Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpjWhl6N3tI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thVN3nJeUXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9tOA7C2zBo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzXZy13ToOs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What's so important about the WEZL vans?

You got a better way to assemble an action news team?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I haven't been able to do a heist since launch, no one joins my games no matter what. gently caress it :(

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We need them to do news stuff.

StabMasterArson posted:

I haven't been able to do a heist since launch, no one joins my games no matter what. gently caress it :(

Have you tried putting together a group in the thread?

Speaking of which, we (CopperFronts, Ranacher, DocBonestron) were blueballed on last night's heist thanks to a combination of bad luck and severe lag. All the setup missions for heist 5 are complete, just need a heist crew for the finale.

Heist #5 (from heist) 5 pm EDT (GMT -5) on PS4

1. me (PSN: mr_dread)

titties fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 17, 2015

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Good times running the Humane Labs Setup missions last night with Stupid Dick and two other goons I can't remember off the top of my head.

That carrier mission was pretty awesome, especially the part where "Danger Zone" kicks in when you fly away in the Hydra.

I just wish they would import/put some of this poo poo in SP free roam so you could dick around with it. I used to have a blast playing San Andreas and running aboard the carrier they had parked in San Fiereo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just out of curiosity, are there any other aussies playing? I joined LLJK, and I don't have a headset but I should by tomorrow (I have a turtle beach chat headset for my Xbox 360, and if I understand it right I should be able to use it on my PS4 controller with their official 2.5-3.5 adapter cable rather than having to fork out $30 for the PS4 version.). Before anyone mentions the Sony Gold headset, I'm not a fan of the big head-encompasing headsets. It's just a personal thing, because I find them uncomfortable. The TB one I get by with because its pretty light.

Oh, my PSN ID is ThatAussieGuy88

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

I've been linking my friend videos from this topic to show him GTA Online for when the PC version is released and these two have summed it up pretty nicely

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

titties posted:

We need them to do news stuff.

Have you tried putting together a group in the thread?

Nope because I figured the invite thing would work and I live in the UK so timezones are hosed anyway. Itd be cool if some goons could record videos for each of the setups / heists so people who can't play them can see what they're like at least.

Just let us take AI partners, damnit

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

StabMasterArson posted:

That doesn't really work because all 4 players aren't always doing the same thing. There is splitting up and doing multiple different goals concurrently. The other players arent just covering your back, its more complicated than that.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

StabMasterArson posted:

Nope because I figured the invite thing would work and I live in the UK so timezones are hosed anyway. Itd be cool if some goons could record videos for each of the setups / heists so people who can't play them can see what they're like at least.

I'm in the same boat as a UK goon, have only managed the first heist so far. Which platform are you on?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

StabMasterArson posted:

I hate sounding like a broken record and it's now in the OP (I keep it updated): But invites are broken and have been since the heist release (and game's release for the most part). You absolutely have never been able to rely on rockstar for consistent and competent matchmaking. Most of that is because invites only show the name of the player who invited you, so you probably have invites from crew members, but don't realize it or - if you're inviting - most of the 450+ crew members ignore invites anyway probably because of the same reason. The only place I've seen matchmaking work well is in large race lobbies where you'll see a mixture of your friends and / or crew members invited (along with other prominent crews in the lobby).

The invitations do not say the player's crew affiliation (though I think it did at one point then it vanished). The invites are further broken because after you open and invite and view it, the invites then all appear to be from one player, so you'll have 6 invites to different heists and setups (and missions) all from the same player.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

geeves posted:

The invitations do not say the player's crew affiliation (though I think it did at one point then it vanished). The invites are further broken because after you open and invite and view it, the invites then all appear to be from one player, so you'll have 6 invites to different heists and setups (and missions) all from the same player.

They work for me on ps3 about 75% of the time

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

I_Socom posted:

I'm in the same boat as a UK goon, have only managed the first heist so far. Which platform are you on?

Are you two on PS4 by any chance? I'm usually available to do UK daytime heists if you are.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

haunted bong posted:

You got a better way to assemble an action news team?

Buy a Rumpo. They have WEZL News Livery now.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I'm injured and home from work and would love to do a day time heist if anyone is around. I don't know, let me know.

PSN: literallygary

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Just did the setup mission for Prison Break where you steal that guy's car. I was driving it and the pubbie just sat there while we got shot at. Shoot back you dumb bastard!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Just did the Casco mission and I think it glitched. No matter what we did, the cops would not go away. It would never go to their vision cones. I almost had it the first time it happened, then the drat pubbie I was with got killed.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

Just did the Casco mission and I think it glitched. No matter what we did, the cops would not go away. It would never go to their vision cones. I almost had it the first time it happened, then the drat pubbie I was with got killed.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Just did the setup mission for Prison Break where you steal that guy's car. I was driving it and the pubbie just sat there while we got shot at. Shoot back you dumb bastard!

Then you have to lose the cops as well as. Better off just driving it as fast as you can to Sandy Shores. Pubbie had it right. Don't shoot cops or attract attention.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

geeves posted:

Then you have to lose the cops as well as. Better off just driving it as fast as you can to Sandy Shores. Pubbie had it right. Don't shoot cops or attract attention.

Yeah, it is better not to shoot at all, because the mission is glitched

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

I'm injured and home from work and would love to do a day time heist if anyone is around. I don't know, let me know.

PSN: literallygary

I added you (PSN Frontlinekhan)

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
My Casco mission was bugged the other day, and I tried moving to the train tunnels and that didn't seem to work, but by chance I pressed the triangle button, got out of the car, then got back in, and the vision cones started appearing.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I've had that same glitch happen to me when taking the Casco. Getting in and out does work but you have to be out of sight of the cops. Also, I've had it happen where we lost the cops and then as soon as we drove off (despite no police being around) we randomly got 3 stars back. Some rockstar magic.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Aardmania posted:

I've been working on getting a more consistent way of saving the police uniforms. I found that playing the Adversary Mode -> Siege Mentality IV works the best. The player in the police uniform needs to enter a vehicle and drive it and then the player in the criminal costume leaves the rooftop to trigger the out of area timer. The match will end, and at the voting screen vote to go to free mode.

Every time I have done this and started a capture from quick jobs, I have appeared in either the police or criminal outfit. If it is the criminal outfit, don't change anything and wait for a second round if there is one. You will switch to the police uniform in that round. Switch glasses, finish and return to free roam. Save outfit at clothing store.

Just a minor update for this. I found that the uniforms do not appear in the quick job -> capture if you spawn in your car when you return to free roam from the adversary mode. If you have been driving in free roam or if you have a personal vehicle waiting for you on the map, drive it into your garage and exit on foot. That way, when you return to free roam, you will not spawn in a car. Also, you can see if the uniform was carried over by pressing down on the d-pad to show the player icons. If it worked, your icon will show the ski mask instead of the hat or mask you are currently wearing.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Got to take a break for a while. Some dude are fully happy with sabotaging their own heist before it even gets off the ground. Joined a heist and initially the guy wanted 70% for himself and then when I told him that most people would be happy with 20% he only bumped it up to 15% for everyone else. Needless to say, people quit out.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

So I did the appearance glitch and changed genders and well, it broke my saved outfits in an awesome way:

But I finally got suited up and I'm ready to rock:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

blackguy32 posted:

Got to take a break for a while. Some dude are fully happy with sabotaging their own heist before it even gets off the ground. Joined a heist and initially the guy wanted 70% for himself and then when I told him that most people would be happy with 20% he only bumped it up to 15% for everyone else. Needless to say, people quit out.

In Saint's Row that guy would have nuclear waste all over his face for offering you a deal like that.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Songbearer posted:

In Saint's Row that guy would have nuclear waste all over his face for offering you a deal like that.

All inside his face no less.

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums

geeves posted:

"I'd been drinking rum all day". Is this what you're going to tell the families of the hostages you mowed down with the minigun before leaving the bank?

That is exactly what I would tell them.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Edit: Pac Standard is 100k setup not 50k

blackguy32 posted:

Greedy plebs! If they tried that with me, I'd probably kick them out, then invite others and give them 30% each then send them a screen shot just to gently caress with them.

15% is fair for the final heist given that the host doesn't make any money on the setups and fronts the money. They plebs already up 125k before the final heist.

20% and the host makes less than the plebs at least on the Pacific Standard job.

Say you bottom out on the heist 687k total.

40% = 274k - 100k setup = 174k total
20% = 137.4k cut + 125k setup mission payout = 262k total

55% = 377k - 100k setup = 277k total
15% = 103.5k cut + 125k = 228k total

Rat Supremacy posted:

That is exactly what I would tell them.

video from the previous page.

geeves fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 17, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They've just got a sweet design, is all.

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums

Well I guess once I'd discovered what the combination of flare gun and human flesh produced, minigunning the rest of the hostages was the only logical option.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

geeves posted:

Edit: Pac Standard is 100k setup not 50k

Greedy plebs! If they tried that with me, I'd probably kick them out, then invite others and give them 30% each then send them a screen shot just to gently caress with them.

15% is fair for the final heist given that the host doesn't make any money on the setups and fronts the money. They plebs already up 125k before the final heist.

20% and the host makes less than the plebs at least on the Pacific Standard job.

Say you bottom out on the heist 687k total.

40% = 274k - 100k setup = 174k total
20% = 137.4k cut + 125k setup mission payout = 262k total

55% = 377k - 100k setup = 277k total
15% = 103.5k cut + 125k = 228k total

video from the previous page.

This was the prison break heist and I didn't do any of the setup missions. I just don't bother to waste my time.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

This was the prison break heist and I didn't do any of the setup missions. I just don't bother to waste my time.

If you didn't do any of the setup missions that doesn't mean you deserve a higher cut in the finale. You didn't get paid to do the setup missions but you also didn't have to take the time to do them either. But the important thing is that the host gets paid a fair amount considering what everyone else gets IF they do the setup missions and finale plus they have to cover setup.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wait, we can customize insurgents? I figured no because you have to order them by phone every time.

I bought an armored kuruma and put $80k chrome rims on it. Wasn't a big fan of the car's look at first but several hundred thousand dollars made it look mint.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Reverse Centaur posted:

Wait, we can customize insurgents? I figured no because you have to order them by phone every time.

I bought an armored kuruma and put $80k chrome rims on it. Wasn't a big fan of the car's look at first but several hundred thousand dollars made it look mint.

There's an Insurgent for like half the cost that doesn't have a turret that you keep in your garage and can mod.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Are you two on PS4 by any chance? I'm usually available to do UK daytime heists if you are.

Yeah, send an invite to Dancinguy

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

StabMasterArson posted:

Yeah, send an invite to Dancinguy

Next time I'm online I shall do!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Another glitch: got to the very loving end of the prison break and the "fly through the yellow circle" wouldn't ever register, even with no wanted level. Ugh, thanks for the help with that mission LLJK.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Do you choose the colour of your flare gun flares when you buy them, or do they go by what colour you make the gun.

My guns are all pink because why wouldn't they be, and I noticed today that my flares were pink, but another Goon's flares were orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Mine are a kind of blue-ish colour because I picked the Military/LSPD/whatever tint that made the gun mostly black. But if anyone knows what colours each tint makes, I'd like to know. Flares are more fun than they have any right to be.

• Locked thread