Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

##Vote Rurea

Seriously, a shot in joke phase?

I'm glad you did that because it was scummy as heck but me doing it would be "oh gosh ecco such OMGUS let me vote you instead!" which is very dumb but alas.

##vote rurea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

What is the thing in :boom: supposed to be anyway? I thought it was a lady but the yellow face and Caucasian hands are throwing me off.

Also ##vote rurea

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Rurea posted:

What the gently caress

You tried to shoot Ecco during joke phase. It failed, and now I'm voting you. Also, I'm deep in a YouTube exploration of the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Little Mac posted:

What is the thing in :boom: supposed to be anyway? I thought it was a lady but the yellow face and Caucasian hands are throwing me off.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-53189-taylor-swift-crotch-chop-gif-I-XFod.gif

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

Also, I'm deep in a YouTube exploration of the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble.

Me too.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BUT WHY IS HER FACE YELLOW

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Little Mac posted:

BUT WHY IS HER FACE YELLOW

That's her hair?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Fun story I played beer pong on halloween against a whole army of the most bro-y looking guys Chicago could offer and I beat every single one of them and did the crotch-chop just like this each time (only this was before it was a thing, so step off becky)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
[[

]]

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hi I'm town get over it ecco is still alive

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

Fun story I played beer pong on halloween against a whole army of the most bro-y looking guys Chicago could offer and I beat every single one of them and did the crotch-chop just like this each time (only this was before it was a thing, so step off becky)

I used to play beer pong with actual ping pong paddles ... in actual ping pong games. I had such a culture shock when I moved here and then realized that people actually use their hands and play table basketball and call it beer pong.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Rurea (3): Byers2142, EccoRaven, Little Mac
Byers2142 (1): Poison Mushroom
EccoRaven (1): LordVorbis
Poison Mushroom (1): HiipFire, EccoRaven, Little Mac, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, EccoRaven, Little Mac
Ernie. (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven

Not Voting (9): Ernie., Ghostly Gangsta, King Burgundy, Max, Opopanax, Poque, Rurea, Shark Mafia, yuming

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to hang. The current deadline is March 24th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 1 hour.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rurea posted:

Hi I'm town
I don't think so. Looked like you just wanted to quickly shoot a townie in jokephase and say "aw shucks well whatever I guess them's the breaks v:)v"

Ernie. posted:

I used to play beer pong with actual ping pong paddles

How does that even work??

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rurea posted:

Hi I'm town get over it ecco is still alive

Hi world, Africa still has living people, get over it.
~ Ebola

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

How does that even work??

Same way you play normal ping pong but you have to defend the cups. You can lose a game without having to drink!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I love ping pong. I wish they had ping pong halls in the same way there exist pool halls.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Byers2142 posted:

That's her hair?

No, zoom in on the GIF. The face is yellow. It's maddening.

Also I played beer pong in college but it was really dumb because I don't drink so I'd always make my partner drink the other beers and people would groan but if I said I didn't want to play since I didn't drink people would groan. I like being a real adult where people don't care as much about that kind of stuff anymore.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

I love ping pong. I wish they had ping pong halls in the same way there exist pool halls.

Come to Ottawa! >:]

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

King Burgundy posted:

They're called rec centers.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm torn on the Rurea thing. I feel like if I had a vig, I'd absolutely use it on D1. But I agree that there was very little justification for the shot and we are very early in the day.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

I think KB wants an actual bar-like thing where you can go for pickup games or book a table with friends etc. This is a thing Ottawa/Canada are good at.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's a pool hall with a bunch of ping pong tables in Nanaimo, come visit and we'll ping some pong.

Also confirming

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You don't want to go to the east coast. It's cold there, and they have inferior light bulbs

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

I'm torn on the Rurea thing. I feel like if I had a vig, I'd absolutely use it on D1. But I agree that there was very little justification for the shot and we are very early in the day.

lookit dis scummy fence-sitting

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote eccoraven

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

That is not exactly the vibe I was hoping for.

Ernie. posted:

Come to Ottawa! >:]

Ernie. posted:

I think KB wants an actual bar-like thing where you can go for pickup games or book a table with friends etc. This is a thing Ottawa/Canada are good at.

Opopanax posted:

There's a pool hall with a bunch of ping pong tables in Nanaimo, come visit and we'll ping some pong.

Also confirming

Apparently I need to take a trip to Canada at some point. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

lookit dis scummy fence-sitting

Yeah, not going to put up with this kind of ridiculousness today.

##vote EccoRaven

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
You were fence-sitting like crazy in that post, KB.

"I mean, yeah, it was scummy, but was it really scummy? I just don't know!"

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Live show is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IcP4iZIezk

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

You were fence-sitting like crazy in that post, KB.

"I mean, yeah, it was scummy, but was it really scummy? I just don't know!"

Because I'm still thinking about it. You know who comes off as doing something without thought? Rurea. Who you are voting for. For doing exactly that. ;)

Still plenty of day left for Rurea to sink or swim.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Right then, light's out ##vote KB

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Awesome. Checking this out.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, not going to put up with this kind of ridiculousness today.

##vote EccoRaven

You made a post that went both ways, Ecco called it out, and you came over the top with a vote on Ecco? Seems overly aggressive,

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

You made a post that went both ways, Ecco called it out, and you came over the top with a vote on Ecco? Seems overly aggressive,

Because that is the dumbest mafia thing ever. I don't have to be assertive and decisive with every thing I do. It is ridiculous to expect that from anyone. Apparently I've reached my limit on hearing it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

Because I'm still thinking about it. You know who comes off as doing something without thought? Rurea. Who you are voting for. For doing exactly that. ;)

Still plenty of day left for Rurea to sink or swim.
This post isn't helping you.

It's not about whether you were doing something without thought or not, it's about how this kind of fence-sitting is scummy because it lets you later on vote for Rurea saying "I agree, notice how I said it was scummy earlier" or not vote for Rurea saying "I agree, notice how I said it wasn't scummy earlier." Townies don't really need to equivocate that much, but scum do.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

Because that is the dumbest mafia thing ever. I don't have to be assertive and decisive with every thing I do. It is ridiculous to expect that from anyone. Apparently I've reached my limit on hearing it.

Sure okay.

You should vote for Rurea though because his thing was way scummier than your thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

This post isn't helping you.

It's not about whether you were doing something without thought or not, it's about how this kind of fence-sitting is scummy because it lets you later on vote for Rurea saying "I agree, notice how I said it was scummy earlier" or not vote for Rurea saying "I agree, notice how I said it wasn't scummy earlier." Townies don't really need to equivocate that much, but scum do.

Nope.

If I were to actually do those things, THAT would be scummy. Me saying the first thing was not. You are essentially accusing me before the crime.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

Nope.

If I were to actually do those things, THAT would be scummy. Me saying the first thing was not. You are essentially accusing me before the crime.

Sure ok.

You should vote for Rurea though because his thing was way scummier than your thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

Sure ok.

Hah. I don't trust your opinion right now.

I'll judge for myself once Rurea has posted more. (Or not, I'll judge that too!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EccoRaven posted:

Sure ok.

See to me though, the fence sitting usually would mean rurea is town, and that KB was trying to hang back so when Rurea flips town he can go "See, I knew it!".

I haven't read back far enough to see what Rurea did, so maybe it's egregious, but these things tend to follow patterns

• Locked thread