Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I actually thought last week's episode fell a little flat for me with the relying on guest stars. Kelly Ripa was good and all, but the finale, just a solid Abbi and Illana are best friends episode is what really makes this series something special. That, and their (strained at best) relationship with New York City.

Great chase scene and payoff inside the house was both extremely depressing and hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I found an easter egg!

I remembered this couple from the season opener who were furiously making out in the subway

(not because I'm a creep but because they're in the shot right before Abbi & Ilana walk by their Asian lookalikes from Lockout, which I giffed at the time, so I had to rewind past the couple a few times to get it right. I cropped them out at the time to save space but they're on the right of the shot at the start of this gif)

Guess who was still making out when Abbi & Ilana are walking down the street at the start of the finale?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Illinois Smith posted:

Guess who was still making out when Abbi & Ilana are walking down the street at the start of the finale?

Nicely done, I was wondering why that pair got lingering focus.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

My girlfriend noticed the wig store clerk is Jiggly Caliente from Ru Paul's Drag Race, in the scene right after Ilana mentions Ru Paul.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Did you notice that when Ilana wears the jacket from the white power suit again on the boat, she's ineptly trying to cover up the steak-sauce stain with an American flag pin?

According this interview with Broad City's costume designer (which you should all go and read), they actually taped that episode before they taped the one where the steak sauce gets on her suit, so when they filmed the latter episode they had to make sure the steak sauce was spilled in the right place so the stain location would match in the boat episode.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Now do the black dude doing the tongue thing.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

In middle school, about 2/3 of the conversations had were people telling me I should smile/talk more, or people going "Hey everyone! DrChristmas is smiling/talking! Look at the smiling/talkng freak!" That scene was so cathartic.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

ruddiger posted:

Now do the black dude doing the tongue thing.
... sure?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I can't be the only one thinking that Arturo Castro (Jaime) looks kind of like a young, hispanic Bill Murray?

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I have the same shirt at the tongue guy

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That was perfect for a season finale. The show's at its best when it's all about Abbi and Ilana.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I hope next season finale is Hannibal's birthday

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

BTW the "Broad City" season 1 DVDs are pretty sweet. The DVD commentaries are done in a side video where they are lolling around on fruit-shaped beanbags, and there are a shitload of alternate takes and even a packed-in "map of Broad City" that Abbi drew (i.e., a stylized map of NYC with locations important to the show pointed out)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

This guy who went to my high school got kicked off a Southwest Airlines plane for refusing to cover up his "Broad loving City" shirt on a Southwest Airlines flight. Fight the power!

Wednesdays are going to be empty for me, now that Broad City and Man Seeking Woman are over (until next year).

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Y-Hat posted:

Wednesdays are going to be empty for me, now that Broad City and Man Seeking Woman are over (until next year).

and Always Sunny.

• Locked thread