Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
He?

Hahaha.... Hans Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Another really perfunctory B-plot, just like last night's Family Guy

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

YeahTubaMike posted:

This is insane. Sometimes characters don't show up in episodes, and that's okay. Is every episode without Principal Lewis disrespectful to Kevin Michael Richardson?

He did show up. And he had half a line and not even a joke or a punchline. There was an Avery Bullock joke in there (A chair without an erection), but it wasn't Stewart making it. It's not disrespectful to an actor if he's not in the episode at all, it's kind of lovely to have him in for what equates to nothing. And it's not a matter of scheduling, they schedule voice actors for blocks so they can do multiple readings, so it's not like he popped down to the studio but he could only read one line that day. The only other reason to pull something like that was to assure us as the audience that yes, Patrick Stewart is still on board with American Dad on TBS.

Anyway, this week was a much better episode. I hate to say because it was more formulaic, so maybe just because it's a Roger/Klaus/Hayley episode? It built up so well from slight to over the top.

The B plot was thin but it did had some great lines.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Sometimes it's nice when the B Plot knows it's thin and bows out to the A Plot.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Goddamn it, Roger is too freaking great. I should have seen that coming and yet I didn't. Claus had a great little story. That side of the Olympics never seems to get mentioned.

Also, **** Andrew.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This was a great return to form. Up until now this season has been kinda bland but this one was great.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

'That's the fourth time this month a drug dealer has called me a loser!'

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
So I just binged through all the new TBS episodes. I think an issue I'm seeing is they're trying to focus on every single character, especially Roger, in an episode instead of giving us solid A/B plots. Also does anyone else feel like Klaus is getting a bizarre amount of screen time now (not complaining).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Klaus has always been my least favorite character, but I liked how they used him in this latest one.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
A Star Is Reborn

While on vacation in Los Angeles, Stan joins the world of old Hollywood.

Meanwhile, Roger kennel-trains Steve and Hayley.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Kingdom posted:

:stare:

This... this is sure to be something.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Mister Kingdom posted:

We're having another kink episode?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

TheFattestPat posted:

That side of the Olympics never seems to get mentioned.

Wouldn't you want to hook up with other people in peak physical condition? Gay app Grindr crashed during the London Olympics.

afterhours
Jul 1, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

We're having another kink episode?

Christ, it feels like a whole bunch of cartoon writers are trying to win a bet.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Brown spider-man's pelvis :stonk:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I mean, Steve's not wrong there.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Nuts. Had a DVR malfunction. I'll have to watch this one next week on AS.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
She was old, probably died before we hit her

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
This show gives me a huge, throbbing smile.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Nuts. Had a DVR malfunction. I'll have to watch this one next week on AS.

I'm hoping this is a really clever joke.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That subplot was classic American Dad. Roger's wordless shock at the episode being deleted was great, and then I loved that the only bit of dialogue from Bones we heard was "And I am Dr. Brennan, the guardian of all bones everywhere."

DarklyDreaming posted:

She was old, probably died before we hit her
Yet another grisly death on the show. In a lot of shows, I don't really find graphic violence that funny, but American Dad always does it well. I even laughed at the incredibly grotesque skinless Jeff in the bathtub from a few years back.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 17, 2015

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Nichael posted:

That subplot was classic American Dad. Roger's wordless shock at the episode being deleted was great, and then I loved that the only bit of dialogue from Bones we heard was "And I am Dr. Brennan, the guardian of all bones everywhere."

Yet another grisly death on the show. In a lot of shows, I don't really find graphic violence that funny, but American Dad always does it well. I even laughed at the incredibly grotesque skinless Jeff in the bathtub from a few years back.

I can take all of it but acid burned Francine.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I can take all of it but acid burned Francine.

That was pretty awful, but I think the only thing I couldn't tolerate on this show was Stan's Frankenstein of a dog after it was smashed by the pirate cats.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

ME-YARR. :3:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Nichael posted:

That was pretty awful, but I think the only thing I couldn't tolerate on this show was Stan's Frankenstein of a dog after it was smashed by the pirate cats.

Okay, yeah that too. I skip past that episode in rewatch after laughing my rear end off at the pirate cats.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

limp_cheese posted:

I'm hoping this is a really clever joke.

No, my DVR did not record the show.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

So many voice cameos. Kate Mulgrew, Stan Lee, Carl Reiner (for like the 100th time on a McFarlane show), Adrienne Barbeau, and somehow Mickey Rooney.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Come to think of it every time I check Belize is always in a different location than where I pictured it in my head

I wasn't too far off...I always think it's further south than it is.

But as far as countries that are not at ALL where I thought they were, see Bermuda.

I mean...if you aren't already familiar with it, you probably have an idea, but if you're anything like me, you were off by a decent amount.

Seriously,it's that far north AND east? Up until like two years ago I thought it was part of the Caribbean.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Adrienne Barbeau

Don't you mean Adrienne Barbuea-bot?!

Though I gotta say, for a 100 year-old dinosaur, that lady was surprisingly strong.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

FlamingLiberal posted:

So many voice cameos. Kate Mulgrew, Stan Lee, Carl Reiner (for like the 100th time on a McFarlane show), Adrienne Barbeau, and somehow Mickey Rooney.

I've always liked how they never make a big deal about it. I know The Simpsons used to promote the guest stars all the time but they were always awful. At least with American Dad they make you think "Wait, is that Carl Reiner?!" I don't know how the producers are able to get so many of them.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I really loved the Stan Lee voiceover out of the blue.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

DrBouvenstein posted:

I wasn't too far off...I always think it's further south than it is.

But as far as countries that are not at ALL where I thought they were, see Bermuda.

I mean...if you aren't already familiar with it, you probably have an idea, but if you're anything like me, you were off by a decent amount.

Seriously,it's that far north AND east? Up until like two years ago I thought it was part of the Caribbean.

Don't you mean Adrienne Barbuea-bot?!

Though I gotta say, for a 100 year-old dinosaur, that lady was surprisingly strong.

Imagine that the Yucatan is a scrotum. Belize is in the taint of the Yucatan.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
That was a good episode, felt like classic AD.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Tonight's episode has a couple of characters I'm sure everyone is excited to see, Wheels and the Leg Man!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
They made love, not once, not twice, but two-and-a-half times.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I can't change as fast as you.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
All their names are just first names.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Right, when people talk you can't see their words.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
I feel like ever since the switch to TBS they've been writing Stan more like Peter Griffin. I miss the grim, sordid narratives about CIA murders and the deep-seated childhood issues (mom, dad, dog). Now he's just the dumb guy annoyed by his wife.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The way you write dialog reminds readers it's really hard to write dialog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
OH MY GOD, YOU SUCK!