Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I am tied for 41st in our bracket, but I think only 5 people have a higher max score than me and I do have MSU winning this game and a Louisville-Oklahoma regional final, so maybe there is still hope...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

kiimo posted:

I'm glad I listened to MV about Utah.
Utah (and Oregon) are probably both underseeded (though Kenpom doesn't really like Oregon).

If Utah hadn't had the slump at the end, they'd probably be a 3-seed.

Pfisiar
Aug 3, 2013
I made a desperation/goofy bracket with MSU winning it all. Right now that's the only hope I've got.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

I really should've factored in Virginia's injury woes before doing my bracket. :(

And the fact that va always chokes, unlike baylor, bitch

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
There's a freedom in having my bracket shot. Now I can just not care and watch the games.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Guess who had Sparty over UVA :smug:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Probably Magic posted:

I really should've factored in Virginia's injury woes before doing my bracket. :(

I have very few rules of making a bracket but one of them is "Tom Izzo always makes the sweet sixteen"

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Benne posted:

It's me. Rule #1 is "Always take Michigan St. to go further than you think.". To bad I had to rush my yahoo bracket so I could leave for work or I might have remembered to take Sparty like I did on my ESPN one.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Benne posted:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

Guess who had Sparty over UVA :negative:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Tied for 3rd in the SA bracket, but I still have two final four teams that have yet to play today.

I'm gonna die.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

There's a freedom in having my bracket shot. Now I can just not care and watch the games.

Gonna be like that after KU loses today.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

For some stupid reason I had ISU and Virginia in my Final Four. Oh the pain.

Pfisiar
Aug 3, 2013

Bird in a Blender posted:

For some stupid reason I had ISU and Virginia in my Final Four. Oh the pain.

Both teams got a ridiculous amount of hype from talking heads. I know and share your pain. Should have realized the talking heads know nothing.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
UVA was really good if you look at the season as a whole but they were a really different team after Anderson got hurt. He came back but his jumper was off and they need all the offense they can get. I picked MSU over them too.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

If you look at your bracket, have some boring higher seed through, and don't root for the upset to blow up your bracket anyway, you're doing it wrong.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'm in a bracket with about 200 people. I'm 3rd from last.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Philthy posted:

I'm in a bracket with about 200 people. I'm 3rd from last.

In spite of Villanova going down I'm tied for 6th in a similar pool at the moment

But it looks like Northern Iowa is gonna cost me :negative:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
skip baylichu's hottest takes tied for third :smug:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I have two brackets on ESPN that are 99.6% and both have UNI going to the Final Four :negative:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I'd be doing better if Virginia hadn't died, that's half my championship game.

This is the part where I "root" for Wisconsin, but that's not happening.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
My Final Four was UK/Baylor/UNI/Iowa State

I remember that one year where I got the full Final Four right when Georgetown made it and Florida won the title. I know karma strikes back, but its been nearly a decade now. I guess I'll just go all chalk next year.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember when I was talking smack about taking UAB and Georgia State and being in the top 1000 brackets? I'm now at 3 million+. NCST and MSU hosed me good.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

skip baylichu's hottest takes tied for third :smug:

It's all about Possible Points at this juncture. :colbert: (I believe I am 3rd in that)

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected
Still leading after today, but lost my first elite eight team (UNI). I also have Utah over Duke and Arizona beating Kentucky so yeah prolly not gonna happen.

Feeling a lot better about somehow putting OU in the final four given that that region has totally fallen apart

Edit: wait no. I had Utah over San Diego St :psyduck:. What was I thinking. Duke hate clouding the brain I guess

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

OctoberBlues posted:

It's all about Possible Points at this juncture. :colbert: (I believe I am 3rd in that)

First :smugdog:

And I'm very confused about how that happened.

My Kentucky hate is going to bite me on the rear end as Notre Dame has not looked sharp and I picked them out of that bracket. That is, if Wichita State doesn't do the job.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
I'm in another pool with a guy who's managed to be in espn's top 1%. He's missed a total of 6 games and got 14/16 of the sweet 16 with his elite 8 all alive, still. What a complete fucker.

I'd be doing ok this year if it wasn't for the East. But I have a feeling a good portion of the country feels the same.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Who is Aaron White Power? Is that you MV? Whoever you are, our brackets are incredibly similar and the only thing we have different the rest of the way is me having Louisville in the elite 8 and you had Villanova... So if Louisville loses to NC State, I can't win this stupid contest because you are two points ahead of me.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
God dammit WVU, you were supposed to redeem my bracket while I watch everyone elses go down in flames!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

OctoberBlues posted:

Who is Aaron White Power? Is that you MV? Whoever you are, our brackets are incredibly similar and the only thing we have different the rest of the way is me having Louisville in the elite 8 and you had Villanova... So if Louisville loses to NC State, I can't win this stupid contest because you are two points ahead of me.

Haha yeah that's me

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

marioinblack posted:

My Final Four was UK/Baylor/UNI/Iowa State

I remember that one year where I got the full Final Four right when Georgetown made it and Florida won the title. I know karma strikes back, but its been nearly a decade now. I guess I'll just go all chalk next year.

I just assume my bracket is going to be massacred every round no matter what.

Speaking of karma, I haven't done well since '03 when I was dead last out of ~25-30 friends when the championship game tipped-off and finished first thanks to Syracuse! Almost everyone had Texas winning it, and a few had Kansas. But nobody else even had Syracuse playing in the final except me.

I've been terrible ever since. Especially 5-6 years ago when I had 15 of the Sweet 16, the ENTIRE Elite 8 correct, AND, for the first time in my life, ZERO teams in the Final Four.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Anubis posted:

I'm in another pool with a guy who's managed to be in espn's top 1%. He's missed a total of 6 games and got 14/16 of the sweet 16 with his elite 8 all alive, still. What a complete fucker.

I'd be doing ok this year if it wasn't for the East. But I have a feeling a good portion of the country feels the same.

I think anyone whose bracket is above 98% this year should be arrested immediately on suspicion of criminally unstable decision making

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The only time I've correctly predicted the champion from the bracket's start was when Okafor won with UConn.

Though I get pretty accurate once within the Final Four (real precognition there, right?) like knowing UConn would win out.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

EvanTH posted:

I think anyone whose bracket is above 98% this year should be arrested immediately on suspicion of criminally unstable decision making

There was some weird stuff on the first day, but after that it's been pretty chalky outside of one region, and it was the one pretty much everyone said was mostly likely to see the top seeds go down. UCLA was the only super out there sweet 16 team, really.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

MourningView posted:

There was some weird stuff on the first day, but after that it's been pretty chalky outside of one region, and it was the one pretty much everyone said was mostly likely to see the top seeds go down. UCLA was the only super out there sweet 16 team, really.

Either you let loose and fill it out schizophrenic or you do it reasonable and a personality uncontrolled diving between those states is a hazard to the health and safety of all those around them. Or best case scenario they're guilty of cheating via TIME CRIME

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MourningView posted:

davidson is a bunch of midget chumps who will be dunked on repeatedly and embarassed hth

I just went back and saw that I posted this and

1) I am a goddamned genius

2) haha suck it all of you who had them as your cinderella

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

So close to a perfect elite eight. :( At least I made a hedge MSU moneyline play...

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

EvanTH posted:

He's up to 100%, though he isn't in the top 50 on espn or anything. He successfully predicted the Louisville vs MSU matchup. If you want to make money apparently MSU is going to win it because this guy is a loving savant. I almost want to put money on it at this point just to see if I can break even using his bracket.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Congrats to whoever takes over first place after tonight, as my bracket is not long for this cruel world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Second place in Goonland, need a Wisky win to take it.

• Locked thread