Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

a cop posted:

Are the heists good? Can anyone link a good heist vid?

Being a cop, you probably wouldn't enjoy them. they're more of a criminal thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Powershift posted:

Being a cop, you probably wouldn't enjoy them. they're more of a criminal thing.

Oh poo poo, i didn't notice his username. Did I just narc on our operations? I didn't mean to snitch guys, I swear :ohdear:.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Good times, Powershift. My brain was fried after listening to that insurgent gun shoot everything in sight for 15 minutes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

When the alternative is pubbies living and enjoying themselves, it's a small sacrifice.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Powershift posted:

When the alternative is pubbies living and enjoying themselves, it's a small sacrifice.

I saw a pubbie flying about happily in a jet overhead today. I had a homing launcher. I feel I did the right thing.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I enjoy that I'm always up at the wrong time to do heists :v:
I dunno if I should make a pubbie heist miserable or try to help or just run pubbies down in my armoured car in Freeroam.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Here, theCatastrophe and I celebrate surviving a 5* wanted level after our train rampage I n the only appropriate train based way.

http://youtu.be/yMU5NHkZ8xw

Yes, the driver is dead and had been for some time. I shot him to see if anything would happen. It did not.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SisterFister posted:

Currently in a session with GRAND_WIZZARD92

I bet it was this guy

Wait, he's an imperial kludd - whatever that is - but I bet he has high aspirations of one day being a grand wizard.

TLove
Dec 24, 2009
PS4 Early Hiest Session: 10:30am EST

I want to breeze through this last part of Prison Break then finish the rest in one swoop. I will split everything equally.

hotbabe13fcali

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjYU6HVWxpU
Taking out the trash, R* style!
No seriously, R*, why is it so fiddly for fucks sake?

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Attention GTA developers, thinking you must give your NPCs diarrhea of the mouth to make up for a silent protagonist is a terrible assumption.

Furthermore making this poo poo unskippable in online multiplayer has been a crime since Lamar picked us up from the airport day 1. Ugh!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Pro tip: listen during the heist set up so when you are driving your navigator friend around and the mission is to photograph some license plates you don't slam into the truck on purpose thinking you need to hijack it because you are to busy in your tablet.

Vokehead
Feb 13, 2013

Reo posted:

Furthermore making this poo poo unskippable in online multiplayer has been a crime since Lamar picked us up from the airport day 1. Ugh!

The host can press X/A to skip most of the cutscenes if they've hosted the heist before.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
If anyone's feeling Heisty I'm available

PSN: Frontlinekhan

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Rad Valtar posted:

Pro tip: listen during the heist set up so when you are driving your navigator friend around and the mission is to photograph some license plates you don't slam into the truck on purpose thinking you need to hijack it because you are to busy in your tablet.

Also listen so you know that even though there's a team of navigators and a team of drivers, the teams are in fact a pair of each. Both navigators getting in one car and driving around does nothing but confuse and frustrate everyone, although you can laugh about it after the fact.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Brightman posted:

Also listen so you know that even though there's a team of navigators and a team of drivers, the teams are in fact a pair of each. Both navigators getting in one car and driving around does nothing but confuse and frustrate everyone, although you can laugh about it after the fact.

The drivers should just sit back and have a smoke and a beer. Just let the navigators go out to find the trucks. Once you know where they are it's really easy.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Thats what I did. The navigator I was with had done it before so I went and stocked up on ammo and then did stunt jumps.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

geeves posted:

The drivers should just sit back and have a smoke and a beer. Just let the navigators go out to find the trucks. Once you know where they are it's really easy.

I guess you can have the trackify app open and drive at the same time? Or just use voice chat for it, the arrows only work if it's navigator/driver, and only seem to be necessary when everyone's multi tasking it to get it done faster. Otherwise there's a lot of yelling and drivers following the wrong navigator's directions.

Another thing that happened during that: one of the vans t-boned us while we were looking for it because we ran a red, whoops.

Edit: Or yeah, just go to where they always spawn.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Need some people that actually notice what the mission is for truck photography (pacific standard vans)

Psn leidend

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Do static helicopters spawn during the final heist? I was in a group with fresh420prince and we could not finish it for the life of us - I went westward towards the freeway (you can see the boat on the map, so you don't really need to take Lester's route to get there) but tried as I did there's always one police car that smacks me, and even if you survive the fall, they'll shoot you. I should try harder on grabbing a car instead of the bike, but if I had access to a helicopter it would be incredible.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Reverse Centaur posted:

Need some people that actually notice what the mission is for truck photography (pacific standard vans)

Psn leidend

And that is why pubbies are terrible.

One took off on his own, the other kept trying to kill me because I took the van before he did. He then killed himself twice so we would fail.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Reverse Centaur posted:

Psn leidend

I haven't done this one yet, so I don't know what to do, but I'll give it my all

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
That mission was weird, had to get into a car for the navigating to work, while the other two were able to do it on a bike.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

HiriseSoftware posted:

Do static helicopters spawn during the final heist? I was in a group with fresh420prince and we could not finish it for the life of us - I went westward towards the freeway (you can see the boat on the map, so you don't really need to take Lester's route to get there) but tried as I did there's always one police car that smacks me, and even if you survive the fall, they'll shoot you. I should try harder on grabbing a car instead of the bike, but if I had access to a helicopter it would be incredible.

No, they don't, you are stuck with the lovely bikes.

We thought of that too the first time around while discussing alternatives to the given route. But unfortunately, everyone needs to hit that first checkpoint. It's loving stupid. To take the western highway, you'd come up through the Sawmill towards where checkpoint 2 is, but still have to go all the way through the tunnel to hit checkpoint 1 and double back. There are 2, maybe 3 routes but they all converge at the west side of the Alamo Sea in Harmony. I've done it by following the initial GPS route, I've also made it by going up through Vinewood Hills and off-roading straight down to Rt 68 - which sucks because the Lectro is loving terrible - on the way down to Harmony. The third route may be to head west on Vinewood Blvd - Which turns into Eclipse Blvd, then turn Right on Milton (before you get close to Eclipse tower - the road up the hill that takes you to where the Dubstas used to spawn) and head through the hills right in the middle of the map.

Alternative routes may buy you the first 1/2 - 3/4 of a mile, but the cops will find you eventually.

yes I looked on a map for all these street names

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

geeves posted:

No, they don't, you are stuck with the lovely bikes.

We thought of that too the first time around while discussing alternatives to the given route. But unfortunately, everyone needs to hit that first checkpoint. It's loving stupid. To take the western highway, you'd come up through the Sawmill towards where checkpoint 2 is, but still have to go all the way through the tunnel to hit checkpoint 1 and double back. There are 2, maybe 3 routes but they all converge at the west side of the Alamo Sea in Harmony. I've done it by following the initial GPS route, I've also made it by going up through Vinewood Hills and off-roading straight down to Rt 68 - which sucks because the Lectro is loving terrible - on the way down to Harmony. The third route may be to head west on Vinewood Blvd - Which turns into Eclipse Blvd, then turn Right on Milton (before you get close to Eclipse tower - the road up the hill that takes you to where the Dubstas used to spawn) and head through the hills right in the middle of the map.

Alternative routes may buy you the first 1/2 - 3/4 of a mile, but the cops will find you eventually.

yes I looked on a map for all these street names

You can absolutely take cars, but you all have to at least get onto a bike first. It's rife with problems trying to do it that way though. The quickest thing you can do is all beeline for the first cop car blip you see, and all pile into that to stay together. But the static cop cars in the nearby alley don't work, it has to be a cop car that an NPC got out of or the doors will be locked. There's also guaranteed to be two Feltzer spawns on the road just south of where you pick the bikes up as you head east, if you want to split into twos for faster cars.

The biggest problem though, is that the Lectros have bullet-proof tires, and that alone makes them not worth ditching. The quickest, most efficient way to do the mission is to just get really good at doing it on the bike.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

The biggest problem though, is that the Lectros have bullet-proof tires, and that alone makes them not worth ditching. The quickest, most efficient way to do the mission is to just get really good at doing it on the bike.

The one thing those bikes have going for them. Yeah we tried cars as well, I was even in a Rapid GT at one point yet after bit my tires were all shot to hell. I mainly only went for cars after I wrecked and couldn't find the bike since they don't show on the minimap.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
My biggest complaint is how MASSIVE of an oversight it is to start the entire heist chain off introducing you to this amazing bulletproof car that is perfect for heists, and then never ever use it on another heist ever again. Very short-sighted of the design and writing team, seeing as how it's supposed to be a natural progression. Surely somebody would remember the loving armored getaway car built pretty much specifically for a situation like this.

Following Lester's route really is the best and most efficient way to get where you're going. I only ever take a bullet during the entire thing when crossing the bridge into the mountains, even after saving the whole KERS boost for that specific spot. I've done it so many times that it's become like second nature now.

The real tip though, even though it's kind of a lovely teammate one, is to just be the first down the route. If you're ahead of the other players, only one cop car spawns like every 15 seconds and they don't shoot at you. It's always worse for the people behind.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I'm going to run the 4th heist (the Trevor one I believe) tonight...I'll be on around 8:30 est if anyone wants in on the fun.

PS4 - cashcamden99

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Anyone wanna do some rally races tonight/tomorrow? I've never gotten to race one and I'd like to try it with a goon or someone competent.

Also depending on what time I get home tonight I might fire up the Series A heist if any goons want in.

Edit:

Kelly posted:

I'm going to run the 4th heist (the Trevor one I believe) tonight...I'll be on around 8:30 est if anyone wants in on the fun.

PS4 - cashcamden99
I might around for this. Psn whodares86

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I don't understand why voice chat is so quiet. I can just about hear people but very faintly. I'm using the gold headset and ps4, is there some setting I've missed?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I don't understand why voice chat is so quiet. I can just about hear people but very faintly. I'm using the gold headset and ps4, is there some setting I've missed?

There's a balance button for game and chat audio at the front of the headset. First few times I used the headset I didn't realize it was set to full game audio and I couldn't hear anyone at all.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Should I yell at you?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Handsome Ralph posted:

There's a balance button for game and chat audio at the front of the headset. First few times I used the headset I didn't realize it was set to full game audio and I couldn't hear anyone at all.

Oh man so there is :doh:

Thank you!

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

theCalamity posted:

Should I yell at you?

Hey my plan to sneak round the back of the convoy was perfectly sound, they must have spotted my rainbow balaclava in the bushes. Or something.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Hey my plan to sneak round the back of the convoy was perfectly sound, they must have spotted my rainbow balaclava in the bushes. Or something.

It probably roused they DADT sense

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Kelly posted:

PS4 - cashcamden99

If I'm back from dinner by then I'd like to go.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

geeves posted:

The one thing those bikes have going for them.

*Ahem* You forgot about the KERS system. drat that's worthless

Also, I need a break from heists for a bit, so who's down for some racing on Saturday evening, around 7 or 8 pm CDT? I'm thinking of doing a good number of GTA races, but also a non-contact race, a locked-choice race, and maybe even one of those new truckers v. bikers races. If you're interested, link your favorite race on Social Club ITT so I can make a playlist. Let's do 16+ player races too so we can get as many people as possible.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kelly posted:

PS4 - cashcamden99

Sign me up!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Pork Pie Hat posted:

And that is why pubbies are terrible.

One took off on his own, the other kept trying to kill me because I took the van before he did. He then killed himself twice so we would fail.

Yeah, I have had some pubbies do some weird poo poo. Like they get super competitive when it comes to completing a coop mission to the point where they start ramming you and poo poo when you are driving to the objective because they want to get there first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chopbustabrown
Sep 14, 2011

I AM THE HEAT MISER

Craptacular posted:

I need a break from heists for a bit, so who's down for some racing on Saturday evening, around 7 or 8 pm CDT?
I'm in guys. Pretty sure that's 10:30 am Sunday in South Australia so I'll be free then and will be online ready to go :)

• Locked thread