Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Well I was shown to be foolish!

I should have caught on that King-aligned shouldn't have meant town though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I thought Ecco was just going to do random stuff. I didn't expect something so formal. I tried to turbo the game asap while it was small, but having it be larger would have actually helped. Notes for the next person to spring this onto anyone.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I slept through the game.... but I'll ##play if anything were to come up. Watch me sleep through that one too.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
make the real game happen

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Working on it!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

:ghost: I'm just going to sulk for the real game because I'm the only one that died for real before the game started.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Confirming that I don't have my role PM.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Confirming that I do have my role PM.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hooray! Everyone should have their role PMs; check your inboxes and emails. Thank you for being patient with me!

For reference, all the role PMs look something like this:

A Sample Role PM posted:

Player - Character Name - Flavor Title (alignment-aligned role)
Some stuff in italics. It is mostly flavor, like who you are, why you're here. Your motivation. Feel free to roleplay; I love it.
You are a townie! You seek to liberate your city and thwart the King's Assassins, and as such you win when all scum players are eliminated from the game. You have the normal town powers of posting and voting in the thread. / You are an assassin! You have been sent here to quell the rebellion in this town, and as such win when the scum have unassailable control over the vote or nothing can stop the same.
Additionally, here are some other powers that you might have, if any!
You are a role title and you are alignment-aligned.

Character names are generated randomly using various easy-to-find internet programs, as well as random Wikipedia articles and my own creativity.

Flips will look like this:

:s: Player Name, Character Name, Flavor Title (alignment-aligned role), died in a flavor-specific way. :s:

Example:

:s: Varinn, Ana de la Lorca, Leader (town-aligned ecco cop), was stabbed to death night 0. :s:

The game should be beginning shortly!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hey I got a role pm for this game!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hello i am confirmed

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The death of Ana left a huge hole in the hearts of the town. Ana recited poetry that helped inspire the town to "take off the shackles of Kings" and was elected by popular vote to be the leader until the revolution was complete and the King's armies were defeated. But even though she may be dead, her memory and message of love and redemption will forever live on. And the words of her poetry will be the last thing her murderers will hear as they swing from the gallows!

:s: Varinn, Ana de la Lorca, Leader (town-aligned ecco cop), was stabbed to death night 0. :s:

It is now, finally, Day 1.
:h: With 21 players alive it takes 11 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Tuesday, March 24th, ~11PM EST.

Have at it.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 21, 2015

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote merk

Second post needs a [/list] btw

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote merk I'm a cool town boy.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello, happy to play this game with everyone. I hope for much fun to be had.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
hello

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Got my post. I have to work all day though so I'll be back later.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Confirming I got my PM, also I am not around much on weekends.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

:ghost: I'm sort of alive again

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Glockenapfel posted:

Confirming I got my PM, also I am not around much on weekends.

Weekends are usually slow.

Confirming role PM received.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Confirming!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

My role pm says i'm vt.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

i got my role, can't wait to get this intrigue going

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hello dudes and dudette (sorry anonnarco), I have a very busy social calendar today, so I can't really answer any questions you may have about the game etc. until later, so just be patient!

I am going to wait out the weekend and come Monday morning if a player has not yet posted I will assume they died irl and will seek their replacement!

Okay and break!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Howdy folks! I'm playing in this game and still alive.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Pinterest Mom posted:

My role pm says i'm vt.

Same. Someone hand me a gun. I hate being VT.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am in this game.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Confirming! I love flavor heavy games.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh my god, a role PM!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I am happy to announce that I have received a role PM.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jedit posted:

Weekends are usually slow.

Confirming role PM received.

Yeah but tomorrow is election day over here and I can't vote so let's get some traction going so that I can be entertained.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah but tomorrow is election day over here and I can't vote so let's get some traction going so that I can be entertained.

Stump claim already?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

is marine première ministre yet

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

is marine première ministre yet

I don't see that ever really happening. It's a lot of talk but the country won't vote FN especially if you look at the demographics it just won't go that way. Apathetic as they may be about voting the majority would come out to vote against them as they did in what 2002? She may be elected if they really stopped being so right wing, but then it won't really be them. Every FN run town has usually gone down the shitter since they really don't know how to govern.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jedit posted:

Stump claim already?

Wouldn't one as a stump say they are a stump? Because if I understand it right their job is just to make discussion?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Also take my views on French politics with a salt shaker on hand because I really don't know much about it but their my skewed perspectives of the company I keep. I really need to learn more about French politics and government. Took me like 6 years to finally get involved in the US system and having to start all over again is a bit disheartening. If anyone wants to give me a crash course French civics course please go ahead. That and/or EU parliament/government, which I don't get at all (and I don't think they do either.)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

so since none of us have really taken charge and started the game i'm assuming we're all 3p of some sort?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ernie. posted:

so since none of us have really taken charge and started the game i'm assuming we're all 3p of some sort?

3pclaim ITP ##vote Ernie

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

a worthy uhh posted:

3pclaim ITP ##vote Ernie

why even pretend you're town? if everyone claims their win-con now we can see which aren't mutually exclusive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie. posted:

Every person is their own kingdom.

• Locked thread