Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Opop, is this ~GUT~?

A little I guess, mainly it was all the pearl clutching in his last few posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

right time to actually address posts in this game;

Poison Mushroom posted:

I still think Ernie is a lyncher targeting Byers. And it's very possible that he's Microsoft Sam.

But if he's actually like a day cop or something and has a reason to push for Byers, I'd like to hear it. Right now, we have a very vague gut vote that could also be an even vaguer cop vote.

But I don't think he's a cop. Sam did the Byers thing from the start. Unless Sam and Ernie are a N0 cop, that doesn't make any sense.

Maybe Sam is a 3p or Scum who pretends to be town? I don't know.

I'm getting way too deep into setup speculation.

i'm not microsoft sam, i'm one of the other posters-through-mod, though

how does this case of yours make sense? more than one person can suspect byers

LordVorbis posted:

Where did this opinion come from, where did it go? Where did it come from cotton eye joe?

it's still here i just feel better about you

your posting opportunistic and is entirely scummy (i.e. preemptively setting up a post a newbie can't respond to, and making drat sure that ecco's lunch is sealed.

HiipFire posted:

there's now even support for the lynch, atleast more than when he originally voted him

i could go back to byers but between lord and byers i'm indifferent

EccoRaven posted:

"Confirmed third party." Not "you're lying scum," not "you're definitely not telling the truth about that claim because you're scum because of the reasons I said before."

"Confirmed third party."

"Sounds like our lynch then."

Yeah this isn't town who thinks he's found scum, it's scum who thinks he's found a safe vote to make.

ecco has the case nailed down perfectly on her side

but lordvorbis' easy sniping on the newbies (even though they didn't know one of them was a newbie) shows that he isn't interested in catching scum, he's interested in finding things he can make look bad. there's no casing or opinion here that builds up until it becomes good enough to state/vote for, it's just constant sniping.

HiipFire posted:

how am i supposed to respond to Poque calling me out tho

i know how, with a post asking him to actually case me instead of just calling my posts useless

what? disprove his case. your posting was entirely empty of rhyme or reasons so that you could avoid modkill. do it another way.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Max posted:

I think Sam said they couldn't be overt because KB had some ability where they checked players for something. I'm assuming it was to see if they were a machine, because I got checked and got a NO response, and KB was Battlestar Galactica, so that would be consistent.
That makes sense. Brings back up the idea that there's an evil machine. Maybe Sam, maybe someone else. In a game like this, a flavor check role like that could be a roundabout SK Cop or whatever.

But would flat Luigi include false positives for that cop? I don't know.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Ernie. posted:

##vote byers

he will flip scum this game

Nope, sorry, I won't.

Doctor Idle posted:

An idiot posted here.

It never ends. :allears:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

Goddamnit, it was random. The vig wasn't directed at anyone.

This, I don't understand why everyone's giving Shark credit for randomly leading KB to the vig. He was going to vig whomever answered his questions!

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

##unvote
##vote Byers2142

I agree with this, this was how he played in the last game I was in and flipped scum and so far he is kind of reading the same. Posting in regards to the hot topics but not committing to any of them. I suppose I'm kind of doing this too at the moment having gone from Shark Mafia to Rurea back to Shark Mafia and now Byers, but it's what I feel. Out of my votes, I feel Rurea to be the weakest. Although, I think Shark's is spiteful more than funny.

Wasn't King Burgundy Microsoft Sam?

I am now being cased for not sounding like I normally do and for sounding exactly like I have before.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

I really need to reread this game and start getting some legit reads, but my internet is going out in about half an hour. I'll take a crack at it after I get home from work tomorrow.

agreed your read on me is not legit~~

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Byers2142 posted:

It never ends. :allears:

:v:

In regards to:

Byers2142 posted:

I am now being cased for not sounding like I normally do and for sounding exactly like I have before.

I don't know your "meta" so I can't attest to whether or not it's not how you normally act, but you read scummy to me. Kind of all over the place, aggressively, but not sloppily and then honing in on a vote once the bandwagon started rolling.

Unfortunately, you won't get axed today and I feel the same way about Vorbis so...

##unvote
##vote LordVorbis

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

This, I don't understand why everyone's giving Shark credit for randomly leading KB to the vig. He was going to vig whomever answered his questions!

I feel like I'm struggling to get everyone else to understand this fact. It's not difficult.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##unvote
##vote Ecco

I don't want to see Vorbis lynched over Ecco, that doesn't make sense in my mind.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Max posted:

##unvote
##vote Ecco

I don't want to see Vorbis lynched over Ecco, that doesn't make sense in my mind.

ecco is a known quantity with limited amount of evil that she can do (roleblockers, rolecops etc. can catch her in a lie)

consider that if she is actually a threat, the mafia will off her as quickly as the town would, wasting their nightkill

on the other hand vorbis is actually scum

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Max posted:

I feel like I'm struggling to get everyone else to understand this fact. It's not difficult.

your read of events is still skewed

at the time KB and Shark were talking to each other

and Shark themselves felt their kill was targeted and not just random, it's other people who've been calling it random since it happened and they've just gone along with it. see:

Shark Mafia posted:

He seemed vaguely suspicious and also it was funny

Shark Mafia posted:

Okay really though can any of you honestly say you wouldn't have done that, given the option? Much more amusing than just randomly shooting some dude

I am this game's collective id

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You need to explain why you think Vorbis is scum, because looking at them, I don't see it. I don't trust Ecco as 3p being anywhere close to lylo or mylo, so I'd rather just take care of it now.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Some clarification,

Before I even had a chance to check my Role PM and then check the thread and post in it, the day had started AND I had gotten an additional PM. It turns out that something fortuitous happened and I became inspired by yall's posting and got myself a gun.
So there I was... the start of Day 1, with a vig, and a voice in my head that told me it could only end well. I looked for the sleaziest person I could find, saw someone asking for a vig, and graciously delivered it. Alas, Ecco did not die due to some stupid OP role, BUT it turns out she is 3p so it would have been hilarious/useful if it had hit her.
But what if you hit a townie rurea!?
A risk I was willing to take.

And now, it's going down and I'm feeling hot and dangerous.

##challenge Ecco

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You really are not understanding how that kill worked. Shark Mafia asked, in general, a specific question with a very specific answer. KB happened to respond to it, and then was killed. That's a trap kill if I've ever seen one.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rurea posted:

##challenge Ecco

this is selfish, at least half the thread has been voicing suspicion over lordvorbis, this just cuts into that right when people might've followed max into defending them :(

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rurea posted:

##challenge Ecco
:munch:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ernie. posted:

this is selfish, at least half the thread has been voicing suspicion over lordvorbis, this just cuts into that right when people might've followed max into defending them :(

I disagree, I wasn't willing to lynch Ecco but if this is a way to verify her or even get rid of her without using up our lynch powers, it's probably the right move. It's like if somebody had tried a nightvig on her, I would've considered that the right move.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

Do you have a power that means you can't talk about who/what you are, either?

Because Sam said he couldn't be overt about helping until King B died. And Ernie is being really cagey. Assuming all these are legit and town (which I kinda seriously loving doubt, but for arguments sake), this feels more like hide and seek than mafia.

Is this directed at me?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

flatluigi posted:

- Voting is done by posting ##vote <playername>. Any actions posted in thread are done by ##action; if you see one of these please stop posting until things are resolved. (please toss me a message or ping me on Steam at the link below so I can respond promptly)

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Ernie. posted:

what? disprove his case. your posting was entirely empty of rhyme or reasons so that you could avoid modkill. do it another way.

I still think my posts about Byers are worth consideration tho

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:yikes:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sure are a lot of vigs this game

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Max posted:

You really are not understanding how that kill worked. Shark Mafia asked, in general, a specific question with a very specific answer. KB happened to respond to it, and then was killed. That's a trap kill if I've ever seen one.

Actually my question was specifically directed at KB, it was rather unlikely that anyone else would have answered it given no one else was successfully gang auditioning. That's not really random.

I had the power to decide whether to go through with it based on who responded to my gang-joining, and I decided to do so with KB.

Also, as previously noted, it was funny. That was obviously the primary reason for doing it but I ain't suffering this 'ONE HUNDRED PER CENT RANDOM' poo poo. Not that that's even a good thing to do as scum day one for reasons that should be exceedingly obvious at this point.

And it's very rude to be all 'he's lurkin' *vote backslide* when I told you the deal. I thought that was very courteous of me and this is the thanks I get?? You are a honorless knave, sir

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

You should vote Rurea probably. I'd also be ok with a LordVorbis vote but it's right now just Ernie and, well, I do care about my survival and all.

I commented on rurea way back basically what i think is that their action could make sense from a cynical perspective. I may actually do a vote but rn I'm trying to read [everyone else]

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

EccoRaven (7): LordVorbis, Ernie., Poison Mushroom, Ernie., Little Mac, Poison Mushroom, LordVorbis, LordVorbis, Opopanax, Rurea, Byers2142, Opopanax, Poison Mushroom, Max, Anonymous
LordVorbis (5): Ernie., Ernie., Ernie., EccoRaven, HiipFire, Opopanax, Ghostly Gangsta
Rurea (2): Byers2142, EccoRaven, Little Mac, Byers2142, Little Mac, Ernie., Byers2142, Ernie., Byers2142, yuming, Poque, Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta, EccoRaven
Ernie. (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
Byers2142 (0): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Ernie., Ghostly Gangsta, Ernie., Ghostly Gangsta
Shark Mafia (0): Max, Ghostly Gangsta, LordVorbis, Max, Byers2142, LordVorbis, Byers2142, Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta, Max, Max
Poison Mushroom (0): HiipFire, EccoRaven, Little Mac, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, EccoRaven, Little Mac, HiipFire
Ghostly Gangsta (0): yuming, Max, yuming, Max

Not Voting (1): Shark Mafia

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to hang. The current deadline is March 24th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 27 minutes.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
[[ (sorry, I slept in) ]]

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Max posted:

no you're not. i was there. i felt no temptation to answer the question because shark and kb were already chatting with one another right before the question. and shark's first post after he killed KB was to say he did it because he found KB scummy.

anyone in the 'shark is scummy' camp is refusing to acknowledge the actual content in shark's posts that say it wasn't a random kill. hell, their first reaction was to say it was funnier than killing randomly!

everyone else has overlaid a narrative of how the vig works that shark themselves didn't describe!

the kill was not random. read shark's posts. the prevailing narrative of trap words has nothing to do with shark themselves claiming such an ability. my first reaction was that answering two in a row of shark's questions led to a vig.

Poque posted:

I disagree, I wasn't willing to lynch Ecco but if this is a way to verify her or even get rid of her without using up our lynch powers, it's probably the right move. It's like if somebody had tried a nightvig on her, I would've considered that the right move.

poque, ecco put her pride/word/honor on the line because she doesn't want to put effort into surviving. if that doesn't confirm her claim, i doubt anything will. next step is going to be people going 'well, i guess she could be a ##challenge-godfather' or whatever, simply because suspicion against 3ps never actually goes away (even though in this case it should)

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

In case anyone wanted to know,
my power isn't a thunderdome so you can continue to vote whoever, but it should be ecco.

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

A completely random shot, by the way, would have been just asking the 'mike jones' question in thread without any preamble. I almost did do that, but I thought it would be funnier (and more considerate, except to the guy what got shot) to ask the gang question first.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rurea posted:

In case anyone wanted to know,
my power isn't a thunderdome so you can continue to vote whoever, but it should be ecco.

whatever, my point stands, putting ecco at -1 with an anonymous vote (i guess that's it did) is still selfish because all we'll be left with now is 'yeah let's get the 3p out of the game'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

does anyone really think Ecco of all people would put her honor on the line as a lie?

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Yeah I ain't voting ecco that's loving stupid

As a third party (and this is less likely to be a lie, due to an attempted vig from a somewhat suspicious person) ecco is basically a known quantity. We can lynch her whenever we want; just going 'meh, well, third party, better kill her' in lieu of voting a person you think is actually scummy is pretty lazy you guys

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

and believe me, I know lazy

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

while you're here, what do you think of lordvorbis, shark?

and who do you think is a better alternative to ecco today?

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

I'm posting comments as I go through the thread. Although I havent read lordvorbis yet he is strictly a better lynch than ecco because he has a bigger chance of being scum, and is actually being voted due to people thinking he is scummy, rather than people pulling a 'welp, don't gotta think about this' copout.

As for other alternatives, i'll see

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
did the challenge just put an anon vote on Ecco?

Ernie. posted:

poque, ecco put her pride/word/honor on the line because she doesn't want to put effort into surviving. if that doesn't confirm her claim, i doubt anything will. next step is going to be people going 'well, i guess she could be a ##challenge-godfather' or whatever, simply because suspicion against 3ps never actually goes away (even though in this case it should)

it doesn't confirm it. and we don't know what the challenge even did so that's a weird addition.

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Okay, yuming. Unlike with most of you, I actually know how yuming plays mafia and her semi-apathy day one is suspicious. Not one giant-rear end case post, what is this??

I'd rather not kill her day one though because I wanted to hang out a bit, so moving on

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Shark Mafia posted:

Yeah I ain't voting ecco that's loving stupid

As a third party (and this is less likely to be a lie, due to an attempted vig from a somewhat suspicious person) ecco is basically a known quantity. We can lynch her whenever we want; just going 'meh, well, third party, better kill her' in lieu of voting a person you think is actually scummy is pretty lazy you guys

I'm not going to quote everything you just said, because it was a lot.

You are right, I've been misreading what happened. I had missed that KB had already engaged with you.

I have never liked the "they are a known quantity" business because I saw scum protect someone with that in a game before, and it took enormous effort to eventually lynch the person because of that mentality.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Shark Mafia posted:

Okay, yuming. Unlike with most of you, I actually know how yuming plays mafia and her semi-apathy day one is suspicious. Not one giant-rear end case post, what is this??

I'd rather not kill her day one though because I wanted to hang out a bit, so moving on

rude! i know how yuming plays!

of late yuming is unreadable this way because she simply is too busy irl. people catch her as town when the scum submit actions too quickly, and as scum when the scum take too long to submit actions (i wish i was kidding).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Shark Mafia posted:

Also, as previously noted, it was funny. That was obviously the primary reason for doing it but I ain't suffering this 'ONE HUNDRED PER CENT RANDOM' poo poo. Not that that's even a good thing to do as scum day one for reasons that should be exceedingly obvious at this point.

This is a terrible argument.

• Locked thread