Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
Just been hit by the infinite-uploading bug in Raid mode *again* despite the last patch promising it was fixed. This is the buggiest PC game I have ever played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

And Tokyo Jungle is ninety cents. Buy it immediately.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Just finished up the main story last night. I loved this game. It was campy and fun and had just enough slightly-bullshit-yell-when-I-died parts to make it a great RE game, to me. It was shorter than I wanted it to be, which will hopefully be fixed by more DLC missions, but overall it's probably my favorite RE in a long time. Playing it immediately after REmake HD was great, because it really felt like Barry stepped out of that game and into this one with no changes.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
Well, the bad ending was about as :smith: as I would have expected it to be. But it was also pretty drat :kheldragar:. It's not every day you see a ten year old girl tear out the beating mutant heart of a fifteen-foot tall Tyrant lady.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

poo poo, I wish I wish I knew the bonus weapons were locked behind BP and not something you just unlock and are free to use. I finished the game with 20+ thousand BP and just threw them away on skills before realizing the costumes and stuff had to be bought.

I just wanna see what the bowgun was like. Why can't the unlockbables just be unlocked where you unlock them. :smith:

Is there a super fast way to get a lot of BP?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Replaying certain missions and going on scavenger hunts for chests. Chests will now often have lots more gems in them. There are also gems worth 1000 BP hidden around spots, sometimes up high or on walls so you have to shoot them down. Killing enemies doesn't give BP but getting lots of medals in a mission acts as a BP multiplier, so if you never miss, are fast, don't die and do a lot of optional things in one mission you'll get several thousand BP.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

Sivek posted:

poo poo, I wish I wish I knew the bonus weapons were locked behind BP and not something you just unlock and are free to use. I finished the game with 20+ thousand BP and just threw them away on skills before realizing the costumes and stuff had to be bought.

I just wanna see what the bowgun was like. Why can't the unlockbables just be unlocked where you unlock them. :smith:

If you have any of the bonus episodes apparently Little Miss will give you a good chunk of BP for every clear.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

If you have any of the bonus episodes apparently Little Miss will give you a good chunk of BP for every clear.

The Struggle will too but it's VERY hard.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Sivek posted:

Bowgun is pretty fun. It has infinite ammo and a respectable rate of fire. No part slots but it does like 300 dmg per shot which is enough to 2 shot basic afflicted no matter where you hit. Also, it leaves like a yard long spear sticking out of enemies which is fun in any game.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

The Struggle kicked my rear end and I loved every second of it. It gives 32000BP for a clear on Survival, too.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

The Struggle kicked my rear end and I loved every second of it.

Its "you have to shoot mice to get 1-ups" mechanic was interesting and I loved Evengy and Moira giving each other poo poo constantly.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Has anyone run across an in-game option to buy additional parts and weapon storage? If not I might just break down and buy the $2 dlc that does.

edit: Wow, the parts storage DLC gives 100 spaces for $2. And there are three of those. Either someone made a mistake or they've got big plans for unique parts. Hell, the weapons ones give 72 slots. $4 and I'd be set.

Broose fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 22, 2015

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

I'm really liking how Little Miss is put together. Gonna try and do it without peeping at the monsters. Honestly, i don't get the reviewer hatred of the extra episodes. Maybe they're just too experimental.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Magnus Condomus posted:

I'm really liking how Little Miss is put together. Gonna try and do it without peeping at the monsters. Honestly, i don't get the reviewer hatred of the extra episodes. Maybe they're just too experimental.

Who knows. Sterling oddly had a stick up his butt about this game but I think it's bursting with content and well worth the price. It's much more focused as a product than RE6 and I love that it's a budget title. Capcom, make more better cheap games than zillion-dollar bloatfests!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The good ending was all that I could ever hope for. Loved it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Does anyone else not like the weird octopus-like sub-boss that appears in Barry chapters and The Struggle? That might be my least favorite enemy to fight in Rev2, with it's weird lobster claw hand shield and the instant kill and how it looks really lame when it is almost dead with no tentacles left.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Firebomb it.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Does anyone else not like the weird octopus-like sub-boss that appears in Barry chapters and The Struggle? That might be my least favorite enemy to fight in Rev2, with it's weird lobster claw hand shield and the instant kill and how it looks really lame when it is almost dead with no tentacles left.
Yeah, and arbitrarily blocking 95% of shots from the front just make it a pain to kill. It's a pretty meh enemy.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Imagine fighting a version of that guy with just as much health that splits into 2 when you hit his weakpoint and you have Rev 1's version of that guy :thumbsup:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Yeah, the Durga suck pretty bad. In general any instant kill attacks are complete bullshit, and the game would be much better without them. One of the reason I like the chapter 3 boss is that his big throw attack doesn't instantly kill you like you'd expect it would.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So is the High Roller the highest tier assault rifle in raid mode? Because if so, that's a bit of a bummer since it's so lackluster in comparison to something like the Drake or Mr. Train.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Yeah, the Durga suck pretty bad. In general any instant kill attacks are complete bullshit, and the game would be much better without them. One of the reason I like the chapter 3 boss is that his big throw attack doesn't instantly kill you like you'd expect it would.

Yeah, it actually does hilariously little damage for what it is. Getting grabbed at lazily by any random Rotten does about twice as much damage as getting hurled across the room into a wall.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I like how that throw attack actually does less damage if you don't hit a wall.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The throw attack has a kill animation if you're grabbed at low health. Claire gets ripped in half.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

The Struggle kicked my rear end and I loved every second of it. It gives 32000BP for a clear on Survival, too.

It'd better, I still can't beat it on survival.

Wanderer posted:

Firebomb it.

Yeah I figured this out trying to finish The Struggle the first time. Burns off all the extra tentacles so you can hit the core easier.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 22, 2015

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Sir Tonk posted:

It'd better, I still can't beat it on survival.

Yeah I figured this out trying to finish The Struggle the first time. Burns off all the extra tentacles so you can hit the core easier.

I don't know if this works in the campaign but in Raid Mode you can smokebomb it for a stealth attack. It doesn't kill it but you can still unload all your ammo into its core while it's still on the ground, and that'll probably kill it.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Dr. Abysmal posted:

The throw attack has a kill animation if you're grabbed at low health. Claire gets ripped in half.

I think it has to do with the Magic Pixel skill (whatever it's called in SP) more than just half health.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Niggurath posted:

So is the High Roller the highest tier assault rifle in raid mode? Because if so, that's a bit of a bummer since it's so lackluster in comparison to something like the Drake or Mr. Train.

It's more of a different flavor. To me at least all the guns in each category are just variations with trade offs with different stats, there isn't a tier system as far as I know. But right now, I've been using a rare tag (Dagger Fang) and a steady shot tagged AK-7. I think they work much better than the high roller does. What is the Mr. Train?

I think the best advice to make Raid mode into Easy mode is to put points into a weapon skill. The extra carry capacity makes a big difference.

I hope co-op throws a wrench into raid mode, cause I can already see myself beating Code Red by myself.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Broose posted:

It's more of a different flavor. To me at least all the guns in each category are just variations with trade offs with different stats, there isn't a tier system as far as I know. But right now, I've been using a rare tag (Dagger Fang) and a steady shot tagged AK-7. I think they work much better than the high roller does. What is the Mr. Train?

I think the best advice to make Raid mode into Easy mode is to put points into a weapon skill. The extra carry capacity makes a big difference.

I hope co-op throws a wrench into raid mode, cause I can already see myself beating Code Red by myself.
I guess Mr. Train was a unique Magnum 2005M; super low rate of fire, high recoil, and pretty amazing damage for it's level. This seems to be a list of them all: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/835623-resident-evil-revelations-2/71326766?page=3

But yeah, haven't really been having too, too much difficult with raid mode outside of a few instances. I think I've only got the last three gauntlets in very hard mode and that omega level visibly left to do, but it seems there is more to do after that; though it does seem kind of a bummer that I won't really have much use for coop mode until they add in more raid stuff. It's also a bit confusing the requirements to get more costumes in raid mode; like I ended up unlocked Claire's hair down, sniper outfit after finishing the final gauntlet in normal? But it never really said it anywhere.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
So I just went for the Chapter 1 knife achievement and failed, can someone tell me the exact limitations? Can I use bricks? Herbs? The torch? Those are what might have cost me.

Also, I'm using Gina in Raid Mode, but I'm not sure how her Gesture attacking works. What are the hitboxes, or good gestures to use?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Abysmal posted:

:stare:

Jesus Capcom. I'm reminded of those PC exclusive enemies from the first Revelations - they hoist you up and twist the character around, breaking their spine with a sickening crack. RE's violence goes over my head for the most part but the few animations that stick with me really stick.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

So I just went for the Chapter 1 knife achievement and failed, can someone tell me the exact limitations? Can I use bricks? Herbs? The torch? Those are what might have cost me.

I'm guessing it was the bricks, I did a successful knife run and didn't brick or crowbar anyone.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Also, I'm using Gina in Raid Mode, but I'm not sure how her Gesture attacking works. What are the hitboxes, or good gestures to use?

You can't use bricks. You can't even use follow-up attacks if your partner stuns the enemy. I believe stunning enemies with the flashlight is legal but you might want to avoid it just in case.

EDIT: As for Gesture attacking, I believe Gina's whole body is a hitbox as long as she's using a gesture. There's one gesture in particular that ends very quickly (I believe it's called Go For It or something like that) that's just her raising her hand and putting it down again that's useful for getting in some quick damage. It's so fast you can even use it on a stunned enemy and still have time to melee them afterwards.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Moderate Thumbs Up is also a good animation. Quick and she stretches her arm out. You get it for getting Gina to level 50. I feel somewhat disappointed I can't walk up to an enemy, use temper tantrum, and watch as it hits them dozen of times as her legs kick.

Also with gesticulate, your dodges apparently can do damage too.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Broose posted:

Moderate Thumbs Up is also a good animation. Quick and she stretches her arm out. You get it for getting Gina to level 50. I feel somewhat disappointed I can't walk up to an enemy, use temper tantrum, and watch as it hits them dozen of times as her legs kick.

Also with gesticulate, your dodges apparently can do damage too.

Any animation she does can do damage. Including reloading and possibly even standing up from knockdown. I think i had her melee do double duty once. As in Melee plus gesture damage.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Son Ryo posted:

You can't use bricks. You can't even use follow-up attacks if your partner stuns the enemy. I believe stunning enemies with the flashlight is legal but you might want to avoid it just in case.

Are you responsible for things the AI does or just when you're in control of a character?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

citizenlowell posted:

Are you responsible for things the AI does or just when you're in control of a character?

Just when you're in control. Also, I just checked and no, stunning enemies with the light yourself does disqualify you, though you can still use it to search for hidden items and such.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Son Ryo posted:

Just when you're in control. Also, I just checked and no, stunning enemies with the light yourself does disqualify you, though you can still use it to search for hidden items and such.

How did you check this? I'm sure I stunned enemies with the torch on my run but I still got the achievement.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Crashbee posted:

How did you check this? I'm sure I stunned enemies with the torch on my run but I still got the achievement.

Checked a guide on Steam. Not infallible, but there was a lot of discussion in the comments about what did and didn't work and it seems as though he's edited the guide a few times, so I thought it must be pretty accurate. If you're sure you stunned people and it worked, then I guess it works... but honestly, you could probably just run past every enemy in Claire's chapter 1 for the most part anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Magnus Condomus posted:

Any animation she does can do damage. Including reloading and possibly even standing up from knockdown. I think i had her melee do double duty once. As in Melee plus gesture damage.

Not only those, but also dodging. As for my personal preference, I tend to go for The Robot. It might not be the most efficient damage-dealer, but I'm killing enemies by doing The goddang Robot.