Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Political Whores posted:

What an rear end in a top hat gift

quote:

Dougscrib 1 point 6 hours ago
Help her earn more bitcoins by uploading her videos of her music to https://www.watchmybit.com... if she is interested after receiving your gift.

Sure, sounds like an ide--

I'm the bikini interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
that woodwallets site describes them as "timeproof wooden cards" lol

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

anthonypants posted:

that woodwallets site describes them as "timeproof wooden cards" lol

Why the gently caress would you get one with your private key on the obverse.

Wait, don't tell me - bitcoin.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
I was invited by the bride (my soon-to-be ex-best friends sister)

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

gschmidl posted:

Why the gently caress would you get one with your private key on the obverse.

Wait, don't tell me - bitcoin.
so you could take pictures of each side, and use those instead of your $25 block of wood

haha nevermind it turns out they're yet another failed bitcoin business

quote:

TL DR; Life got in the way and we will not able to work on Woodwallets.io with the same level of passion and dedication we used to. Instead of just running it like a boring online shop, we decided to suspend operations. If you happen to know someone who can be interested in picking up the business and run it with passion, get in touch. Bitcoin accepted.
oh, that's tragic

quote:

It all started just for fun one year ago, with a reddit post titled “I have a lasercutter in my hands for a couple of months. Would you be interested in wooden paper wallets?” .
oh, what you actually meant was that a year later you don't have access to a laser engraver anymore

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Political Whores posted:

What an rear end in a top hat gift
of course there's no mention of actually putting any money bitcoin in the wallet

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
Silk Road coder turned dealer turned informant gets five years

quote:

Sadler pleaded guilty to selling nearly a million dollars of narcotics on the now-shuttered Silk Road online bazaar and was given the jail term as well as four years' probation

After his arrest, Sadler worked with the authorities until the arrest a few months later of Ross Ulbricht, who has been charged and later found guilty of being in charge of the website under the pseudonym Dread Pirate Roberts.

quote:

"He blew through all that money using drugs and going to strip clubs," said his attorney Michael Filipovic, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports.

Sadler had been making a good living as a computer programmer for many years, pulling in an annual salary of $180,000, the court was told. But three years ago he began to use drugs heavily and turned to the Silk Road to fund his habits and became one of the top one per cent of dealers on the site.

$180k per year and stay out of jail or a million over three years and five years in jail? Tough call.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
he's probably safer on the inside, you just know the moment he walks back out that jail again there'll be dozens of angry bitcoiners just waiting to post vague threats on reddit and pretend they know how to hire hitmen

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
They don't advertise for snitches in a newspaper. That was my profession. Ex-coder, ex-Bit Runner, ex-dealer.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

JamesieAB posted:

$180k per year and stay out of jail or a million over three years and five years in jail? Tough call.

dude shoulda held out for a decent six and a half figgies

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
the sky above the port was the color of andreas antonopoulos' face, licking a rusty hammer.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
gross

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
don't bother asking yourself why the new york times sent maureen dowd to sxsw, but they did

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/22/opinion/sunday/maureen-dowd-whats-new-pussycat-meerkat.html posted:

At a Marie Claire dinner for “Veep” at The Spotify House, I asked Tyler Winklevoss, who is developing a stock market for Bitcoin with his twin brother, to explain the invisible currency.

“Bitcoin is Internet money,” he said. “It’s a value transfer protocol.”

When I asked about the nefarious Bitcoin transactions in the Internet netherworld, Winklevoss protested: “People use cash every second of the day to do illegal things. Bitcoin is traceable and cash is anonymous.”

If Toby deigned to accept the Marie Claire invitation, he no doubt would interpolate: “Bitcoin more transparent? Balderdash! We don’t even know who invented it. It’s Disney dollars for tech nerds.”

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
maureen dowd is a national treasure

she proves that human beings are able to survive and thrive without a brain

forget that french civil servant with the teeny tiny brain, la dowd just has feathers up there :patriot: usa usa

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

anthonypants posted:

don't bother asking yourself why the new york times sent maureen dowd to sxsw, but they did

who the gently caress is toby

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ayn rand hand job posted:

the mod with the bee avatar

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

FMguru posted:

the mod with the bee avatar

:rip:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

a talking cat from an early 20th century short story

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

levar burton

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
im the Marie Claire dinner for Veep at The Spotify House

how do any of those brands make sense together and why are they all there at once

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

we are all toby

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Mo0 posted:

im the Marie Claire dinner for Veep at The Spotify House

how do any of those brands make sense together and why are they all there at once
sxsw

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i assumed veep was a defective pun on vip but its a lame tv show too

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Karpeles

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

AlbieQuirky posted:

maureen dowd is a national treasure

she proves that human beings are able to survive and thrive without a brain

forget that french civil servant with the teeny tiny brain, la dowd just has feathers up there :patriot: usa usa

reminder that she didn't know that marijuana edibles have a stronger effect and ate a cookie and wrote an article about how she totally thought she was dying, man

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

unpacked robinhood posted:

i assumed veep was a defective pun on vip but its a lame tv show too

veep is the best comedy on tv hth

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

JamesieAB posted:

what the gently caress motivates people like this to do this? he lives in a nice city, makes six figures at a job he probably loves and probably has the resources to get help without him going bankrupt

I could understand doing this poo poo if your scraping by and have no other options in a lovely town that doesn't care but this guy?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

My Linux Rig posted:

what the gently caress motivates people like this to do this? he lives in a nice city, makes six figures at a job he probably loves and probably has the resources to get help without him going bankrupt

I could understand doing this poo poo if your scraping by and have no other options in a lovely town that doesn't care but this guy?

because drug addiction

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

OhsH posted:

because rain addiction

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

holy poo poo i thought we were finally ghost free and now my pans are rattling wtf is going on

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

theflyingexecutive posted:

it involves people from seinfeld not named larry

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zwi8i/brazilian_bitcoiner_is_climbing_everest_and_will/

quote:

Brazilian bitcoiner is climbing Everest and will put a Bitcoin flag almost on the top (self.Bitcoin)

here it comes

you posted:

much like...

goddamnit

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

theflyingexecutive posted:

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zwi8i/brazilian_bitcoiner_is_climbing_everest_and_will/

Brazilian bitcoiner is climbing Everest and will put a Bitcoin flag almost on the top (self.Bitcoin)

[–]empire314 3 points 35 minutes ago

Mount everest is 8800 meters tall and the climbing does not get difficult until 7500 meters. Going to 5000meters altitude base camp which is accessable by car, and calling it "almost the top" is an insult to everyone who has actually climbed the mountain

[–]Fragsworth 1 point 22 minutes ago

/r/buttcoin will have a field day about this if he dies on the way up

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

brb posting this in the everest thread

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

think about it though, if you're climbing Everest and you want to tip your Sherpa then you can hardly use a bank transfer or credit card, can you? I bet they don't even have bank accounts in countries like whichever one that is. enter satoshi to solve this!

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
wait lol he's only going to the base camp? my grandfather did that in his late 80s, it's like babby's first hill

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Soricidus posted:

think about it though, if you're climbing Everest and you want to tip your Sherpa then you can hardly use a bank transfer or credit card, can you? I bet they don't even have bank accounts in countries like whichever one that is. enter satoshi to solve this!

"hmm yes I will entrust the safety of my literal lifeline to superstitious men I have just insulted with cyberpaper"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[–]ex0du5 14 points 2 hours ago
Wow, getting to the base camps is such a feat of athleticism! I remember when I went, it took a lot of work finding a driver, then calling the driver, then taking the drive through the scenic countryside, and eventually having to take the very dangerous step of paying the driver. And this was on the Tibetan side, so I'm sure there are dangers on the Nepal side that don't even compare. Do they even have butter tea there, the savages??

• Locked thread