Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Rirse posted:

So you are saying you want her to voice the character like Palutena from Kid Icarus Uprising?

I know you're probably being sarcastic here but i would kill for dialog half as fun and well delivered as KI:U's greek chorus banter to appear in more games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Locke posted:

I know you're probably being sarcastic here but i would kill for dialog half as fun and well delivered as KI:U's greek chorus banter to appear in more games.

Not at all, that was a huge surprise to find out that the lady who does Lightning is Palutena from KI:U.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I didn't know that, that's great. And yes, KI dialogue is hilarious. It's so good I almost got plastered on a few levels trying to watch 8 bit story hour on the bottom screen.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm really liking a lot about the FFXV demo so far. I like that I can mix and match by weapons to differentiate combos, it actually changes how they flow and what you can get away with against certain enemies, and the different skills you get from the individual weapons. Also, the fact that your EXP is distributed when everyone eats and the different dishes you see is great too. This game has a lot of character in the demo alone in terms of gameplay and actual characters.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm really liking a lot about the FFXV demo so far. I like that I can mix and match by weapons to differentiate combos, it actually changes how they flow and what you can get away with against certain enemies, and the different skills you get from the individual weapons. Also, the fact that your EXP is distributed when everyone eats and the different dishes you see is great too. This game has a lot of character in the demo alone in terms of gameplay and actual characters.

I like the cooking system because it encourages you to stay out late to keep your buffs going. I'm hoping the final version makes that a bit more risk/reward though. Some form of EXP loss on death or something. Not something super-strict but just a nice balance between "okay, I don't have the ingredients for a sweet meal so if I sleep I'm gonna be weaker tomorrow but if I take on the Behemoth today I could die and lose (x)..."

I sort of thought that would be what the game was but I tried suiciding and it didn't seem to influence my EXP gain.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
FF15 protip: you get an XP multiplier if you sleep in a camper. Camp for the XP buff, then rack up a ton of XP and sleep in a camper to maximize grinding.

ohjoshdarnit
Nov 2, 2005
Adventurer
Well, I was on the fence about getting this game but after watching a stream and seeing the motion blur I won't be getting it. It looks horrendous. The main reason I wanted it was the FF15 demo anyway.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've been experimenting with Type-0 and I'm pretty sure I hate every single one of these character designs.

e: Full Thrust rocks, by the way, if you can actually get every hit to land. It's fantastic against Garulas.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So far my favorite characters are King and Ace. Ace moreso for the novelty of fighting with a deck of cards, King is just hilariously overpowered. Why yes, I would like to pull off a killshot from halfway across the arena. I presume that Carat(?), the other girl with a gun is equally amazing, although I haven't used her much yet. I got my poo poo kicked in by the golems in Togeroth, but when I reached the boss at the very end I don't even think he got a single attack off, King just tore through his HP. :stare:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Artix posted:

So far my favorite characters are King and Ace. Ace moreso for the novelty of fighting with a deck of cards, King is just hilariously overpowered. Why yes, I would like to pull off a killshot from halfway across the arena. I presume that Carat(?), the other girl with a gun is equally amazing, although I haven't used her much yet. I got my poo poo kicked in by the golems in Togeroth, but when I reached the boss at the very end I don't even think he got a single attack off, King just tore through his HP. :stare:

She's a little weaker. Her gimmick is that her gun auto-charges when you're not firing but she has a laser blast with travel time instead of King's broke-as-poo poo insta-kill long-range shots. She's still really really good. So is Trey.

Basically any ranged character > any melee character.

mune
Sep 23, 2006
Yeah the game seems to be kind of easy so far on officer, although to be fair I'm only to the third mission and I just got done beating the hardest setting on a brawler so I'm probably primed to be good at this game. It's fun though, I've been using Cater so maybe that's why it's easy.

I will say the opening movie was not what I was expecting for a final fantasy game. Watching some kid and his chocobo slowly bleed out while they cry in pain for ten minutes kind of threw me for a loop... it was pretty unexpected and actually kind of disturbing.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

mune posted:

I will say the opening movie was not what I was expecting for a final fantasy game. Watching some kid and his chocobo slowly bleed out while they cry in pain for ten minutes kind of threw me for a loop... it was pretty unexpected and actually kind of disturbing.

Yeah, echoing this, although the voice acting quality made it really hard to care about.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
If you aren't playing this game with JP voice over you made a horrible mistake.

mune
Sep 23, 2006

Belzac posted:

If you aren't playing this game with JP voice over you made a horrible mistake.

Yeah I'm getting that. One of the characters (Cinque...I think?) makes me eyeroll the entire time her mouth is open. The VA is so bad.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I think 13/2 made me immune to lovely va/dialogue, this barely registers

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

mune posted:

Yeah I'm getting that. One of the characters (Cinque...I think?) makes me eyeroll the entire time her mouth is open. The VA is so bad.

She's just as unbearable in japanese.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

ImpAtom posted:

I think they decided to not try to translate the goofy pun. Her name is literally Cidney/Sidney in the Japanese version. (Written using the same characters as Cid even.) They jusy decided to make it Cindy in translation. (I'm not sure why since Sidney is a girl's name and still conveys the joke.)

They wouldn't even have to use "Sidney," just use Cidney. Since when has Final Fantasy cared about real names or common spellings? Nobody would've batted an eye at Cidney. I'm actually gonna be rather annoyed if they use "Cindey" because they pussed out on spelling or are idiots.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well I was certainly not expecting him to nuke the forest.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

MrAristocrates posted:

I've been experimenting with Type-0 and I'm pretty sure I hate every single one of these character designs.

e: Full Thrust rocks, by the way, if you can actually get every hit to land. It's fantastic against Garulas.

I usually use it immediately after I knocked them over, every hit hits with a crit, it's great.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

FFXV should take a page out of Resonance of Fate's book when it comes to character banter. That game had flaws, but the characters felt like a team that worked together a lot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played an hour of the FFXV demo and it's loving rad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now I'm going to try Type-0 and I assume it won't even be 1/3 as rad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I've been watching cutscenes for 15 minutes but this game seems the enjoyable kind of stupid so far. I like that the draw is that it's M-rated final fantasy so you have a blond haired Japanese waif screaming about the 4 crystals but the twist is that this he gets with a rifle shot to the forehead and blood splatters all over the camera

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

If the would tone down that motion blur with a patch Type 0 would be a lot better.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Skeezy posted:

If the would tone down that motion blur with a patch Type 0 would be a lot better.

I think I can adapt my brain to the motion blur, I just want to screw with the camera speed, is there an option for that? I pretty much have only had time to finish the initial scenario.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The motion blur is almost offensively bad. Like, the game's good, but god drat is that one big mark on an otherwise good port.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I like 0 a lot but wow there's no excusing the amount of jank in the motion blur and camera movements, that's just poo poo design that drags a really neat game down.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
It was designed for a system without a second analog stick. If you think about how it would have been controlled on a PSP and adapt for that it doesn't have as many issues. Basically never manually control the camera and you'll be good.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Glitching out the map in FF15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goJ5SOfr0eg

The sound of my PS4 starting up at 2:45 AM

Streaming out-the-map limits going about here now, audio's a bit messed up
e: Okay it eventually hardblocks you real hard and gameovers

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 19, 2015

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Chaotic Flame posted:

FFXV should take a page out of Resonance of Fate's book when it comes to character banter. That game had flaws, but the characters felt like a team that worked together a lot.

The character interactions are fine, Dormammu, Lord of the Dread Dieminion. They sound like a group of close guy friends.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
"Hey Nox check this out."
"Yeah, already there champ and reading the sign."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please tell me I'm not the only one who jumped right into the nest of Imps and cornered them in the hallway to Ramuh's tree. Using Tempest never felt more satisfying.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Beef Waifu posted:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who jumped right into the nest of Imps and cornered them in the hallway to Ramuh's tree. Using Tempest never felt more satisfying.

I did this and it ruled.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

The motion blur is almost offensively bad. Like, the game's good, but god drat is that one big mark on an otherwise good port.

Yeah this is how I felt. Lots of cool mechanics going but good lord that camera is abysmal.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm still not getting the hang of combat in XV. I think I'm trying to play it like DMC or KH and tapping square constantly.

It's loving me up.

Also not a fan of these endless fights that happen sometime.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I didn't experiment all that much with the different weapons at first but I really like the variety and if the full game has even more choices it'll be great. When I ended up trying to beat Deadeye without the summon (not that hard, honestly, there's a campfire right near where he spawns out in the world and he keeps his HP Yiazmat style) the greatsword made a great opener.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

bloodychill posted:

"Hey Nox check this out."
"Yeah, already there champ and reading the sign."

I like that every time someone suggests that Noctis look at something, he just sounds exasperated. Then again, Noctis just sounds exasperated.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I think I've got to sit down with the game during the weekend to play. I want to digest it all but when I get home from work I don't really want to do all that.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Skeezy posted:

I'm still not getting the hang of combat in XV. I think I'm trying to play it like DMC or KH and tapping square constantly.

It's loving me up.

Also not a fan of these endless fights that happen sometime.

Just cut and loving run, I tried to outlast a melee in my first thirty minutes and oh god everything was everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oxxidation posted:

Just cut and loving run, I tried to outlast a melee in my first thirty minutes and oh god everything was everywhere

I have been in multiple encounters where I tried to kill everyone that lasted an entire night in-game, you need to just get out eventually.