Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Byers2142 posted:

Yes, because he said "had" and not "have." We had that round robin twice in the mason doc; you can't say a case isn't about verb tenses if the two words you keep referring to are using "had" and not "have." That's literally a problem with the verb tense being used.

its whom byers, not "have"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
taste i wish your poems were real

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

taste i wish your poems were real

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

His poems were real in all the ways that matter.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Pre sign me for the next Golgotha game tia

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Yeah, I'd like to run a few more in this setting. If I get my act together I'll see you there.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sign me up for it too.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

Max, in the deaddoc I see you said that you claimed. You did, but you could have been hiding a vig as well since flipping JOAT doesn't say what your one-shots are and having a vig in amongst the other one-shots isn't unusual.

I get that, but I don't know why you'd think I was lying about that. I was pretty forthcoming about everything in the game.

Doesn't matter, good job town on finishing that up. I'd like to say that I totally saw the roleblock coming night 1 and redeem my kinda stupid decision not to do anything on that night, but I didn't. I did juggle between protecting myself and using the investigation the second night. You can see how that went for me.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I thought I answered about the vig. I still dont get what the gently caress Rarity did last day but like I said I never know what Rarity is doing!

I used the vig on Byers cause I figured I could get some bussing cred but also kill a townie in the same frame and thought I could bullshit my way around but didn't think Rarity would throw attention my way / get me lynched.

Was Byers actually scum though? Like he flipped lover so I don't know why he's questioning it. I didn't really trust him either tbh.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I thought I answered about the vig. I still dont get what the gently caress Rarity did last day but like I said I never know what Rarity is doing!

I used the vig on Byers cause I figured I could get some bussing cred but also kill a townie in the same frame and thought I could bullshit my way around but didn't think Rarity would throw attention my way / get me lynched.

Was Byers actually scum though? Like he flipped lover so I don't know why he's questioning it. I didn't really trust him either tbh.

He was a traitor, so he was on your team.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Also we had a difference of opinions on night kills. Was saving my vig for a more opportune moment. I had a gut feeling to kill KB when she said to kill Asiina cause I knew Taste was questioning her more and KB was making sense of the entire situation more than anybody else.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Max posted:

He was a traitor, so he was on your team.

Yeah, I'm saying he should probably flip with the mafia symbols instead of lover symbols if that was the case.

Other than that, loved the game Somb. Great setup and flavor.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Yeah, I'm saying he should probably flip with the mafia symbols instead of lover symbols if that was the case.

Other than that, loved the game Somb. Great setup and flavor.

Those symbols mean something? I never knew that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Thanks DBD, I'm glad you're playing Mafia again.

I guess I should have been more clear about the traitor mechanic. I thought giving him access to the scumdoc was straightforward enough and he did flip "Mafia Traitor and Mason Lover." DBD you were right about your interpretation of the lover mechanics, Byers would have won with your team but he also could have won if it came down to him and yuming, or even King and Yuming and him.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Somberbrero posted:

Thanks DBD, I'm glad you're playing Mafia again.

I guess I should have been more clear about the traitor mechanic. I thought giving him access to the scumdoc was straightforward enough and he did flip "Mafia Traitor and Mason Lover." DBD you were right about your interpretation of the lover mechanics, Byers would have won with your team but he also could have won if it came down to him and yuming, or even King and Yuming and him.

No problem! Like I mentioned in the thread, I've been a lover traitor thing before but I was secretly only aligned with the lover (also had scumdoc priv). So when I saw the flip I figured it was similar. Didn't matter though I told Byers if he kept voting me I would potentially shoot him so I don't feel too bad! He was playing a good game. Town was playing a decent game as far as thought process goes. It was annoying in a good way. The Rarity thing happened on the worst day. Honestly I don't mind that scenario IF we talked about it or if I got to go back and forth but I had work.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Oh hey, we won!

It would take some time for Barton to get back into the swing of things after the events in those caves, but the circumstances that his family and himself found themselves in had greatly improved with the treasure he had found.

Barton shuddered at his recollection of the gruesome events, but he would be thankful for them until the day he died. Sometime shortly thereafter, he and his family moved out east where he lost most of his fortune to gambling and bad investments. Luckily his wife had stored a good portion of it away upon his fitful return from those caves, enabling them to live in relative peace for the rest of their days.

yuming posted:

My impression of GG D1: "What is mafia? What is it."

This was and still is true of my mentality towards this game, but I'm glad the town won. Huzzah!

Also thanks Byers, Somber. I enjoyed the game a good deal even though I was clearly lost during several portions of it lol.

Yeah, I would love to play more. I need to familiarize myself with the mechanics, but it was definitely a good time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Also we had a difference of opinions on night kills. Was saving my vig for a more opportune moment. I had a gut feeling to kill KB when she said to kill Asiina cause I knew Taste was questioning her more and KB was making sense of the entire situation more than anybody else.

You never mentioned KB's name to me :( Why didn't you communicate with me more?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Killing Meinberg is a very rude thing to do.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Rarity posted:

You never mentioned KB's name to me :( Why didn't you communicate with me more?

I wrote in the doc but there was no way to contact you cause your mailbox was always full :(

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

This was and still is true of my mentality towards this game, but I'm glad the town won. Huzzah!

Also thanks Byers, Somber. I enjoyed the game a good deal even though I was clearly lost during several portions of it lol.

Yeah, I would love to play more. I need to familiarize myself with the mechanics, but it was definitely a good time.

I really enjoyed your gumption in this game. I don't think I've ever been more taken aback than when you said you were voting for me just because I mentioned your name, and stuck with it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

I really enjoyed your gumption in this game. I don't think I've ever been more taken aback than when you said you were voting for me just because I mentioned your name, and stuck with it.

I was too deep into the hole to not ride it out :v: I'm glad I didn't get lynched for being dumb. Sorry for casting aspersions on you D1 for simply mentioning me haha. Whoops!

Anomalous Amalgam fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 19, 2015

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hooray town! I think this is the first time I've ever been top poster in a game. capps I want to be town with you more often.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also I have discovered the joys of playing a content game rather than just lazily emptyposting :getin:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Good game. Would have been fun to play from the beginning.

Feeling pretty good about my contributions.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Here are the rock PM''s:

quote:

Somberbrero wrote on Mar 17, 2015 19:15:
You examine the rock once you're alone. It's obsidian and nugget-sized, with several strange white veins running through. They almost look like they’re glowing, or pulsing. It doesn’t look like any rock you’ve ever seen. You tuck it under your pillow before you fall asleep.

You have no additional powers at this time.

quote:

Somberbrero wrote on Mar 18, 2015 12:09:
You wake from your sleep in the middle of the night to the sound of laughter outside. Wondering what anyone could be laughing about at a time like this, you step outside.

There by the campfire Angelica. She throws her head back and laughs again. Allie is there too, holding Angel by the waist. They both turn to you, smiling.

Allie gives Angel a peck on the lips and says "Don't worry dear, this won't take put a minute." She moves towards you then, drawing a huge knife from a case on her side. You scramble to find something, anything that could save you, but you barely have time to take a rock in hand before she's upon you.

With unnatural strength, she lifts you into the air by your neck. You can see her face then. Her skin has begun to crack and her eyes are obsidian, with little veins of glowing white running through them. Her voice is the same though, as she says "And here I was worried I wouldn't have a chance to do this."

As the necessity of breathing suddenly occurs to you, you bring the rock into the side of her head with all the force you can muster. It's enough apparently, as Allie drops you to the ground in a heap. She stumbles away, growling and clutching the side of her head. When her hand comes away, you can see that there's nothing inside her head at all.

You wake up back in your bed roll covered in sweat, the black rock from earlier clutched tight in your hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

GFC I just read capp's case on me in the mason doc.

• Locked thread