for no reason on hard, other than saying he didn't appreciate my company, literally seconds after the other 2 ground crew members of prison heist, left his store, as I drove up, when I entered.

edit; oh more to the topic, the two people that would join in this 4 player party would probably have to do Fleeca together in the same manner, as to make it all count, on all ends?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Is it better to get the hydra or the savage?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I thought the hydra was bad, but it turns out R on D-pad makes it into a lazer, sort of. So, there is that. I have no idea with the savage, or the other heli.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Savage is an insane gunship funship but weak in armour, I think it's going to get buffed. Hydra can hover so and do some Jet fun action but cannot spam rockets to the same degree and it lacks the mega-minigun, and costs an additional million.

Savage on missions is nuts. Savage in lobbies where pubbies are too thick to pull out launchers is nuts. It also carries four people. Just gotta be a bit aware of its bounding box when moving about.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Rebel glitch has been hotfixed, but there's another workaround that nets a slightly lower $28k now.

Now you go to Wheels, SUV, Chrome, and buy the Sunrise for around $8k.
Then change to Offroad, Chrome, and change to whatever the free set is now.

Lame, but better than nothing if you need money quick.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

How rare are those? I found one about a month ago and immediately insured it and parked it in my garage

Depends on the session, I would guess. We spent more than an hour looking for them, trying to get them to spawn, but no dice.
My first spawn tonight was one.

It's moddable, but it's still a shitbox.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Settign the bank manager on fire with the flare gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEHTJPSQOZ4

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Slim Killington posted:

Rebel glitch has been hotfixed, but there's another workaround that nets a slightly lower $28k now.

Now you go to Wheels, SUV, Chrome, and buy the Sunrise for around $8k.
Then change to Offroad, Chrome, and change to whatever the free set is now.

Lame, but better than nothing if you need money quick.

I like that these glitches are all made possible by the fact that Rockstar decided to price gouge the gently caress out of players on chrome rimes. I'm gonna laugh if they just end up accepting defeat and lowering the price on all chrome rim sets.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Slim Killington posted:

Just had a basically flawless Prison Heist run fail at the "fly back to the city" point because all the players suddenly dropped out at once. Flying along, almost home free, then suddenly the chopper just falls out of the sky into the mountain and all the players vanish. :(

I was the host on that one, saw the same thing. gently caress you Rockstar, god dammit.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Scyron posted:

I thought the hydra was bad, but it turns out R on D-pad makes it into a lazer, sort of. So, there is that. I have no idea with the savage, or the other heli.

The Hydra makes for a really good air-to-ground combat vehicle, with the caveat that it takes a little warming up. It can't go from 0-to-60 like the Lazer can, but as soon as you switch out of VTOL mode and let it run for a little while then it makes for a good ground trolling machine. I've found that the Hydra's increased weight and slower turning radius lets you get a better bead on moving targets, when the Lazer's FPS view freaked out at the slightest twitch. It takes a little getting used to, compared to the Lazer, but I'm finding it worth the 3 million dollar price tag although I wish I could get one easier than driving all the way out to the Pegasus airport helipads. They really should make that available at more Pegasus locations, like the one at the docks. Overall, I haven't really changed up much on the way I attack people with it. It's slower so you might hear the Homing Launcher lock-on sound every now and then but once the Hydra's warmed up it's nothing to really be concerned about, it can hit the 10-20 altitude pretty quick.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I love the real strafing ability, over any of the helis. I've done a few where I am not aware of the right side, and will be going full speed right (let's assume east) but I can totally track and shoot at the target just north of me, in parallel with no issue on hitting the target. My thing is just how much "right" I can go, before blowing up, due to unseen obstacles. This is less an issue in the desert, and country-side.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

they fixed the latest rebel glitch so there's a new one:

quote:

1.) Take your vehicle to LSC.
2.) Go to wheels -> SUV -> Chrome and purchase the Sunrise wheels for $8125.
3.) Back out, go to wheels -> Offroad -> Chrome and you'll see the "Challenger" wheels have been bought.
4.) SELL!!

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
another day passes, and i still haven't beaten this goddamn trash mission. worst pubbie of the day was the guy who threw a tantrum that someone else started driving away from a trash pickup. he got out and wouldnt get in the garbage truck then eventually killed himself and left the voting screen after sending the rest of us messages that called us fags.

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!
As soon as I got into a freeroam lobby tonight I was texted "hey want to sex ;)". I replied yes, and rolled on over to the guy who got out of his car just in time for me to barrel down on him in my lime green/chrome Insurgent, horn blaring, absolutely demolishing him. This thing is loving ridiculous. I took out a tank without worry, then got hit by 2 RPGs before running the guy over. Total repairs: $450. Also got the Hydra, takes me back to my San Andreas days. Gotta get the hang of it though, I tried strafing a street and switching to hover mode and promptly plunked into the ground and exploded in front of two pubbies. That was embarrassing.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I miss the analog controls for how much vertical/horizontal you set on the thrust from the old Hydra.

That toggle for VTOL or toggle for forward flight is whackass lazy buuuuuuuuuuuuullshit. Super disappointing.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I've noticed more WEZL vans while driving the Insurgent, might've been a coincidence. Went on a rampage in the Insurgent with a few goons a couple nights ago, got it stuck behind a house in Vinewood Hills and it ended up getting impounded when the cops shot me. This happened while I was stealing one of those vans to go get the Insurgent back from the impound lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQAVNOeYmLk

Really wish I had a video of a multi-colored flare firing vehicle flying down the boulevard but I forgot to save that video I guess. Also my count for pubbies that have tried to blow up the Insurgent only to get squashed by it or blown up by their own poo poo in the process is nearing 30. You can really sense the desperation they have after they've already hit you with a few rockets and you're still coming. One guy did set a trap once, was doing stuff in a parking garage and when I followed him in there were several remote mines awaiting me. Congratulations! You get to pay the 16k deductible, good job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What's so important about the WEZL vans?

• Locked thread