Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
client
Aug 19, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

you should also run one of these brackets for the lamest logo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Until the mid-90's, Lehigh's teams were known as the engineers

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the sight of this would put fear even into the Bambino's heart

and for my serious entry, the classic Boston alternate

barnold fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 21, 2015

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I present the smarmiest of all sports animal logos, The Fenn Fox:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
E:

Tedd_Not_Ed fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 23, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Voting closes 12:01 AM Monday

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

i want to vote for the bear giving me a come hither look

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
+1 for the biscuits and also for jokerit

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

My nominations go to the previously posted biscuits and expos.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
I hate to be a spoil sport, but the Montgomery Biscuits logo is sad because it's a bad execution of a great concept

• 1. The hands are literally copy pasted and rotated
  • 2. The eyes, which look as though they were probably made using the circle tool in Photoshop and then never touched or edited again, have a needless overlap that takes away from the design, furthermore the positioning of the pupils makes the biscuit look cross-eyed.
  • 3. Going on that if it's his left side that I should be seeing the most of according to the positioning of his body, then it is his left eye, not the right that should be overlapping
  • 4. Take a look at the size of the lines that separate the numerous elements. They range from barely visible around the eyes, getting bigger until at the bottom they're bigger than the pinky finger.

Again, I like the concept of a biscuit logo, and to be honest the logo actually looks a lot better on the ballcap version, which alleviates most of these problems.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Looking goofy as poo poo is a vital component of logos that own.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Rectal Placenta posted:

Looking goofy as poo poo is a vital component of logos that own.

I agree, but nowhere did I say it was too goofy. The idea of a biscuit tapdancing and doing jazz hands does indeed own. My complaints were that the logo was sloppy and in some cases lazily drawn.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

I hate to be a spoil sport, but the Montgomery Biscuits logo is sad because it's a bad execution of a great concept

• 1. The hands are literally copy pasted and rotated
  • 2. The eyes, which look as though they were probably made using the circle tool in Photoshop and then never touched or edited again, have a needless overlap that takes away from the design, furthermore the positioning of the pupils makes the biscuit look cross-eyed.
  • 3. Going on that if it's his left side that I should be seeing the most of according to the positioning of his body, then it is his left eye, not the right that should be overlapping
  • 4. Take a look at the size of the lines that separate the numerous elements. They range from barely visible around the eyes, getting bigger until at the bottom they're bigger than the pinky finger.

Again, I like the concept of a biscuit logo, and to be honest the logo actually looks a lot better on the ballcap version, which alleviates most of these problems.

Counterpoint:

His tongue is a pat of butter.

Votin' Biscuit.

smithers
Jun 18, 2013

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Since I can't find a logo for the Pepsi Mega Bottlers, I place another nomination for the Montgomery Biscuits and submit the Victoria Salmon Kings:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

have to admit i never understood this logo and still don't. looks cool, though

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Abel Wingnut posted:

have to admit i never understood this logo and still don't. looks cool, though

All that needs to be understood is that whoever approved that logo thought having 6 and 9 combined was funny

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

I agree, but nowhere did I say it was too goofy. The idea of a biscuit tapdancing and doing jazz hands does indeed own. My complaints were that the logo was sloppy and in some cases lazily drawn.

no one gives a gently caress about any of those things. the logo owns

go cougs, bitch

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The tongue looked like a penis.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
if your penis has a longitudinal crease i suggest you consult a doctor

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
You all have 4 hours!

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I'm changing my vote from the Nailers to:

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
For your consideration, the best ABA logos:

Juaguocio fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 23, 2015

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

I can't stop seeing some sort of ironic bitcoin themed league featuring the Fiat Slugs.

Not really a good entry, but just wanted to have some home town pride with a goofball chicken

Wait I found it, the defending champion from the 1992 season

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 23, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

code:
(NHL)North Stars 1
(MLB)Orioles 1
(WHA/NHL)Whalers 2
(NBA)Supersonics 1
(NFL)Raiders 1
(KHL)Jokerit 2
(CHL/ECHL)Whoopee 1
(IHL)Lumberjacks 1
(ECHL)Solar Bears 3
(AA)Biscuits 6
(San Francisco-AA) Rough Riders 1
(NHL)New York Rangers 1
(NBA)Retro Nuggets 1
(Minneapolis-) Lakers 1
(XFL) Rage 1
(USFL) Outlaws 1
(NPB) Marines 1
(NBA) Raptors 1
(NFL) Steam Rollers 1
(IHL/AHL) Aeros 1
(TPL) TOT SC 1
(YD1L) Pattaya United 1
(MLB) Expos 2
(MLB) Brewers 1
(NCAA) UConn 2
(MLB) Tigers (D) 1
(MLB) Tigers retro 1
(NLL) Smash 1
(EP) Harlequins FC 1
(NCAA) NC State 1
(NFL) Buccaneers 1
(ECHL) Salmon Kings 2
(PCL) Isotopes 1
(NHL) Blue Jackets 1
(AFL) Destroyers 1
(NBA) Warriors 1
(NCAA) EWU 1
(BBF) Robots of Doom (HOLY poo poo) 1
(NCAA) Cougs, bitch 3
(ECHL) Matadors 1
(Low-A) Polecats 1
(NCAA) Fighting Camels 1
(AA) Seawolves 1
(MLB) Twins (Minny & Paul) 1
(NCAA?) ...A cat thing? Northwestern maybe? 1
(WHL) Hitmen 1
(NCAA) UC Santa Cruz 1
(NCAA) Engineers 1
(NHL) Bruins come hither 2
(NCAA) Fenn Fox 1
(A) Battlecats 1
(DEL) Grizzly Adams 1
(NBA) Trailblazers 1
(NCAA) Wildcats (UK) 1
(ABA) Sounds 1
(ABA) Acorns 1
(NCAA) Fightin’ Hens 1
(NCAA) A loving A, awesome Alcorn!!!
9 teams have 2+ votes
51 teams have 1 Vote. Good job team. I'll have to figure this one out. Any suggestions?

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Mar 23, 2015

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Add 4 more teams to make it even?

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Asproigerosis posted:

I can't stop seeing some sort of ironic bitcoin themed league featuring the Fiat Slugs.

Not really a good entry, but just wanted to have some home town pride with a goofball chicken

YouDee owns, actually.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I'm willing to add 4 more teams that will be automatically assigned 1 vote (Chosen by yours truly), then run a RNG over it to give random seeds to everything EXCEPT ones that have multiple votes. I'm still working to see a better system though.

If people are down with this, okay! If you have better ideas, POST!

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 23, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

If you want elephant logos, Ivory Coast's football shield is better

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I mean it's my new namesake, so I guess I have to post the very odd Iowa State Cyclones logo.

You see we're the Cyclones, but we have a cardinal named Cy for our mascot. There are a lot of variations of this.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
If you're looking for four more I got four:
Trenton Thunder

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

DJExile posted:

If you want elephant logos, Ivory Coast's football shield is better

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Seconding this vote.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah this one fuckin' rules

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

yes, or

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

You can't have the Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters, formerly known as the Pepsi Mega Bottlers and Mobiline Cellulars, without including the San Miguel Beermen:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Randomizing seeding. Expect a bracket tomorrow or the day after tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

King Hong Kong posted:

You can't have the Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters, formerly known as the Pepsi Mega Bottlers and Mobiline Cellulars, without including the San Miguel Beermen:

Or the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters :colbert:

I wish American sports leagues had names as wonderful as Filipino basketball team names.

• Locked thread