Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
yes. starting in a few weeks.

the disc injuries were around a decade ago. fairly well scarred up now. it's the sporadic sciatic nerve that gets me from time to time after the last re-injury about 4 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
go for the health benefits, stay for the butts

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

krispykremessuck posted:

if they say fusion the only response is gently caress off

:(

Been telling them to gently caress of for years.

gently caress.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Zeris posted:

aren't you trying to hike the AT

There's a hiking equivalency to retard strength. I'll give you 3 guesses who's got it in spades darker than Memphis- but you'll only need one.

How else could he confidently rock those kicks.

:colbert:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
im glad my back and legs are only mildly hosed up, just need to watch how much heavy poo poo im picking up and how

all you guys with super hosed up backs are a bummer :smith:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Definitely gonna try some yoga and peep some butts.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

im glad my back and legs are only mildly hosed up, just need to watch how much heavy poo poo im picking up and how

all you guys with super hosed up backs are a bummer :smith:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

my back isnt too horrible, thankfully enough. Though i did fall tailbone first onto my basement stairs back in december and it's only now starting to feel normal again

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
rucking didn't do me in, falling down a ladder in ffe w/ scba and a nfti did. prolly looked like an 80 y/o bag lady goin rear end over teakettle down that bitch tryin not to break the $30k piece of poo poo in my right hand. still fought the fire

also hiking is p. good for my back nowadays as long as I don't try to do like 20 miles in a day w/ 40lbs

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

Highly trained by the US military at expedient semen processing.
I loving hate life right now. Wife hates me, school is stupid hard, but my daughter loves me so at least I got that going for me.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
^ Holy gently caress are you me?

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
Yeah back pain blows.

And knee pain.

Being a turret gunner in Afghanistan sucks because the terrain is so uneven you get launched into the air on the reg. While I didn't care as much weight as grunts on foot patrol (only had flak, kevlar, and 120-150 rounds on me at any given time - M16 and gear was carried by the truck woo), imagine being launched up in the air from 1' to 4' at unexpected intervals and often at angles (i.e. not straight up and down) over and over again.

poo poo wears you down quick.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

my wrists sound like a loving gravel crusher and my knees click like a nun trying to keep a row of rear end in a top hat children in line during catechism.

Holy poo poo, we are the same person

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

Highly trained by the US military at expedient semen processing.

Ogrel72 posted:

^ Holy gently caress are you me?

Idk man, are you worried your wife is going to spring an attorney on you one week and loving your brains out the next. Do you have 2 tests, 2 papers due this week, and do you have a three year old who likes to tell you that she wants to play kitties and that anything I say is a great idea.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
A dude in my company got his foot cut off for the dumbest reason ever. He was fat, didn't tie his boots and broke his ankle getting off a vehicle. Some retard mechanic hosed with his foot for some reason before the casevac which probably caused a ton of nerve damage. Then he got to Al-Asad or Kuwait and didn't receive prompt medical care. Due to the pain, he ended up not able to wear a sock, much less walk, for 2 years before they cut it off. Now all he does is play golf and get fatter so it can't be that bad.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
fat people and golf both suck poo poo so that guy is the worst

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

He seems to enjoy being fat and playing golf.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

this thread is more depressing than e/n.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

No poo poo.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Stroking my beard right now. Don't have to get up before dawn. Gonna spend most of tomorrow working on car. Life is good.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Season 2 of Danger 5 is better than the first. Show owns.

hahahahaha

is it available anywhere online other than :filez:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

HClChicken posted:

Idk man, are you worried your wife is going to spring an attorney on you one week and loving your brains out the next. Do you have 2 tests, 2 papers due this week, and do you have a three year old who likes to tell you that she wants to play kitties and that anything I say is a great idea.

Yes to the first, no to the second, and third. Trying to get financial aid lined up for my daughter who starts college this fall.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

this thread is more depressing than e/n.

I'm hosed up real bad but I get the fat government disney disability stacks so I'm in australia right now so suck my dick thanks for reading suckers.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

no back pain, no lactose intolerance, no meds required to keep me alive, no interactions with the VA at all.
i think the last one is whats keeping me from the 1st three things.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

On a more positive note I never thought I'd say this but let's talk about cooking. Now that I'm a big boy I've actually come to enjoy it and have slowly been building up my kitchen. Love my cast iron skillets and am trying to learn how to use the properly and see what all I can make

Also crockpots rule

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

On a more positive note I never thought I'd say this but let's talk about cooking. Now that I'm a big boy I've actually come to enjoy it and have slowly been building up my kitchen. Love my cast iron skillets and am trying to learn how to use the properly and see what all I can make

Also crockpots rule

I'm assuming you've gotten the basics of cast iron cooking down as far as steak (ribeye/strip/etc) as well as stuff like blackened chicken, but give skirt steak a try. Give it a simple dry rub (salt/pepper/some cumin and maybe some paprika and/or onion powder) and then toss it in the skillet on medium-high heat with a bit of olive oil for 4-5 minutes a side, congratulations you've got fajitas or the like. Just make sure you cut in thin strips against the grain, post-cooking. If you want to do things right, put the skillet on high heat before you do the steaks and heat the tortillas 10-15 seconds a side, fajitas will be infinitely better. I cooked skirt steak for the first time in a while tonight and realized how I'd forgotten how good it is.

For your next cooking implement I'd recommend a ceramic coated cast iron dutch oven...useful for stews/tagines/etc. A little bit of olive oil on medium heat to brown the meat (recommend a fatty cut like chuck roast, cubed, or lamb if you're feeling adventurous), followed by dumping your stew ingredients in along with some broth, cover, and cook/stew on low/low-medium heat on the stovetop. An hour or two later you've got deliciousness. If you've feeling adventurous go for a more mediterranean influence and toss in some preserved lemons and (cooked separately previously) chickpeas along with some cinnamon and coriander along with a healthy dose of garlic.

If you go that route let me know, I've got a tagine recipe that will knock your socks off.

e: I forgot, if you want some crockpot ruleage, do crockpot carnitas. Seriously the best ratio of anything I cook as far as least effort/most deliciousness. Get a decent cut of pork (people will say use a butt roast but I've found better results with a center cut boneless pork loin), do a decent dry rub (cumin/salt/pepper/paprika/oregano/annato/cayenne/red pepper/onion powder/garlic powder/coriander, maybe a little basil if you want some punch or chipotle powder if you want smokiness) all over the pork, toss in crock pot with a medium sized sliced onion, cook on high for 6 hrs. When done cooking pull pork out (it'll be frying in its own juices), put on broiling type pan, and take two forks to pull. Pull pork sufficiently and broil. Use the tortilla cast iron heating method described above and serve with chopped cilantro and appropriate hot sauce (recommend cholula) as well as chopped onions if that's your thing.

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 17, 2015

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
If mountain fairy and the Creeping Jew of Appalachia are coming thru Asheville gimme a holler, I'm staying here thru march 27.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

iyaayas01 posted:

hahahahaha

is it available anywhere online other than :filez:

Netflix son

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I thought all of us were broken...

On the plus side I got a letter last week that tells me the VA is still reviewing my disability request. So they haven't lost the paper work.

I get back pay right? Because im thinking 11-12 years (depending on how long the "review" takes) is going to be :homebrew:

If it gets me a house in Indiana, Ill be happy.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

You'll get back pay dated to the day after you separated, provided you started your disability claim within 1 year of getting out. I ended up getting like 13 months of backpay, and it was loving glorious :stare: :getin:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Crock pot chili is one of my favorite recipes. Like half an hour of work, then clean up and let it go all day to get deliciousness in a bowl when you're done.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Genocide Tendency posted:

I thought all of us were broken...

On the plus side I got a letter last week that tells me the VA is still reviewing my disability request. So they haven't lost the paper work.

I get back pay right? Because im thinking 11-12 years (depending on how long the "review" takes) is going to be :homebrew:

If it gets me a house in Indiana, Ill be happy.

Indiana is the worst place ever.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Master Bateman posted:

Pennsylvania is the worst place ever.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Master Bateman posted:

Indiana is the worst place ever.

No. Illinois is worse, sorry.

Besides, I'm fairly certain Mississippi is the worst. I mean, they're #1 at being #50 in the country at everything else.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Michigan's okay. I've lived worse places.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Michigan's okay. I've lived worse places.

Michigan is fine if you're in towns above 15K people and below 200K. Really same can be said for Arizona, Colorado, Tennessee and most of New England

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Master Bateman posted:

this gay earth is the worst place ever.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Went to lunch with my dad, realized I accidentally wore a green sweatshirt. gently caress the Irish.

• Locked thread