Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheTremendous
Jan 4, 2013

The guy who won't stop talking about his authentic Hanzo steel katanas and his prune juice cleanses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Do you think all the forehead aliens have to clean out their crinkles with a q tip like you do with one of those wrinkly dogs

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

Do you think all the forehead aliens have to clean out their crinkles with a q tip like you do with one of those wrinkly dogs

Fore(head)skin problems.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

Yes, it would be like forehead cheese. You know, similar to the stuff found under the chins and between the various folds of human fatties.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Oh hey it's the return of the gbs star trek thread, awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQVc79FE5Bo

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

poorlifedecision posted:

Sorry I didn't read the entire wiki before I made a joke.

your joke was really less about star trek and more about how society is pretty fukked up these days but w/e it's all just posts every day

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

your joke was really less about star trek and more about how society is pretty fukked up these days but w/e it's all just posts every day

It's like I made a joke about If Star Trek TNG were on TV now or something.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

you know whenever people on TNG talk about "going to the arboretum" with someone, they're basically going there to gently caress, right?

is that why keiko is the way she is

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No. Japanese girls are loyal wives

She really was just doing botany for a year on Bajor

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

poorlifedecision posted:

Picard - Wearing a fedora and won't shut the gently caress up about how no one appreciates good tea and flute playing.

Troi - has a popular Tumblr about her struggles as a psychic vampire and dealing with her headmates.

Data - Isn't an android, just has Aspergers. Character is otherwise unchanged.

Wesley - In jail after going on a phaser rampage through the ship because he's still a space virgin at 17. All the green alien babes are just whores who only gently caress officers.

Warf - Goes full Dorner in the final season after being booted out of Starfleet for excessive use of force when arresting protestors trying to stop the relocation of native peoples on a federation planet. Cornered in a shuttle and burned alive when "an errant phaser blast set to stun" started a fire in the shuttle.

Dr. Crusher - Leaves Starfleet after the first season because superiors do nothing to address her complaints of being constantly referred to as Dr. MILF.

Geordi - Visor is just a future Google Glass which he uses to post non-stop on r/MRA.

Riker - Constantly trying to interject his thoughts on pansexuality and polyamory into every conversation on the show.

I would watch this

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

My grandma gave me this album. It is bad.

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

poorlifedecision posted:

Warf - Goes full Dorner in the final season after being booted out of Starfleet for excessive use of force when arresting protestors trying to stop the relocation of native peoples on a federation planet. Cornered in a shuttle and burned alive when "an errant phaser blast set to stun" started a fire in the shuttle.

I could swear they did an episode like this when the show was on the air.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

egon_beeblebrox posted:

My grandma gave me this album. It is bad.

Holy poo poo I thought it was a photoshop.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Fagballzson posted:

I know I'm going to piss people off by saying this, but DS9 was actually my least favorite Star Trek show. I never found the stuff with the space Nazis (Cardassians) or space Jews (Bajorans) to be interesting. And the setting of the space station was too limiting. DS9 was boring, lacked interesting characters, and took itself too seriously. Voyager, even with its massive cheesiness, was a way more entertaining show.

True story. DS9 is a yawnfest and I'd rather watch Voyager any day (apart from a Nelix-heavy episode, I hate that thing).

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Cosima posted:

I loving hate that ugly cat man Neelix and I hate they kept trying to make Tuvok and Neelix the odd couple happen.

the extreme they pushed that to is hilarious.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

poorlifedecision posted:

Geordi - Visor is just a future Google Glass which he uses to post non-stop on r/MRA.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Powercrazy posted:

Goddamn TNG owns.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Zzulu posted:

tbh if i was on the enterprise and they had a magical room where I could do whatever the gently caress i wanted i'd probably do some really nasty stuff in there to all the hottest people on the enterprise

'probably' lol

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

id punch riker for sure

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

TheTremendous posted:

Apology accepted. I won't even complain about how you misspelled Worf's name.

you mean mr. woof

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Here's the best Star Trek clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcRg2RiLKzo

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tender Bender posted:

amazon review posted:

Trekkies will be especially interested in "It's a Sin (To Tell a Lie)", which features back-up vocals by LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn, Jonathan Frakes and Patrick Stewart, plus a recitation by Stewart.

so many hearts have been broken....because.....because these words have been spoken

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Tender Bender posted:

Jesus loving Christ that's real?!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Back around 1991-1995 Star Trek was legitimately one of the biggest entertainment franchises in America. Its actors could get a lot of poo poo accomplished if they felt like it.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Is voyager *really* worth watching? Tried checking it out on Netflix and fell asleep during the pilot. I'm assuming I might've been tired and it's a coincidence or it was a precursor to future viewing experiences.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Kuato posted:

Is voyager *really* worth watching? Tried checking it out on Netflix and fell asleep during the pilot. I'm assuming I might've been tired and it's a coincidence or it was a precursor to future viewing experiences.

eh, its worth half watching at least

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Kuato posted:

Not really, unless you're looking for generic sci-fi pablum. In that case it's pretty good.

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Kuato posted:

I'm that rare person who actually liked Voyager.

Having said that, if you didn't like the pilot you probably won't like the rest of the show as it is pretty much more of the same.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kuato posted:

Ultimately no, Voyager is not worth watching. That's not to say it's all bad or there aren't nuggets of a much better show peeking its head out of the poo poo, but in the broadest terms it's considered the worst Star Trek show for good reasons.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Kuato posted:

If you're desperate for more trek then you may as well but it's comfort viewing at best. Some episodes are great but you'll wqde through so much poo poo, too.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

ChickenRiceNPeas posted:

I'm that rare person who actually liked Voyager.

Having said that, if you didn't like the pilot you probably won't like the rest of the show as it is pretty much more of the same.

voyager ruled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKAL_219oH8

That Turkey Story
Mar 30, 2003

pants cat posted:

True story. DS9 is a yawnfest and I'd rather watch Voyager any day (apart from a Nelix-heavy episode, I hate that thing).

The one where Nelix was going to kill himself was actually really good.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Voyager is worth it only because of the doctor and 7 of 9.

For whatever reason the writers were TERRIBLE but did excellent at writing for those two characters.

They're also the best actors on the series. By a large margin.

Edit: in fact maybe a Google search will result in a list of episode that focus on those two. Watch that list.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Kuato posted:

Imagine Battlestar Galactica but with a psychopath running a ship full of heavily sedated psychopaths and every episode is the hosed up Battlestar Galactica finale. Remember how they figured out the only way to survive was to co-exist with Cylons, and then the big metal Cylons flew away and then they destroyed all records of the Cylons existing and then probably killed thousands of people within the first week of landing on Earth? And then we skipped to present day Earth, and what a loving shock it didn't loving work because we're making Cylons again and don't know that this killed everybody the last time we did it. That's Voyager.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 18, 2015

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Did anyone else play Voyager Elite Force?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Hello Captain Janeway. We know you lost an expensive, experimental ship. We know you enlisted terrorists and criminals as your crew. You violated more Starfleet regulations than we care to mention but congratulations, you're an Admiral now.

Which, given the history of Admirals in Starfleet, kinda makes sense.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
The Maquis turned out to be alright, except for the one that stole Voyager and left them all to die on a barren planet. And hey, who hasn't violated the Prime Directive a couple of dozen times?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Actually, the Prime Directive is kind of poo poo. Like, if you see an asteroid that's headed right for an inhabited planet, you're not supposed to phaser it because I guess those people should've invented spaceships faster or something.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

this thread smells like redshirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Volcott posted:

Actually, the Prime Directive is kind of poo poo. Like, if you see an asteroid that's headed right for an inhabited planet, you're not supposed to phaser it because I guess those people should've invented spaceships faster or something.

i dont think thats how it works

• Locked thread