Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm getting the feeling you're not town, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Pinterest Mom posted:

To be clear, you think I'm scum? I don't see an alignment call here, but you say I'm as good a player to vote for as the 3p claim who needs the cop/doctor dead to win?

I think you are acting weird and are now trying to dodge questions by pushing against ernie without, again, committing to him.

It's definitely not pro-town behavior.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

I think you are acting weird and are now trying to dodge questions by pushing against ernie without, again, committing to him.

It's definitely not pro-town behavior.

Still don't see an alignment call~

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Pinterest Mom posted:

Still don't see an alignment call~
By definition, if you are not pro-town, you are either scum or third party. While Ernie at least has the possible defense that he was joking, you're posts embody the type of standard low-content scumminess that should be pursued.

So, I'm going to ask you again what exactly your position on Ernie is. You've said that you believe his claim, but that he shouldn't be lynched, because while he might have related abilities, he cannot be trusted. What is the benefit of keeping around a player that relies on killing town power roles? What are you trying to accomplish?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

By definition, if you are not pro-town, you are either scum or third party. While Ernie at least has the possible defense that he was joking, you're posts embody the type of standard low-content scumminess that should be pursued.

So, I'm going to ask you again what exactly your position on Ernie is. You've said that you believe his claim, but that he shouldn't be lynched, because while he might have related abilities, he cannot be trusted. What is the benefit of keeping around a player that relies on killing town power roles? What are you trying to accomplish?

I haven't said I believe his claim and I haven't said he shouldn't be dunked though?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

QuoProQuid posted:

standard low-content scumminess

I feel like you are going a little TOO hard on PMom and some of your accusations don't necessarily reflect reality

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah, QPQ reads to me like scum who is jumping on a townie and trying to get him dunked for a few awkward posts.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah, QPQ reads to me like scum who is jumping on a townie and trying to get him dunked for a few awkward posts.

it would not surprise me if you flipped 3p based on your post calling Ernie (claimed win-condition-requires-dead-town-power-roles 3p) "basically vt" if he has no killing ability

unfortunately i agree with you here

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Sorry, I have a bad habit of getting overzealous early on in Mafia games. Let me try again.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I haven't said I believe his claim

Which is contradicted by your post here:

Pinterest Mom posted:

what part of my post makes you think i don't?

Pinterest Mom posted:

and I haven't said he shouldn't be dunked though?

which is contradicted by your lack of a vote (although now that I look again, you qualified that by saying you don't want to turbo in the first few hours of D1).

Your content gives me bad ~~~vibes~~~~ and your differentiation between anti-town and "not necessarily anti-town" seems unproductive.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You asked if I took the claim seriously (i.e. if I thought it was a joke claim). I said I did. That's not the same as believing it. There's no contradiction.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hello turns out my claim was a joke but it got us all talking :D

proof it was a joke: qpq has correctly guessed that i copied my claim from when i was a 3p in an older game, and also why would i believe there is no town if i'm told that i have to get rid of the cop, doctor and scum in my wincon?

on-to bigger and better things:

##vote capitalistpig

players who've played with me fewer times might be tricked by the sincerity that i display when i fake-claim at the beginning of my games, but by now he's seen me do it 30+ times, there's no chance he took it seriously

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

You asked if I took the claim seriously (i.e. if I thought it was a joke claim). I said I did. That's not the same as believing it. There's no contradiction.

and, actually, you asked if I took the claim seriously in response to a post that only made sense if I didn't think the claim was a joke.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ernie. posted:

TRAP SPRUNG :hurr:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

here's a link to the last time i did this with cpig in the game, less than two weeks ago

he was scum there, but his reaction is consistent throughout our histories of playing together where he simply calls bullshit on my shenanigans (i'm too lazy to find an example when he was town)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

last time he was scum and called you out, this time he believed you and that makes him scum?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

a worthy uhh posted:

last time he was scum and called you out, this time he believed you and that makes him scum?

hi, i know this reading comprehension thing is difficult for you considering you found my claim believable, but did you try reading the sentence as a whole?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

you're implying that he always "calls your bullshit" and gave a game where he was scum as an example of that

but in this game he believes you, and that makes him scum, as opposed to all of the times where he was town OR scum and didn't

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

a worthy uhh posted:

you're implying that he always "calls your bullshit" and gave a game where he was scum as an example of that

but in this game he believes you, and that makes him scum, as opposed to all of the times where he was town OR scum and didn't

h-hello, can i get a replacement for the prosecution, your honor?

i don't feel like it's right to defend against this line of logic

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

h-hello, can i get a replacement for the prosecution, your honor?

i don't feel like it's right to defend against this line of logic

Habeas Corpses III.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

maybe consider the similarities: in both cases cpig exploited my claim to vote me off the bat

opop is another player who always calls my bullshit, and he has done no such thing

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Oh huh, this game has actually started.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

A Worthy Uh while I''m not 100% willing to believe Ernie was just "trying to get discussion rolling" (mostly because he does it so much eventually it's going to be a scum smokescreen) you're not really coming at this from the right angle. Ernie's logic makes sense from his perspective.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Anyone who didn't realise Ernie was joking is either new to playing with Ernie, or really dense (sorry).
Cpig should know Ernie was lying, so you have one of two choices: CPig is playing along for once or he thought he could get a vote on Ernie easily.

Does CPig play along with stuf ever?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ernie. posted:

maybe consider the similarities: in both cases cpig exploited my claim to vote me off the bat

I did not read the other game

In this one, CPig, as scum, believed you and voted you for your claim

In the other, CPig, as scum, did not believe you and voted you for your claim?

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Good morning all. I'm happy to be part of this fine game.

I like the fact that Ernie is generating content today regardless of alignment (although I lean towards town). I like Opop's response. I think some of the quibbling around the edges is likely scum building cases but I'm not sure who yet.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

OK now that I reread what I just painstakingly wrote, it's really obvious and dumb.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

a worthy uhh posted:

The point is CPig should never believe Ernie's D1 claims from the amount of times they've played.

Would you believe winvirus?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Anyone who didn't realise Ernie was joking is either new to playing with Ernie, or really dense (sorry).
Cpig should know Ernie was lying, so you have one of two choices: CPig is playing along for once or he thought he could get a vote on Ernie easily.

Does CPig play along with stuf ever?

Amoeba gets it! :)

He plays along to generate reactions, some times by asking people what reason they have to not vote me or similar things! Here he just helped momentum build!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

a worthy uhh posted:

In the other game, Ernie claimed a pro-town role and CPig voted on Ernie because he thought it was a fake claim.

In this game, Ernie claimed an anti-town role and CPig voted on Ernie because he thought it was real.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amoeba102 posted:

The point is CPig should never believe Ernie's D1 claims from the amount of times they've played.

Would you believe winvirus?

That is a valid argument, but his point seemed to depend on CPig's alignment in other games, which has been scum AND town, and so I was misled

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
ernie, you are an idiot.

Sincerely,
Cpig

xoxox

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

a worthy uhh posted:

That is a valid argument, but his point seemed to depend on CPig's alignment in other games, which has been scum AND town, and so I was misled

You are thinking about it too hard. Ernie was just pointing out that CPig should never have believed any claim coming from him, especially after doing a similar fake claim less than two weeks ago, That CPig jumped aboard the bandwagon suggests scumminess.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I figure Ernie is making a serious case on CPig, who seriously agrees with it?

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

I only have two games behind me but in at least one of them CPig did this same move to try to catch tagalong scum. Not sure if he's in earnest here.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Honestly I'm just shocked anyone's taking anything seriously right now, the game just started.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Honestly I'm just shocked anyone's taking anything seriously right now, the game just started.

aha! and so the truth comes out!

cpig thinks cpig was scummy!!

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Actually, Winvirus voted first. Winvirus, do you still think Ernie is scum?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ernie. posted:

opop is another player who always calls my bullshit, and he has done no such thing

I absolutely have. It's like the main thing I've done so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

I absolutely have. It's like the main thing I've done so far

has done no such thing: didn't exploit it to vote me!

• Locked thread