Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Pinwiz11 posted:

Not that anyone is surprised, but the show got renewed for another season.

e: And Willam is Kickstarting Season Three of the Beatdown!!!!! Get on this.

:toot: I don't know when this started but it's already well above its goal goddammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

spite house posted:

If you get to pick the Arby's, insist on the Gower Gulch Arby's. It's like an obligation.

Bitch you are coming on this date.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

caligulamprey posted:

Also: I can watch the Shakesqueer videos over and over again in comparison to the Chaz Bono interview challenge from last season, which I've only watched one time because it makes me hide under a blanket, completely mortified for Trinity K. Bonet. When Ru said this acting challenge was the worst debacle in Drag Race history, I immediately thought about the whole Chaz/Chad thing.

And then cringed for five minutes straight at the memory.

Trinity was bad, but Adore not understanding the great depression and Josyln bringing up loving abortion are the two worst for me.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Trinity was bad, but Adore not understanding the great depression

Party

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Trinity was bad, but Adore not understanding the great depression and Josyln bringing up loving abortion are the two worst for me.

I still think it was worth it to see Courtney practically seduce Chaz right then and there :haw:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Watching the good interviews was entertaining. Watching the bad ones was incredibly embarrassing.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I think the difference is, the horrible moments in the interview came down to bad personal choices. The horrible moments in the play came down to not preparing enough. I think to Ru a lack of care and dedication is a lot worse than making an effort but still looking dumb.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
How long do they have to prepare for these challenges? I'm assuming that the costumes are pre-made for them, or at least many, many aspects of them are. So that saves time because they don't have to sew the whole thing. The editing in the show makes it feel like they do the mini challenge at about 9:00am, then choose their teams, and by 10:00am they're rehearsing. At 1:00 they practice on stage with the choreographer/Ru/Michelle, and then start getting ready. Perform at about 3:00. I mean, that is a tough schedule but each person about 6 lines at the most, it's not even close to impossible.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Episode 4 is out in the wild. Katya serves Zoidberg realness.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
And Jaidynn Diore Fierce actually makes me learn her name and who she is.

Goddamn.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Also the lipsync result is some bullshit.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

angerbeet posted:

Also the lipsync result is some bullshit.

Yeah it is. I thought she'd be top 3.

Katya owns in this episode too.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That was a terrible elimination. A real black mark on Jessica Alba's career to be part of that.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
I can't believe they went with that editing with those results.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Wait, it' not even Monday yet. Where's the preview?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
The full episode was live streamed or something and the internet got its grubby hands on it early.

In other news (ep 4)this was like watching a nightmare come to life I am so mad right now oh my god gently caress everything this is worse than DeLa. That's all :j:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Apparently, in a conversation with a fan, Katya strongly hinted that Trixie is brought back later in the season and it had better be true because that is some BULL. poo poo.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

CHiRAL posted:

The full episode was live streamed or something and the internet got its grubby hands on it early.

In other news (ep 4)this was like watching a nightmare come to life I am so mad right now oh my god gently caress everything this is worse than DeLa. That's all :j:

The gently caress is with that Quinceanera dress?!?!? Bitch should've gone home for being so forgettable. Worst bottom two, they both deserved to stay. Poor Pearl :(

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Yep, that was some bulllllllshit. Neither of them should have been in the bottom two, and then the elimination was even further off base. Dammit.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I can kind of see where Ru was coming from in the elimination.

While Trixie seemed to have a better handle on the spirit and choreography to go fit the song, when Pearly made it to center stage part way through the song she commanded attention and had an impressive stage presence. She showed the judges the passion they wanted to see from her while also showing tremendous potential star power.

Either way, it was a tough elimination. Everyone was pretty solid in their videos which is unusual for this early in the competition. Since it was so early it also meant that their wasn't enough to go on for putting someone in the bottom for being consistently below average so two strong competitors were unfortunately placed together in the bottom.

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things

dude789 posted:

I can kind of see where Ru was coming from in the elimination.

While Trixie seemed to have a better handle on the spirit and choreography to go fit the song, when Pearly made it to center stage part way through the song she commanded attention and had an impressive stage presence. She showed the judges the passion they wanted to see from her while also showing tremendous potential star power.

Either way, it was a tough elimination. Everyone was pretty solid in their videos which is unusual for this early in the competition. Since it was so early it also meant that their wasn't enough to go on for putting someone in the bottom for being consistently below average so two strong competitors were unfortunately placed together in the bottom.

re:elimination

From my perspective, this seems manufactured to keep character drama going. Pearl consistently delivers lackluster results off the runway and shifts blame when called out on it. Ru doesn't want a boring competition with only Violet to maintain the bitchy drama.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA????????????????????????????????????????????

:stare::argh::stare::argh::stare:

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

That elimination was some bullshit. Neither one should have been in the bottom.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

I can't believe they went with that editing with those results.

Seriously, I like Pearl, but I have no idea what Ru saw in her lip synch; Trixie had a lot more energy. (I assume since it just aired I don't need to use spoiler tags). Pearl's beginning to give me the vibe that's she's high fashion looks and not much else.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I fully expect a "returning Queen" twist this year.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Yeah, that was some ol' bullshit. I really expected it to be Pearl v Kandy Ho but definitely not what went down. Given what was shown in the edit, it really felt like a manufactured decision.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Pinwiz11 posted:

I fully expect a "returning Queen" twist this year.

Yeah, I'd rather see that than a double non-elimination.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

They were honestly the two weakest on the weakest team this week. No way are they the weakest in the competition, but this week, yea. Hopefully they'll bring Trixie back. Pearl's lip sync was INTENSE. I'm not sure it was appropriate for the song, but it was chilling.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
What the hell was that?

How did nobody clock that Ms. Kasha Davis Matthew Lesko Halloween store outfit?

How did Kennedy win over Jayden?!?!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Totally agree.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Eight Dollars posted:

How did Kennedy win over Jayden?!?!

Yea. That challenge was Jayden or Violet's. I couldn't even remember Kennedy's look when they awarded her the win.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I mean, I see why Tan With You was the worst of the lot, but the QVC parody didn't have really any major choreography since it was mostly waist up, and I can't remember what most of those queens did even 20 minutes after.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

Yea. That challenge was Jayden or Violet's. I couldn't even remember Kennedy's look when they awarded her the win.

I'd even throw Katya in there as well as deserving because she rose above the rest of the her pack like a phoenix with the ultimate "cool mom" haircut.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Poor Trixie. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eG2vOyQuvP0

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
efb

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

If we learned anything today...

Katya is still awesome. :allears:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I've decided next episode is when I start yelling at Max to go home.

God, it's like the worst parts of Milk and Jinkx. Mix. Max.

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
I can maybe see why Pearl was in the bottom 2 but both Kandy and Kasha deserved to be there over Trixie. And Trixie totally won that lip synch! That was just complete and utter bullshit. I don't even know why Kennedy won.

Though I watch Drag Race with my mom and she can't remember the names of most the queens for some reason so she calls Max Milk and Katya Kanye for some reason. She also loves Pearl and was really worried when she was in the bottom.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I was SO MAD at those results I immediately went over to complain about it on the internet. Glad I'm not the only one! I agree that Kandy Ho should have been in; there was an actual moment where I was like wait, she's still in? And had to rewind to earlier in the episode to figure out what team she was even on.

SO MAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

At the Atlanta watching party Violet called her "Kandy Who?" and said "I forgot she was even on the show for a minute."

• Locked thread