Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think the Opop/MC scum team seems valid.

##vote Opop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
## vote Opopanax

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
##vote Opopanax

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

McEd you son of a B

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Opopanax (3): AnonymousNarcotics, King Burgundy, MC Eating Disorder, MC Eating Disorder, MC Eating Disorder
King Burgundy (1): Opopanax, MC Eating Disorder, MC Eating Disorder

Not Voting (1): MiltonSlavemasta

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 19th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
“Reverse what's lost, awake the song within you.
Rejoice aloud. Let these words imbue.
Shape the future.
Sifting power back in the hands of the common man.
Give them hell for existence.
Pouring blood on the path they've set in stone,
as we reclaim our position to the throne.
Yes, we reduce them all to bones!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spCmStMOiHE

Opopanax, Town-aligned Empowerer, has been played to death Day 5!

Ability: You’re here to ensure the evildoers are put in their place, bringing power back to those who rightly deserve it. Each night, target a player to empower them, protecting them from being roleblocked. You cannot target yourself.

Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town have been eliminated.

AnonymousNarcostics, Town-aligned Jailer and MiltonSlaveMasta, Town-aligned Motivator have been end-gamed!

MC Eating Disorder, Scum-aligned Puppet Master and King Burgundy, Scum-aligned Ninjuggernaut, have ended the game victorious!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod Doc

Mason Doc

Scum Doc

Role PMs

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Thank you all for playing!! This game was experimental in nature given the number of non-town (5/15), however the alternating kills from the SKs + number of town PRs, investigative or otherwise, shifted the balance such that it was roughly even in terms of variance. The theme of the game was a rough duality, in that most of the roles were part of a pair of sorts:

Even/Odd-Night SKs
Tracker Masons/Watcher
Messenger/Seer (both sending anonymous messages)
Copycat/Forensic Amateur (both able to visit dead people)
Empowerer/Motivator (both allowing other folks to do things they normally shouldn't)
Puppet Master/Jailer (both roleblocks + one additional trait)
Ninjuggernaut (dual with itself - able to either bypass the 2 BPs/Jailer or ignore the Trackers/Forensic Amateur, but not both)

Really the only one that didn't fit the above was Hammerer, and I wanted the Town to have 1 killing ability that wouldn't automatically put them in a bad position - had it been a vig and the day didn't end, the variance would have been too great IMO.

As a mod this was an incredibly fun setup to watch. I welcome feedback on the setup, and I hope you all enjoyed playing :)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You guys are jerks for killing me 9 hours after replacing in.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That was odd but cool. Never would have suspected MCED

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

At work. So short phone posts only. But that was good fun. Thanks Kumba!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I can't believe anonnarc didn't automatically vote king burgundy when the day started. That was a sure thing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was wrong about MC but right about KingB :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

You guys are jerks for killing me 9 hours after replacing in.

You were confirmed town. There was no getting around it. Later when I get home I want to post that argument about confirmed town masons in the mafia thread.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So what happened N1?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

So what happened N1?

They tried to Ninja kill Betrayer who was BP on Odd-nights

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

AnonNarc if you could see me you would see me shaking my head at you

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

God damnit. I wish I hadn't died

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Also because I hadn't said it before, I wanted to apologize for Somber. The hammer on Somber on D1 was actually not legitimate, as Good Sir pointed out to me before I had to replace him.

One of the votes on Somber was from this post:

Good Sir posted:

WHAT ARE YOU SO PARANOID AND WEIRD ABOUT, HUH? HUUUUUHHHHHHHH?

##vote MC

Someone aliased MC -> Somber and I didn't even think to check that before posting it. I don't think it would have actually had an appreciable difference on the game because I think he would have gotten 4 votes anyway, but whoever did that, seriously shame on you because that's hosed up.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I will find you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Whoever did this, I swear Vendetta.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ernie. posted:

I can't believe anonnarc didn't automatically vote king burgundy when the day started. That was a sure thing.

I was so convinced that I'd have to bus KB today to stay plausible town to stay alive to get the NK I didn't even think about the fact that we could hammer when KB got online until he pointed it out

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also why didnt Anon Narc say she was a Jailer :(((((( She had plenty of evidence to tell us MC ED was a lying scummy scumbro

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I was so convinced that I'd have to bus KB today to stay plausible town to stay alive to get the NK I didn't even think about the fact that we could hammer when KB got online until he pointed it out

If it had gotten to three man LYLO with you, me and someone else, I would have voted for the someone else, so bussing would have been a much better option (and the Opop thing to do :getin:)

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
for anyone that bothers to plough through the scumdoc i'm sorry i've been incredibly bored and doped up on hospital grade painkillers for a lot of this game and there's incredible tangents of mine that are probably untranslatable into any solid stratagem

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I cannot BELIEVE that I handed ya'll a scum and you didn't dunk 'em. I mean I know I wasn't town but I was still a rolecop ya'll!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was so proud of my scumread on KB too :(

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Chic Trombone posted:

I cannot BELIEVE that I handed ya'll a scum and you didn't dunk 'em. I mean I know I wasn't town but I was still a rolecop ya'll!!

This. I am flabbergasted that KB lived even through that day, let alone 2.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kumbamontu posted:

This. I am flabbergasted that KB lived even through that day, let alone 2.

My argument for the first day was technically sound. It really was in towns best interest to kill the SK first.

But yes. I thought I was going to get cuddled today no matter what I argued. I was prepared to try and persuade again today just in case though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

My argument for the first day was technically sound. It really was in towns best interest to kill the SK first.

But yes. I thought I was going to get cuddled today no matter what I argued. I was prepared to try and persuade again today just in case though.

Although I can't believe I didn't put together that there really was a second role blocker and it was AN. All the clues were there. Use of the role blocks could have allowed for keeping the SK around for another day too.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ffffffuck sorry Opop! Wow you guys really got me good. I didn't want to get NKed for my ability which is why I didn't claim.

N1 I jailed rurea and N2 I jailed MCS.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Everyone check out this awesome music video that was my flavor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUltTV3t4OM

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Everyone check out this awesome music video that was my flavor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUltTV3t4OM

I am glad you enjoyed it. That video is stellar.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I was pretty psyched to catch The Betrayer in the act of killing me, but less psyched when I found out he wasn't scum. I wouldn't have wanted him to get away with it as a Mafia member, but if I'd known he was serial killer I would have been rooting for him.

I had KB figured out from some of his posts against Chic the previous day (whenever a guy is promoting serial killer lynches over trying for scum it's probably because they are scum) but didn't see MC coming at all. Good job guys!

Thanks for running this game Kumba and thanks for inviting me to (briefly) play it!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I should've stayed true to chic.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

If I hadn't died and KB had killed Ernie instead, he would have received a message from me saying Chic was not-town. That would have been funny as hell.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

If I hadn't died and KB had killed Ernie instead, he would have received a message from me saying Chic was not-town. That would have been funny as hell.

I saw that. So funny!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

I saw that. So funny!

I read through your scumdoc, you guys did really well. I also like how you knew I would immediately use the cop power :( I shouldn't have claimed so hard, MCS is just so abrasive it made me want to make sure he went out.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
The townies were scummier to me than the scum! Great job, scum, you deserve this win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

Kumbamontu posted:

The theme of the game was a rough duality, in that most of the roles were part of a pair of sorts:

Even/Odd-Night SKs
Tracker Masons/Watcher
Messenger/Seer (both sending anonymous messages)
Copycat/Forensic Amateur (both able to visit dead people)
Empowerer/Motivator (both allowing other folks to do things they normally shouldn't)
Puppet Master/Jailer (both roleblocks + one additional trait)
Ninjuggernaut (dual with itself - able to either bypass the 2 BPs/Jailer or ignore the Trackers/Forensic Amateur, but not both)

Called it!

• Locked thread