Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

for about five minutes
also for me to poop on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

zen death robot posted:

phone games are trash

I don't play them.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

How do you plan on playing Smash Bros touchscreen-only? My answer: very carefully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUMqpAecuAY&t=383s

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

program666 posted:

I, on the other hand, can totally see DeNA making a mario generic tower defense, that will be free to play with some microtransacions, and I'm probably much more correctest.
you're absolutely right but i wish you weren't. loving phone gaming

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Wario's Woods and Yoshi's Cookie on smartphones is fine

this movie trailer and this megaman poo poo and the final fantasy crap... i want to die

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ten Dollars Wasted posted:

Wow, rude. All I'm asking for is some stock figures to mock and you give me this...? Speaking as a YOSPOSser, nothing is funnier to me than the stock quotes of major electornics corporationd

Who's this guy. I'm only asking because he's clearly a rereg. PErhaps the Tails Butthole Fag returneth?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Who's this guy. I'm only asking because he's clearly a rereg. PErhaps the Tails Butthole Fag returneth?

It's a Buddy of the Bonzi kind.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Y-Hat posted:

you're absolutely right but i wish you weren't. loving phone gaming
I too wish I weren't :(
If there is one company that could make mobile gaming work it would be Nintendo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

program666 posted:

I too wish I weren't :(
If there is one company that could make mobile gaming work it would be Nintendo

The only way phones games will not suck poo poo is if they remove the pay to win and micro transactions, but being that since next to no one makes a profit off of android phones it's been the only way to generate money since phone gaming started. Unless you're talking about direct ports of older games because those have been the only other thing to make cash.

However from a gameplay perspective tablets and phones are limtied because touch screen controls honestly suck major balls for anything that's a remotely complex or precision genre.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Mar 18, 2015

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah I was talking about gameplay, and I was naively thinking about the normal outdated business model of creating a product and selling it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

program666 posted:

Yeah I was talking about gameplay, and I was naively thinking about the normal outdated business model of creating a product and selling it.
Yeah I mean it's absurd to think of the idea of releasing a finished produc to the public in this day and age. It's more profitable to shove out a half finished piece of poo poo and have people pay down the road for features that should have been originally included.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
nintendo is cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I.N.R.I posted:

nintendo is cool

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

The Taint Reaper posted:

If you told me that Donkey Kong, Adam Sandler, and Kevin james were going to be in the same movie together I would have said Bullshit....

well it's a reality....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYmWApVVA_I

at 1:38 like 1 frame spliced in for a millisecond in the middle of the video

wtf

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

wtf
illuminati, reptilians. the usual stuff

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
hahaha what the hell

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
oh it's viral marketing for the movie, that's gay

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i am NOT susceptible to marketing

program666
Aug 22, 2013

not even awesome-o would have thought of that

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

zen death robot posted:

phone games are trash

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Nintendo continues to make handheld consoles I'm just assuming they will be android devices from now on?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I hope Nintendo continues to make handheld consoles I'm just assuming they will be android devices from now on?

nah

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Mario, you're casual. We can treat the symptoms, but you'll be free to play within a year. I'm so sorry, I know this is sudden.

"If that bitch peach thinks she's getting my benefits she never really knew me. Famiglia primera."

Sighing, Mario takes off his labcoat and steps away from the mirror, pulling the gun out of his nightstand.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

thuly posted:

Mario, you're casual. We can treat the symptoms, but you'll be free to play within a year. I'm so sorry, I know this is sudden.

"If that bitch peach thinks she's getting my benefits she never really knew me. Famiglia primera."

Sighing, Mario takes off his labcoat and steps away from the mirror, pulling the gun out of his nightstand.

huh

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
dr mario is marios primary care physician

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

zen death robot posted:

They're just doing the smart thing and not leaving easy money sitting on the table

if they didnt wanna leave easy money on the table theyd loving dump all their classics on the VC already and let me rebuy them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

thuly posted:

dr mario is marios primary care physician
How many coins is his co-pay

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

wtf

I thought it was Pauline from Donkey Kong because I saw the flash in the trailer itself but now I don't know who that is. It's not even the Golden Axe lady.

• Locked thread