Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Casimir Radon posted:

gently caress the Irish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
lol @ people proud of their ethnic or national origins

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

lol @ people proud of their ethnic or national origins

im pretty proud to not be italian

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i'm proud to hate everyone equally

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm Sicilian, but couldn't give a gently caress less about my heritage.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Having an incredibly Italian last name is kind of cool but I don't look like a fuckin wop so it all works out

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Professor Bling posted:

Having an incredibly Italian last name is kind of cool but I don't look like a fuckin wop so it all works out

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

im a ginger gently caress with shaggy hair and a big beard and I'm not wearing green because i didn't even realize it was saint patricks day and I really can't find it in me to care anymore.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I always want to walk around wearing a Parachute Regiment t-shirt on St Paddy's Day.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Suck my quarter-irish dick from the back and stop appropriating my people's culture of being a drunken piece of poo poo

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
Yeah I'm like 1/16th Irish :smuggo:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mKEyK11GRU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I'm probably Irish somewhere on the thoroughly miscegenated paternal branch of the family tree. In any event, Irish girls are cute and have swell accents. I hope to bag a Jameson heiress or somesuch when I go to Ireland this summer.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i have to deal with 2 birthdays today

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Did some further research on citalopram. If any of yall have been taking it for a while, watch out for negative side effects. Large amount of my issues match up with listed long term detriments.

Eventually it can make you suicidal. Straight up says 'suicide attempt'. I'm not suicidal, but I've noticed some really dark poo poo creeping into my nightmares. Gonna quit taking it and see if symptoms improve.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What's with all these pain killers you guys take having worse side effects than the symptoms? We need to make weed legal nationally already something something BIG PHARMA

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Slim Pickens posted:

What's with all these pain killers you guys take having worse side effects than the symptoms? We need to make weed legal nationally already something something BIG PHARMA

weed has made my sleeping quality pretty great for the last week

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
weed is pretty great all around

I'm a good chunk manx. that's right, tailless cats and motorcycle races. probably a shitload of inbreeding too, it's a small island.

otherwise polish/english/german complete the mix. I am whiter than ceiling paint.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Oregon is a poo poo state right?

theres a position opening in the nw corner of the state for the company i work at and i dont want to move at all but itd make me much more resolute if someone told me it was full of antivaxxers and poo poo

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

weed is pretty great all around

I'm a good chunk manx. that's right, tailless cats and motorcycle races. probably a shitload of inbreeding too, it's a small island.

otherwise polish/english/german complete the mix. I am whiter than ceiling paint.

I have a manx cat that has a shortened spine and when she sits in certain ways it pinches a nerve or something and a little pee leaks out.

I imagine the same is true for you.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
maybe that's where my spina bifida occulta came from?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Whole bunch of dudes in this thread who secretly wish they were Irish today. :smugdog:

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 17, 2015

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Oregon is a poo poo state right?

theres a position opening in the nw corner of the state for the company i work at and i dont want to move at all but itd make me much more resolute if someone told me it was full of antivaxxers and poo poo

do you like trees and rain?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
boys we're all American

we don't need an excuse to get drunk and violent

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Who bunch of dudes in this thread who secretly wish they were Irish today. :smugdog:

i wish I was irish circa 1969 so i could free belfast with AR180s

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LeoMarr posted:

i wish I was irish circa 69 so i could free belfast with an axe

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ded posted:

do you like trees and rain?

yeah i do actually

but yeah the first thing that came up when i googled the town name and vaccination was a shitload of news stories about antivaxxers throwing bitchfits about something or other

so yeah gently caress that noise

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
it is a nice state really, but they are jerks to people who move there and apparently are turning into morons about vaccinations

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Anyone here live in Minnesota? The Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN has a lot of Fellowships open for post doc working, was considering moving me and the wife up there once I'm finished with school in NM.

I have a ton of family up there and in the North Dakota area, and spent a lot of summers on farms in the Sauk Center area, and loved it. Are the winters seriously just the most brutal/uninhabitable things about the place? or is it more of a "yeah it sucks but you'll live" sort of ordeal?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Especially now that they're the only state on the coast that lets anti vaxxers run wild.

Where is it, near Portland? It's pretty out there, and the ocean isn't too far a drive. The rain isn't too constant, and we keep getting less rainy winters in WA.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nearish to Portland. Wife and I want to move pretty soon, but I don't want to go cross-country for this job.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

MurderBot posted:

Anyone here live in Minnesota? The Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN has a lot of Fellowships open for post doc working, was considering moving me and the wife up there once I'm finished with school in NM.

I have a ton of family up there and in the North Dakota area, and spent a lot of summers on farms in the Sauk Center area, and loved it. Are the winters seriously just the most brutal/uninhabitable things about the place? or is it more of a "yeah it sucks but you'll live" sort of ordeal?

Rochester sucks, but if you need to do it for post doc poo poo, then it's probably alright.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Nearish to Portland. Wife and I want to move pretty soon, but I don't want to go cross-country for this job.

don't do it

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's like a million and one IT jobs down here in DC. Like my company posts 10-15 a day most of the time and IT isn't even our thing.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MurderBot posted:

The winters really aren't that bad, especially that far south.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

But hipsters though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I honestly don't want to move out of CT, its just when an offer pops up i sit here and think about it is all

if i was going to it'd probably be to MA somewhere but screw that

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Please don't become a Masshole.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Master Bateman posted:

Indiana is the worst place ever.

I live in Florida.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Even knowing what happens in Interstellar the wave planet is still super tense and awesome.

Interstellar supremacy. gently caress this gay earth lets go peep some new places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Thank god :pluto: is a planet again

• Locked thread