Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Some Lego privilege being flashed up in here. Throwin' shade at the megablocks poor enlisted parents crew. :colbert:

If your parents got you megablocks then they didn't love you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Carteret posted:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hey. Those thousand mixed piece buckets of megablocks were the poo poo. I built all sorts of stupid poo poo with those. Kids these days, no loving imagination.

That and nothing is quite as satisfying as being a 10 year old, building a gently caress-off huge thing, filling it with Black Cats firecrackers bought across the border in Indiana and blowing it up in the middle of the street with the neighbor kids.

Holy poo poo how did I survive childhood.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I sometimes wonder if our collective generations here are seeing the absolute end of some childhood classics.

Then again, lawn darts were banned in the 70s and we still had a couple sets in the basement.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol

Dead Reckoning posted:

M-Tron was the best. :colbert:

Hey, I used to have a lot of those!

I made the mistake of googling that set number. Rare? Vintage? 215 bucks!? Jesus gently caress I probably let a couple thousand bucks of nerd nostalgia go when I got rid of my giant box of legos over a decade ago. I've regretted that decision ever since.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Yeah Legos were way more expensive than megablocks. If you had megablocks as a kid you couldn't bring your blocks out unless you knew they were mega block poor parent crew too.

I guarunfuckingtee you there is an inverse relationship between gluten allergies and Megablock ownership.

Bet that.

:colbert:

:lol: also hey Spongebob upstairs neckbeard kid who complimented your bumper sticker is curtentlygetting Cucked by the least pigmented of our colorful coloreds comprising the maintenance staff.

Fuckin

El

Oh

El

That is just.. Memphrika as gently caress.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Legos have always been expensive, yeah. But j remember you could still chip away at a set with birthdays and x-Mas. But nowadays holy poo poo who can afford anything?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Carteret posted:

True but my family was the best kind of family I could ask for because they were: :ssh:minus one uncle hanging in the family tree:ssh: white.

For real if your parents are black the best part of your family name is in the white space between all those Q's d's and R's in your urban heritage name. And if you don't understand why: It's because at least the blank spaces in your name on government welfare and food stamp paperwork is white- and therefore of social and humane utility. Unlike you and your unfortunately fertile family.

13th amendment worst amendment.

19's next after the gorillas get back in the mist and out of the oval.

:colbert:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Sorry thought it was drunk thread.

Headed back to the camp where it's all cool.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Just got a late EAS present, new motorcycle. Who wants to be on my will for my Star Wars legos collection? Kidneys should be good too

What kinda bike?

Just wondering what kinda damage might be done and if its salvagable after the wreck. I might be interested.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

War of Northern Aggression Logs!?! How dare you!

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Then again, lawn darts were banned in the 70s and we still had a couple sets in the basement.
I did some research one time. You can buy individual spare parts from overseas and easily reassemble them into a full set. If you were inclined to do so.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

:lol: also hey Spongebob upstairs neckbeard kid who complimented your bumper sticker is curtentlygetting Cucked by the least pigmented of our colorful coloreds comprising the maintenance staff.

Fuckin

El

Oh

El

That is just.. Memphrika as gently caress.

Wonder what her craigslist post reads like...

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Wonder what her craigslist post reads like...

I'm not sure if she passes the fat / high / desperate enough test now that's she's potentially got a future niglet in her womb. She could have been good breeding stock right there till she done tainted that baby chute with tar and DNA database matches.

I wonder how tight her turd cutter is now that she's has at least one Sambo bore her out in hole #1.

I still think you should message that chick I dated that you matched on OkCupid before and tell her I want that old goddamn old grinder back bc I know she's too dumb to figure out how to unlock the kief tub on that thing and there were grams of kief in it when it got left in her room. Also mention that she's a whore. She's actually really into dudes calling her a whore. And choking the gently caress out of her.

Fun girl then.

Crazy ex now.

Memphrika as fuuuuuuck.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Genocide Tendency posted:

What kinda bike?

Just wondering what kinda damage might be done and if its salvagable after the wreck. I might be interested.

Turbo hayabusa

Casimir Radon posted:

War of Northern Aggression Logs!?! How dare you!

I did some research one time. You can buy individual spare parts from overseas and easily reassemble them into a full set. If you were inclined to do so.

Lincoln logs made great GI Joe forts incorporated into furniture in the living room

Was lawn darts actually fun? I always wanted a set just because of the unattainable and all that.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Here is a craigslist post I had to make recently, very GIP: http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/grd/4943646103.html

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

The Rat posted:

Here is a craigslist post I had to make recently, very GIP: http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/grd/4943646103.html

you should put those black cocks in your mouth

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
No black cocks within city limits? Racist.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
DAV sent me an unofficial notice of the VA's disability rating for me. 20% tinnitus and lumbosacral strain. That was loving quick.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

you should put those black cocks in your mouth

I would like to see you spit roast those cocks.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holocaust bloopers posted:

DAV sent me an unofficial notice of the VA's disability rating for me. 20% tinnitus and lumbosacral strain. That was loving quick.

hey there 20% bro

Bellum
Jun 3, 2011

All war is deception.
This happened last week.

http://m.imgur.com/3GGCpun

I was represented by Disabled Veterans of America. My initial rating was at 90%, which happened only 5 months after ETS, and then I applied for individual unemployability back in December.

Also you can receive SSDI and VA bennies simultaneously.

Also if you are rated 100% through individual unemployability or you're rated 100% total and permanent, you can have all of your student loans discharged.

It should be standard knowledge for everyone leaving the military to immediately apply for benefits through a veterans organization and to apply for everything possible. Trying to fight for disability years down the road is a nightmare, but if done within the first year it's a very quick process.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Good that you dudes are getting moneys. Too bad you had to get hosed up to get it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
today i am cooking a few pounds of ribs for my mommas birthday

sam adams cold snap was on sale too bonus

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ded posted:

today i am cooking a few pounds of ribs for my mommas birthday

sam adams cold snap was on sale too bonus

cold snap is legit

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey there 20% bro

The money is cool and all. It's the Voc Rehab eligibility that really got me in a good mood.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
bout to smoke a bowl

in my new townhouse w/ the wife in cocoa beach

not workin...just school(start next month)...disability+gi bill=success

lates

im glad all this poo poo worked out..man I had doubts for a long time and was so loving mad at the system...but i know im one of the lucky ones...if my GI Bill poo poo starts on time I bet I was one of the luckiest motherfuckers who was medically separated...my medboard process was legit and smooth as gently caress..gimme dat money honey

all apologies fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 23, 2015

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
loving hesher piece of poo poo

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

all apologies posted:

in my new townhouse w/ the wife in cocoa beach

Welp.

Time to move.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

how long did it take? i tried applying in '08 for tinnitus and lol what a disaster. i ended up just saying gently caress it.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

How long did it take after your assessment appointment? I just had mine last week.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Im telling you guys I think my case musta hit RIGHT when they got kicked in the rear end because my poo poo happened so quickly...once I got a PEBLO it was off to the races.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Welp.

Time to move.

I lied...its not actually in Cocoa Beach...but about 4 miles away on Merritt Island.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Volkerball posted:

how long did it take? i tried applying in '08 for tinnitus and lol what a disaster. i ended up just saying gently caress it.

Yeah mine didnt take either...hearing loss in my right ear on top of it all too and the VA said nope.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Volkerball posted:

Jarmak posted:

How long did it take after your assessment appointment? I just had mine last week.

31 May 13 DOS
Filed initial paperwork with DAV in February 2014
Filed claims with DAV December 2014
VA sends me medical appointments in January 2015
Appoints in February and March 15. Last one was March 9th.
DAV sent me unofficial VA rating this weekend.

Pretty quick all things considered despite me sitting on it for nearly a year.

Tinnitus is an easy claim. I had it on file right before getting out. The VA audiologist asked me some rather guided questions (in my favor) and made it a slam dunk. The lower back injury stuff--I don't honestly know why the VA took that and not the myriad of other stuff. Seems like there's no rhyme or reason.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I did quickstart program for my claim, claiming only tinnitus and primary lymphedema on my left foot.

Turned that poo poo in like a month after my EAS date to MacDill as it was the closest military base.
Waited a year and heard nothing
Called VA and asked what the gently caress was up
VA says they never got it
VA calls MacDill asking what the gently caress
MacDill goes lol woops we never mailed it

Got my determination a month after I finally got all that poo poo sorted with a total time elapsed of around 20 months. I got pretty hosed on my determination regardless and the appeal process loving blows.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I got a few years before my four year degree is done. I'm gonna start saving now for a move to Europe for grad school.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Bolow posted:

I did quickstart program for my claim, claiming only tinnitus and primary lymphedema on my left foot.

Turned that poo poo in like a month after my EAS date to MacDill as it was the closest military base.
Waited a year and heard nothing
Called VA and asked what the gently caress was up
VA says they never got it
VA calls MacDill asking what the gently caress
MacDill goes lol woops we never mailed it

Got my determination a month after I finally got all that poo poo sorted with a total time elapsed of around 20 months. I got pretty hosed on my determination regardless and the appeal process loving blows.

Does it? I'm mulling over spending more time and energy filing an appeal if the success rate is pretty low. I hear the process is literally years.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Jarmak posted:

I did mine in 2009- Went in for the assessment in October, Got my rating in January 2010. Claimed both knees, backpain, tinnitus, and hearing loss. Got one knee and tinnitus, which I was happy with since I basically had no paperwork on my poo poo.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
My medboard took a year and a half. After dealing with the VA as a civilian I would hate to have to deal with that poo poo now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

all apologies posted:

I lied...its not actually in Cocoa Beach...but about 4 miles away on Merritt Island.

Still too close.

Edit:

If you are going to be hanging out at the OPC in Viera. Get Biggs as your Primary.

O'Kelley and Charbaneau for sad brains.

The advocate is pretty decent and will work to get poo poo done. Records suck, if you are there long enough to get hungry, starve because the canteen is horrible. Also, stop by to see the nutrition staff at least once, but make sure the wife isn't with you. Other than that, expect to die before getting any real medical care. ALso, stay out of Weusthoff medical anything.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 23, 2015

• Locked thread