Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

When it comes to Iowa athletics, I have found that it's best for my health to expect the absolute worst and be pleasantly surprised if anything good at all happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I hope Aaron White finds you and dunks on you.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Me too, then I can ask him to show me his full chest tattoo, because I really want to know how ridiculously bad it is! (Aaron White is still the man though)

edit: apparently it's this:

quote:

The other tattoo — which slightly peeks out of his uniform along his right chest muscle — is a staircase going through clouds, along with the names Deborah (Mom), and Helen and Susie (his grandmothers).

His mother is still alive, so I think I'm allowed to make fun of that.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 17, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
haha yeah I was looking for the article so I could post it. He's super jesusy, apparently.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I have Gonzaga going unreasonably far. This shall be the death of me, I'm sure. Well, that, and over-valuing Maryland.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Entered my bracket as gently caress duke

I have them losing in the first round

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Bless you, child.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Probably Magic posted:

Bless you, child.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Duke becomes the first No. 1 seed to lose in the first round I will never, ever stop laughing

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Benne posted:

If Duke becomes the first No. 1 seed to lose in the first round I will never, ever stop laughing

That is not enough. You must sacrifice something very important if (for) this to happen

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Benne posted:

It will happen but then St. Johns will beat SDSU and I will be mad forever

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SA2K posted:

It will happen but then St. Johns will beat SDSU and I will be mad forever

At least your team actually made it

Remember when UW was going to Sweet 16s less than a decade ago :sigh:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Matey posted:

That is not enough. You must sacrifice something very important if (for) this to happen

The key is betting large sums of money on teams you want to lose.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Benne posted:

At least your team actually made it

Remember when UW was going to Sweet 16s less than a decade ago :sigh:

I remember losing to you idiots three months ago and blame our 8 seed directly on that

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SA2K posted:

I remember losing to you idiots three months ago and blame our 8 seed directly on that

It was supposed to be a good loss for you, promise! We were really headed places!

Then we poo poo the bed repeatedly over the next 3 months and now everyone involved looks awful.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Matey posted:

Getting into some Resurrecting Tinker Bell poo poo in here.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
In as basketBRAWL.

My bracket is boring, sucks, and only has like three upsets :geno:

WillKane
Feb 18, 2015

Nothing new under the sun.
It seems everybody is locking onto the same double digit teams to possibly get to the sweet 16: Texas, Davidson, BYU, Dayton. One of those may but another will likely be a complete dark horse.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WillKane posted:

It seems everybody is locking onto the same double digit teams to possibly get to the sweet 16: Texas, Davidson, BYU, Dayton. One of those may but another will likely be a complete dark horse.

I picked none of those :colbert:

(maybe I picked Dayton, idk, too lazy to look)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
davidson is a bunch of midget chumps who will be dunked on repeatedly and embarassed hth

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

davidson is a bunch of midget chumps who will be dunked on repeatedly and embarassed hth

*has gross gangly, translucent white kid so white he's named white as star player*

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

*has gross gangly, translucent white kid so white he's named white as star player*

He is tall and does literally nothing but dunk on fools, this is not inconsistent with what I posted!

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
BYU is a fun choice, because they just love points.

And I still can't believe that Boise plays Dayton...in Dayton.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I think the WSJ got rid of the blind brackets thing they'd done the past few years, but now there's this: http://graphics.wsj.com/ncaa-madness-machine/

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I really liked the blind bracket, but I understand that it's probably more work than they wanted to put in.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Meltathon posted:

I really liked the blind bracket, but I understand that it's probably more work than they wanted to put in.

Last year's edition wasn't as good as years prior because it gave too many hints as to who the teams actually were.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
trying to see if i can do better than my 9th percentile last year. first percentile here I come!

(I have watched maybe 3 games this year and I'm only marginally aware that Kentucky is currently undefeated).

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

kayakyakr posted:

(I have watched maybe 3 games this year and I'm only marginally aware that Kentucky is currently undefeated).

oh god we're all going to get ruined, just hand the title to kayakyakr right now

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

hooray i'm not the only one

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I haven't taken a look at the bracket yet but I will pick an early exit for Duke, as I do every year.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
UNI is gonna do it. theyre gonna go real far.

source: my life and brain

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

JRizzle posted:

I think the WSJ got rid of the blind brackets thing they'd done the past few years, but now there's this: http://graphics.wsj.com/ncaa-madness-machine/

well i just ran this and it gave me cincy beating uk in the first weekend

a final four of gonzaga, buffalo, wisconsin, and oklahoma

gonzaga takes it all over wisconsin

the most improbable bracket of all time

e: i wasn't horsing around with this thing, either. those are the factors i wanted.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 18, 2015

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Abel Wingnut posted:

well i just ran this and it gave me cincy beating uk in the first weekend

a final four of gonzaga, buffalo, wisconsin, and oklahoma

gonzaga takes it all over wisconsin

the most improbable bracket of all time

e: i wasn't horsing around with this thing, either. those are the factors i wanted.
I don't know what it sees in Buffalo, honestly. I ran it a bunch of times and Buffalo got there just as often as Kentucky.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I don't know what it sees in Buffalo, honestly. I ran it a bunch of times and Buffalo got there just as often as Kentucky.

It's because they're coached by megachampion Bobby Hurley obvi

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected
In as Cayuts (Arizona ones)

Somehow ended up with a Kentucky, Arizona, Oklahoma, and Utah F4. Probably because I'm a huge P12 homer. Arizona wins, of course

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MourningView posted:

Duke, although I think Gonzaga could give them issues too. Duke especially though. Their offense is even better and the defense is about a wash. Okafor is also a massive mismatch against ISU's front line. They don't have anyone who can come even close to checking him.

I haven't watched enough Gonzaga this year, but I feel that Iowa could give the Zags a real good game. Am I crazy?

I'm in this survivor pool where I have to choose teams to win and then I can't choose them again, which is a lot more difficult than it sounds like. Because ultimately I have to pick teams that I think will win but won't win much more than that, and I chose Gonzaga in the first weekend as I don't see them in the Final Four, I have a difficult time seeing them going far really.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

JRizzle posted:

I got Villanova as champions.

Gross!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

In as Skip Baylichu's Hottest Take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

If you don't set Madness to the maximum level then you're doing it wrong. It obviously works because it keeps picking Wisconsin, and thinking that Wisconsin is winning anything sure is madness.

• Locked thread