Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Not all of us have silky smooth beard hair from whatever genetic stock is known for being greasy and naturally shiny. Some of us need poo poo to keep our beards in line. Just combing mine doesn't do poo poo unless I comb up and out and look like a real hobo.

Straight up Jewish and Prairie friend of the family.

We've covered this: God never meant for these genes to combine, and no good ever comes from interbreeding.

Lot of smart people said that, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

-wrong thread

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 21, 2015

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Signing up for classes in the introductory to college welcome 'class' and had to talk to people. Mentioned I was in the military and was seeking to educate myself. First question asked is do I have the PTSDs. When I got out I would went on a long rant just to freak this kid out but just responded with nah man...nah...just chill'n. Afterwards someone dropped a book on the ground and I kinda flinched/spiked my head that way and this little poo poo chuckles.

I have the feeling I'm going to get very angry at people for no reason and should probably start taking my medication again.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MaxPowers posted:

Signing up for classes in the introductory to college welcome 'class' and had to talk to people. Mentioned I was in the military and was seeking to educate myself. First question asked is do I have the PTSDs. When I got out I would went on a long rant just to freak this kid out but just responded with nah man...nah...just chill'n. Afterwards someone dropped a book on the ground and I kinda flinched/spiked my head that way and this little poo poo chuckles.

I have the feeling I'm going to get very angry at people for no reason and should probably start taking my medication again.

thats what you get fishing for attaboys in college

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ weed, yo

well, a plus side to the delay is my annual purge is going extremely well. got a bunch of poo poo lined up to be sold off, threw out a bunch more poo poo, cut my clothes selection in half again, got a nice size goodwill pile going on. even unloaded my lumber pile on someone who will actually use it.

less poo poo = more happy

beard and boots

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 21, 2015

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

beard and boots

Consider dumping the ballcap and King's Questing up your headwear. I think it's an excellent idea and you can thank me later.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

beard and boots

lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
nah, this hat's served me well many a year already. probably it's last summer in service unless it holds up well. any oddball caps are going to be limited to one day before dumpster and not something I'm going to spend money on, so get used to seeing it in any pictures.

unless mountain wind eats it. loving hungry mountains.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm reconsidering trimming the beard before I go. I mean, I've got a solid start on what could be a majestic monster bird nest of a beard. probably been a month and change since I trimmed it last. any nice days and I'm going to be exposing nature to the ungodly amount of body hair I have on my upper torso. gotta get some sun.

basically my plan is to come off the trail looking like I escaped the state sanitarium

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

If I learned anything in the Military shaving is all about hygiene, rah?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
no, shaving is about conformity.

beards can be maintained and hygienic, but try getting a company of guys to keep their poo poo in line. hell, a squad would be hard to keep consistent.

but you are allowed to look like a pedophile with a bad mustache because the regs are so tight or CSMs are asshats.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

thats what you get fishing for attaboys in college

It's a really good explanation for why you're a (relatively) old gently caress on a 4 year campus instead of doing 10 years of night classes at a community college like a normal non-trad student. I tend to out myself if I'm feeling self-conscious about my age.

For what it's worth, nobody in film school seems to gives a poo poo.

Or maybe I've gone full autist and just can't tell.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Well there's a difference between being the older dude who was in the military or the weird veteran who talks about NASCAR a lot.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nascar is the dumbest poo poo ever. Even Cole doesn't like nascar I bet.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
In terms of motorsports, NASCAR is the absolute worst.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

no, shaving is about conformity.

beards can be maintained and hygienic, but try getting a company of guys to keep their poo poo in line. hell, a squad would be hard to keep consistent.

but you are allowed to look like a pedophile with a bad mustache because the regs are so tight or CSMs are asshats.

We had several dudes in my squadron where we had to buy them soap, toothpaste and deodorant. So yeah I'm willing to bet hygiene is part of it.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Wow literally shaking thanks for making me feel okay with my deviant hipster ways in comparison to you

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

/\ weed, yo

well, a plus side to the delay is my annual purge is going extremely well. got a bunch of poo poo lined up to be sold off, threw out a bunch more poo poo, cut my clothes selection in half again, got a nice size goodwill pile going on. even unloaded my lumber pile on someone who will actually use it.

less poo poo = more happy

beard and boots

:sigh:

Probably would.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GiPcest

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

still never got a response on my post from last month

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

nah, this hat's served me well many a year already. probably it's last summer in service unless it holds up well. any oddball caps are going to be limited to one day before dumpster and not something I'm going to spend money on, so get used to seeing it in any pictures.

unless mountain wind eats it. loving hungry mountains.

i will buy you a Davey Crockett hat

Edit: FWIW the story about not being able to get a seal on a gas mask is accurate. After a couple of weeks without shaving I was loving with chemicals in the garage and probably gave myself brain cancer because I couldn't get the respirator to seal up worth a drat. You'd need the hitlerstache equivalent of a goatee to make it work.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 21, 2015

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
does this still function as a drunk thread

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's been getting up into the 40s most days for about a week and a half, most of the snow is gone. But there have been at least three idiots in the local area who have decided to "test" the ice on lakes and rivers by driving their cars out on them and sinking. I think the next one is going to have to drown to get the point across.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Just as it was finally starting to warm up a little bit... it snowed again today. gently caress New York.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
NASCAR is stupid.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Gross.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I always got the impression that shaving became a thing during little brouhaha we had a ways back with the gas masks and trenches and whatnot. It would have made sense at the time, and Major Burnside et al. for god drat sure would have disagreed that shaving was a part of military service before that time. So at first it served a purpose.

Unfortunately that purpose allowed it to be one of the few ideas to penetrate the reinforced-concrete-bunker-thick skulls of people with rank and once that happens it's like a pit bull with a ham bone; they'll never let that fucker go. Eventually someone says something like, "Sir, we haven't been to Europe for a few decades now. The war's over. We're not actually wearing those gas masks anymore." and since critical thinking or having ideas is like dividing by zero in their brains everything kinda short circuits and they start flashing the error message, "Tradition, Tradition, Tradition".

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Beards also aren't "in" in western society. It isn't what folks default to, it comes off as old fashioned. I mean who was our last bearded president? Taft?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Good guess. 102 years.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Chicks and the gays love my beard.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

:roflolmao:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Straight up Jewish and Prairie friend of the family.

We've covered this: God never meant for these genes to combine, and no good ever comes from interbreeding.

Lot of smart people said that, too.

Counterpoint: Hispanic chicks

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Keep your skin from drying out and wash your beard every 3-5 days with mild shampoo. If you get dry beard, buy beard oil and draw a line out on a comb. Boom, slick, cleanish beard for the day.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Chicks and the gays love my beard.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I still cant grow a beard and people are surprised when I say I shave. this was once a benefit in the land before civilian life

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Rogaine your face

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
take fuckloads of testosterone until you're sprouting hair from your eyelids

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Go back in time and tell your mother to gently caress hairier men.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Go back in time and tell your mother to gently caress hairier men.

On subs we kept are beards crisp with LS hygenics and crotch sweat.

Sometimes we ran out of the combs

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

holocaust bloopers posted:

In terms of motorsports, NASCAR is the absolute worst.

Wrong.

F1 is the loving worst.

Not only do they suffer from the same dumb poo poo all other motorsports suffer from, they are loving snotty bitches. At least Nascar drivers know most of their fan base is white trash blue collar. F1 drivers/sanctioning body still thinks it is for the sophisticated.

And somehow, Bernie Eccelstone manages to make Brian France not the biggest tool involved in motorsports.

This is not an endorsement of Nascar as much as its a insult of F1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
F1 has some insane engineering and honest to God amazing poo poo, but at this point they're really just good at forcing massive amounts of power and fuel efficency through very tiny motors. NASCAR probably has the most consistent drivers imaginable, because their laptimes are often within milliseconds of one another where even a slight involuntary tensing of the shoulders can cost a race. No real innovation because of how insane the rule book has become, they really need to go back to the old Smokey Yunick days where it's not cheating if the inspector doesn't catch it before the race, because that was amazing poo poo.

LeMans is more elitist than F1 without any of the engineering prowess all while they're pretty much just at the mercy of VW and it's subsidiaries for funding, ever since they forced Mazda out for using rotary engines that did much better in 24hr races they've pretty much just been the realm of petty slapfights between Audi and Mercedes

• Locked thread