Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Since baseball is still in spring training, football is on break, and more people are concerned over their brackets than actually watching basketball, this is a perfect time to run the 3rd ever All-Sports Sheep contest. Answers from ANY sport are applicable here.

What's a sheep game?

If you haven't figured it out by now, here's a refresher from Xenophon:

Xenophon posted:

What the gently caress is a sheep

The game is not complicated.

1. There will be a list of questions at the bottom of this post. The object of the game is to provide the MOST COMMON response from the people playing the game, kind of like Family Feud. You receive one point for each person who provided the same answer. In other words, if the question was "What is best in life," and 10 players said "To crush your enemies," each of those players would receive 10 points. If 5 players said "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist," they would each receive 5 points. If 1 player said "Hello Kitty," he would receive 1 points (and the public condemnation of his peers).

2. Every question scores points, even if only one. The MOST points, after all the questions are added up, wins the game.

3. There are no right or wrong answers - your job is to provide the MOST COMMON answer. So even if you really, really think that "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist" is best in life, it might still be in your best interest to answer "To crush your enemies." This means that even a factually incorrect answer can score the most points! You have to decide what you think everyone else will say.

4. Some of the questions are vague - intentionally so! It's your job to interpret them as you think the majority of SAS will.

When submitting questions :siren: please do not include numbers or questions in your entry form! :siren: a good ballot looks like this:

Example questions posted:

1. What is your favorite color?
2. What is your favorite number?

Example Answer ballot posted:

Red
Seven

Answering this way makes for a seamless entry into the tool I use.

Email your answers along with your username to generalsheepgame@gmail.com. Seriously, make sure your username is there.

Without further ado, here are the questions:

1. Whenever a team moves to a new city, it's always heartbreaking. But this team move was the worst.
2. Las Vegas is probably about to get an NHL team. Besides there, name a city most deserving of a team that does not have at least one of the big four (MLB, NHL, NBA, and NFL) sports teams there now.
3. I love sports, but there are definitely some dark aspects to it. Besides injuries, I wish I could remove __________ from all sports
4. I think this current athlete is hated on the media way more than they deserve.
5. On the flipside, the media loves this current athlete way too much, and he / she is a total dick.
6 Last time, we established Cleveland as the worst city for sports almost unanimously. What city is the 2nd worst?
7. The USA has five big sports - the NFL, MLB, NBA NHL and MLS (lol). I think it's time we add this sport as a major US one.
8. In the last Super Bowl, Pete Carroll made one of the stupidest coaching decisions by throwing instead of running. Name another terrible coaching decision in sports.
9. The 2016 Olympics in Rio are coming up! There's always scandal and controversy in the Olympics. Predict (in general terms) what that scandal will be.
10. Which athlete loves god more than Tim Tebow loves god?
11. I wish this athlete had been taught how to use condoms a long time ago.
12. I look at the body of this athlete and I still wonder how the hell they play professional sports.
13. What was the most interesting sports news story of 2014?
14. Settling this once and for all - What's the most hated team in sports?

You have until Wednesday, March 25th at 8:00pm Pacific time to send in your answers. The reveal will begin around 7:00pm Pacific time on Thursday, March 26th. The reveal is easily the most fun part of the thread, so don't miss it! One or two avatar certificates will be up for grabs (depending on how the reveal goes) - how you win them is undisclosed however.

Also, :siren: don't discuss the questions in the thread! :siren: it will affect the voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Current player list:
117 players:

abel wingnut
alansmithee
Alfred P. Pseudonym
AllTerrineVehicle
Ammat the Ankh
Anders
Articpuma
Azhais
Badfinger
Bawfuls
Benne
brainguy
Buane
C. Everett Koop
CannonFodder
CBJSprague24
CellBlock
ChampRamp
Christ Pseudoscientist
craigk
Cruel and Unusual
Crunkjuice
CzarStark
Dale Ouise
DannoMack
darkwolf220
Deadly Intersection
Deathlove
Dingleberry Jones
doomocrat
DukeChin
E_Motion
elwoodcuse
evanth
Everblight
Exodor
FairGame
fartknocker
Flyinglemur
Frank Eufemia
GeneX
Great White Hope
Grittybeard
GuavaMoment
Guignol
Haschel Cedricson
i am not so sure
Ice To Meet You
IcePhoenix
Infidel Castro
INSPECTAH DECK
Inspector_666
Jawknee
JoelJoel
johnfw50
josefstalinator
kalensc
Kalli
KettleWL
KIM JONG TRILL
lloyol
Magicpants
marioinblack
McStabby
Meeler09
mentholmoose
Metapod
Mike Works
Mr. Fix It
myron cope
naginalJJ
Ninurta
No Safe Word
Nostalgia4Butts
OperaMouse
Pander
PantsFreeZone
Paper Tiger
Parmesan Basil
Pet Rock Band
pig slut lisa
Pops Mgee
Pungry
Recursive
Reformed Pissboy
Rincewind
Rogue Elephant
sa fits
Shadow Ninja 64
Silly Burrito
skaboomizzy
Spamtron7000
Spoeank
stab
straight up brolic
swickles
Tadashi
tehchekt
Thaddius the Large
The Glumslinger
The Locator
The Midniter
the talent deficit
ThinkTank
tinstaach
Tony Phillips
TUS
Twin Cinema
Vlad Antlerkov
Wall Balls
Whypick1
WienerDog
Worthleast
Xenophon
Yoshifan823
zakharov
Zodijackylite

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 26, 2015

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
siiiiick

entered

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sent.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Some of these were surprisingly hard to come up with answers for, especially since I'm actually kinda-sorta trying to win instead of going for all smartass answers like the last couple of these I've done.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Sent

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Sent mine in. Definitely some good questions! http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06162006

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I'll be submitting later, but you should post this in TFF as well.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I missed out on the baseball edition, but I think I will flail and do terribly in this one!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I had trouble with a couple but my answers are in

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

He put a post in the N/V thread.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

zakharov posted:

I'll make a reminder post in every major N/V thread around the weekend time and a 24 hour notice for submissions :)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I'm not seeing your answers. Did you send to the right e-mail address? I once got an e-mail for of Xenophon's sheep games, so it's possible! generalsheepgame@gmail.com

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Sent, bunch of fun questions up this time.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Completely baseball centric answers sent.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
ballot should be fixed

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Answers submitted, definitely some questions I went with my true feelings over the popular opinion. Win with class.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
I never come close to winning but answers sent in anyway.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
I love sheep games! Completely football-centric answers sent and I can't wait to read the hilarious joke answers

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Sent mine in, but I'm not in the little list, let me know if I messed it up and you didn't get it.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Submitted. Thank you for running this, seiferguy.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JosefStalinator posted:

Sent mine in, but I'm not in the little list, let me know if I messed it up and you didn't get it.

I've seen your submission. I'm at work and my sheep software is on my home computer, so I'll process yours (among many others) when I get home and revise the list.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Sent! Reveal should be fun.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

7 is asking about team sports exclusively, yea? or is that up for interpretation?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Abel Wingnut posted:

7 is asking about team sports exclusively, yea? or is that up for interpretation?

quote:

4. Some of the questions are vague - intentionally so! It's your job to interpret them as you think the majority of SAS will.

Also, thank you mystery mod who pinned this.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Sending mine in now. Since my finger is on the aorta of SAS, I feel my answers will reflect all of your thoughts.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Sent mine in, even though I know nothing about Hockey and Soccer and only really follow the Warriors in the NBA

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I sent you some answers. People who don't agree with me have inferior opinions about sports and probably live shameful lives.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Submitted! Let's see if I sent it to the right email address this time :downs:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Player list updated. Let me know if you're missing, or something.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Submitted.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Sent mine in, my almost total lack of comprehensive sports knowledge notwithstanding.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

When you say 'worst city for sports' do you mean the teams are bad, the fans are bad, or the city is a shithole, or all three?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

When you say 'worst city for sports' do you mean the teams are bad, the fans are bad, or the city is a shithole, or all three?

quote:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So just a general poll - a few questions have a lot of aces (won't say which). I could generalize these a lot to group them or keep them as is. Should I group them? I don't think it'll affect scoring too much.

Also, some of you are submitting poorly formatted ballots. I've let them slip by for now but it's getting pretty tedious to reformat them!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

seiferguy posted:

So just a general poll - a few questions have a lot of aces (won't say which). I could generalize these a lot to group them or keep them as is. Should I group them? I don't think it'll affect scoring too much.

Also, some of you are submitting poorly formatted ballots. I've let them slip by for now but it's getting pretty tedious to reformat them!

Sorry I didn't notice that addendum before. Just delete mine and I'll resend it!

I'd say combine answers into groups for easier comprehension. Especially good and unique examples in the group could maybe be highlighted.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Combine answers.

A few of the questions I answered expecting other people to have similar (though not the same) answers. So if you group them that means more points for me.

brainguy
Jan 25, 2007

Why be Toolsy when you can be Gumby

seiferguy posted:

please forgive me

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pander posted:

Sorry I didn't notice that addendum before. Just delete mine and I'll resend it!

I'd say combine answers into groups for easier comprehension. Especially good and unique examples in the group could maybe be highlighted.

I've already put yours in; basically if you submitted before that last post you're good.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Combine answers.

A few of the questions I answered expecting other people to have similar (though not the same) answers. So if you group them that means more points for me.

This is kind of what I'm leaning towards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

seiferguy posted:

which ever one benefits me the most is the one i want

• Locked thread