Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Does anybody want to play some Heists or Adversary Mode or anything? Add me to a party on PS4: adamsolo3000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
I must be playing a different GTA to everyone else because in the past few days the game has been virtually unplayable!

If I try to join a race from the Pause menu I'll have to wait for something to load for a few minutes then get a white screen and end up somewhere underneath a lighthouse, the only way out is to join a new session and hope it loads. If I try to join a race from the phone, it'll start populating a new race with the title of 'Null'. After a few minutes it'll have about 3/32 players and then just disappear and give up. If I try to join any heist, I have to wait for a few minutes to see a cut scene of me leaving a random apartment back into the world with 'Leader is no longer in the game' or something. I've given up trying to lead a heist for now as it kept deducting the charge every time I tried to host.

In about three hours earlier on I managed a grand total of two races with the same group. After voting for the third race we all got thrown back into free-roam.

I tried to find solace by crashing into people and playing clown-horn but that wasn't too easy to do as every so often everyone apart from me would suddenly leave instantaneously!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Can anyone recommend a good but not super expensive headset that will work with the ps4 so I can communicate in heists properly? And is there a way to turn off other peoples voices when I'm driving around?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I've only done the first heist on PS4 since all of my friends still play on PS3. Does anybody want to go through the planning stages for the Prison Break at all? I really don't want to have to do it with pubbies.

PSN: Craigabdul

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Holyshoot posted:

Can anyone recommend a good but not super expensive headset that will work with the ps4 so I can communicate in heists properly? And is there a way to turn off other peoples voices when I'm driving around?

You can get earbuds with a line in microphone for 15 to 20 bucks. Also, always use party chat, never in game chat.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Fevered Madman posted:

If you are looking for a fourth for the next heist I'll volunteer again!

I saw your post yesterday just after we had picked up a very good pubbie(?) who stuck around for the setup/heist, sorry.

I will definitely shoot you an invite later on though.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

I use these. Any TRRS cellphone headset/mic will work with the headphone jack on the PS4 controller.

I wish more people would use headsets, then there'd be less noise over VOIP. It's really annoying to talk and then 1/2 second later hear yourself talking through someone else's speakers and back through their mic.

As for turning off other people's voice, go to the interaction menu (touchpad) and at the bottom there's a setting for voice chat. I leave mine at Crew+Friends.

Craptacular fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 22, 2015

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Pork Pie Hat posted:

The parachuting into a rock thing was pretty funny though, I thought I'd bounce!

I'll be on a bit later on, roughly the same time as yesterday I think. Did you ever escape my apartment?

Yeah once you left I was kicked out onto the street

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I also liked the way we could see him flying around care-free while we were busting out the old geezer. When he said he was landing by the prison I thought he was kidding, but no, there he was. It was almost as good as his method for avoiding police helicopters; diving at the ground at speed. Good times.

Is there video of all this? Sounds rad

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

You can get earbuds with a line in microphone for 15 to 20 bucks. Also, always use party chat, never in game chat.

So the iPhone ear buds will work?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

They didn't for me. I could barely hear and all people heard was static when I talked.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

geeves posted:

They didn't for me. I could barely hear and all people heard was static when I talked.

I don't know how I sounded, but I could barely hear people when I used my Apple ear buds. I only made it a couple days with them.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Holyshoot posted:

I thought I read somewhere that the Apple ear buds have some weird connection incompatibility and won't work with the PS4 controller.
I use the PS Vita ear buds which are only $9 on Amazon and work nicely (once you set the audio right so you don't only get chat on one channel). The mic is supposed to be fine too.

Edit: Looking it up, it seems the Apple ear buds swap the normal mic/ground connection which means people only hear squealing noises when you speak.

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 22, 2015

epsilon-6
Dec 25, 2002
Thanks to everybody that's helped me through the first four heists! If anyone is trying to get together a team for the final heist, I'm a pretty good shot and an excellent driver! (ps3: tenderclownhug)

Man, I really want to get the armored Kuruma and the Technical so, so bad.

I'm also happy to just do an Insurgent rampage if anyone wants to dick around!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

errbody posted:

mic chat

Kind of related, for anyone who wants to use a Yeti or other USB mic with an integrated soundcard on PS4, here's how you get it to work:

Plug in mic, it will be recognized as a headset

Set all audio through the headset

Plug in any set of standard (no mic) headphones to the jack on your controller then quickly unplug them

That should set the input device to the mic and the output device to your TV. If you don't hear anything, reset the PS4, select your profile, then plug in / unplug the headphones again.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

I love my armoured Karuma, it's the perfect trolling car.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

mr_jolly posted:

I must be playing a different GTA to everyone else because in the past few days the game has been virtually unplayable!

If I try to join a race from the Pause menu I'll have to wait for something to load for a few minutes then get a white screen and end up somewhere underneath a lighthouse, the only way out is to join a new session and hope it loads. If I try to join a race from the phone, it'll start populating a new race with the title of 'Null'. After a few minutes it'll have about 3/32 players and then just disappear and give up. If I try to join any heist, I have to wait for a few minutes to see a cut scene of me leaving a random apartment back into the world with 'Leader is no longer in the game' or something. I've given up trying to lead a heist for now as it kept deducting the charge every time I tried to host.

In about three hours earlier on I managed a grand total of two races with the same group. After voting for the third race we all got thrown back into free-roam.

I tried to find solace by crashing into people and playing clown-horn but that wasn't too easy to do as every so often everyone apart from me would suddenly leave instantaneously!

Yeah, I've not been able to load a race since the Heist update. It's a pain in the rear end.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Am I supposed to get a call from lester about unlocking the humane labs heist? I've hosted and completed the Prison Break, but I'm not even getting a "Lester will call you with more work" (or whatever it says) pop up.

e: after waiting a couple of hours, literally the moment I post this, he calls.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
About to run the Humane Labs setup and heist on PS4, currently need two more. Come and unlock your attack chopper, insurgent and night vision goggles and save us from pubbies!

PSN Frontlinekhan

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Here's the edited highlights of Bisticlz and I being tits trying to ramp off the back of a boat with another boat. And jumping over a helicopter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORijL7c4b3s

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Im starting to wonder if I should play on free aim servers from now on. It sucks getting sniped out of your car while going full speed through an intersection.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

blackguy32 posted:

Im starting to wonder if I should play on free aim servers from now on. It sucks getting sniped out of your car while going full speed through an intersection.

Thanks for the ride in your pink car of death!

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
Trying to do the Trevor heist, need a fourth is anyone wanting to join? We're on the second setup mission. ps4: SA_Fenom

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Doing a heist with what are almost definitely 5 year olds right now.

Couldn't possibly be over 10.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I've heard 5-6 year olds confirmed. Parents blindly go and buy this for their kids with no care about PEGI18 or ESRB or nothing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

"i have none girls in my family only my mom"

somebody seriously bought a 5 year old a PS4, gta, and a PSN sub so they could play online.

And they passed the mission first shot :psyduck:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I played heists with an 11 year old and even accepted his friend request because he was pretty good at the game. Better than the other two pubbies at least.

Age came up because he said I "sounded older, like 17 or something." I'm 34.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

blackguy32 posted:

I basically started playing in free-aim on PS3 because I couldn't ride my huge motorcycle collection without getting shot.

MrLonghair posted:

I've heard 5-6 year olds confirmed. Parents blindly go and buy this for their kids with no care about PEGI18 or ESRB or nothing.

I always tell them to go get their mom so I can talk to her but they never do (secretly though it's because I hope the mom is hot as f)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

5 year olds are better at GTA than some goons.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
New player looking for heists. I say new but I played the PS3 version for a bit. Haven't played a single heist yet.

PSN xwonderboyx please invite me im so lonely. I have a Headset.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
In the short drive from Los Santos Customs to my apartment I had four pubbies try to bomb me after I smashed them about a bit. <3 you Insurgent.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Powershift posted:

5 year olds are better at GTA than some goons.

It's me. I'm the shameful goons

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ddddddffdfddddfddf posted:

It's me. I'm the shameful goons

:(:hi5::(

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

That was possibly the smoothest Prison Break run I've been on, thanks guys!

Totally going to be running Humane Labs later when it finally comes in and hour or so if you're interested.

I just want the Hydra, and EMP seems to be the one mission from the Humane Labs heist that I just can't get into joining with pubbies...

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Icedude posted:

That was possibly the smoothest Prison Break run I've been on, thanks guys!

Totally going to be running Humane Labs later when it finally comes in and hour or so if you're interested.

I just want the Hydra, and EMP seems to be the one mission from the Humane Labs heist that I just can't get into joining with pubbies...

Pick some evening and goons will plow through it with you?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

BitBasher posted:

Pick some evening and goons will plow through it with you?

Normally I would, but I work nights and Sundays are the only days I get off at the moment, so it's either today or I wait a whole week again :sigh:

Good news though, got the call from Lester so I'll be good to go hosting Humane Labs in a few minutes!

edit: Got 4, thanks!

Icedude fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 23, 2015

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'd also like to ask again if anybody would want to go through the prison break heist some point this week? I've got a mic and I'm pretty alright at not dying.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Sure thing, buddy. Add me: literallygary
(PS4)

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
If you're taking the driver job in any heist mission make sure you don't drive like piss garbage. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Thanks for the fun scryon even though I had no chance haha. Look forward to more shenanigans.

What's the policy on inviting a real life friend to the crew? I promise he won't kill other lljk dots and if he does I can drive to his house and punch him.

• Locked thread