Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
im glad you've finally deigned to play the game now that there's very little chance of the lynch being you MiR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

a worthy uhh posted:

P.S. lmao at quoting your own wiki page from 2011

I was reading it earlier today and laughed at how accurate it still was after three and a half years of not playing, so it was fresh in my mind

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

a worthy uhh posted:

Ram is trying to play Town Captain to the point where he knows he'd draw an NK if he were town, which is suspicious to me

looooooooooooool

I'm never going to play to avoid a NK that sounds like the lamest thing ever.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

TheRam posted:

looooooooooooool

I'm never going to play to avoid a NK that sounds like the lamest thing ever.

You are playing "hey everyone look at me" and if you're town, that's "hey scum, come kill me"

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
wait so now its towny to lurk to avoid NKs

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

you shouldnt have started posting the last few hours then to maximize your towniness

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

wait so now its towny to lurk to avoid NKs

what do you think i'm doing

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

a worthy uhh posted:

what do you think i'm doing

being terrible

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

a worthy uhh posted:

It's more that you're answering on behalf of Alasdair as to motivations

We're here as a means for me understand how your post

a worthy uhh posted:

unless you play fast and loose as scum

so basically not trying hard OR trying too hard OR trying just enough are all scumtells

was more than

Atoramos posted:

thinks there are too many scumtells to scumhunt based on behavior.

You stated it was due to Alasdair posting WIFOM as a defense to an attempt to turbo, I don't buy that explanation because I think the entire point of mafia is to get opinions out of people and hunt scum based on their behavior.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

a worthy uhh posted:

You are playing "hey everyone look at me" and if you're town, that's "hey scum, come kill me"

My face and my palm are both throbbing from how hard I just smacked them into one another.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

MiR are you not voting because if you woudl vote it would be crazyeyes, or are you just dumb

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

MiR are you not voting because if you woudl vote it would be crazyeyes, or are you just dumb

I am not rushing to end the day and I don't know how close to hammer we are, but yes

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Oh we're at -1

but we have time

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

put youre vote on youre number two then.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Honestly Alasdair and Atoramos are cool.

The guy who voted me at the start seems pretty okay too I think...

I don't have the energy to shout at people, I've already done quite a lot of calmly explaining how poor the scum hunting/casing has been so I can't help but just feel :smith: at the mo.

I'm just going to chill out in this thread and try to case people more when Crazyeyes is dead.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

put youre vote on youre number two then.

it's you

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

vote me idiot

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

KIll Crazyeyes. Do it. Vote Crazyeyes.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

is this a gimmick

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

a worthy uhh posted:

I almost missed this but then Ram quoted it. Pro strat discussion right here: MiR is it better for VT to stick out and be viable NK targets, or is it better to blend in?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Atoramos posted:

I almost missed this but then Ram quoted it. Pro strat discussion right here: MiR is it better for VT to stick out and be viable NK targets, or is it better to blend in?

how do you know Ram is vanilla

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

a worthy uhh posted:

is this a gimmick

no the whole point of voting is to show who you are most okay with dying, it assists in scumhunting because vote records are important

you even called me "extremely scummy" but didn't bother voting me

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I am VT I claimed it earlier.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

a worthy uhh posted:

how do you know Ram is vanilla

I don't. So how is it scummy?

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

FoS are bad mafiascum.net garbage for idiot morons

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

no the whole point of voting is to show who you are most okay with dying, it assists in scumhunting because vote records are important

you even called me "extremely scummy" but didn't bother voting me

you did a thing that was extremely scummy, that's different

like love the sinner, hate the sin kinda thing

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

FoS are bad mafiascum.net garbage for idiot morons

##FoS: alasdair crawdad

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Like legitimately, do you think good town stick their neck out and try to discuss things while being less self-conscious, or do you think good town play defensively and close-to-the-chest?

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

if i view someone as "extremely scummy" and don't have someone who is scummier im putting a vote on them THATS WHAT THE VOTES ARE FOR

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

if i view someone as "extremely scummy" and don't have someone who is scummier im putting a vote on them THATS WHAT THE VOTES ARE FOR

i already said eariler that i was on board with crazy, but also you

i have not couched my opinions here

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

then vote me.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Atoramos posted:

Like legitimately, do you think good town stick their neck out and try to discuss things while being less self-conscious, or do you think good town play defensively and close-to-the-chest?

there's a difference between not being self conscious and the gimmicky poo poo ram has posted

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

##vote Crazyeyes

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

MiR name a player in this game that isn't Ram or Alasdair

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

town should be theirself because even if they're an intolerable rear end in a top hat they'll be consistent and within a few games people will probably figure out their just being natural

anyone with a grand plan is just going to be a disappointment and try too hard to be sneaky or something.

try to empathise with people's point of views and if they don't make sense then they might be scum minded.

if you consistently catch scum with this method you are probably quite empathetic a person and can understand people

if you don't you might have aspergers, that's okay but it probably makes mafia a lot harder

there you go mafia 101 with ramram

not even kidding

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

shhhh :redhammer:

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

surprise hammer then shh ... guh.. :redhammer:

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

crazyeyes, town cop, was executed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

TheRam, vanilla town, has been killed.

Sorry for being slow with the hammer earlier, I was drinking with relatives.

I'll update votefinder when I'm not phone posting.

• Locked thread