Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic
Bronsolino album is trash but I love him anyways, no matter what. He makes the best one offs. Back to Drake.

Anyone else I should check for? I'm tired of clicking around on youtube for singles - what album goes hard front to back? i'm trying to work here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

If you're looking for a real hard Drake album check out So Far Gone. It's basically like a prelude to Flockavelli.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

New Earl is really interesting. I like the direction he has taken with his production. Need more listens but on first listen it's a lot more coherent than doris albeit runs together more

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

THNDRTHF posted:

Bronsolino album is trash but I love him anyways, no matter what. He makes the best one offs. Back to Drake.

Anyone else I should check for? I'm tired of clicking around on youtube for singles - what album goes hard front to back? i'm trying to work here

Well Done is great, as are Saaab Stories and Blue Chips. New one hasn't done it for me, really. Seems a little bland or something in places.

edit: This is from Well Done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGOBwKVFSkI

youngallah
Mar 14, 2012
forgot to post during the madness that is sxsw but check out my crew's new mixtape, got features from cats like killa kyleon, sean price, dee-1 and a bunch more

https://lnscrew.bandcamp.com/album/lns-crew-vol-2

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic

youngallah posted:

forgot to post during the madness that is sxsw but check out my crew's new mixtape, got features from cats like killa kyleon, sean price, dee-1 and a bunch more

https://lnscrew.bandcamp.com/album/lns-crew-vol-2

LNS till the world blows up

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

If you're looking for a real hard Drake album check out So Far Gone. It's basically like a prelude to Flockavelli.

I will check it out. Waka has been wearing my clothing alot recently.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Yeah I'm not really feeling Mr. Wonderful. If you want fun Bronson tracks, the stuff on his previous tapes outshines this in just about every way. Nothing here is "bad," he's just done it better before, so what's the point? His flow is becoming too predictable... some lines here have literally identical delivery to lines from previous tapes... And his attempts to try new stuff here is really miserable (what's up with the rock song?? what's up with the "sequel" to thug love story? what's up with the weird, echoey, ambient instrumental near the end?). Kind of worried that morbid-obesity-related health problems and 24/7 dabbing is sapping his creativity.

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic
I love the three singles, but he tricked whoever paid him for the rest of the album. More power to him. I hope he keeps killing it he's one of my favorites regardless.

e: the 3 new videos are some of my favorite rap videos in forever

THNDRTHF fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 23, 2015

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Profondo Rosso posted:

New Earl is really interesting. I like the direction he has taken with his production. Need more listens but on first listen it's a lot more coherent than doris albeit runs together more

It really gets better with each listen, the songs really start to come to their own (on top of having the overall coherency) with it.

e: DNA is definitely the weakest track on it though.

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 23, 2015

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yup, way better album than Doris for sure. I never really went back to Doris except for a couple tracks (Burgundy, Hive, Whoah) but this one I think I'm gonna enjoy hearing all the way through. And gently caress, Mantra is just a standout track, better than anything on Doris except maybe Hive. I coulda used one or two more Vince Staples features like Doris had.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Is the new drake actually good or no

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nah not really. it definitely feels like a throwaway thing. i mean the whole point of it was so he could get out of his record deal so there's a lot less care gone into it than NWTS or Take Care.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Is that true?

I dunno drake raps too slow for me. His albums Always feel like r and b albums and not rap albums but I also don't know anything about music.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

It's actually pretty good. I think it's much better than NWTS. First half of it is awesome and the second half is just whatever. Give it a listen if you like any of Drake's music.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

rear end Catchcum posted:

Is that true?

I dunno drake raps too slow for me. His albums Always feel like r and b albums and not rap albums but I also don't know anything about music.

He gets so caught up in his SIX this and SIX that theme in the worst way possible it gets pretty old quick....and this is a guy no one believes is hard so it amplifies the eyerollability 1000x. Otherwise it's good background chill music, and the ladies love it.

And he is essentially an R&B artist that raps on occasion, so you have pretty accurately depicted him.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Only having 3 40 beats is what killed it for me

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I thought Earl's new album was really good.

Favorite track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xleP2SDeFqU

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I also like Earl and Future's latest. 2015 has been great so far.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
rap is dead. someone please just throw drake off a bridge.

Antequek
May 30, 2014
https://soundcloud.com/skaduf/sets/grove-side-the-realest

Found this new guy called $kaduf on soundcloud, kinda reminds me of Isaiah rashad and Tuts.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

UoI posted:

Shut up loser

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yuzenn posted:

He gets so caught up in his SIX this and SIX that theme in the worst way possible it gets pretty old quick....and this is a guy no one believes is hard so it amplifies the eyerollability 1000x. Otherwise it's good background chill music, and the ladies love it.

And he is essentially an R&B artist that raps on occasion, so you have pretty accurately depicted him.

Isn't "The Six" or whatever Toronto? Like who calls it that?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Skeezy posted:

Isn't "The Six" or whatever Toronto? Like who calls it that?

Drake's terrible attempt to put Toronto on the Rap map.

Think Paul Wall's third coast boasting but wayyyy worse, because at least the dirty south as a whole was pretty significant whereas Toronto is not.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
Sour Soul is the album so far for me. could listen to it front to back ten times in a row

ps JR & PH7 and Chuuwee are pleased to announce news of their collaborative LP, The South Sac Mack. The project brings the German production duo together with the Sacramento spitter for 17 breezy tracks that epitomize the sound of the new West.

TenaciousTomato fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 24, 2015

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwuVV07f8DY

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
ha I think I'm a "Stan."

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

UoI posted:

Good thing Kylie Jenner, Tyga and Iggy Azalea are going to resurrect it next week.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

keevo posted:

Good thing Kylie Jenner, Tyga and Iggy Azalea are going to resurrect it next week.

:eyepop:

Tell me more.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I didn't know April Fools are announced a week ahead.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Bronson album is pretty cool, I like falconry a lot. The beats are p. chill

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Gucci dropped another EP, "Dessert"

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

UoI posted:

:eyepop:

Tell me more.

This is all I know.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
When keeping it real goes wrong

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

keevo posted:

This is all I know.

i refuse to believe this is anything beyond a tumblr joke

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Carter VI gonna be fire https://soundcloud.com/drumslum205/young-thug-halftime-carter-6-leak

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Did Young Thug quit YM/CM/birdman/opiate-addict-twink-rape-squad or something? Radio was making it sound like it.

Fiiyahhhhhhhhhh

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh poo poo :stare:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
yeah I'm not generally a fan of Young Thug's rap and production style but that is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

thathonkey posted:

El-P, sadly, is like Big KRIT in that regard... Great producer, middling rapper

literally the opposite btw. okay maybe not great great but... 'solidly good' rapper, middling producer.

edit: return of 4eva literally is great great tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb-E3EuIfn8

Mao Zedong Thot fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 25, 2015