Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

opus111 posted:

the best thing about that ep is that we're supposed to be on his side lmao.

The literal climax of the episode is Geordi screaming at her "BUT I'M A NICE GUY!!!"

I ain't even loving kidding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

dMastri posted:

As fellow betas how can you not relate

dont get me wrong I'd be banging digibabes all day but if one of the irl 3Ds I'd based one on found out Id be hosed shamed, not acting all offended by her clearly justified angry reaction.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

dMastri posted:

Best geordi moment is when enterprise designer was visiting ship and found his holo date rape sim starring her.

In one of the book series, her husband is killed in an accident and they end up getting together

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

mango sentinel posted:

It is not surprising since once they added her, she was the only character they actually wrote for.

That and the Doctor. I guess they figured those were the only two cast members who could actually act, so why not. Listening to Robert Beltram talk about his time on the show is hilarious. About how he was miserable and just kept asking for more money, hoping they would kick him off, but they just kept writing cheques.

Ok, someone post the picture of Robert Picardo getting annoyed with some autistic goon that pretty much told him all his cast-mates sucked. I can't find it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
oh. Did we talk about how Nelix had Kes as a love interest and that she was 5 years old?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I dunno who that weird Voyager dude with tufts of hair all over his head is but he's gross and makes me uncomfortable to look at. He looks like a character from that lovely comic strip The Piranha Club.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

What's really funny is that the producers of Voyager were convinced he was going to be the breakout character of the show, instead of being the ultimate Jar Jar of the franchise (although Wesley is way more well-known).

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

dMastri posted:

Best geordi moment is when enterprise designer was visiting ship and found his holo date rape sim starring her.

I also like when you find out Barclay has like ~my waifu~ versions of all of the female cast members in the holodeck in that one episode lol

also he has programmed in a wimpy version of Riker so he can beat up on him in virtual reality and feel superior

he is derelict in his duties on the ship for a while because he's spending so much time in there

Barclay is unquestionably the ultimate goon on the show

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
If TNG was on TV now there would be 4 more Wesley's to get the tween demographic.
And shittier looking models and CGI.

naem
May 29, 2011

If there were such thing as a holodeck I'd just never leave

Plus they have synthesizers so you could make and eat real food right in there, and when you poop in a holo toilet they could just beam it into space, why do anything but wallow in your own perverse fantasies like a fat hog

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

happyhippy posted:

If TNG was on TV now there would be 4 more Wesley's to get the tween demographic.
And shittier looking models and CGI.

it would be a high-concept dystopian tween sci-fi starring a bunch of generic former underwear models

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

hard counter posted:

I think pedos are attracted to trek because we go back to victorian-esque sexual repression in the bold near future.

Like 4 characters total live normal family lives. Everyone else is stuck in a decades long dry spell where the most they have going on is seeing their ex on the bridge or mess hall and then updating their personal log status to 'it's complicated :ohdear:.' People been dry so long they're falling in love with the first hologram, ghost, mentally simulated worldscape NPC or other incorporeal/nonexistent entity that makes pleasant conversation.

You'd think people would loosen up more in the future given the present's increasingly liberal tendencies but nah. It's just years of pretending you're too enlightened to have a libido until it culminates with you falling in love with a force field and then having to hide this forbidden passion from the world.

you know whenever people on TNG talk about "going to the arboretum" with someone, they're basically going there to gently caress, right?

i'm also pretty sure that the series depicts wesley crusher as being more romantically successful than geordi la forge

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
there's an episode of TNG where geordi literally yells at a woman for being angry at him for having created an incredibly hostile work environment

and by the end of the episode she's apologizing to him

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
All this poo poo reminded me of this flash game I played years ago. Lo and behold it's still available:

http://www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Games/More/USSEnterprise.htm

Also tromboner.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

milkingmycow posted:

Also tromboner.

http://smoothest.ytmnd.com/

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747

drat, son.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

milkingmycow posted:

Also tromboner.

Yeah, that's the way to go. She's all for that poo poo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

I also like when you find out Barclay has like ~my waifu~ versions of all of the female cast members in the holodeck in that one episode lol

also he has programmed in a wimpy version of Riker so he can beat up on him in virtual reality and feel superior

he is derelict in his duties on the ship for a while because he's spending so much time in there

Barclay is unquestionably the ultimate goon on the show

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The 5 Betas on TNG form a loving Pentagram or 5-way Venn Diagram of Goony diagnosis

Geordi-- the "nice guy" goon
Wesley-- the dumb bitch boy goon
Barclay-- the reject goon
Data-- the literally autistic goon
Worf-- the Weeaboo-esque foreigner goon

naem posted:

If there were such thing as a holodeck I'd just never leave

Plus they have synthesizers so you could make and eat real food right in there, and when you poop in a holo toilet they could just beam it into space, why do anything but wallow in your own perverse fantasies like a fat hog

It's an unspoken secret that once holodecks and replicators-- or their equivalent-- are perfected the vast majority of human activity will cease unless it is in service of keeping those machines running. Holodeck time will become the new currency. Procreation with someone who isn't a perfect holodeck fantasy of your own design will be seen as barbaric and most children will be born in test tubes. It will be hell and it will be heaven all at once.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

there's an episode of TNG where geordi literally yells at a woman for being angry at him for having created an incredibly hostile work environment

and by the end of the episode she's apologizing to him

Said it at the top of the page friend.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Blistex posted:

That and the Doctor. I guess they figured those were the only two cast members who could actually act, so why not.

One of my favorite voyagers is the one where the doctor borrows 7's body to hide from holo-racists or whatever. Jeri Ryan's Picardo impression is loving hilarious.

e: You became AROUSED in MY BODY!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LbZHRUmqiQ

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Skeleton Ape posted:

e: You became AROUSED in MY BODY!

I love it when hot girls have the bubble around them broken and realize that yes, almost everyone really does see them at least partially as sex objects all the time.

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Bonzo posted:

oh. Did we talk about how Nelix had Kes as a love interest and that she was 5 years old?

The whole interaction between Kes and Nelix was just awful, it make feel awkward every time I saw it. The show got magnitudes better once they got rid of her.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

ChickenRiceNPeas posted:

The whole interaction between Kes and Nelix was just awful, it make feel awkward every time I saw it. The show got magnitudes better once they got rid of her.

Her voice got deeper and more monotone as the series progressed. Then she came back for that awful return of Kez episode and hosed up the tiny lingering appreciation people had towards her for her getting Voyager 10 ly closer to home or whatever

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
I loving hate that ugly cat man Neelix and I hate they kept trying to make Tuvok and Neelix the odd couple happen.

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Picard - Wearing a fedora and won't shut the gently caress up about how no one appreciates good tea and flute playing.

Troi - has a popular Tumblr about her struggles as a psychic vampire and dealing with her headmates.

Data - Isn't an android, just has Aspergers. Character is otherwise unchanged.

Wesley - In jail after going on a phaser rampage through the ship because he's still a space virgin at 17. All the green alien babes are just whores who only gently caress officers.

Warf - Goes full Dorner in the final season after being booted out of Starfleet for excessive use of force when arresting protestors trying to stop the relocation of native peoples on a federation planet. Cornered in a shuttle and burned alive when "an errant phaser blast set to stun" started a fire in the shuttle.

Dr. Crusher - Leaves Starfleet after the first season because superiors do nothing to address her complaints of being constantly referred to as Dr. MILF.

Geordi - Visor is just a future Google Glass which he uses to post non-stop on r/MRA.

Riker - Constantly trying to interject his thoughts on pansexuality and polyamory into every conversation on the show.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

mind the walrus posted:

Said it at the top of the page friend.

my post was better

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

poorlifedecision posted:

Wesley - In jail after going on a phaser rampage through the ship because he's still a space virgin at 17. All the green alien babes are just whores who only gently caress officers.

wesley literally gets more action on the show than geordi does

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

my post was better

Isn't it pretty to think so?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

mind the walrus posted:

The literal climax of the episode is Geordi screaming at her "BUT I'M A NICE GUY!!!"

I ain't even loving kidding

Goddamn TNG owns.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
the hologram isn't even all of it though. he spends that entire episode being a passive-aggressive creep to her.

she asks him about some modification and instead of saying "well we were in a pinch and i looked through your notes and got the idea from that" he loving tries to steal credit by saying "well sometimes we think of stuff out here in the real world too!!"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
tbh if i was on the enterprise and they had a magical room where I could do whatever the gently caress i wanted i'd probably do some really nasty stuff in there to all the hottest people on the enterprise

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
A realistic depiction of Big Loser Science Dorks In Space

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

the hologram isn't even all of it though. he spends that entire episode being a passive-aggressive creep to her.

she asks him about some modification and instead of saying "well we were in a pinch and i looked through your notes and got the idea from that" he loving tries to steal credit by saying "well sometimes we think of stuff out here in the real world too!!"

My favorite is how he uses the files on her to try and set-up perfect dates and such with her favorite foods and music, but finds nothing listed about how she's married.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
So whose job was it to mop all the semen off the holodeck after hours?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Ramulack posted:

They reclaimed the semen and used it to power the replicators.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ramulack posted:

Look up the Blue-Stripe Log from the Front Page literally a decade ago. Good poo poo. "Tales of a Holodeck Janitor" if you just want to punch it into Google. Absolutely worth the read.

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

wesley literally gets more action on the show than geordi does

Sorry I didn't read the entire wiki before I made a joke.

TheTremendous
Jan 4, 2013

poorlifedecision posted:

Sorry I didn't read the entire wiki before I made a joke.

Apology accepted. I won't even complain about how you misspelled Worf's name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

TheTremendous posted:

Apology accepted. I won't even complain about how you misspelled Worf's name.

Who?

• Locked thread