Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

is the armored kuruma worth getting for the bulletproof windows and handle and stuff or is better to save your money for something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

commy gun posted:

is the armored kuruma worth getting for the bulletproof windows and handle and stuff or is better to save your money for something else?

It's pretty much the best car in the game. half of the old missions, you can just drive into the middle of the bad guys with each person spraying in a different direction with a machine gun, and finish the mission in 1/4 of the time.

On the street, it's great because you can drive around and murder people, and it costs them $6500 to murder you back.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Kelly posted:

It is a First Day of Spring Miracle! Bitbasher and I did the heist part in the prison heist with two pubbies and it essentially went off without a hitch. They pubbie did a nice split too - we all made over 100k.

I cannot tell you how shocked I am that it went that smoothly. Especially since no one was talking except me and you, and apparently the pubbie playing the prisoner wasn't listening either.

commy gun posted:

In free roam it's pretty iffy, but for doing missions or heists it is fantastic. It makes many missions just plain hilarious to do.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Powershift posted:

It's pretty much the best car in the game. half of the old missions, you can just drive into the middle of the bad guys with each person spraying in a different direction with a machine gun, and finish the mission in 1/4 of the time.

On the street, it's great because you can drive around and murder people, and it costs them $6500 to murder you back.

All this and it handles well.

BitBasher posted:

I cannot tell you how shocked I am that it went that smoothly. Especially since no one was talking except me and you, and apparently the pubbie playing the prisoner wasn't listening either.

In free roam it's pretty iffy, but for doing missions or heists it is fantastic. It makes many missions just plain hilarious to do.

I did hear you repeat a couple times he didn't need a car because you had one - I figured it was going south at that point, but amazingly it didn't. Flying behind the jets was perfect- they didn't fire a single shot at me.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Kelly posted:

I did hear you repeat a couple times he didn't need a car because you had one - I figured it was going south at that point, but amazingly it didn't. Flying behind the jets was perfect- they didn't fire a single shot at me.

I was driving an armored car and he was leading the prisoner. I was driving next to him honking the horn and talking into the mic while he and the prisoner walked alongside killing cops and running for another vehicle outside the prison. I was a little worried at the time but it all worked out.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Slim Killington posted:

When you want to do this two-tone pearlescent thing with a paint job, always make the dark color the primary. Make the darkest blue/purple metallic the base color, and orange the pearlescent color.

This is the winning combination, it's beautiful. Thank you.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Ooh how enticing a bunch of links with no indication of how long they are or what they individually entail :allears:

Ohhhhh look! Someone whose time and energy is much too valuable to look without links and descriptions, but takes time to post about it, thereby wasting additional precious time and energy. How exciting!

Ziploc keep fighting the good fight son. You can run with the fun crew anytime. In fact, if Literallygary doesn't get his priorities straight and come running when he's beckoned, you can me his replacement as the best pilot goon.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Sophia wants to watch Supernatural. See you in 10 seasons

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Ohhhhh look! Someone whose time and energy is much too valuable to look without links and descriptions, but takes time to post about it, thereby wasting additional precious time and energy. How exciting!

Ziploc keep fighting the good fight son. You can run with the fun crew anytime. In fact, if Literallygary doesn't get his priorities straight and come running when he's beckoned, you can me his replacement as the best pilot goon.

i will lazer dogfight u son

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm on on PS4 if anybody needs a 4th or wants to do regular missions or races or needs help getting their dalies or whatever.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

omg chael crash posted:

Sophia wants to watch Supernatural. See you in 10 seasons

I'm gonna need you to turn in your man card, aviator sunglasses and flare gun. You're out.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

I'm gonna need you to turn in your man card, aviator sunglasses and flare gun. You're out.

I'll be your huckleberry.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Is anybody still playing on the 360 or has everyone jumped to next gen?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Went on a 2-hour (I think) Insurgent rampage with Maniac Cop, Powerswift, Craptacular, and others. The Insurgent is such an unfair vehicle, I love it.

epsilon-6
Dec 25, 2002
If anyone wants to do some heists or dailies or whatever on ps3, I'm tenderclownhug.

I want to get through the loving prison break and move on so bad. :(

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Is anybody still playing on the 360 or has everyone jumped to next gen?

I'm still here, as well as a few other other goons. Hit me up: Xander I Crews

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Craptacular posted:

Also, I need a break from heists for a bit, so who's down for some racing on Saturday evening, around 7 or 8 pm CDT? I'm thinking of doing a good number of GTA races, but also a non-contact race, a locked-choice race, and maybe even one of those new truckers v. bikers races. If you're interested, link your favorite race on Social Club ITT so I can make a playlist. Let's do 16+ player races too so we can get as many people as possible.

Let's do this at 8pm CDT March 20 (tomorrow). Here's the tentative playlist, which is subject to change if people want to add some more. I will send out invites tomorrow at 8 to everyone in LLJK.

No truckers-v-bikers, because I didn't realize those were only 8 players.

e: if someone wanted to suggest an off-road race, I noticed I didn't have one of those in the list.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

commy gun posted:

theCalamity posted:

Went on a 2-hour (I think) Insurgent rampage with Maniac Cop, Powerswift, Craptacular, and others. The Insurgent is such an unfair vehicle, I love it.

Get the Insurgent! It's wicked fast, it is unmovable in that it plows through almost everything without losing speed, and it fits 6 people! (With 2 on the sides). We were chasing a fast car down the highway and we caught up because basically only that car had to deal with traffic. Cars in the way? Meh. Go through them. The Insurgent is also practically indestructible! It can take 3 rockets! 3 tank shots! Oh no they managed to destroy it :( Good thing it costs $16,875 to replace!

cka
May 3, 2004

epsilon-6 posted:

If anyone wants to do some heists or dailies or whatever on ps3, I'm tenderclownhug.

There's still a bunch of us on PS3, I sent you a friend request earlier and I'm happy to help with heisting if I'm around

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
What's the closest looking thing I can get to a Monte Carlo or a Cutlass Supreme? The Emperor?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Slim Killington posted:

What's the closest looking thing I can get to a Monte Carlo or a Cutlass Supreme? The Emperor?

Sabre Turbo

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

epsilon-6 posted:

gonna add you as a friend im fresh420prince

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I'll be on, and like I dunno.

I thought this was suppose to happen as planned but I guess you cannot do the first fleeca heist with 100% going towards one player. I tried having my friend host so he could get the shirt, and switch off. Turns out 70% is cap :(

On that note, I will be on tonight for a while, if people want to heist. I'm gunna be trying to fall 325ft and survive bullshit daily. The rest are easy.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Cheers, thanks. Now that I've got my cop uniform I needed the right car to get my Training Day on.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oh god, I just had Vice City flashbacks :ohdear:.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

theCalamity posted:

Maniac :cop: here. That was glorious, I can't see myself driving anything else ever again.

We had two machine-gun Insurgents and, at one point, 3 (4?) regular Insurgents rolling together just emptying servers. Thank you Rockstar. :snoop:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Prokhor posted:

Get the Insurgent! It's wicked fast, it is unmovable in that it plows through almost everything without losing speed, and it fits 6 people! (With 2 on the sides). We were chasing a fast car down the highway and we caught up because basically only that car had to deal with traffic. Cars in the way? Meh. Go through them. The Insurgent is also practically indestructible! It can take 3 rockets! 3 tank shots! Oh no they managed to destroy it :( Good thing it costs $16,875 to replace!

Regular Insurgent or Unleaded Insurgent?

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Scyron posted:

On that note, I will be on tonight for a while, if people want to heist. I'm gunna be trying to fall 325ft and survive bullshit daily. The rest are easy.

That one is actually really easy, get in a plane and climb, hop out and fall 325 feet, pull parachute and land.

Edit: and IIRC it doesn't give you credit until you pull the parachute, so just fall more than enough.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Mar 21, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Duke Chin posted:

Regular Insurgent or Unleaded Insurgent?

Regular, so you can fill other people with lead :v:.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh god, I just had Vice City flashbacks :ohdear:.

Sunset red and cream is the only way to go.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
A cute chick with a really nice voice is streaming, y'all should check it out

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Bondematt posted:

That one is actually really easy, get in a plane and climb, hop out and fall 325 feet, pull parachute and land.

Edit: and IIRC it doesn't give you credit until you pull the parachute, so just fall more than enough.

After youtubing it, I guess I understand that. It just seems so weird. But thanks for the reinsurance.

I am back on, in a more fun state, and doing dailys, again.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Shoutout to freshprince for introducing me to goon crew by turning my white virgin dot into a nice rosy one. Curbstomping puppies is very cathartic.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Scyron posted:

But thanks for the reinsurance.

Mors Mutual... How can I help?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Craptacular posted:

Let's do this at 8pm CDT March 20 (tomorrow). Here's the tentative playlist, which is subject to change if people want to add some more. I will send out invites tomorrow at 8 to everyone in LLJK.

No truckers-v-bikers, because I didn't realize those were only 8 players.

e: if someone wanted to suggest an off-road race, I noticed I didn't have one of those in the list.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/4XYne7mxt0yCHSLmBJoNSQ - working link
It's not for off-road vehicles but this is a pretty good GTA race down Mt Chiliad.

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 21, 2015

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Mash posted:

Maniac :cop: here. That was glorious, I can't see myself driving anything else ever again.

We had two machine-gun Insurgents and, at one point, 3 (4?) regular Insurgents rolling together just emptying servers. Thank you Rockstar. :snoop:

Yeah, the Insurgent is going to be go to vehicle from now until they decide to nerf it. Traffic is a non issue now. Cops don't matter. And if someone destroys it, they have to pay 17k.

If anyone needs someone for heists on PS4, let me know. PSN: theCatastrophe.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

GOD IS BED posted:

I'm still here, as well as a few other other goons. Hit me up: Xander I Crews

Thanks. I'm OldStNichols

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
I'll be playing on Xbone in about 2 hours for a while. If anyone could host the 3rd heist, that would be great.

I've been trying since launch to unlock the vehicle from it and can't find anyone to do it. Pubbies will do one of the setup missions, then quit at the end and I still haven't finished my own Prison Break one. I just want the insurgent and that sweet helicopter.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

theCalamity posted:

Cops don't matter.

That was the best part. At one point someone goes "Oh hey we've got a 5 star wanted level". Like nobody had noticed. The cops had stopped being anything we'd just drive through them and ignore that they were even there it was so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

Cheers, thanks. Now that I've got my cop uniform I needed the right car to get my Training Day on.

Buccaneer.

• Locked thread