Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Lurdiak posted:

Where is that? I just want to get this garbage over with!

Is someone forcing you to play this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jurgan posted:

I want to unlock the upgrade so I can go back to having fun in the challenge rooms. :(

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

So is Worst Nightmare 7 just broken? I tried doing exactly what this guide shows and it didn't do nothin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeX6c9gYMRE&t=160s

I think I did that one either ontop of the GCPD or on Penguin's boat. You can also pull dudes off ledges with claws or otherwise use gadgets to KO thugs as well just don't do anything called a takedown.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Jurgan posted:

He is so dumb for wanting to do a thing in a game. :geno:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Lurdiak posted:

Where is that? I just want to get this garbage over with!

It's the place where you go before the fight with Copperhead. In the Steel Mill?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's the place where you go before the fight with Copperhead. In the Steel Mill?

The fight in the steel mill immediately before you take down the wall and get to the secret lab (where you later fight Copperhead) is an excellent location to get the final combat challenge on challenge mode, btw.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Darn it, I'm past that. I wish I could reset my new game plus.

hard counter posted:

I think I did that one either ontop of the GCPD or on Penguin's boat. You can also pull dudes off ledges with claws or otherwise use gadgets to KO thugs as well just don't do anything called a takedown.

I tried both of these, but it didn't count. Maybe I'm messing up somehow? Do I need to not get hit as well?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

Darn it, I'm past that. I wish I could reset my new game plus.

I tried both of these, but it didn't count. Maybe I'm messing up somehow? Do I need to not get hit as well?

Are you using ground and pound on thugs? It counts as a loud silent takedown sometimes. For example in the ex-tinguished predator challenge you can sub in a ground and pound instead of a silent takedown and still get the medal all the same.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

hard counter posted:

Are you using ground and pound on thugs? It counts as a loud silent takedown sometimes. For example in the ex-tinguished predator challenge you can sub in a ground and pound instead of a silent takedown and still get the medal all the same.

I've been using beatdowns almost exclusively, sometimes using batarangs and grapples for knockdowns. I don't really know what the deal is. :/

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
It's a well-known bug, but not a completely ruinous one- you should keep trying, especially with the enemies on Penguin's boat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I've been at it for a couple hours now... is there some kind of save file transfer or other way to cheat around it I can do? I'm gonna guess no since I'm on the 360...

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

I've been at it for a couple hours now... is there some kind of save file transfer or other way to cheat around it I can do? I'm gonna guess no since I'm on the 360...

That sucks. One last tip I could give is try the penguin boat then fly at the closest rooftop cluster of thugs making sure to do both groups w/o take downs. It worked for a friend of mine in that the cheevo was delayed and unlocked in the middle of a fight.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Apparently the Harley Quinn DLC for Arkham Knight will feature a story in which Harley rescues Poison Ivy from Bludhaven. Harley will also be playable outside of challenge maps.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://it.ign.com/batman-arkham-city-wii-u/94827/news/una-raccolta-dei-primi-due-arkham-su-next-gen
apparently asylum and city are being remastered and put on ps4/xbox1/ pc

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Asylum's a great game but I'm not sure I have the willpower to 100% it a fourth time.

E: though every time goes faster so by this point it'll probably take three hours.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Mar 23, 2015

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

McSpanky posted:

Asylum's a great game but I'm not sure I have the willpower to 100% it a fourth time.

E: though every time goes faster so by this point it'll probably take three hours.

Seriously. Unless they add some substantial new stuff, I'm not touching that. Google translating the article makes it seem like it's just going to be an "HD Port" or whatever, but who knows.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

When a game's this old I really don't mind if they spice it up a little with some alternate sequences or extra bonus content, yeah. Raw nostalgia only gets you so far, even for a classic.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

Arkham Knight pushed back a few weeks to June 23rd. Also new 7 minute gameplay video: https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Batman-Arkham-Knight-Releasing-June-23rd-2015/td-p/428306

Spoilers in the video of course.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Keeku posted:

Arkham Knight pushed back a few weeks to June 23rd. Also new 7 minute gameplay video: https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Batman-Arkham-Knight-Releasing-June-23rd-2015/td-p/428306

haha, I like the goon you hear over the radio that says "Hey, if you see Batman, shout and charge him! Never fails :smug:"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Keeku posted:

Ahaha.

"What you doing?" "Evening the odds."

L1: Even The Odds.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
"If you're lying, I'll break the other one!"
"The other wha-augh!!!"

Oh, Batman. :allears:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Direct link to the youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpfytI2K7-I

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

These remasters are getting out of hand.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

"Do you really think Scarecrow's crazy enough to detonate a chemical weapon in Gotham?"

Uh yeah, that's his entire MO??? Have you ever met him, Gordon?

I do like that combat meter that tells you how many hits until you can do a special move. It's not something I ever felt like I needed, you're never more than 5 or 8 hits from breaking somebody's leg (fewer than that with crits), but it's a nice quality of life change.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
You can see why it's still in dev- I loved the spinning mook off to the left as you approach the driver.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
wow the city looks nice. the streets are normal sized, cars and henchmen are running around. I also like that the goons have individual models.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Is it just me or does Kevin Conroy sound a bit bored?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I think he sounded pretty much the same in Harley Quinn's Revenge. Google says the dude's 59. How long can you keep voicing the same character?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Holy poo poo, Kevin Conroy was my age (or probably even younger) when he started out as Batman.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Nah, he still sounds great.

I'm annoyed that Rocksteady is going with the retailer exclusive DLC still. The Red Hood pack from Gamestop is going to be a story pack, not just challenge maps.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah, he still sounds great.

I'm annoyed that Rocksteady is going with the retailer exclusive DLC still. The Red Hood pack from Gamestop is going to be a story pack, not just challenge maps.

I'm torn between my desire of playing all the material for this game and my intense hatred of Jason Todd. :qq:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Just gonna stand over one of Scarecrow's henchmen and have a video conference with the police commissioner's daughter. Nothing compromising about that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

Just gonna stand over one of Scarecrow's henchmen and have a video conference with the police commissioner's daughter. Nothing compromising about that.

They likely can't hear Barbara since it's a secure feed to his cowl and just say that Batman has special lenses so nobody but him sees the screen.

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

Was that Jonathan Banks playing commissioner Gordon?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Kevin Conroy's Batman always sounds bored.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

SKYMALL SCRILLA posted:

Was that Jonathan Banks playing commissioner Gordon?

"No more half-measures" :shoots Two-Face:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

"Do you really think Scarecrow's crazy enough to detonate a chemical weapon in Gotham?"

Uh yeah, that's his entire MO??? Have you ever met him, Gordon?

It never ceases to amaze me how everyone aside from Batman is repeatedly incredulous at how crazy the inmates who have repeatedly shown themselves to be crazy are.

I still will never get over Dr. Young, the Joker's actual psychiatrist in a mental hospital, says that she "thinks he might be insane".

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Azubah posted:

These remasters are getting out of hand.

Remastering Arkham City is especially ridiculous if it's going to be released again on PC. It already runs at 1920x1080 and has all sorts of DX11 effects in the settings, what more could they really add?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Remastering Arkham City is especially ridiculous if it's going to be released again on PC. It already runs at 1920x1080 and has all sorts of DX11 effects in the settings, what more could they really add?
4k Batnipples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The only thing that comes to mind is making all the exclusive DLC generally available. This would be more significant with the Asylum DLC, since it included the "play as the Joker" stuff.

• Locked thread