Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
A breeze blows over the empty lands, which have lain (mostly) untouched for the last five years. The fragments of the objects and bodies that populated it in days long past have rotted away, and a layer of dust has covered the gallows. Whatever caused the events back then has not been seen since.

But, then.

In an instant, 15... things appear. It's as if they've always been here; the land is suddenly specked with artifacts of where they've been and what they're doing now. It's strangely familiar, but as inexplicable as it was so long before. All that's known is that the promise of this new world and dominion over it is (and will always be) what leads to... Conflict.

Hello! This is a CYOR Mafia game in the vein of the ones I used to do way back when (click the links above if you have archives!). The rules are simple:

- Come up with a role name/concept and PM it to me after you've signed up and I've added you to the player list below. Ones in the past have included "Spike Seigel's Gun" "A Room Full Of Priceless Antique Harps" and "Jesus Christ, Superstar" if you're looking for inspiration. Anything goes, just don't be terrible (I might ask you for a different role idea at my discretion) + I'd prefer if you don't pick another mafia player as your role, just for my sake. (It's been done)

- Wait for me to write up what you're actually getting as a role. alignment will be RNG'd between scum and town (potentially a third party but no guarantees) and will have nothing to do with your role concept. Some people might get simple powers, some people might get wacky roles, some people might get post restrictions, some people might get daily goals, and some people might just be vanilla. All players are encouraged to post and have fun with their role - the game's as much fun as you make it!

- Standard mafia rules apply:
-- The GOOD GUYS win when there are no threats to them left in the game!
-- The BAD GUYS win when they have unassailable control over the game!
-- if there are OTHER GUYS, they win as stated in their role PM!

- Days will be about 3 days long (dropping to 2 if that's too long) and nights will attempt to be as short as possible. This might vary depending on activity.

- Voting is done by posting ##vote <playername>. Any actions posted in thread are done by ##action; if you see one of these please stop posting until things are resolved. (please toss me a message or ping me on Steam at the link below so I can respond promptly)

- All players are encouraged to add me on steam as a quick way to shoot me a message about the game and/or alert me about potential actions happening in thread. Will deny all Dota invites.

Taking 13 people plus replacements. May bump it up to 15 if there's lots of interest. (edit: there was!) Please only sign up if you're interested in actually playing and posting! Old guard returning players are encouraged, but new players are also welcomed!

Milestones:

Day 1 (Rolling) Start
Day 2 Start
Day 3 Start
Day 4 Start
Day 5 Start

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Living Player List:
  1. Byers2142
  2. Ernie.
  3. Ghostly Gangsta
  4. Little Mac
  5. Max
  6. Opopanax
  7. Poison Mushroom
  8. Shark Mafia

Dead Players:

Replacements:

- fits
- GulagDolls

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 27, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm super in, because this is a smaller, role-heavy game. It's basically my favorite kind.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hmmm...me play

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
I'll play! Once you add me, I'll send you my role.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i'll play!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'll play.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Totes in

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I haven't done a cyor in a while, in

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Hey flat hows it going

this is actually a signup I'm not just saying hi

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Adding to the OP:

- All players are encouraged to add me on steam as a quick way to shoot me a message about the game and/or alert me about potential actions happening in thread. Will deny all Dota invites.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh hello yes. i've never done cyor!

EDIT: I just added you on steam, I will show up as either poque7 or Miss Cornproducts

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

This sounds wonderfully daft, I'm in!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It's me, I am the one playing this game with a role.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Me

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
You're all in so far + I've bumped the player limit to 15 since there's so much interest. Thank you everyone who's submitted a role so far, they're all lovely and exactly what I've wanted. Especially yours.

If you haven't figured out what role you want, there's still time! Don't stress about the powers, you're just submitting the role idea and I'm coming up with your powers.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

flatluigi posted:

You're all in so far + I've bumped the player limit to 15 since there's so much interest. Thank you everyone who's submitted a role so far, they're all lovely and exactly what I've wanted. Especially yours.

If you haven't figured out what role you want, there's still time! Don't stress about the powers, you're just submitting the role idea and I'm coming up with your powers.

Yeah, I know, mine is the best.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
sure im in

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

HiipFire posted:

sure im in

Active participation is required, are you up to it? I've been told you have a tendency to lurk.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

flatluigi posted:

Active participation is required, are you up to it? I've been told you have a tendency to lurk.

I've been working on it recently, people who have played Secret Invasion can vouch for me I think

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm interested in this. :3:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

HiipFire posted:

I've been working on it recently, people who have played Secret Invasion can vouch for me I think

Vouch. Aside from the highest volume posters, Hiipfire was among the most active.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
No problem!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I've been in two games with Hiip recently and he's doing good and he's high in the top posters list for both :3:

(not a signup)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pinterest Mom posted:

I've been in two games with Hiip recently and he's doing good and he's high in the top posters list for both :3:

(not a signup)

If you want to sign up I have one more spot :v:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I'm interested in this. :3:

Yussss.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'll play.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Done!

-*-*-*- Regular Signups are Closed! -*-*-*-

Anyone after this who has interest will be put on the replacements list. Anyone in the OP without a <role submitted> by your name should submit a role!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Feel free to talk a bit and make non-specific comments on how your role idea is so totally better than everyone else's. If you have archives, I'd recommend clicking the links in the OP to see my old games, too. There's musical numbers!

I'd love to start this today, so as soon as I can get all your role ideas the better btw.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I read a CYOR game where Ecco was Daria. it was dumb

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I just wanted to say that it's the first day of spring and Philadelphia is celebrating with a shitload of snow.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I am the greatest.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

I read a CYOR game where Ecco was Daria. it was dumb

Oh. Maybe I should change my submitted role then.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Oh. Maybe I should change my submitted role then.

Noob

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
My role is so much better than other peoples' ideas.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Nah

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

My role is so much better than other peoples' ideas.

If you aren't the man in the moon I will be disappointed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My role is infinity +1 better.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I picked the one thing in the world noisier than me as my role!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ernie. posted:

I picked the one thing in the world noisier than me as my role!

angelina jolie and steven tyler making out?

• Locked thread