Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Yes, first option. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Lt. Kara Thrace realises some civilian ships are exposed and unprotected. Taking a swig of whiskey, she leaps into her Viper and jets over them to provide cover. When she arrives, she is given an urgent warning from Galactica's command crew - another Cylon fleet has Jumped into the system.

Crisis!

Raiding Party: Activate Raiders - The Raiders in Sector 1 move to 2.

Setup Ships: A Basestar and 3 Raiders in Sector 3, 2 Raiders and 2 Heavy Raiders in Sector 4, a Civilian in 5, 2 Civilians and 2 Vipers in 6.

FTL Failure: Move the Fleet token 1 space towards the start of the Jump Prep track - No Effect.

Turn 1.2: Admiral Adama (Klades) is the Current Player.

Admiral Adama (Klades) draws 3 LEA, 2 TAC..

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Leave it to Starbuck to immediately fly out into the thick of things. Well as long as you're out there you might as well be shooting at things!

Phonepost #move to command, play LEA-1 XO on Starbuck

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Seeing the massive Cylon armada close in, Admiral Adama personally moves to take command of the situation, barking orders to his lead pilot...

Adama plays a LEA - 1 Executive Order on Starbuck, who may take a Move/Action or Action/Action.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Also, as a reminder as some of the players are fairly new or rusty, Starbuck's Static only applies on her own turn. (I'm mentioning this as my group played this wrong for the first few games and we all felt really embarrassed afterwards)

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
So it's going to be one of those games, is it?

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I don't know if it's the whiskey or the inexperience talking here, but I'm going to assume I should shoot at the raiders and ignore the heavies for now. Hopefully I'll be around to take care of them at the next opportunity. :ohdear:

##Boom, boom, boom! Shoot at the raiders twice!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

OhHiMaahk posted:

So it's going to be one of those games, is it?

So running out of Basestars models on turn 2 isn't normal? That's how both my games have gone.

The Galactica tends to disintegrate pretty fast :smith:

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

If the heavies get through we should have all the time in the world to take care of them, but a damaged viper with a pilot in sickbay would be a problem right now. So yeah, pewpew raiders is the goods choice.
If someone hits me with an XO next I can get some cannon fodder backup out there as well

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Honestly this might not have been a bad nuke opportunity.

I haven't played much but it makes my guts squiggly when I see pot-shots at Raiders.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Ah, that might be true. I've literally never seen the nukes get used in the offline games I've played so I sort of forget about them.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Starbuck attacks two Raiders in Sector 4. 1d8 = 7 1d8 = 7 Two Raiders Destroyed!

Starbuck chews on a cigar and expertly shoots two clusters of Raiders out of the sky.

Back on Galactica, the crew is getting restless. Suspicions are raised about how easily the Cylons have been able to track the fleet. There are whisperings among both the officers and common crewmen - could their Admiral be a Cylon collaborator?

Crisis!

Cylon Accusation - 10 POL LEA TAC:
Pass: No Effect;

Fail: The Current Player (Adama) is placed in the "Brig" location

Activate Raiders (no Jump).

Everyone, play in or pass.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Bag edit: on the other hand we were one activation and some bad luck from having civs in the line of fire so I still think this was the way to go.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

This seems like one we definitely need to pass. I can help a little.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

As a reminder, Adama is an Inspirational Leader and all Skill Cards with a value of 1 are positive. (Almost forgot myself about his static, heh)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm thinking the turn and card sink required to release Adama makes this worth passing. Although, I'd be second in line for the Admiralty then!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Been a while since I did a forum game, are we enforcing play order? Is that even a thing?

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I think only on things like getting someone out of the brig and if Inv Comm is played?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Turn Order will only be enforced on Admiral Quarters or Brig checks, checks where an Investigative Committee has been played, checks that could potentially end the game and Super Crisis Cards. The current player may also request turn order if he or she wishes.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

At least those were the only times it was enforced the only other time I played. BH was not modding it though, so maybe his ruling is different.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Brony Hunter posted:

Cylon Accusation - 10 POL LEA TAC:
Pass: No Effect;

Fail: The Current Player (Adama) is placed in the "Brig" location

Activate Raiders (no Jump).

Everyone, play in or pass.

I don't want to end up in the brig this soon, but we're not sitting on a lot of cards just yet. I can handle most of this, so I don't think anyone other than Baltar should really throw in here since he draws immediately after. I'll wait until I see if he's playing in at all before I decide how hard I'm hitting this.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

DaisyDanger posted:

At least those were the only times it was enforced the only other time I played. BH was not modding it though, so maybe his ruling is different.

My ruling is the same, as it seems to be the common trend on SA and I don't want to buck the norm :)

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Also, as this is the first Check of the game, this seems like the best time to say this:

During a Skill Check, if you wish to play an interrupt on it (such as an Investigative Committee, Scientific Research, or an ability such as Starbuck's OPG), I'd request you please post them as soon as possible for ease on myself and the other players. I'm still getting used to the spreadsheet so I'm not sure how much I can "reverse" :)

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
I can play in a sizeable chunk and I agree it's best to pass this.

How much help do you need Adama? Should I dump my hand in?

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I don't need too much help, just some destiny insurance and change.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
You got it

##Play 2

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

So just you two are playing in, right?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##pass This is what I do, right?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Somberbrero posted:

##pass This is what I do, right?

Yeah, that's exactly right if you don't intend to play in :)

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

#Playing two

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

##Pass

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

##pass

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Cylon Accusation - 10 POL LEA TAC

POL 2 - Consolidate Power
LEA 2 - Executive Order
LEA 3 - Declare Emergency
TAC 5 - Strategic Planning
PIL 2 - Evasive Maneuvers
PIL 3 - Maximum Firepower

Total: 7 FAIL! Adama is moved to the Brig! Starbuck becomes Admiral!

Activate Raiders: Raiders advance!

Despite the best efforts of Adama, the crew mutinies and storms the command deck. The Admiral and several of his key officers are captured at gunpoint and hurled into the ship's brig, accused of being enemy sympathisers. As a result of this massive upheaval of power, Kara Thrace is left as the highest ranking military officer in the Colonial Fleet, and receives the authority of command.

Turn 1.3: President Baltar (OhHiMaahk) is the Current Player.

President Baltar (OhHiMaahk) draws 2 POL, 2 LEA, 1 ENG.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Well this is a wonderful start :v:

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 24, 2015

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I said I wanted more responsibility than I had in my last game, but I didn't mean Admiral. :negative:

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
Well balls. I'm thinking command to give Starbuck some viper cover but I'm open for suggestions.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

That's not favorable, thanks a lot destiny! Even if I had thrown in the amount I'd been considering at first it would've failed

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

OhHiMaahk posted:

Well balls. I'm thinking command to give Starbuck some viper cover but I'm open for suggestions.

This seems like a good choice to me. Me and the civvies are screwed if we get another activate raiders or two.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
##Move to Command
##Activate Command to move the viper in sector 5 to sector 4
##Pew x1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

DaisyDanger posted:

I said I wanted more responsibility than I had in my last game, but I didn't mean Admiral. :negative:

Leading from the front.

I'm guessing that my job as Zarek is camping the Press Room and badmouthing Baltar to grab the Presidency from his politically assassinated corpse's dead, cold getting POL cards for the tests, right?

• Locked thread