Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress Duke?
gently caress Duke
gently caress Duke
Let's Go Bobby Mo (and gently caress Duke)
View Results

• Locked thread
Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?

RumbleFish posted:

The superior fried chicken joint.

smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Kind of weird there's 49ers logos on the TWCA floor when they don't play there.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Wait most of new mexico's team is canadian??

maybe kansas should win

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Wait most of new mexico's team is canadian??

maybe kansas should win

French Canadian

Or just plain French

:stonk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Maybe... maybe stop shooting jumpers at this point.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Good god, Sparty can't do anything right at the moment.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
I hope georgia wins

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Whoooole lot of phantom passes going on down there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It will never stop being funny that Tum Tum Nairn's real first name is Lourawls

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
uga/msu is a crime against basketball

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
The dream appears to be over for NMSU.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Ross posted:

The dream appears to be over for NMSU.

I'd say "One good half/one bad half though," but the Aggies have something close to a jillion turnovers. They're not really in foul trouble, though, so they still have a chance to come back.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Go Sparty :toot:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Georgia has sexy beautiful red haired cheer leader leading their cheers and giving their sorrowful and doomed team moral support

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Oh no the Charles curse of death.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

SCENIC OMAHA

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Trice is dropping some major dimes today

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Michigan State is a dangerous team. Seems like every single year they are hitting their stride in March.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I kind of convinced myself UGA could hang with Michigan State but I don't think that's going to be the case in the 2nd half.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RumbleFish posted:

Kind of weird there's 49ers logos on the TWCA floor when they don't play there.

That's how it always is with the "host schools." Most of these games are in NBA arenas. For some reason Oregon is the Portland host when there are two Division I teams actually in Portland.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

That's how it always is with the "host schools." Most of these games are in NBA arenas. For some reason Oregon is the Portland host when there are two Division I teams actually in Portland.

I like the aspect of the logos. I've always found that cool.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

thompson posted:

I like the aspect of the logos. I've always found that cool.

I like it but I don't get how they designate them or what makes a "host school."

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I just think it's funny that UK goes to play in Louisville at an arena with less seating than the one in Rupp. I understand that nobody plays on their own home court and all...

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

tadashi posted:

I just think it's funny that UK goes to play in Louisville at an arena with less seating than the one in Rupp. I understand that nobody plays on their own home court and all...

Well, except for Dayton.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

tadashi posted:

Louisville is also a bigger city than Lexington and theoretically has tourist attractions.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

tadashi posted:

What's not going to be funny is when they break loose of the state lines and invade Indianapolis for the final 4. Someone please save us. A nation turns it's eyes to you, Kansas. heh

Louisville is also a bigger city than Lexington and theoretically has tourist attractions.

That Louisville Slugger museum!

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
I'm still bitter over ISU (29-4, Big 12 regular season and tourney champs) getting a #2 seed in 2000 and having to play Sparty in Auburn Hill, MI in the Elite 8.

Although as you can see winning the Big 12 tourney means gently caress all for your chances in the NCAAT :gonk:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Louisville owns, and Lexington does not, that's probably the logistic.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Please don't choke, UNI. :ohdear:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ross posted:

I'm still bitter over ISU (29-4, Big 12 regular season and tourney champs) getting a #2 seed in 2000 and having to play Sparty in Auburn Hill, MI in the Elite 8.

Although as you can see winning the Big 12 tourney means gently caress all for your chances in the NCAAT :gonk:

Yeah well you can see how much the Final Four in Detroit helped us. actually it probably did, but nobody was going to beat UNC anyway

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
y'all know that Lexington has hosted NCAA tournament games in the last couple years, right?

if you're the host school you cannot be seeded in that subregion (in men's basketball). being a host school is kind of meaningless though, being a host city is a big boon but from an operations standpoint its a royal pain in the dick.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

What's not going to be funny is when they break loose of the state lines and invade Indianapolis for the final 4. Someone please save us. A nation turns it's eyes to you, Kansas. heh

I'd be shocked beyond comprehension if this team made the Final Four with Perry gingerly moving around and Cliff back home.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

I like it but I don't get how they designate them or what makes a "host school."

They probably alternate if there are multiple schools in the host city. I'm sure Portland has hosted a few times now. There are really only a few hubs in the Northwest you can use. A lot of it is infrastructure based too. Can the area support X amount of hotel rooms, etc.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
Well today isn't starting as great as yesterday, but if it's half the day yesterday was, I'll be thrilled.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm just passing through to say gently caress Duke y'all.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
bullshit foul call imo

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Yeah well you can see how much the Final Four in Detroit helped us. actually it probably did, but nobody was going to beat UNC anyway

I was just about to mention that. UNC dismantling MSU in a de facto home game ruled like hell.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
lets go northern iowa uh whatever their mascot is

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The official signal for 3 second violation looks like OH NO YOU DIDN'T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

y'all know that Lexington has hosted NCAA tournament games in the last couple years, right?

Yes, and I love it when Duke gets sent there (not sure if this has happened recently).

• Locked thread