Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

triplexpac posted:

I loved their fantasy league. It made watching Raw a lot of fun, if you picked some jobber who ended up in a hardcore match or otherwise going on a weapon fuelled rampage you struck gold.

I remember having Kenny from the Spirit Squad on my list for a couple of months because he was "priced" like most other undercard-ers but they were in upper midcard tag matches every week.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Great White Hope posted:

"I wish Daniel Bryan was fighting for the title at Wrestlemania!"

"YOUR WISH SHALL BE GRANTED..."

*IC Title breaks into 7 pieces, everyone is irrelevant for a year*

I'll be down with replacing MitB with the 7 IC Belt Dragon Balls.

Mark Henry can play Shenron.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Mark Henry, grant me the power to make Roman look strong"

"... that's what I do".

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I'll be down with replacing MitB with the 7 IC Belt Dragon Balls.

Mark Henry can play Shenron.

I'm assuming this is a joke about how Henry is only healthy once a year and that is very mean, sir! :mad:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

We call that massive spike the "binders effect".

We're not quite sure how long-term planning and organization really leads to improved product, but we're looking into it now.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

elf help book posted:

i hope everyone loses the ladder match and they break the ic title into 7 pieces they can all carry around

Cody would probably appreciate that.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I wish they had a guy whose goal was to get all three major singles titles. Like, obsessively so. He could be the WWE champ, but that means NOTHING unless he also has the IC and US. It'd have to be a guy that can handle three feuds at once, perhaps culminating in doing various gauntlet matches for each respective title.

Then he fuses all three into the Universal Championship or something ridiculous like that.

it's a slow day at work today

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wwe rules for precisely this reason

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
How the gently caress can you copyright a hand gesture? Are they going to claim the middle figure too?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

How the gently caress can you copyright a hand gesture? Are they going to claim the middle figure too?

DDP gets a royalty every time Jay-Z does the diamond sign. Seriously.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

You don't copyright the gesture, you trademark a drawn representation of the hand gesture. If you win the filing on that trademark, you could deprive the Young Bucks/Bullet Club/New Japan/Pro Wrestling Tees from making any more off that logo. From there you could make a civil case about using the hand gesture on paid wrestling program and hope you can use the lawsuit as a slap lawsuit.

Sigma fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 18, 2015

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Ax of Demolition
The Legion of Doom (3-0)
Mr. T (2-0)
Rob Van Dam (4-0)
Sable (3-0)
Shane McMahon (2-0)
The Shield (2-0)
Tatanka (2-0)
Terry Funk (2-0)
Virgil (2-0)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Fantasy wrestling on Draftkings would make wrestling 100x more entertaining to watch for me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

89 posted:

Fantasy wrestling on Draftkings would make wrestling 100x more entertaining to watch for me.

100x zero is still zero

alternate answer: 100x a negative number just makes it a bigger negative number

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It needs to be all WWE booking-based. Points for heels walking out of matches and taking count-out losses, getting distracted by entrance music and being rolled up, having the ref call a DQ for hitting a guy past the count of five, burying a guy because he said something on Twitter this week, etc. Your points should be multiplied when they use the same bad finish multiple times in a 3 hour show.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Astro7x posted:

Ax of Demolition
The Legion of Doom (3-0)
Mr. T (2-0)
Rob Van Dam (4-0)
Sable (3-0)
Shane McMahon (2-0)
The Shield (2-0)
Tatanka (2-0)
Terry Funk (2-0)
Virgil (2-0)

Virgil is furiously writing letters to Vince about how WWE should bring him back and see who can beat the streak.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Before everyone gets their hopes up, the Observer's daily update says the DraftKings deal is just to promote Wrestlemania and to have a trip to Summerslam as a prize for a fantasy basketball contest.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
WWE/Vince's incredible pettiness is the best thing the product has these days haha

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Can someone translate the last line? I can usually decipher Meltzerese pretty well but I'm having trouble with that one.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

ROH is on WWE's radar now

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
WWE is so mad they can't buy a tag team that embodies everything they hate about indy wrestling.

Best move by the Bucks. Whole thing smacks of WWE buying up talent purely so other people can't have it.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I don't get it what did the young bucks do to wwe

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DannoMack posted:

I don't get it what did the young bucks do to wwe

Last year they turned down a WWE contract and then joined the Bullet Club, which co-opted a lot of Kliq/NWO imagery.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Sigma posted:

Last year they turned down a WWE contract and then joined the Bullet Club, which co-opted a lot of Kliq/NWO imagery.

Is WWE actually making people cover up Bullet Club shirts or is that a rumour?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

WWE is so mad they can't buy a tag team that embodies everything they hate about indy wrestling.

Best move by the Bucks. Whole thing smacks of WWE buying up talent purely so other people can't have it.

i mean, this is pretty much what nxt is really for. wwe's making their own indie and is signing talent they know they don't really want for the main roster

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i mean, this is pretty much what nxt is really for. wwe's making their own indie and is signing talent they know they don't really want for the main roster

I don't think that is exactly true. WWE is signing guys they want for the main roster, but instead of fast-tracking skilled wrestlers to the main card like they used to, they are making guys like Generico hang out in NXT for ages so they can claim "look at this amazing wrestler that NXT has made"

I mean sure they might be signing some guys away from ROH just to gently caress with them, but I do believe that HHH wants NXT guys to succeed to prove that his idea is a good one.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

triplexpac posted:

I don't think that is exactly true. WWE is signing guys they want for the main roster, but instead of fast-tracking skilled wrestlers to the main card like they used to, they are making guys like Generico hang out in NXT for ages so they can claim "look at this amazing wrestler that NXT has made"

I mean sure they might be signing some guys away from ROH just to gently caress with them, but I do believe that HHH wants NXT guys to succeed to prove that his idea is a good one.

You're right, he really wants Baron Corbin to succeed on the main roster.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sigma posted:

Kind of reminds me of a story Bob Odenkirk told about auditioning for SNL. He said he realized mid-audition that he wasn't going to get hired because he wasn't behaving like being on SNL would be the greatest thing in the world, and that he had aspirations other than being a cast member. Apparently, Lorne Michaels is only interested in people who thing being on SNL is the be all and end all.

Vince is a lot like Michaels. Working for the WWE should be the only goal of every wrestler. Anyone treating it as anything else is an insult.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

So I'm watching Mondays Raw while I'm cooking because gently caress it why not.

I can't ride the patriotism thing from Cena/Rusev not being American. All I can think of is "I stood on the front line to protect these things like free speech. So I'm gonna go beat this guy up for speech I don't approve of"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Rusev is free to say whatever he wants. And John Cena is also free to shut his stupid mouth.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

oldpainless posted:

Rusev is free to say whatever he wants. And John Cena is also free to shut his stupid mouth.

and if Rusev doesn't like that, he can GET OUT MY COUNTRY !!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Cena's mouth should be shut most of the time.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Sex Robot posted:

So I'm watching Mondays Raw while I'm cooking because gently caress it why not.

I can't ride the patriotism thing from Cena/Rusev not being American. All I can think of is "I stood on the front line to protect these things like free speech. So I'm gonna go beat this guy up for speech I don't approve of"

You're putting more thought into this than the writers did.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I mainly kept thinking of those Macho Man and Flair cosplayers in the front row who were now not in costume and mysteriously flanked by security guys.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sigma posted:

And has been stressed many times by others, they POLITELY declined a WWE contract, they were very respectful and grateful for the offer but explained in reasonable terms why they felt they were better off not taking them up on it.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Looking forward to WWE Payback brought to you by MeUndies.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WWE Over The Limit is brought to you by DDPYoga, and in unrelated news Vince McMahon just hung himself.

• Locked thread