Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Todd's back! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusFists
Feb 14, 2005

ong-time listener, first-time caller.

Vicki got another singing gig! Good for her. Also roffles @ slenderman

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Ahaha oh my god drunk Greendale

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
drat, Yvette looks good

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I guess they didn't fix Garrett, holy poo poo.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
Love that they still put the NBC logo on that promo. Not going to let them off easy I see. Strange that there were no Yahoo jokes, maybe that's next week.

Pretty solid premiere, maybe a little heavy on the meta-montages, but its nice to be back.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

PostNouveau posted:

drat, Yvette looks good

Hope Yahoo Screen has room for another show.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What the gently caress, Garrett.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

I really like quietly insane Chang. Makes a nice change of pace to explosive mad Chang.

e: Oh my god, Britta's attempts at the Troy and Abed handshake.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The ending to the first episode was great.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Loving Keith David already

Wanna watch that Portuguese Gremlins

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 17, 2015

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

"Jimmy Fallon syndrome"

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Show gives no gently caress because it doesn't have anymore to give or a network to care and it owns.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Somebody fund Hard Drive & Wing Man.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

These were great episodes. They were really funny, but it was cool to see that the show seemingly has a real budget again. Everything production wise looked a lot more professional.

I know it's not at all likely, but I'd love to see more of Shirley's spinoff from time to time.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Like, I knew YNB lost a ton of weight but holy poo poo

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
I thought these two episodes were really funny. I can't wait to see the ways in which goons will explain to me that they were terrible.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Death By The Blues posted:

Well gently caress its region blocked.
:smith:

Please tell me when there is a way to watch the show for the rest of us.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
They're building worlds within worlds.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
The non-zero amount of Garrett isn't ideal but the rest is cool so far.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
"Greendale Computery College" is my new favorite Community sight gag.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Knee High Mischief rules.

I jumped on this bandwagon a month ago, and I'm so happy I did. This is probably one of my favorite shows now.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
"You're back, Troy!" lmfao

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

SIgned up to Stan (Australian VoD service) just to watch this, don't regret it. Those episodes were great, felt very much like older episodes.

Also as someone who has been playing around with VR a bit lately I really want to try that crazy rear end operating system.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Weirdly enough, I can get the episode running on my computer (choppily) just fine. But I tried to watch it on my 360 through the yahoo screen app and its not up yet there.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015

Senor Tron posted:

SIgned up to Stan (Australian VoD service) just to watch this, don't regret it. Those episodes were great, felt very much like older episodes.

Also as someone who has been playing around with VR a bit lately I really want to try that crazy rear end operating system.

Even given the fact that Australians can just stream them on Yahoo? Stan seems to have a decent range of TV regardless, so I don't think signing up was a bad decision. I'm just surprised that we weren't excluded this time.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Leonard's flashback was fantastic.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

In It For The Tank posted:

"You guys ever hear of The Slenderman?"

They give shout outs to 4chan and reddit but not SA. Even tumblr gets a mention. :crossarms:

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

They give shout outs to 4chan and reddit but not SA. Even tumblr gets a mention. :crossarms:

SA is not relevant compared to those sites dude. Maybe in 2004. We're the geezers who still read the newspaper and send snail mail out of habit. (Yes I know Slenderman started here)

New episodes were ok. First episode was pretty funny, the opening and Leonard flashback was great and the montage jokes were funny even if that's hardly new territory. Also laughed at "this sandwich is a crushing blow to gender stereotypes" and "that's how you're going to increase sales, creative notes?"

Second episode I just couldn't get into. The virtual reality bit dragged on wayyyy too long and was unfunny except for Dean's Die Hard "quote"... guess I'm not the target audience for another VR lampoon. As for the other story, I guess they were trying to sell "Britta at rock bottom" but it wasn't serious enough to be emotional nor was it crazy enough to laugh at.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

The first episode was legit awesome.

The second...not so much.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

"Didn't VR go out in the 90s? The last people I saw using it were in the Honeycomb Hideout."

I enjoyed both shows. And I hope Leonard and Garrett are plotting something evil. Some kind of 'revenge of the secondary characters' angle maybe.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I'm not complaining as much as checking but is the quality of the streaming kinda lacklustre for anyone else?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Montage to everyone in the thread getting as drunk as they want!

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dugong posted:

I'm not complaining as much as checking but is the quality of the streaming kinda lacklustre for anyone else?

Yeah, I had that as well. I couldn't watch on my computer, the video constantly paused and I would have to refresh to get it to play again. On my phone it worked perfectly though.

Really enjoyed the new episodes, can't wait to see what the rest of the season will bring.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

When Is It Okay To Shake A Baby?

... 101

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

4chan is what got created when SA purged a huge number of its pedophiles so it's sort of like they gave a shoutout to our demented cheeto-huffing son who lives in the basement, and that's something

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Nichael posted:

These were great episodes. They were really funny, but it was cool to see that the show seemingly has a real budget again. Everything production wise looked a lot more professional.

Except the touch screen on Shirley's Sandwiches ordering computer was literally just a printed piece of paper that was peeling up on one corner. I'm hoping that was a meta joke on Greendale's quality rather than a bad bit of prop.

It was jarring to see outside the school sets again. Very good though. So very good.

Edit: For what it's worth, I streamed it on a Roku and it looked HD with no lag or buffering. It's certainly not every stream that's got issues.

Mortanis fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 17, 2015

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Xelkelvos posted:

the joke of the reddit and 4chan mentions was chang was being a totally lame rear end in a top hat, not that he was making a super hip reference

You know, the guy who literally irl says "do you have stairs in your house???"

chang was being that guy

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I really enjoyed the random Eric Clapton song over the "Hard Drive and Wing Man" ad. Cracked me up.

Solid episodes, and probably the most I've laughed at the show in a good while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
First episode was really good, second was pretty awful, but I'm overall hopeful for S6.

Figure out what to do with Britta you guys or who the gently caress she is or something.

• Locked thread